2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Nerves of Steel
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 12:41:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the bug was frightfully fast, his injuries doing little to slow him in a significant way. cait released a low and impressed whistle, pleased to see that the scizor was more than capable of tanking damage. unfortunately, her grass-type could not do the same in turn. the wing attack that struck next was substantial - substantial enough to result in a stumble and near fall. 

but despite the quivering which plagued her legs, she remained upright and unwilling to surrender.

'she's struggling,' cait determined, pursing her lips slightly.  

"
synthesis."

once again the pseudo-sun came into play, the bruises which were beginning to manifest upon the grass-type's flesh fading within moments. while her injuries weren't entirely gone, the trembles that quaked her form had been subdued. lurantis's eyes brightened, the pain that formerly plagued her easing just enough for her to regain her focus. 

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Nerves of Steel
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 13:21:28 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
‘Synthesis’ sounded familiar, but she didn’t realise just how troublesome it would be until she saw the injuries fading. All of a sudden, it wasn’t just a matter of taking down a vicious enemy, but dealing damage faster than it could heal itself. If the gym leader looked across the field, she’d see an unmistakable look of dread on the girl’s face. It wouldn’t last. It only took seconds for oft-repeated words to echo through her mind. Her own words. Whether or not her partner needed to hear them, she would give them a voice.

“And! Camp Annie Tenet Number Five!”
As silly as the words may have sounded, she held nothing but conviction in her tone. “You’re Likely To Succeed If You Try!” Maybe it was the familiarity, maybe it was the volume. Either way, the words reached the Scizor through his aroma-induced haze, returning a call of “Scizor!” in return.

“Then let’s get to trying harder – and winning! On your feet!” Clamp stood up. “Arms at the ready!” Annie drew her fists in front of her. He didn’t look back to see her, but mimicking the action with glowing blue pincers told that this wasn’t their first time. “Quick Attack!” There wasn’t much of a distance to close, but the recovery move had made it brought on the urge to hasten the fight. Likewise, a hook to the face might have been seen as brutal, but The Lurantis had move than shown that it could take a rough hit.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Nerves of Steel
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2020 22:41:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her challenger was indubitably energetic and appeared to be in-sync with her steel-type counterpart. cait was satisfied to bear witness to such a display, having been confronted by quite a few trainers who lacked the bond needed to more effectively command their companions. the corners of her painted lips tugged upwards to form into a pleased grin, even as her lurantis had the misfortune of being struck.

traditionally, one would throw the entirety of their bulk into a quick attack. but scizor's power had been focused at their pincer as it solidly impacted her pseudo-bug. lurantis was silent, her eyes widening a fraction as the cartilage present within her face very nearly buckled. she stumbled rather dramatically and fell backwards, utterly dazed as her unconsciousness was robbed in such a forceful manner.

cait blinked owlishly, a look of surprise causing her grin to falter.

'a critical blow,' she thought, releasing a low whistle.

her pokemon moaned pitifully as her smile returned in full.    

"and here i thought we'd be going at it for a while longer," she remarked. "what a surprise.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Nerves of Steel
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 18:57:54 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
The Lurantis went down, but both trainer and Pokemon stood, still poised for battle. It took several seconds for Clamp to realise that his enemy wouldn’t be getting back up, and a few more for Annie to draw the same conclusion. A furrowed brow and a slight frown told of brief confusion, which slowly gave way to relief, then excitement.

“Clamp, you’re a champ!” She rushed onto the battlefield, arms wide open. Even without a look back, the Scizor’s squinted eyes said that he knew the hug was coming, and that he wasn’t in the best state to receive it. Thankfully, by the time Annie had finished her cheering run, she seemed to realise as much, drawing to a halt beside her champion. One arm lowered. The other offered a closed fist to him. With a half-cocked smile, he completed the fist bump, finally relinquishing the Swords Dance. “That. Was. Pretty awesome, if I might say so myself. Not without my help, of course, but you really showed your stuff!”

The Scizor grunted and plopped down onto the arena’s floor. It put him at the perfect height to get a few pats on the head before Annie focused her attention on the gym leader instead. An ear-to-ear grin barely contained her words. “First! I wanted to say that I love your hair! And that it matches your gym! Did you dye it? Actually, you don’t have to answer that.” She quickly shook her head, trying to focus.

“More importantly… I want something from you! Besides a gym badge, of course.” She stood before the woman, hands on hips, without a trace of shame on her face. “Your choice what. Maybe a charm, or some advice, or some cash, or your favourite training spot. Something worth remembering.” Perhaps the victory had emboldened her to dare to ask for more. Perhaps that was simply a day in the life of Annie Mei.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Nerves of Steel
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 10:24:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait retrieved annie's prize from the hem of her dress, the gleaming item situated within her palm just as annie piped up. the young gym leader appeared a touch surprised by the young woman's demand, having grown far too use to people simply taking the spoils of their victory before happily turning tail and exiting her gym. 

"oh - i..."

her brows furrowed for a moment as she considered a piece of advice.

"
i don't have much to offer," she admitted. "though i've something to say. but you're welcome to do with it what you will."

cait gingerly pressed the gym badge into the woman's hand, her touch warm and strangely soothing.

"
the gods are upon us. if you're blessed enough to cross paths with one - open your heart to them - and they may do so in return."

she shut her eyes and dipped her head as though in the midst of prayer as she uttered this, hopeful that annie would be blessed in the days. months and years to come.

"and congratulations."

cait grinned brightly as she bid annie farewell, intent on helping her lurantis back onto her feet, 

https://i.ibb.co/mv4nqyy/meadow-badge.png 

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Nerves of Steel
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 19:25:52 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy and 5 lucky letters.
[break]