Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 3:55:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Ugh. This was terrible. So far Cyril hadn't found Orion and it was dreadfully hot. The crowd of bodies was horrible and a few of these people looked unwashed. What was wrong with this region?

Thankfully that attendant had only given him two tickets earlier for these battles. He only had three pokemon, not counting his Rotom who lived exclusively in his phone, and two of them had gotten trounced quite soundly.

"Hello?" He called out as he stepped onto the little field he had been assigned, glancing around. His Kalosian accent was thick and haughty. "I'm here to battle." Really, any of these people could be it. Maybe he would be lucky and they wouldn't show.

lopunny - male - cute charm - mirror coat, magic coat, headbutt, double kick, agility, entrainment
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 16:52:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

Kalosian Spice meets Kantonian hospitality

One of the many people around stepped forth; young man wearing a uniform of sorts, tipping his cap at the Kalosian man.

"'Ey there. I'll be yer opponent for the day, seems!" Doug said. If the man's accent was haughty, the youth's was cheery and unrestrained.

A net ball slipping into his palm before being thrown into the field. A massive dragonfly popped right out of the ball, fleeting about at high speed before coming to a stop just over its trainer's shoulder, the youth reaching up to pet its head before grinning at the other man. "Ready when ya are!"

If there was one thing Doug could say about the fella, is that he was pretty hot. He had seen some pretty man in his day, but this guy took the cake and ate it.

... Just appreciating the sight, of course.

TAG: @cyril

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 8:40:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cyril looked up and down. The guy looked young but...

He could be exactly what Cyril was looking for based on the uniform.

His own Luxury ball was tossed out, his Lopunny glancing around quickly. The rabbit pokemon seemed a bit confused when he spotted the Yanmega, more used to taking down humans and quelling crowds than actual pokemon battling. He was a bodyguard more than a proper partner.

So, he simply did the first thing he always did when released, adapting quickly to the new situation- a clap of the hands, shake of the hips, and glowing set of eyes as he used Entrainment. It would make the Yanmega's ability the same as his if it worked.

Idly, Cyril chewed on his words a moment, a small snarl on his face that softened into something darker.

"You're... like, with the League, right? Are you an officer?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 18:20:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

The Yanmega suddenly felt rather pretty, though it couldn't quite tell why.

"Don't get too distracted." Doug said simply as he folded his arms behind his back, prompting the Yanmega snap its gaze back onto its opponent.

It realized it felt- sluggish. For itself, that is. Suspecting some foul play, the bug type rose in the air, hopefully out of its opponent's immediate reach, and began to bat its wings rapidly, the air filling with a thrumming sound that swiftly became too high pitched for the humans present to perceive- snapping at the Loppuny's hearing.

For his part, Doug turned his attention towards the other trainer, one of his hands unfodling from behind his back to reach up and tip his hat at the man.

"Yup. I'm Cpt. Sullivan, Gym Leader of Mauville. Pleasure."

-Yanmega used Supersonic.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 23:27:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Lopunny's sensitive ears picked up on the attack right away but could do little against it. Raising up his paws in a poor attempt to cover them, he cried out when it reached it's peak. The sound rung between his ears even after the Yanmega had stopped, confusing his greatly and making his vision spin. He kicked out, fell short, and ended up just scuffing one of his hind-paws roughly on the ground.

Cyril watched idly, more focused on himself. Despite asking the original question he didn't continue the conversation right away, mulling over questions and options in his mind first.

Asking for help almost physically pained him.

But what else could he do in this situation?

"Do you know ?" Since Doug was a Gym Leader, maybe that meant they had met in passing. Cyril didn't know much about the politics. "He's my boyfriend." Much like his earlier battle with , the word tasted off. "Have you seen him? He's not... been home in a while."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 1:14:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

The young man's smile schooled into a sharp expression as the man across from him mentioned the missing councilman . Only for a moment, the man's clarification not quite making him smile, but releasing some of his obvious tension.

