falling leaves [social/closed]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 22:06:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Route 102 was just a foresty expansion of Route 101, Apollo quickly realized as he made his hike through it. A single pokemon walked slowly behind him, obviously downtrodden by the way Skourpi drug his tail limply behind him. The man, his trainer, walked with anger in his steps as they once again found themselves turned around and back to where they started. Apollo growled, deep in his chest with anger at STILL being lost!

Skorupi cowered and whimpered, causing Apollo to turn his head so quickly it could have snapped to face the pathetic pokemon at his feet. "YOU! This is all your fault! You just had to go chasing that goddamn Pidgey when we got here, now we're lost and it's all your fault!!!" What started as hushed words of anger turned into full on screaming from the red faced trainer and a punched tree to boot. 

The poison type cowered more, covering his face with his claws. "OH NO! Don't you dare try to hide from me!" Apollo roared once again bending down to get closer to Skorupi's face. It took him a moment to calm his desire to yell more, realizing it was doing nothing but scaring the poor pokemon who had frankly come a long way since Apollo had "borrowed" him from that young trainer a few years ago.

"Look, I'm not mad you specifically, I'm just mad at your actions. Why don't you ever think when I let you loose? All you do is chase pokemon and get away from me and get us lost and in trouble. Like, c'mon dude."

@william60

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 3:46:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Hit loved the foresty aspect of route 102, there were more places for Pokemon to hide and try to ambush Hit; making it a perfect place for him to try and train. And that was what he was in the middle of doing when he caught sight of a scene that he was more than unhappy about. As he moved easily from tree to tree, he heard the loud voice of a man that seemed to be berating his Pokemon, only catching the second half of their exchange. The large man, even despite his size, moved through the trees almost quietly as he moved to get a better position on the group. Suddenly, as Apollo was finishing his lecture of the Pokemon, there was a shuffling of leaves from above him and then the sound of something hitting the ground behind him. Suddenly there was a voice that would speak, deep and strong in its convictions, "You should be nicer to your Pokemon, you never know when the matter is life and death."

When Apollo would turn around to see the source of the voice, he would be met with the hulking form of, what many people called, a modern day Caveman. Hit stood at a towering six feet and seven inches tall, his body made of seemingly pure and chiseled muscle, but he didn't look like a disgusting body builder; no, he made it work. He wore a pair of fur pants and a leather vest, both of which were obviously handmade and stitched, the vest having no sleeves and open in the front. This exposed a plethora of scars along the man's chest and arms. Though, perhaps the most alarming part for Apollo, would be the spear that Hit would be holding in his right hand. It wasn't pointed at anyone, one end resting against the ground while the point faced the sky, but it was hard for him not to look intimidating while staring down at the boy, "Maybe you should apologize."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 0:11:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Apollo was completely unaware of his audience until the heavy sound of boots hitting the ground startled him. Skorupi flinched and backed away while Apollo, in the process of standing up to face whatever had appeared behind him, managed to stumble over his own feet and fall onto his ass. He stared up in obvious awe at the behemoth of a man before him. From his vantage point Apollo could only assume he was at the feet of a giant... A chiseled, scar ridden giant. Who had said... What?

Nicer to his pokemon...? Nice was letting Skorupi out with him instead of only releasing him to battle. The pokemon was a handful and with all the patience he could muster Apollo would do his best to allow the occasional stroll. Standing up Apollo would brush the dirt from his behind and attempt to square up with Hit. A hysterical feat considering he barely met six feet tall on his tippy toes. "And who are you?" Apollo asked, his tone almost accusatory. "To tell me to apologize to my pokemon? Pfft!" The young man hissed, crossing his arms over his chest and giving Hit his best menacing glare.

Skorupi would watch the scene unfold, obviously scared. Despite that he would inch closer to Apollo and shake the little stinger on his tail in an attempt to mimic his trainer's intimidation attempt.

