Mission Details here

[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@camryn

words

notes
here

The local settlement several miles out from Fortree proper had sent for help, asking for brave souls who could come and investigate the loud noises that went bump, thump and crash in the night.

A lot of rumors were flying around due to the stories told by the elderly folk in the area; whether it was on the soul of an angry Froslass who was looking for her child; or an entire group of them who wanted revenge for some mystical event that happened on the site of said settlement generations ago, Alexei wasn’t sure.

But he knew that these local folk needed their fears calmed down, and so here he was, headed out to the communal meeting center. He found it a little strange that he’d been advised to come in before sunset, though. Well, they do have a point that the strange noises start after nightfall and don’t stop until morning, so… he thought to himself, checking that his three companions were all prepared and ready for whatever the hell would come barreling his way.

He’d also been informed back in Fortree that he would be joined by another; so there was safety in numbers—always a good thing, especially when it came to investigating weird stuff like this. Now, the question was, where was his companion?

Hopefully they’re armed enough to handle this… he continued to ponder to himself, having arrived some ten minutes later at the community center in the middle of the settlement. Some of the elderly folk had already sighted him, and were anxious to begin once his companion for the evening showed up. He’d tried to ask Les if he was free, but it seemed that the other was off somewhere, doing something he didn’t know what.

Well, hopefully this isn’t too much of a murder mystery… he mused privately, looking up at the sound of footsteps approaching. Had his partner for the mission finally arrived?

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 6:11:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The little town was lovely. Shame they were having so many problems.

Camryn had never been this way before and she was loving all the attention she was getting. She guessed entertainers didn't travel up this way too often, given all the wildlife and small towns. Sucked for those who thought themselves too good for small shows. She had really been getting her name out there!

But it hadn't been filling her wallet, and travel took money, so Camryn had found herself dipping into the online for some local missions. One had caught her eye because it was on the way and she just loved a good ghost story.

Camryn was just a few minutes late due to getting held up by a line of wild Smoochum, carrying loads of... presents? But she just waved the cute little things on as they ran out of sight, wishing them well on their way. When she arrived, the older people of the village were more than happy to direct her to whoever her partner for this adventure would be.

"Hi there!" If she snuck up behind him, it was an accident. If he got spooked, she would also feel bad. "I'm Camryn! Are you Alexay? Alexei? Did I get that right?" She had worried about saying this person's name wrong every since she got the ticket saying the name of the guy. May as well just move on from it. "It's, like, nice to meet you! I'm sure we'll do super well on this mission together!"

enter mime girl
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 15:05:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@camryn

words

notes
shall we begin?

“You can call me Alex,” he began in Camryn’s direction, a smile crinkling his features. “Everyone who knows me does. It’s pretty hard to pronounce when you’re not familiar with the language it came from,” he added with a chuckle. “Hope you didn’t get lost on the way out here… are you ready to get to the bottom of this? he asked her, before the rest of the village elders saw that they were both there and quickly ushered them inside.

The sun was already setting as they were shunted within the community center, off to a table where there were cookies piled on a plate, along with their choice of either tea, coffee or juice and literally pressed these baked goods into their hands. The elderly group then turned to discuss matters within their little circle, and Alexei watched them with a curious twinkle in his eye.

It didn’t take long—at this point he’d taken some of the chocolate oatmeal cookies and was biting through a few when one of the wizened grandmothers turned to face them, placing a pair of glasses atop her nose before seating herself down on the comfortable plush chair to face them.

“We—we’ve been having these problems for quite a while, as you both know,” she began, picking up a cup that was full of tea, already poured, and taking a sip. “Most of the elders are afraid to send their children out safely in the evenings… they hear these noises. Strange, sharp, knocking noises. When nobody answers their doors, they then hear… Jim, do you remember what they said? she asked, turning to her companion, who was in the middle of eating some cookies himself; never mind if he’d forgotten his dentures.

