2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
seaward bound we be [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 15:55:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The new cemetery was slightly uphill from the northwestern exit of Lilycove, connected to the city by a winding path that went through carefully maintained grass and a couple of rebellious wild flowers.

The walk wasn't a long one, but Skyler felt the weight of each of her steps as she steadily made her way up to the metal gates. Her shoulders were slumped, defeated - as if she were trying to somehow protect herself from some incoming blow - and if one were to look closely, they'd notice the slight limp in her step.

By the time she got to the tombstone, sunset colors bathing the world in gold, her limp had worsened. So had the shaking in her gauze-wrapped hands. So had the clenched fist around her throat and the sudden drop in her stomach at the words etched on uncaring graveyard stone:

Anders Harwood. In memory of those who chose the sea.

Skyler had brought flowers with her, these garish lilies someone had picked out for her and that she knew Anders would hate. But he wasn't here to snap at her anymore, was he? The lilies' fragile stems broke under the pressure of Skyler's closed fist and the blonde grit her teeth. "You're a massive idiot, Anders. To go like this." 

She plopped down onto the ground, wincing briefly at her bruised ribs from yesterday's fight, and grabbed the bottle she'd brought along with her, nestled neatly into her backpack. Anders used to leave small gifts in the morning next to her boat. He'd been an idiot, but he also - he'd had a big heart. 

"Fuck you, Anders." Lilies forgotten, Skyler slumped against the tombstone and put the bottle to her lips, letting the alcohol slide down her throat. "Wish you were here."

● tags:
● notes: MEMORIAL MAINTENANCE
close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
Death does not save you from the cruelty of man.
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
seaward bound we be [m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 23:39:13 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

The war was over, but the aftermath of it all was still visible everywhere you looked. From the flood damage to the sullen expressions of many in town. There was, of course, the occasional joyful one. Those who were happy for freedom from conflict, or for any other reason to smile, but they were certainly far outnumbered by those who lost something. Or perhaps more common, someone.

Today was particularly somber, in a strange sense. She wasn't the one mourning, but she would be a fool not to realize the pain others were going through. It had been a strange journey, the path towards actual friendship, was filled with its ups and downs. Today, however, it seemed that Skyler certainly wasn't herself. From her position at the gate, even she could see with the dying light how she was in disarray.

Her flowers forgotten in exchange for a drink, slumped onto the ground, Celeste couldn't help but sigh and hang her head for a moment. Death was a natural process as any and they had barely managed to cling to life itself, but the joy of life was quickly forgotten amongst the sorrows drowned out by the inevitable. She didn't know the man she mourned for, perhaps that made it harder to understand.

Death was only the beginning for many, all it took was a brief look at her many ghost-type pokemon to understand that. Regardless, perhaps it was time to do something before the only woman she could consider a decent friend drunk herself into a depressed mess.

Celeste's shoes audibly clacked against the road as she walked forwards, announcing her presence to the attentive ear. She didn't say anything at first, simply remaining silent and standing nearby in silent support. Forgoing her usual suit, or well-dressed style, she wore something a bit more exposed, if only for the sake of keeping her wounds from being rubbed at and ruined even more. The large bruises on her sides were exposed by the crop top she wore, the tentacles from the Nihilego practically caused the entire lower half of her torso to be a black and blue mess of injuries, even as she held herself high, clearly doing her best to ignore the pain that remained.

Anders Harwood. She didn't know how he died, or how Skyler knew him, but that didn't matter. All that mattered is that they were here and he was not. Only after a few moments of empty silence, leaning on her parasol for support did Celeste finally speak up. "You're not going to be mourning alone tonight, my dear. Speak your peace, don't let them go unsaid. If I understand anything, it is this. Don't walk away tonight with things you wish you could have said. Say them now."

She'd turn her head to look down at Skyler, sighing quietly. She wasn't exactly the sympathetic type, but seeing this, how could she not do something? "Say the word, and I'll leave you to yourself if you so desire. But consider it... personal knowledge about death, that one should not be alone."

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #967BB6; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
seaward bound we be [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 19:08:18 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It wasn't such a surprise that even at this hour people flocked to the newly built cemetery. The rows of recently acquired tombstones spoke of a reality Hoenn wouldn't soon forget, especially those that had known the people which now rested beneath cold, uncaring earth.

The clicking of shoes caught her attention, but Skyler didn't move her gaze away from where it rested, lost somewhere in the distant ocean. She didn't move from her current position, leaned against a tombstone with a bottle in hand. Only when the approaching footsteps stopped, alarmingly close to where she was sitting, did the blonde's chin tilted upwards to peer at whoever had decided to grace her with their company. Or bother her, more like.

It was a shock to see a familiar face framed by moonlight pale hair staring back at her.

"Celeste..." The word was breathed out, and for a brief moment Skyler felt as if in a dream. Standing in a cemetery with a ghostly pale woman she'd met in a dilapidated, sunken ship. A woman who'd saved her life when they'd first met, and whose life had been saved in turn, months later, in the wake of a bloody, watery battlefield.