"I am not personally acquainted with Councilman Lykos, I'm afraid." The young man admitted as he folded his arms behind his back, hiding the way he squeezed at his wrist uncomfortably.

How did you tell a man the government as a whole was uncertain as to where his lover was?

"Councilman Lykos has been... absent from his station for some time now." He said after a moment, measuring his words carefully before sighing and shaking his head. "Apologies. To be perfectly honest, he's missing."

His Yanmega's eyes shone a cyan blue as the earth shook under it, soil upending and tearing off the floors as several rocks rose in the air, before sailing towards the unfortunate Lopunny.

-Yanmega used Ancient Power.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 1:29:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I reported him missing." At least, Cyril did at one point. He didn't know if the government realized it before he did. "We had a date set up. I showed up but he never did."

There was a pause, a bit over vulnerability showing through, hand raised to his face before the mask fell back and his expression was schooled.

"At first I just thought he was mad at me... I'm not always a good boyfriend."

But he had been trying.

"A few days later I went to his apartment with flowers and his pokemon were hungry and confused. That wasn't like him, so..."

Something like guilt roiled in his stomach. If Cyril had realized sooner, been more attentive, would this have happened? Would the trail be fresher?

His Lopunny couldn't dodge the attack. Another bad roll on the confusion. He tried to leap at the Yanmega, missed, crashed to the side, scuffed up and panting.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 1:44:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

This was the first time Doug heard about the councilman's lover reporting anything, but then, it wasn't his case, and his knowledge was more hearsay than fact.

"I understand, sir. Have you received any news from League officials recently? Any investigations being run through the Councilman's apartment and belongings?" He asked, crossing his arms and cupping his chin, brow furrowing.

Yanmega felt a little bad about how everything was going, specially given the rather off-handed approach to the battle the trainers were taking, but none the less zoomed in closer to its opponent before it began to rapidly bat its wings, generating a sharp, buzzing sound that quickly became a booming noise, blasting at the bunny.

-Yanmega used Bug Buzz.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 2:18:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Lopunny let out a little 'fweeeeee' of frustration and lashed out at the Yanmega. However, before he could do too much, Cyril went ahead and called him back. He clicked that had 'won' in his little app and waited for the other to confirm. He wasn't feeling up for battles anyway.

"I've not been told anything. They did do a sweep through of his place once but never found anything incriminating, from what I understand. They also questioned me but I don't know that much. We were texting like we normally would the night before, agreed to meet up, and then he just... never showed up. I don't have much more than that."

Which was frustrating. It was like Orion had just vanished off the face of the earth in the span of a few hours.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 2:46:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

The fight had come and gone without any real victor, but the win went to Doug all the same, his brow furrowing as he returned his Yanmega to its pokeball and approached the man.

No, he wasn't upset about the battle or anything- but the information given to him by Cyril was nothing short of alarming.

This wasn't some nameless rando disappearing. This was Councilman himself. Not regular civilian, but one of the highest political powers in Hoenn.

"I see." Doug muttered for a moment, cupping his chin as his brow furrowed further... before he grasped the tip and back of his cap and adjusted it, setting his face determinedly.

"Let me make a few calls, sir."

Several calls later and one trip outside of the battle tent, the youth was fiddling with his phone while leaning against a metal railing, a nice, strong breeze blowing by as he finished typing something up, before nodding.

"Alright..." The youth muttered as he finished sending off one last text, before turning to Cyril.

"Mr. Cyril Alarie, right?" He said, holding out his hand towards the man. "Let's start over from the top; My name's Captain Douglas Sullivan; I'll be assisting you with Councilman Orion's disappearance."

The youth produced thumbed through his smart phone's screen for a moment, before opening up a note taking app, looking at the man.

"My team's on its way to Councilman Orion's state. While they are on that- could we start from the top?" He said seriously. "Tell me everything you know."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 3:31:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was kind of disorienting. No one had really seemed to take him very seriously till now.