The elderly man then turned to them after a few moments of fruitless attempts at biting off a side of the cookie he was trying to eat and turned to face them. “Martha, dear, you forgot? We talked about this minutes ago! Anyway, please ignore my wife, she’s being forgetful again. Anywho, the people who’d heard the noises said they heard some kind of… ‘wailing’, if you may. Others say they keep hearing persistent knocking. Nobody has guests over anymore after dark. Sometimes they see a pair of eyes staring at ‘em from their closest window!”

The elderly lady then sighed, before picking up her teacup again.

“So yes. Please, for the peace of everyone’s mind… please check out these rumors… t’was why we requested for whoever came to deal with ‘em to come by before dark. That’s when they usually begin showing up. In the meantime, please feel free to have some cookies and tea…”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 10:37:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"But, like, it's your name, right? It might be hard for me at first but I can learn! Promise! I'll call you whatever you like, though! Oh, and-" One of the elders had to butt in to stop her before taking her inside. Poor Alex had gotten partnered up with someone very chatty. His ears would probably fall off before the mission was over.

When Camryn was ushered inside she mostly managed to sit quietly through the two old people chattering. This was mostly only because she was enjoying the cookies. It had been so long since she had had something homemade like this! She would need to see if she could take some of these along with her...

After all was finished, Camryn stood up and saved a little 'bye' to the older people for now, starting outside and figuring that her new partner would follow. "It's probably just some wild pokemon all stirred up. There's been a lot of construction and people passing through ever since Slateport, so..." Camryn waved it off, looked up at her much taller companion and smiled. "It would be, like super cool if it was a ghost thought... not a ghost pokemon, but like a real ghost! What if we uncover some super secret plot and become the next Hardy Boys!"

i maybe phoned it in a little where i'm so tired dkjgfakd
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 15:40:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@camryn

words

notes
time to wait for some ghosties. Or whatever is lurking out there.

“For one, I hope it’s not a Ghost-type causing trouble,” he began lightly once they were finished talking with the elderly members of the community—hell, he was surprised to see that he had two small packages of the cookies from earlier had been pressed into his hands before they were shuttered out of the center. “Looks like they gave us some,” he hummed lightly, passing her one of the two clear-wrapped containers.

“If it was wild Pokémon, then they would’ve mentioned it outright. But so far, all we got from them was the mention of knocking noises. Sometimes howling. And then there’s the mention of eyes staring at whoever is inside the house from outside… I think we should hide… he thought out loud, pocketing his share of the cookies—these would taste good later.

“I don’t think the…whatever’s been bothering them would be showing their faces so readily if they see that there’re people outside,” he added a few moments later. “What do you think?” he followed up, looking over in her direction a few moments later. “If it was people coming from Slateport, then they would’ve mentioned that too… but as it is, we’re out here on our own…”

The wind then picked up through the settlement, which made him look up toward the sky. Not a cloud in sight, and his brows furrowed together in concern; thinking of all the possibilities…

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2018 4:05:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I don't think it can be as big a deal as they're making it. They seemed nice but a little kooky, ya know?" Camryn took her offered cookies with a little 'thanks', already scoping out a place they could hide. "I don't know what you do for a living, you could be like a super secret agent and that would be super cool, but I'm just a magician. If it was something really groundbreaking someone more important than me would be trusted with it." She didn't mean to be rude, and she really hoped she wasn't. Camryn just knew as a profession how to trick people and how silly they could be when they were freaked out. One old woman had tried to say she was a demon because of her magic before even after she explained it was only simple sleight of hand. She liked to be more grounded when it came to stuff like this. She wanted to believe that things like actual magic and ghosts and faeries were real- but she would only turn to that option when everything else had been disproved.

"This look good?" It was the small space between a house and the neighbor's fence, recycling cans and trash cans giving them a good view of the village square and a few surrounding areas but hiding them both pretty well if they knelt down some. It was better than nothing and this place was very cute but didn't seem to offer much in the way of being sneaky. This spot was a little stinky but it would do.

She hunkered down anyway. If Alex didn't like this spot that was okay, and she could understand since he was so much taller than herself. He might have different needs. It wasn't long after, though, that a fearsome beast appeared from the entrance of town.... It lurched forward with a horrible screeching noise, ominous in the darkening evening. Maybe Camryn should have brought a light with her.

