awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 1:28:49 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
her next fight was rather unconventional. but Siobhan had fun with the volleyball-like style against Zac. she would sign up for a Sack Race against . she had met him once before, during the falsified sanctuary job. he seemed to be a very... suspicious young man. oh well.

"hello, Vic" she greets him warmly enough when he comes into sight. with her were the Pokemon that were a bit heavier compared to some of her usual ghosts and fairies. Selkie the Primarina was one. Dybbuk the Spiritomb another.

finally was Runestone the Runerigus. they all had awkwardly fitting sacks on their lower bodies. they took position at the starting line with Vic's Pokémon. 

ooc; triple battle sack race!
50+ roll gets a hit
-50 roll gets a miss
roll three times per reply
adding total hits determines winner!
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 8:53:38 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Vic was well aware that most of the tournament at Slateport beach consisted of actual pokémon battles. Everywhere around them there were people having their pokémon fight until only one was left standing, and honestly, it would have been a lie to say the ranger didn’t feel an itch to battle just by thinking about it. That’s why he couldn’t do it. What if it awakened those old goals he had thought were long gone? What if he fell into the same old habits and the same obsession with gym badges and the elite four? He didn’t like the kind of person he became when it came to battles, no matter how much he loved them or how fun he found them.
[break][break]
This, on the other hand, was fun and harmless.
[break][break]
”Hey Siobhan!” He smiles brightly, bringing himself not to think about all the events that took place the last time he saw the woman before him. Three pokéballs were retrieved from his pocket, calling out the pokémon that would participate in the Sack Race for him: a Dragonite, a Hydreigon, and a Bagon. Also quite the combination. ”Remember, guys, no flying! That goes for you and you, Pez and Skor,” he would tell them as he helped them into the sacks, half of them not looking too pleased about it.
[break][break]
”Okay! Let’s get things started, shall we?” A grin, and when the signal was given for the race to begin, the attacks came almost immediately.
[break][break]
Ever aggressive and competitive Pez tried a Thunder Punch on the nearest ghost, while the Hydreigon propelled herself forward while attacking with a Dragon Rush, and even the Bagon joined in with a Zen Headbutt.
[break][break]
Oh man, this was going to be chaos.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | You decide who gets hit! From left to right for rolls...
[break]Dragonite uses THUNDER PUNCH
[break]Hydreigon uses DRAGON RUSH
[break]Bagon uses ZEN HEADBUTT
[break]✔ Endeavor: Participate in a triple battle

Zb7kw8wK

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
we plot in the shadows & hang out in gallows
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 18:07:56 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
and they were off.

Runestone had some difficulty hopping along, but the groundly ghost tried it's best. he would try to shoot a Shadow Claw at the Bagon, who attacked him with Zen Headbutt. a dull cry of alarm caused the Pokemon to stall briefly. this would make him Flinch

Selkie would shoot Moonblast at the Dragonite, while Dybbuk would use Confuse Ray at the Hydreigon to try and slow it down. all of them were slower than Vic's Pokemon, so they had to use an advantage here.

runerigus uses shadow claw
primarina uses moonblast
spiritomb uses confuse ray
7v_YUaDv
··
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 1:59:09 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The poor little Bagon took the Shadow Claw head on, the power of the move dragging her back in the sand even if she withstood it with the grit of a pokémon much larger than what she was.
[break][break]
Larger pokémon such as the Dragonite, for example, who was stopped in his tracks by a super effective Moonblast, Pez finding himself gritting his teeth and glaring at the Primarina as he gathered the strength to power through the pain and take a step forward. A red aura surrounded him, and Vic sighed in turn, because a second later the Dragonite was going on a rampage, OUTRAGE being directed at the Spiritomb simply because it was the nearest enemy in sight.
[break][break]
The Bagon, motivated by Pez’ anger and determination, tried for revenge, aiming a FLAMETHROWER at the Runeringus.
[break][break]
Meanwhile, unbothered by the chaos around her, the Hydreigon dashed forward with another DRAGON RUSH.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ |
[break]Dragonite: OUTRAGE @ Spiritomb (Lasts 2 more posts)
[break]Hydreigon: DRAGON RUSH
[break]Bagon: FLAMETHROWER @ Runeringus

8NJZPG7M

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 19:26:23 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
clapping her flippers together when she hit the Dragonite, Selkie would then shoot a Hydro Pump at the Dragonite. she felt it was a good, big target to keep offending. Runestone would use Slam, jumping into the air and hoping his 'jump' would put some distance between him and the starting line.

if another Pokémon got in the way, they'd be flattened somewhat or even felt the waves from impact. Dybbuk was quick to retaliate on the Runerigus' behalf, hit by Flamethrower but not bothered much due to its Ground-typing. ghosts stuck together! the Spiritomb shot a Shadow Ball at Bagon.

runerigus uses slam
primarina uses hydro pump
spiritomb uses shadow ball
LbQt25Np