Silence settled between the two of them, as if too heavy with the weight of memories; most of them rubbing Skyler's wounds raw. And yet. It'd been Celeste who had seen her through the battle, fighting abominations and facing the ire of something Celeste regarded as a goddess and Skyler as... She didn't truly know. Legendaries had always belonged in myths and legends, removed from the waking world. The sailor wasn't too enthused about having another encounter with one of those legendary beasts.

As far as Skyler was concerned, legendaries could keep their distance from her.

It was only at that moment that Skyler noticed the strange attire Celeste was wearing. Even though they'd only seen each other a number of times, Skyler had grown accustomed to the smaller woman's formal way of dress. When silvery eyes peered up at the young woman, however, the casualness of the outfit surprised her and- so did the lack of fabric around Celeste's midriff, exposing the splotches of purple that spread from her sides. A memory of car-sized tentacles wrapping themselves around Celeste came to mind. Ah...

"Don't have much to say, Celeste." The smile Skyler greeted Celeste with was a far fainter version of the one she usually sported, its vibrancy lowered to the faint shadow of something that could've been amusement. "I doubt the dead will hear me even if I scream myself hoarse." There was - something like bitterness spilling from her lips, tainting her words. Skyler had never been the best at hiding her emotions. The sailor didn't mean to sound ungrateful, but at a time like this most people weren't themselves. It didn't help that Skyler had been the one to find and identify the body, half-chewed through it'd been.

"Make yourself comfortable." Skyler patted the bit of earth by her side, moving the bottle of liquor to the other hand. "If you're going to give me some company, might as well rest for a little while. Might take some time for me to finish this." The glint of glass caught on the sun's dying rays, exposing the clear liquid within. "You're also welcome to join in. Plenty of alcohol for both of us and Anders." That would be more to his taste than those silly flowers, at least.

Curiosity, however, made Skyler reach out to Celeste before the other sat down. Calloused digits hovered over the pale woman's exposed skin, silver eyes looking up at amethyst ones in a silent request before Skyler traced the edges of Celeste's bruises with a wandering fingertip. "I'm... glad we both survived."

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
Death does not save you from the cruelty of man.
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
seaward bound we be [m]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 4:36:32 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

The very first thing she noticed was the strange way Skyler had looked upon her. Just how much had she already drunk before she arrived? Or was she simply too shocked to react in any normal way? Perhaps a bit of both. There wasn't exactly any sane way to process everything that had happened without losing a bit of yourself in the process.

Seemed like the world was finally catching up with her.

Celeste's eyes slowly glanced up and down Skyler as she spoke, taking it all in. That incredibly faint smile, the hurt in her words, was admittedly hard to watch. Celeste was accustomed to death, she had welcomed it like an old friend, unafraid to die... Would Skyler have reacted this strongly if she had died? Would she hold herself together even worse? For once, Celeste found herself worrying about the thoughts alone. She couldn't bare to be the one to bring this woman even more hurt, not like this.

Her eyes slowly closed shut as she listened to every single word, carefully debating upon her own before speaking. "I'm sorry, my dear. I'll be quite frank, should I sit down, I would require your assistance standing once again. But by the time we're done, I highly doubt you'll be walking straight yourself." It was spoken with a cold sense of humor, the faintest hint of a chuckle in her voice. Nevermind actually drinking herself. Her tolerance was absolutely next to nothing, a shameful display it would be.

Before she could even go against her own words and even attempt to sit down to rest her feet, she felt something touch her. Pain almost immediately spread across her torso, even as she looked down to see Skyler just barely brushing against her skin, around her bruises. She instinctively grits her teeth, holding her tongue. It stung like hell, but she had survived actually getting these wounds. The gentle touch of a concerned friend could be withstood for as long as she needed to.

A shaky sigh escaping her lips, Celeste continued to speak. "For what it is worth... I am glad as well." Her own free hand that wasn't leaning heavily against her parasol would shift over, gently placing atop of Skyler's hand for a moment. Her own violet eyes searching for theirs. "It goes without saying that there are next to none that I would trust like this. But, at this stage, there is no hiding my physical flaws from you. I am-" Her own words are cut off with a wince as she finally just carefully lowers herself to the ground beside Skyler.

"As I was saying, I was, and still am, in incredibly physical pain. However, without you there, I would be feeling nothing at all." It went unsaid, simply implied with the strong look Celeste gave, that without Skyler she absolutely would have been dead. "I am glad too."

"But this isn't a night about me." The very moment she finally settles onto the ground, Celeste is already leaning up against her, simply getting the support she needed to remain upright without explicitly asking for it. Her eyes would shift over to the grave, a more somber tone finally filling her voice. "If you do not mind, I would like to know the wonderful person he was. Can you tell me about him?"
[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #967BB6; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]