She gasped as the beast.... fell over and into a street light. That group of Smoochum she had saw on her way to town were pushing a large, worn crate of precariously stacked items. Most of it looked like junk, really, but she could see a few shiny foil wrapped presents. The scrapping had been the box on the stone.

The Smoochum, there was at least half a dozen of them, gathered around the crate and started to take out the things inside. They were followed into town a little later by a large group of Jynx, who started to go through the small stacks of items the Smoochum were making.

"Um..." Camryn wasn't sure what to make of this. Maybe Alex knew?

enter the jynx >:u u control them as much as u want too!
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2018 16:23:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@camryn

words

notes
*war flashbacks to that Jynx he encountered at Meteor Falls lol*

“Honestly? I think they may be overreacting just a bit… you know how it is with elderly people, they like blowing things way out of proportion,” he replied, humming slightly. Well, with the way the two elderly residents had talked to him, they were more like overbearing grandparents warning their grandchildren not to get into too much trouble…and that made him chuckle a few moments later.

“Oh, me? I drift around from job to job. Mostly part-time work, when it’s available… I saved up enough to get myself a place to live in over at Fortree, since you kind of need a ‘permanent’ address to get a full-time job. And that’s incredibly stupid, if you ask me. What if you like wandering around? he added, nodding at the choice of hiding place. It offered a view as good as any, and they had enough room to move around without being seen.

Conveniently their ‘hiding spot’ was one of the main thoroughfares in the settlement, and it didn’t take too long after they’d hidden themselves out of sight (he’d ducked down behind one of the taller piles of boxes so he could be reasonably hidden) did they hear something… screeching ominously. To be fair it sounded like the musical saw, but he wasn’t going to admit to that just yet. He knew, from visual observation, that few of the homes had walled gates, so what the hell was causing that noise?

At the sound of something squeaking as it fell over, he did a double-take. Wait… squeaking? He peeked out from his hiding spot, just at the same time Camryn had done, and his mind quickly did a double-take; hoping that none of the… ‘intruders’ were of the shiny variety. He remembered facing off against one of their number at Meteor Falls, and boy that was nasty.

The Draining Kiss scene was a disaster, to be perfectly honest.

Anywho, he looked over at her, before turning to observe the troop of Smoochum and Jynx, now passing parcels between themselves and picking out which went where. He had to bite down on his lip otherwise he’d burst out laughing—weren’t Delibird supposed to be the ones doing this?

He then decided to voice his thoughts.

“Why are they acting like Delibird?” he began softly. “I know Delibirds are the ones that normally deliver these presents and all that… but Jynx? Smoochum?” he added a few moments later, letting a silent chuckle escape him. He took another look and saw that there were more Jynx coming in now, picking up some of the other presents and were now talking among themselves—if only he could understand what the hell they were talking about, they’d be able to get to the bottom of this sooner!

Fishing out his phone from his jacket pocket, he quickly flipped it to night mode and began recording the scenario as best as he could while trying not to make a noise.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 21:28:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Another wanderer like herself? That was exciting! Camryn wanted to comment on that, maybe suggest some places for the other to visit before settling down, but the appearance of the Jynx had cut chatter short. Shame. This guy seemed really nice and she wouldn't have minded sitting down and talking with him more. Maybe she could ask if he wanted to hang out after this mission was sorted and done with! That would be pretty cool.

"I think Jynx is a Kanto thing?" Camryn wasn't really sure. She just knew that from time to time in Kalos when she had lived in Castelia, once her boarding school had taken a trip to Little Kanto during the holidays. Unlike the rest of the city which was covered in Delibird there was a lot of the same type of memorabilia except Jynx were in the red hats. She had bought a little snow-globe of one since it was so kitschy to her. It was sitting back in her room in Kalos, gathering dust, unless her parents had packed up her room by now and stored it away.

That thought made her sad. Camryn didn't want to think about that.