"I think not enough alarms were raised because of my... reputation." If were to do a search of his name, Cyril was quite famous not just for how nice his ass looked in jeans. He tended to be involved in a lot of scandals back in Kalos. Those scandals getting too serious was why he came to Hoenn to start with.

"I've been talking to Orion for a few months. It's been very... nice." Feelings weren't fun for him to talk about even with someone he was more emotionally vulnerable with. With Doug it was like pulling teeth. "Here's my texts from the last night I talked to him." He offered his unlocked phone, Orion's messages pulled up. It was fairly standard stuff, plans made for an afternoon coffee date. 'Don't go up too far." The guy didn't need to see a candid picture of his nudes.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 14:18:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

"That's irresponsible all the same." The youth huffed, looking miffed on the man's behalf.

Doug didn't know anything about the man's rep, but he would take his word for it and take it up as a complaint to the League later. Dismissing something as serious as a Councilman being missing was nothing short of incompetence, even if the source was considered dubious.

It was a bit weird hearing emotional details on the man's relationship with Councilman Lykos, but Doug tried to not let it show much as he grasped the phone, nodding at the instructions to not go too far up.

"Oh...? Oh! I understand!" The youth said, nodding. Clearly the man valued his privacy and relationship; he could understand that.

The heck was even a selfie anyway.

Doug scratched at his chin, staring at the chat log for a moment and absorbing the info before immediately flicking open his own phone once again.

Back to the calls.

"You got the squad? Good, I'm sending you the location of their meeting. Keep it subtle."

"Did you get in contact with...? Good. I'm sending you Councilman Lykos' private phone number."

"Good work so far. Continue gathering evidence. Yes, have the Arcanine Odor Sleuth every inch of the man's house; the more they grasp his scent, the better."

After a several whiles on the phone, the youth pocketed his device, before handing it over to Cyril. The youth cupped his chin, before glancing over at Cyril.

"Do you know what the Councilman was doing before your meeting time?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:11:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Rotom that lived in Cyril's phone blinked up at before the man took it back.

He chewed his lip, a nasty habit his mother would have slapped him for, as he thought over the details.

"We were meeting for lunch. I think he was at the office before."

It was hazy with time, the bad thing about witness things such as this.

"He was going to take a half day so after lunch we could go out together."

A pause for some consideration.

"Some of his pokemon are loose in his home. Pets. They've been antsy." Missing their trainer. Didn't want whoever Doug had called to get a nasty bite because they were unaware.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:38:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Cyril

"So he was coming directly from the office to the meeting place..." He said, quickly texting that into his phone. "Lunch in the afternoon..."

He sent the message.

"He's a well loved public figure; if we ask around we're sure to find someone who saw him that day..." And the number of routes that could be taken from the governmental offices to the cafe were limited- bring in enough Arcanines and Stoutlands and there was a chance they could find some fading matches of his scent to compare with those at his home.

"A half day... I'll have someone check in at the office. He should've notified his secretaries and the HR Department if so." The youth to the man's next words, typing up quickly yet another command, before pausing at the next reminder. He smiled.

"Thank you- I'm really glad I sent to his home whom I did now." He said; the good Sergeant Cromwell was well suited to put little pets at ease.

The youth tapped at his phone a moment later, brows furrowing slightly... Before he pulled out a pokeball and brought out Caesar the Stoutland into the fray, turning his gaze to Cyril.

"Let's go ahead and check out the offices ourselves. My men should be there shortly, but I would like to speak directly to his secretaries."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 5:18:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I'm not sure they'll let me inside." He was worried about his boyfriend but he didn't really have clearance to be there. "But I can at least show you the way." It didn't help that the secretaries and staff there didn't much like him, either. It turns out that when you did grand displays of affection too much, people kind of got sick of you. Especially when you did them to stay out of the doghouse since Cyril was, honestly, a shit boyfriend.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">