rocket star [rr]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:57:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]it's rare for iris to get excited, though she supposes before there hadn't been much outside of rocket's strict orders. she takes in the bustle of the festival with wide eyes, dragging river by the hand behind her.
[break][break]
"isn't this great?!" she says, gaze narrowing down on a food stall nearby. she thinks she'd seen river by a similar one last time she'd run into him. "and there are no dragons this time!"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: mission

[break][break]

TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamRight]float:right;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris b]font-weight:bold;color:#989fb1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 2:21:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygoldr"]
[attr="class","bodygoldrt"]
@iris
[break]

River had been dragged into this, literally. Not that he really minded per se, because festivals meant good food, good snacks, and generally good company. People were usually in a good mood and their good mood would rub off on him and he might actually have a good time. [break][break]

It was a welcome distraction from his usual self-destructive behaviour and whatnot, anyway. [break][break]

The boy glances down at his hand wrapped up in Iris' as she speaks. She's so excited and happy and he awkwardly smiles. Are his palms sweaty? He feels sweaty. Why did she make things so awkward?[break][break]

"Let's hope the dragons stay away this time. I'd like to have my corndog and eat it too, this time."

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr b] color: #765D75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2020 2:47:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she pulls him in the direction of the stall. "corndogs? is that what those are?" there's a small crowd in the way, so iris goes up on her tiptoes to try and get a better look. "i've never have one before." river seemed to enjoy them, so they must be pretty good!
[break][break]
iris hadn't been to a fair before, while she was with rockets her priorities had focused solely on work. though the girl was always happy to do as commanded, she couldn't help but feel she'd missed out on something. better late than never, she supposed.
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 1:24:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
@iris
[break]

River can feel his arm be tugged the opposite direction he's facing and presently about to walk. His body jerks and he throws his head back to glower at her abrupt stop, but his eyes widen and glisten with excitement. He practically drools at the sight of the corndog stand.[break][break]

"Corndogs are only the best thing ever, Iris. C'mon, I'll get you one."[break][break]

With his hand still wrapped up in hers, he takes the lead and guides her along behind him and in line. Although, upon standing for more than a half minute, the boy begins to impatiently tap his foot and grow annoyed.[break][break]

"Jeez! What is takin' so damn long?"[break][break]

But it seems a rather large family was taking their sweet time ordering because the youngin's didn't know what exactly they wanted.[break][break]

He makes a discreet motion with his free hand and his Shinx hops down from his shoulder. Slowly but surely, the kitten makes her way through the crowd and behind the stand to steal away a mouthful of corndogs.[break][break]

"We gotta go. Trust me."[break][break]

River squeezes her hand as he pulls her away and someone shouts. He acts nonchalant as they make their break for it, and the corndog stand guy shouts and shakes his hand aggressively as Shinx bolts from the stand, gripping a couple corndogs between her teeth. It seemed she'd stolen them right off someone's plate before they'd been given out.[break][break]

When the coast was clear, Shinx met back up with them and River would take them and offer her one.[break][break]

"They taste better with a little mischief mixed in."[break][break]

He winks, before taking a bite out of his own.

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 2:21:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris doesn't mind waiting, patience is something she's used to. rocket's training had disciplined her; she knew how to bide her time. river, on the other hand, appeared to be far more impulsive than her. she's pulled away before she's noticed what he's even trying to do. "but the--!" her protest is in vain.
[break][break]
a small commotion can be heard coming from the stall but she pays it no attention. iris is still caught up on the fact river hasn't let go of her hand yet. she bites back her grin as she lets him lead her away, his plan finally coming to light once she spots his shinx approaching. "oh!"
[break][break]
when she takes her first bite, iris finally understands why river's so obsessed with the things. "wow! these are good!" she's too focused on her food to notice the wink, but iris certainly would have blushed had she seen it.
[break][break]
"thanks river!" she beams at him, "it's a good job i've got you around." this solution would have never dawned on her--her time under the league's orders really had changed the way she handled things. at the thought of the league, she starts to look around. "i hope none of the rangers were around, they'd have a fit if they caught me stealing." there were a lot of things the league didn't seem to like, most of them seemed to clash with iris' own thoughts, much to her annoyance.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 2:32:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
@iris
[break]