"I got an idea." Unclasping her pokeballs from her belt, she released all four of her pokemon she had brought with her at once. A family of Mr. Mime and Mime Jr, the two parents holding the hands of their children, and also handing hands with each other. They seemed confused, especially since all this trash was around. "Hey guys, can you see what those Jynx are doing and come back and tell us, please?"

Jester was apprehensive, as was Prankster, the Mime Jr taking after her father in being nervous. But, Harlequin just shrugged and marched right over, Trickster letting go of his mother's hand to rush over to the Smoochum as he was excited to play with them. Seeing her brother go, Prankster followed albeit more shyly.

The Smoochum stopped in their task and the baby pokemon seemed excited for more friends. They chatted for a bit, the Smoochum explaining, and then the two Mime Jr clapped their hands and started to help in unloading the presents.

Harlequin approached the Jynx instead, Jester belatedly following now, and looked to be talking much like how you would see PTA moms in movies chatting with other PTA moms. After a few minutes, Harlequin patted Jester and motioned to the presents. The other Mr. Mime sighed before he went to help unload them as well.

Harlequin made her way back over to the two humans and started to do some very elaborate movements, trying to play charades to show the two what was happening. Alex could probably pick up a lot of what was being motioned but Camryn was used to this all the time.

"Okay.... okay.... right." She perked up and just stood up straight, smoothing out her skirt and revealing their hiding spot. "It's okay, Alex. They're nice! Harle says they feel bad the humans are so sad so they wanted to help the Delibird cheer them up!" That was sweet! "They've been coming every night to hang out the presents but none of the humans seem to be out, so they're waiting on them. But the babies have to go to bed so they leave by in the morning.... Guess it was all a misunderstanding?"

sorry this took me ;w;

mr. mime family to the rescue! feel free to add anything, too. i don't wanna take agency away from alex dsjhfad
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2018 13:37:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag
@camryn

words

notes
the truth becomes clear!

“It could very well be,” he replied back, angling his phone and switching arms so he could support the phone with his right hand—as his left arm was starting to go numb after holding up the phone for what felt like an eternity.

It was…rather amusing, the way the Jynx and Smoochum moved in unison—and he witnessed a squabble breaking out over some of the other Jynx who were now trying to deal with a larger portion of the parcels that they’d set out to ‘deliver’.

He hadn’t thought of sending a Pokémon out to actually try and communicate with the Jynx—but Camryn had, and maybe it was just as well she’d sent out her… that was a lot of Mr. Mime and Mime Jr following each other around! His eyebrows went up slightly, before he angled around so he could include the four new Pokémon into the frame of the video he was taking—watching as three of them pitched in and began helping out the Jynx and Smoochum, while the fourth headed back to where they were—and that was where he stopped recording.

Looking over at the Mr. Mime that was now literally acting out a series of scenes in pantomime, it took him quite a bit to accurately guess what the Pokémon wanted to say, before his companion chimed in and voiced his scattered thoughts on the gesturing that he was able to pick up.

“Well, maybe the Jynx could try doing it without terrifying them? I remember what the elderly people mentioned… something about the Jynx just outright staring at the people living in the house through their windows with just a pair of floating eyes… shall we go back to the community center and tell them? I can show them the video, just in case, he added, waving his phone around before closing out the menus and pocketing it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gatecrashers [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 6:33:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Pokemon are really strange sometimes. I guess just cause they look more human doesn't mean they know more about humans?" Camryn tilted her head in thought before shrugging. She wasn't really a deep thinker. But, she was happy this had all resolved itself in the end. "Hey, maybe if we get the elders to come out now, everyone can get their presents and they won't have to worry about it anymore!"

Camryn nodded to Harlequin as the female Mr. Mime made her way back over to help where the rest of her family was at. Camryn could come back and collect them in a bit; they seemed to be having fun and she trusted her pokemon to stay out of any trouble.

For now, Camryn gently grabbed for Alex's hand so she could tug him back to the town hall- which would be a comical sight in itself, given how short stature compared to his giant one. "They'll be excited to see that video! I wonder what the Jynx got for everyone?"

the mystery has been solved >:u