@william60

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 4:40:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Hit would watch as the man would turn around and give him his full attention, even though it was hostile attention. The sight of him falling over caused a small smirk to tug at Hit's lips and he didn't even attempt to hide the fact either. As he would ask who he was, the man would respond in a no-nonsense-tone, "Hit, and I'm someone who doesn't take kindly to those that treat their Pokemon poorly." With that he would twirl his spear once with quick speed and grace, the tip of it would dig into the ground and cause it to stick straight upwards. Hit didn't need a weapon to deal with this man, watching as he stared up at him with crossed arms. As the Skorupi came closer and did it's best to support its trainer, Hit would let out an annoyed breath, "Look, even after how you treated it, there is his unwavering support." Hit would cross his arms over his chest and take a step forward, imitating the same stance that Apollo had taken and staring down at him with his strong gaze.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 22:00:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Despite his best efforts to puff out his chest and look just as intimidating as Hit it felt like a slap to his face when the towering man pointed out how his pokemon who moments ago shuddered before him was now at his heels attempting to defend him. The bravado and show of force quickly fell and his shoulders drooped as his arms hung to his side. "You're... Not wrong." Apollo admitted, the words coming out like admitting defeat. With his pride wounded not only by possibly having his ass kicked by a giant but being proven wrong in what he was doing Apollo inwardly groaned.

Even so he'd step back from Hit and fall to one knee, patting Skorupi on the head before looking back up at the man. "He's been a good boy, if not somewhat frustrating." Apollo admitted both to himself but to Hit. "I got him from a.. Friend," Apollo continued to explain, glossing over the fact the friend was a trainer he had taken the pokemon from via Rocket's orders, "And he's been a bit hard to calm down ever since. Keeps trying to run off to chase pokemon and getting us lost constantly. I wanna train him up but can't seem to keep him with me when he's out of his ball."

Standing back up Apollo would grin down at his pokemon, who rubbed against his leg like a cat, clearly happy with the praise. "Also don't wanna keep him in his pokeball all the time either." It seemed as if Apollo was explaining it to himself rather than to Hit as he spoke but the words were true. He felt guilty keeping his pokemon hidden away all the time but couldn't help the bit of anger they caused when they were unruly when let out.

@william60
OOC: Gonna apologize for the delays now and possibly during the rest of this month. This has been one of the most insanely busy periods of my life out of nowhere. It's now officially slowing down though so I do promise better times going forward.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 2:50:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","ren"]"I'll protect you, no matter the cost."

The large man would watch as Apollo's demeanor would slowly change, his arrogance would slowly leave him as he took in the details of his Pokemon and looked at the situation with a cooler head. Hit would keep his arms crossed as he listened to the boy speak about his Pokemon, watched as the Skorupi would press against his hand and enjoy the moment of affection. Hit watched the whole interaction and would remain completely quiet as Apollo would keep speaking, seemingly talking to Hit before it seemed more like he was idly talking to himself. As Apollo finished, there was a long moment where silence filled the air while Hit stared down at the man.

And then there was the sound of a heavy sigh leaving the man's lips as his arms would fall to his side. It had become apparent in that moment that while Apollo may be a bit arrogant, perhaps even having a bit of a temper, but he wasn't a completely lost cause. This was not a man that took pleasure in beating his Pokemon or berating them, Hit had simply caught him in a moment of weakness and inexperience. Something that Hit could understand fully, "As ridiculous as this sounds, have you considered a leash?" Hit's demeanor changed a bit in that moment while he watched the boy and his Pokemon before he would move to crouch down next to them.

He would offer his right hand towards the Skorupi, with his palm upwards while offering a soft grin, his voice lower and much kinder, "I didn't mean to frighten you, I thought you were in danger little one. Can we call it a truce?" The man followed his words with a few low growls and clicks, noises that didn't even sound human as they left his throat, but hopefully something that would get the message roughly to the other Pokemon. Once he was at the same level as Apollo and the purple Pokemon, his strong gaze would meet the other man's eyes, "My name is Hit. And none of my Pokemon are in balls. Maybe I can help you with that."

@apollo

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]