··
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 13:40:13 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Surrounded by the red aura of OUTRAGE, there’s no way that the Dragonite could have been more offended than what he already was. He roared as he was hit by the Hydro Pump, but if he hadn’t let a legendary take him down, he sure as hell wasn’t going to allow it from a silly seal-thing. Once again, he charged to the Spiritomb, outrage empowering him.
[break][break]
Metres away, the Hydreigon found herself caught in the Runeringus’ Slam, and she wasn’t very happy about that. Her three heads shook, then setting her gaze on the Grudge Pokémon before jumping forward, aiming to bite down on him with a CRUNCH.
[break][break]
That left the little Bagon, who took the full force of the Shadow Ball. She stumbled, almost falling out of her sack, but she managed to stay on her feet, taking a few seconds to shake off the shock of the attack before retaliating by tackling the nearest enemy in sight. DOUBLE-EDGE was used to attack the Primarina.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ |
[break]Dragonite: OUTRAGE @ Spiritomb (1 more posts)
[break]Hydreigon: CRUNCH @ Runeringus
[break]Bagon: DOUBLE-EDGE @ Primarina (Rock Head/No recoil)
[break]✔ Endeavor: Use a super effective move (Crunch on Runeringus)
wOTcLnmL

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 18:19:29 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
this time, Vic's Pokemon were effective in their moves. call it bad luck or what have you, but they stepped up now. Runerigus still Slammed along, almost unbothered by the Crunch. he moans eerily but soldiers on.

in order to protect the Spiritomb, Selkie uses Moonblast against the Outraged Dragonite. she hopes to make him pause in his assault. or at least make him go against the fairy-type, wherein his moves would be null.

but she'd cry out when the Bagon went against her. Spiritomb retaliated for his protector, giving another Shadow Ball to the Bagon. if it worked once, maybe it'd work again.

runerigus uses slam
primarina uses moonblast
C2PDOkrV
··
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 13:36:38 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Runeringus could slam along all it wanted, but what it didn’t know was that it wasn’t easy to get Skor to let go once she decided to bite down on something. In fact, she persisted with using CRUNCH, all three of her heads clinging to the ghost and shaking as if attempting to rip off something. Honestly… sometimes even Vic thought she was a bit scary, but he still really loved her.
[break][break]
The Bagon, on the other hand, fell back, once again victim to a powerful Shadow Ball. But, she was a persistent little girl, and soon enough she was shaking it off and heading straight for the Primarina once again. This time with ZEN HEADBUTT.
[break][break]
And as for this same pokémon’s attempts to distract the OUTRAGED Dragonite with her attacks, this too didn’t work, since apparently stubbornness was the name of the game on this round, and out of all of Vic’s pokémon Pez had to be the most stubborn there was. He continued attacking the Spiritomb with as much rage as before, but the pink-haired man watching at the sidelines knew well that that couldn’t last for long. He was going to run out of steam soon, and things weren’t going to be too great the moment that happened...

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ |
[break]Dragonite: OUTRAGE @ Spiritomb
[break]Bagon: ZEN HEADBUTT @ Primarina (causes FLINCH)
[break]✔ Endeavor: Inflict Flinch
eP79HSYW

··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 17:33:18 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
two out of three was Vic's result. Siobhan watched from the starting line as it all unfolded.

the Outrage was losing power, so Selkie took the opportunity to use Moonblast again on the Dragonite. but that was after she Flinched due to the Zen Headbutt. the Runerigus groans again as the offending dragon clings to him with all three heads. Runestone twists on the spot and uses Brutal Swing to come crashing down.

meanwhile, the Spiritomb was unaffected by the Outrage. it remained relatively healthy compared to Siobhan's other Pokemon. he uses Shadow Ball again - hey it works! - on the Bagon.

runerigus uses slam
primarina uses moonblast
3dOjCzBU

··
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 5:43:35 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Proving herself to be almost as if the MVP of this race so far, the little Bagon’s Zen Headbutt against the Primarina had been quite effective.
[break][break]
Maybe persistence was truly how one won a sack race, maybe all that was needed to be done was to relentlessly and mercilessly attack the opponent until they could no longer continue or chose to give up. Maybe, the fates were just cruel, the consequences of every action as if being left up to a dice...
[break][break]
Except for one, because Pez should have known exactly what would happen the moment his rage simmered down. He stumbled, shaking his head, waves of confusion suddenly hitting him and making everything spin. He growled, trying to fight it, and of course that in his confusion he got even more upset. This time hitting the nearby Spiritomb with FIRE PUNCH.
[break][break]
Meanwhile, the Hydreidon refused to let go of the Runeringus. CRUNCH hitting it while her jaws were as if locked on the pokemon.
[break][break]
And the Bagon? Well, since she was learning that this had worked so far, she once again used ZEN HEADBUTT on the Primarina.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ |
[break]Dragonite: FIRE PUNCH @ Spiritomb (Causes BURN)
[break]Bagon: ZEN HEADBUTT @ Primarina
[break]✔ Endeavor: Sustain Confusion
KtcgUSND

··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 19:15:03 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
the end was almost in sight. it was slow going though, with all Pokemon participating nicely and effectively as could be. seeing Runerigus being hassled by the dragon, Primarina shoots a Moonblast at it, hoping to dislodge. ganging up on Vic's Pokémon, Runestone used Brutal Swing again in a last ditch effort.

