thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 10:58:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]thirty minutes pass before he hears footsteps approaching. he peers up, extinguishes a cigarette against the brick wall behind him, then pushes off to meet her in the middle.

"what took you so long?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 21:28:36 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank's leg stings, but not as bad as it had before the battery of disinfectant and stiff bandages were applied. Not enough that she limps as she enters the alleyway to meet Theo. Not enough that she limps especially notably, at least.

"They wanted t' make sure their champ walked outta there feelin' her best," Plank shoots back thoughtlessly. The only thing betraying her anxiety in sharing a space with this man again are her twitching hands -- which she's intentionally hidden in the deep pockets of her basketball shorts.

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 15:27:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"who?"

oh. the champ. realization hits him a little too late and he feigns indifference as a result. he shrugs his shoulder, moving on.

"were you only there to blow off steam?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 19:02:00 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"My bad, I'll try t' keep things simple for ya," Plank says as Theo shrugs.

She clicks her tongue at Theo's question.

"Don't see what that has t' do with you one way or the other."

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 19:32:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he clicks his tongue in return, mirroring.

"i'm simply curious, vela."

he looks past her for a moment.

"i've been here a few times and no one's impressed me apart from one."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 20:19:57 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]There's no rise from Theo. He doesn't play into Plank's provocation, and that disappoints her. Why? She knows what he could do if he were upset but . . . there's something about his smooth demeanor that irritates her more than his anger might scare her.

"Yeah? Well I'm not here t' sate anyone's curiosity," she shoots back.

"I'm also not here t' listen t' your stories about the battle hut. If ya wanna say somethin' t' me, fuckin' say it."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 20:32:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"okay."

he shrugs again, this time causing a brief pang of pain to pulse from his shoulder. he tenses, reaching a hand up to nurse at recent wounds, courtesy of the battle tent.

"what do you want from rocket?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 21:06:07 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"I want t' get paid with as little hassle as possible," Plank replies simply. Her tone is matter-of-fact and the words come quick, like no other answer even occurs to her.

"I want t' get what I need when I need it, 'n' for no assholes t' try 'n' fuck with me while I do it."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 8:01:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"hm."

vela's not a hard read in the slightest. she wears her heart on her sleeve, she refuses to cower even when all the odds are against her. he's seen her grit, her fight, and her determination to survive.

so the next question is only natural.

"you interested in becoming a beast?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 0:01:56 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank perks up at Theo's question. The word, that title, "Beast". It's the second time someone's floated it her way. The similarities between how Gavin and Theo think seem to run deep.

"Yeah," she answers, "ya could say that."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 13:52:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"okay."

he doesn't have to ask the next question but he still does, offering her that, at the very least.

"would you like my help?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:02:33 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]The kneejerk response, deep in her gut, is to tell Theo no. Hell no. I'd rather slurp bleach water than accept any help from you. But . . . something else pushes her to accept.

This man hurt her, but he's experienced. At strengthening people, at raising Rockets. For all she hates both of them now she knows Gavin and Theo are both accomplished members of the organization. Both significant threats in their own rights, enough so that others won't cross them lightly. God she wants that.

"Fine," she replies after seconds that pass like an eternity, "but try beatin' me again 'n' I'll rip your fuckin' throat out."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:12:34 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"that's the spirit."

though his lips threaten to curl into something close to a smirk, nothing shows except cold indifference. he wears it well, too natural at this point, and he takes a step towards vela.

"we'll start with combat training. you look...frail."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
path
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:19:17 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Her lips twist into a sneer.

"Well look again," Plank says bluntly, flexing a bicep to reveal a not insignificant amount of muscle, "I've been movin' crates, swabbin' decks, and all other kinds of labor for as long as I could walk."

She also works out whenever she's stressed. Or angry. Or can't sleep. It adds up, but she's definitely not going to say any of that in front of Theo of all people.

"But I'll admit I don't know much about fightin' one way or another. Pop taught me some knife stuff, but only the basics. Stab 'em where it hurts is about as far as we got."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
path
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:47:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's not a bad amount of muscle. he feigns surprise, wonder, and chuckles at the end of it.

"guess i was wrong."

stab 'em where it hurts seems about right. he nods, agreeing.

"a knife's good but you'll need to learn how to fight without one. have you met wrynn? small and equally shit at fighting. you'll train with him."

[attr="class","noodles"]