Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 9:47:48 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Towards the more crowded side of the beach, where food stalls and shops stood for all to enjoy, there was a large, empty area, in the middle of it a strange device of blinking lights playing a loud tune. It was bound to call to anyone’s attention:
[break][break]
COME ONE, COME ALL, FIND OUT WHO’S THE STRONGEST OF THEM ALL
[break][break]
Vic watched for a while as people had their pokémon face off against each other, attacking the machine with their strongest moves only to be granted a score that was supposed to represent their power (but that actually usually didn’t really make much sense at all). A crowd began to gather, and some even placed bets; laughter breaking out among them when the machine mocked those who received the lowest score possible.
[break][break]
Naturally, the pinkette wanted to have his pokémon try it too!
[break][break]
He stepped forward, waiting for someone else to join the challenge...

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | WITH FITTING MUSIC
[BREAK]1 Move per pokémon, 1 pokémon per post, highest total wins
[BREAK]1 = MAN, YOU SUCK!
[BREAK]2 to 50 = git gud
[BREAK]51 to 99 = meh
[BREAK]100 = NICE!

[BREAK]First move is yours ♡

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 10:31:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The prevalence of ‘non-traditional’ battle styles for the tourney were becoming rampant.

Hell, he’d been roped into a ‘variety talk show’ once under the guise of a battle!

So now here was Lars, knocking some time off—followed by a snow cone stand he’d bought out for the day. Boy, the rumors about a certain person buying out an entire snow cone stand for the day just to follow him around were spreading.

Thankfully he’d found one of the stands he particularly liked the Blue Hawaiian variant and was munching on that snow cone flavor as he approached one of those strong-arm stands that had…

Well, that was a sight. Have one Pokémon go and test their luck? Well, that should be easy enough…

Rummaging in the pocket of his cargo shorts he pulled out a pink, scuffed Love Ball and tossed it forward, watching as his Lopunny, Isolde, somersaulted and landed in front of him.

“You want to try your luck?” he asked the bunny as he pointed at the ‘strong arm’ attraction. “Go crazy.”

Squaring her shoulders, the crowd cleared the way as the Lopunny began her wind-up—

Before sending an Ice Punch at the punching bag apparatus.

1gskTCah

say hi to your Ranger boss as well lol

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 10:57:53 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A Lopunny had appeared seemingly out of the blue, somersaulting and displaying impressive acrobatics as Lopunny usually do. She looked really heckin’ cool when throwing that Ice Punch at the machine, but the device barely moved in response, the music pausing for a moment only for a screen to display the colourful words: GIT GUD.
[break][break]
That one had to hurt.
[break][break]
”Ah, I thought she did really well though…” The pink-haired man said to himself, considering for a moment before choosing a pokéball among his own. Most of his team had gotten a chance to enjoy themselves at the tournament in different ways, so he thought it would be good to try something like this with the pokémon who hadn’t had a chance to come out and play just yet.
[break][break]
In this case, it was his Druddigon, the red and teal dragon roaring as she came out of the pokéball. ”Hey, wanna hit that thing with everything you got?” He beamed.
[break][break]
In response, the dragon set her gaze on the machine, leaning forward as she readied herself before charging to bash with IRON HEAD.
[break][break]
Honestly, between the crowd and the game, Vic was yet to notice that his boss was there, or that this was his Lopunny...
[break][break]
He did notice the snow cone stand though.
[break][break]
Priorities!

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[BREAK][BREAK]
4S3AIXku

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 11:04:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Lopunny scowled as the screen flashed derisively in her direction, before somersaulting backwards and back into the red beam of light signifying she’d been recalled.

A few moments later, a Bisharp hit the sand running.

The screen then flashed a resounding ‘meh’ at the Druddigon before the Bisharp somersaulted forward, arcing over the Dragon-type’s head and aimed a Night Slash on the apparatus just as it swung back into position.

Who knew his Pokémon could get so competitive?!