Spiritomb proved to be a one-trick Ponyta. he also shoots a Shadow Ball at the Hydreidon. the Bagon and Dragonite were lost in the confusion of the sack race. their hits did nothing to the defending Pokémon, who tried to take advantage of the chaos and move ahead again. will it work? who knew.

runerigus uses brutal swing
primarina uses moonblast
B5YjBULZ

··
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 22:27:37 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The Runeringus’ swing worked exactly as intended, for it took the Hydreigon by surprise and sent her a few metres back on her path. Sadly for the Primarina, this also had the unintended effect of making Skor easily avoid the Moonblast, but at least she was no longer crunching down on anything, right? For now.
[break][break]
Quick to recover, she headed straight back for the Runeringus, this time with quick DRAGON RUSH. She was a pokémon on a mission, and that mission was to bite that annoying and weird rock, everything else around her being ignored.
[break][break]
If she hadn’t ignored it, she would have seen the little Bagon being once again hit by Shadow Ball, this time rolling back on the sand and almost falling out of his sack. The Dragonite did see it though, and he didn’t appreciate it much. He may have still been confused, but he gladly threw a left hook at the Spiritomb with a roaring THUNDER PUNCH.
[break][break]
Honestly, it was a miracle that the Bagon hadn’t fainted just yet, but she sure was in no condition to keep headbutting pokémon left and right, so instead she aimed a FLAMETHROWER at the Primarina. Not very effective, but who knows, maybe it would burn her hair and annoy her or something...

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]Dragonite: THUNDER PUNCH @ Spiritomb (Causes PARALYSIS)
[break]Hydreigon: DRAGON RUSH @ Runeringus
[break]Bagon: FLAMETHROWER @ Primarina (Causes BURN)
[break]✔ Endeavor: Use a not very effective move on an opponent
T3RiY5Z3

··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 0:18:28 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
down to the wire; no Pokemon had fainted yet but it remained to be seen.

Selkie was hit with Flamethrower, causing a faint will-o-the-wisp fire to creep around her body. she cries in pain, her eyes narrowing as she turns on the Bagon properly now. Moonblast was what she felt worked wonders on the Dragonite so far; why not a little dragon? she shoots the fairy orb at it.

Runerigus ignores the not-connecting Thunder Punch and soliders on, Slamming to put distance between himself and the others. Spiritomb is not targeted this round, so he shoots a Dark Pulse at the Bagon who had made Selkie burn. Siobhan realizes after this 'triple battle' she needed to heal her Pokemon - and fast.

runerigus uses slam
primarina uses moonblast
spiritomb uses dark pulse
LbiFrsnt
··
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 3:49:36 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

How in the world was a sack raise more intense than most of the challenges Vic had had his pokémon take part in so far?!
[break][break]
Good thing that there were healers and a pokémon center at the ready, because they sure were going to need to stop by it when this race was done. At least it was almost done… right?!... Was it almost done?!
[break][break]
”Take it easy, guys! You’re almost at the finish line!” By ‘take it easy’ he actually meant ‘don’t get pissed and lose sight of the goal here because you want to attack Siobhan’s pokémon’. But it was a little too late for that, because most of these dragons definitely wanted to attack Siobhan’s pokémon. Just look at Primarina getting burned!
[break][break]
The little Bagon didn’t really, but apparently it was how the game worked, and small as she may have been, she definitely wasn’t going to sit and do nothing about all these attacks. Another hit came from the Spiritomb, as painful as the last, and this time, it was a struggle to get back on her feet, but she still shot a FLAMETHROWER at the Ghost Type.
[break][break]
This came combined with another THUNDER PUNCH on the Dragonite’s part.
[break][break]
All this while the Hydreigon had caught up to the Runeringus with her Dragon Rush, then jumping onto him with yet another CRUNCH.
[break][break]
Stubbornness was apparently what this race was all about.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]Dragonite: THUNDER PUNCH @ Spiritomb (Causes PARALYSIS)
[break]Bagon: FLAMETHROWER @ Spiritomb (Causes BURN)
[break]✔ Endeavor: Inflict burn (react from last post)
voQrLnma

··
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[H✩T] siobhan vs vic
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 16:49:08 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
almost done. that's what she kept repeating in her head anyway. it hurt to see her Pokémon suffer like this. this was supposed to be fun, but it turned vicious quickly. the dragons all had the intent to make her own Pokémon faint. and Runestone -

he unleashed a mighty Earthquake a few feet from the finish line.

perhaps the insisting-to-chomp on his behind dragon caused him to finally snap. he was so calm the whole route but the last Crunch really got to him. he didn't care who or what was caught up in it. Selkie still Burned, and in her distress would unleashed a water-move.

she aimed at the Bagon, with the Spiritomb going in as well. a Hydro Pump slash Shadow Ball combo.

runerigus uses earthquake
primarina uses hydro pump
3OruRBri
··