Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 23:57:33 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar
The shriek of a Charizard drew eyes from the ground, the fiery lizard screaming upward like a red bullet. Upon its back was a woman who's hair gleamed silver or blue depending on the lighting. She ignored the other raging battles and bade Muspel forward, the Charizard as cheery as ever as she whirled in midair, looking more like she was seeking a playmate rather than a battle.

Kaida herself made the highly visible flight for one reason and one reason only. She had spotted a very welcome face and friend (perhaps one of her first, though she'd never say it out loud) but most of all, the Head Ranger. What could be better practice that than this?

Whether he was already in the skies or not, Muspel hovered near him and bellowed, a small glimpse of Kaida over the beast's shoulders. Even against a Head Ranger, she looked supremely confident. Muspel was one of her best packmates in battle, and had even accompanied her into life-and-death scenarios...she expected to win.

Muspel Thunder Punch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Fire Spin, Flare Blitz, Air Slash.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 3:21:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was like seeing someone from the dead—

Wait, that already happened before! So this was the—second coming? Or something like that!

He was on the ground, though, eating something that looked like a snow cone as he looked up to the familiar shrieking of a Charizard. For a split-second he thought it was someone else he hadn’t spoken to in a while, however—

There was something familiar about her—he didn’t realize it was a very familiar someone until the hovering dual-type got closer.

“Nice hair,” he called out to Kaida, waiving with his free hand as he continued to bite into the blueberry-flavored snow cone he was holding.

“Up for a fight?” he added a few moments later.

He had just the Pokémon, however he wasn’t sure if it would technically qualify—even if his Gym Leader friend had already said that it could fly, he was still rather iffy about it.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 22:03:30 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar
Muspel hovered just close enough to the ground for Kaida to swing off, lingering momentarily before wobbling over. "It was good for heat." She explained about her hair, "Can't faint because I got hot." And, just as she hoped, Lars was equally ready for a battle. She called upwards, knowing Muspel heard her, "Stay up there, Muspel! Practice biting hard from up there!" While the Charizard had fared well in the Three Day War, she still feared she was not as agile as she could be. Therefore this battle was good practice.

Looking upwards, Kaida nodded, "You go first. She needs to learn." following up from that, she looked to Lars, "Are you having fun, you look like it." Eating a snow cone...she should get one after this...maybe during this?

Giving first move to Lars!

Muspel Thunder Punch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Fire Spin, Flare Blitz, Air Slash.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 3:47:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars laughed at the snark that Kaida threw his way.

“Short hair suits you better, you know,” he said as he took another bite out of the snow cone he was eating. Turning to his Garchomp, who was sunning itself, he then pointed skyward.

“Get up there and get started,” he said, as the Land Shark Pokémon cackled before boosting himself off the sand with glee, cackling like a maniac before summoning up a Sandstorm.

To which Lars slapped a free palm to his face.

“Really?!” he exclaimed as he looked upward, before turning back to Kaida.

“Sorry. He’s just really excited to be out and about. You want a snow cone?”

Garchomp used Sandstorm!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 21:09:08 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"It's an easy hairstyle." She spoke like it was a bad thing, clawing at her hair like she expected at any moment it would be uncontrollable...and promptly got reason as a sandstorm was whipped up, forcing her to shield her face as the Garchomp roared upwards.

And she laughed, a harsh bark of a laugh that carried no ill will to the land shark, "He wants to win." She called the moment the Garchomp rose enough to get the sandstorm out of their immediate vicinity, "He's a good dragon." She watched momentarily, watching as Muspel rose higher, trying to guide the Garchomp out of what she assumed was its element, the ground. A blue tinge entered her scales as she tossed her body back and forth in Dragon Dance.

"Yes. I've forgotten how hungry I am." The excitement of the day didn't exactly leave room for a leisurely meal.

Charizard uses Dragon Dance!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:20:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Are you particular to any flavor? There’s a stand not too far back over there where I got this,” he said as he waved the snow cone and took another big bite out of it.

The Garchomp cackled at the Charizard, watching it complete its mystical Dragon Dance, before he tucked his arms in and rushed forward, rearing back as he opened his maw to take a Crunch attack out of the Charizard by surprise!

“It’s easy to forget you’re hungry when there’s so much going on,” he agreed as he fished out his wallet and pulled out several bills. His snow cone was gone and he was going for another one.

Shit, had it really gotten that hot already?

Garchomp used Crunch!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 20:34:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Up in the skies, Kaida saw the battle rage on in the corner of her eyes. Muspel howled as the Crunch landed, and retaliated with a flurry of claw slashes, Dragon Rush, to try and pull free. Usually, Muspel would try to pull the battle to the ground, Kaida knew, but lingered in the skies, trying to avoid too much close contact, lest her wings be harmed.

On the topic of the snow cones, Kaida pondered what flavor the deep blue even was, then mumbled a quiet, "Uh...blue." That told enough, didn't it? "It's been fun...good to fight people with no danger, my family likes it." Pokemon were competitive creatures, this likely couldn't be a more exciting event.

Charizard uses Dragon Rush!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 6:22:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Nice, the blue ones are my favorite,” he said as he turned to the snow cone stand owner. “Two Blue Hawaiian cones,” before handing the bills over.