River had never known patience - he was ballsy and impatient and stupid. There was probably a good reason behind Rocket ignoring him most of the time and not asking him to go on assignments. He was the leech that they just couldn't shake.[break][break]

After a few more thoughtful chews, River pulls his hand from hers should she allow it. It doesn't take him long to finish off the corndog. With a sigh, he cracks the wooden stick between his teeth and tosses it in the nearby garbage can. He'd stretch then, yawning.[break][break]

"Right? They're the perfect combo of fried delicious and smoked street meat. Couldn't ask for anything better."[break][break]

Her compliment makes colour tickle his cheeks, but he turns away before she might be able to see it. Instead, he clears his throat awkwardly and attempts to steer the conversation away from him.[break][break]

But it seems Iris is taking care of that, voicing her concern about stealing.[break][break]

"Don't tell me you're chicken. The Iris I knew wasn't scared of anything anyone thought."[break][break]

He shrugs, glancing over her shoulder and past. It seems that Shinx had been quickly forgotten. It was only a couple of corndogs anyway, and the line for the food cart was growing by the second. They had better things to worry about.[break][break]

"It wasn't you who stole anyway. Loopholes, my dear."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 2:48:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she huffs at the accusation. "of course i'm not!" iris was by no means a coward, she could throw herself head first into anything she wanted. of course, sensibility prevented her from making such reckless decisions, always thinking before she moved to act. "it's just..." she hesitates, "the league are so different."
[break][break]
there was no way she didn't expect some sort of contrast between the organisations, the softness of the league was a running joke among many rocket members, but being aware of it and experiencing it yourself was something else entirely. they seemed to give just as many orders as rocket had, but while her old superiors had told her to act without mercy, the league were all about caring for her pokemon, and nonsense like that.
[break][break]
she laughs at his remark. "besides, i don't think they'd be able to catch us if they tried!" there was still enough of the rocket instinct in her, after all.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 3:05:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
@iris
[break]

River laughs at her huff, at how readily she defended herself. [break][break]

"That's better. That's the Iris I remember."[break][break]

His smile is surprisingly warm despite how insensitive he had been in order to get a ride out of her. The smile soon fades, however, as she mentions how different the League is. His nose wrinkles in distaste and he places his hands behind his back.[break][break]

"The League are a bunch of stuck-up snobs who only care about money and stupid shit."[break][break]

He spits his distaste in the grass and snow just off the path they walk, and he wipes his mouth with bitter distaste.[break][break]

But then she laughs and he glances back at her, surprised at her change in attitude. His eyebrow raises slightly and he shakes his head in mild amusement.[break][break]

"You're damn right."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 16:58:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]they've hardly walked a few more paces before a familiar face catches her attention. iris smothers a sigh as she's noticed by one of the many senior rangers the league have in rotation as her babysitter. the woman motions for her to come over.
[break][break]
"i should go..." she says, "they might need me for something." she doubted it was important--iris hadn't been giving as much as a shred of the responsibility she had in rocket--but ignoring them now would only come back to bite her, especially when she was trying to make a good impression.
[break][break]
while she will joke about returning to her old life, iris has long realised the rangers are her new home, whether she likes it or not. there's no place for her in the new generation of rocket. she reluctantly moves away from river, waving a hand in farewell. "i'll see you another time, right?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 17:03:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
@iris
[break]

There's a moment then, while they walk, that River considers taking her hand again. The moment is fleeting however, because just as he's about to brush his fingers with hers she pulls away.[break][break]

It seemed one of her league ranger babysitters had shown up to distract her and call her back. She'd wandered too far for their comfort and they'd prefer to keep her in their line of sight. [break][break]

River retracts his hand and nods, feigning indifference.[break][break]

"Sure, yeah. Hate to upset your babysitters and all that."[break][break]

His thumb brushes against the back of his hand as he tucks them behind his back again. Iris waves and he rubs the toe of his boot in the dirt as he watches her leave. He smiles just a little bit.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
rocket star [rr]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 19:30:48 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 75 poké, 5 infamy, 3 lucky letters, 1x rainbow shard.
[break]
& @iris