Back in the skies, the Garchomp yowled out of surprise as the Dragon Rush shoved him backward as he tanked the attack—but he was still in the running. He was still in the running!

A sudden eruption of stones from below would attempt to catch the Charizard by surprise, the Garchomp having used Stone Edge in an attempt to knock the dual-type backward.

Down on the ground…

“Some of them—my companions—have also been begging for the excuse to go crazy and fight, no holds barred. So yeah, we do have the same sentiment,” he replied before receiving the two blue snow cones and passing one to her.

Garchomp used Stone Edge!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 15:56:32 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kida frowned at the snow cone name, not at all getting how it related in any way to the blue coloration, but kept her mouth shut. Surely it made sense in a way she just didn't know. "Yes, my family can fight each other, but fighting their allies seems like something they wanted to do for a long time." Pokemon were naturally competitive, maybe they saw it as a way to improve? "It at least doesn't cause much damage, unlike a war."

As if on cue, the Stone Edge made impact and the Charizard fell...right onto a stand nearby, splinters of wood and food exploding outwards from the impact, oh dear. Yet Muspel wasn't out of the running yet and, a Charizard at heart, wouldn't allow herself to be defeated until she was well and truly take down, and leapt into the air, flinging wild Air Slashes at her opponent.

Kaida mumbled the only word that came to mind, "...I'm sorry." She almost felt like she caused such a fall.

Charizard uses Air Slash! Is very weak!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 18:30:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The loud crashing noise made him look up from him attacking the snow cone and he cringed for a few moments before realizing…

“Nah, don’t worry about the stand—that’s covered.”

He’d almost forgotten the one advantage he had as a member of the Initiative—but he wasn’t sure if it was going to apply to the tournament and all. It was… weird, to be honest.

The Charizard didn’t want to give up, though—which was a good thing!

The Garchomp, still flying within the Sandstorm, rubbed his claws together before chasing after the Charizard and unleashing a last-second Dragon Claw once he’d evaded most of the Air Slash attacks, meeting the other as it leapt into the air for a valiant last stand.

“…hilariously I haven’t given that Garchomp a name yet. But I already know what it’ll be.”

Garchomp used Dragon Claw!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 20:08:36 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Its covered. "Really? I don't remember the Rangers covering...anything." She still remembered needing to prioritize her surroundings during her jobs, even when it wasn't nature.

Muspel tried, all things considered. She charged straight for the Garchomp, flickers of flame dropping from her scales, and simply failed to pick up speed for a proper counter. The Dragon Claw struck true, and destroyed any and all strength she had to fly, one wing lazily drifting as she circled in a plummet, only barely pulling up to avoid smashing into the ground. "Are you fine, Muspel?" Kaida asked carefully, jogging over to the Charizard. An answering rumble spoke to the general feeling of the Charizard. She was injured and defeated, but there was no serious injury, not truly. Kaida returned the dracion creature, turning to Lars.

"Hm? And may I ask his name? I have to thank him for the battle." As always, the Pokemon were included.

Charizard faints!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 20:17:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oops.

Maybe he’d have to explain things a little better—but now wasn’t the opportune time to do it, considering there were a lot of people milling around and there were bound to be ears everywhere.

“I’ll tell you later, just not here. Too many people listening in,” he said as the Garchomp cackled from the skies before coming down for a landing and approaching them before he gave it a pat on the snout.

“You did great out there, Urien,” he said, and the Garchomp looked around in confusion before tilting his head in Lars’s direction once more.

“Yeah, that’s you. Your name. You’re Urien,” he continued, still patting the Garchomp’s snout until it dawned on the other draconid Pokémon what had happened just now.

Garchomp gets his name!

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 23:16:12 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"...Ok. I understand." She did not understand, but alas. She'd been in plenty of situations she felt like it would be worrying to talk about around civilians. It did feel strange that a simple thing such as covering damages was apparently secret...

Whatever the case, the draconic partner in battle was now named. Urien, a fine name. Following Lars' lead, she approached the Garchomp, showing a rare smile, "Thank you for the battle, Uriel, me and Muspel hope to fight you again." Maybe next time she'd be riding on the Charizard's back. if allowed, she'd pat the dragon's snout as well, pondering the fact that she actually hadn't seen this hulk of a dragon-type yet.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 18:12:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Now that the formalities were done—

“What have you been up to lately? Haven’t seen you around much,” he inquired quietly as he finished off the snow cone he held. Damn it was so fucking hot. At the same time he recalled the Garchomp so that he could get some rest.

The sweltering heat was more than enough to make him really batty.

“I hate this heat the most…” he added as he shoved his bangs out of his line of vision. “Makes showers all but useless. I can’t wait for the cooler fall weather…”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Lars vs Kaida |H✩T|
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 3:33:43 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"My family's been growing." Kaida said as a sort of answer, thinking a moment before continuing, "I just haven't been visiting...our jobs and all. I should have visited." She let the line die before she brought up the odd dream and nightmares she'd been having, it seemed too strange to say you haven't been visiting often because you were uneased from a dream right? "I hope nothing bad have happened to you?" A strange way to ask if someone was ok, but the concern was evident.

Finally, a more normal conversation she didn't need to focus on. "Agreed...if I wanted to be warm, I would sit with Muspel." She could say the same about the cold, but not at the moment. Too warm. "We should leave the sun." For as much good as it do, at least she met a friend today.