O3u3krmD

gg XD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 11:18:17 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

MEH
[break][break]
Well… That was uncalled for. Kind of rude, wasn’t it?
[break][break]
”Aw, that was a nice try! Good job, girl,” Vic praised so the pokémon wouldn’t feel down because of the machine’s reaction, and he was about to go give her some pets before calling her back to her pokéball, but something suddenly flew right over his head...
[break][break]
A Bisharp.
[break][break]
It hit it with a powerful strike, and already sensing that Candy Cane wouldn’t be too happy about that, he called the Druddigon back to her pokéball before she decided to start a fight.
[break][break]
’MEH’ the screen read one more time.
[break][break]
Seriously?! Just how hard would they need to hit it to impress this thing?!
[break][break]
Out of curiosity, he turned to look for the Bisharp’s trainer, his gaze then finding no other than one of the Head Rangers.
[break][break]
”Oh...Hey. Tough luck, huh?” He laughed lightly, bringing out a second pokéball.
[break][break]
This time, it was his Samurott, who shot a highly pressurized HYDRO PUMP at the device without need for any instruction from its trainer.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[BREAK][BREAK]
hkE8Ov7t

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 11:32:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I have never seen such a picky machine,” he grumbled as the Bisharp made its way back to where he waited—and this time he finally moved forward, enough so that the crowd could see just who was throwing these random Pokémon at the ‘strong arm’ machine from out of nowhere.

“Is this shit rigged?” he asked at random, recalling said Bisharp before sending out a Medicham, who literally wasted no time and took a High Jump Kick not too long after the Samurott had blasted it with a Hydro Pump and another ‘meh’ made its presence known.

Turning to the pink-haired man, he then pointed with his free hand.

“Want a snow cone?”

MWMmLxIo

gg XD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 12:45:28 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The Samurott stared at the machine after his attack was done and over with, as if he expected it to break or to at least do something in response to it. Hey, it had been a pretty good attack, hadn’t it?!
[break][break]
Sadly, much alike the Druddigon and Bisharp before him, all he got was a ’meh’ on the screen, the old pokémon narrowing his eyes at this before watching an eager Medicham try her luck with a High Jump Kick…
[break][break]
She also got a ’meh’ on the screen.
[break][break]
”Huh… Maybe it’s looking for a specific type of move or something?” Vic said, because of course his immediate thought wouldn’t be that this thing was rigged to make them feel as if they had failed no matter how good they did. He called back a Samurott, in his place releasing a small, squishy, Goomy.
[break][break]
”Gummy, how about you throw an attack at that thing? Anything you want!” He was kind to the little one, allowing her to take her time. After all, the Summer heat didn’t quite agree with Goomy’s constitution, and that’s why he had so far been reluctant to let her out of her pokéball to play in the sand.
[break][break]
It was then when he turned to look at the man who was technically his boss, a bright smile illuminating his expression when being offered a snow cone. ”That’d be awesome, thanks!”
[break][break]
And while Vic was distracted with talking to Lars, the Goomy jumped as if a bouncing ball, quite literally using her whole body to slam against her target despite being so very small.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Gummy uses BODY SLAM
[BREAK][BREAK]
u187yWl5

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 17:08:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This time, a ‘git gud’ flashed on the screen, and he looked over at the Goomy in alarm.

“Uh-oh,” was all he had time to say, pointing to the Goomy just in case it saw the two ominous words flashing above its head.

Turning back to the pink-haired young man, he asked next, “What flavor do you want?” while keeping track of his Medicham, who’d since recovered and returned to where he stood before being recalled.

“This machine is stupid, I swear if it’s rigged on purpose…” he grumbled as he gestured to the snow cone stand. “Pick a flavor, any flavor. I… kinda bought out the entire stand for today. It’s just so damned hot…” he added a few moments later.

He then threw out another Pokémon forward and was not surprised to see his Archeops, who flapped around before looking around, very confused.

“Go attack that thing! Hit it as hard as you can!” he encouraged, before the Archeops achieved lift-off and charged forward with a Dragon Claw attack.

jr||XR91

gg XD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 10:41:18 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Needless to say, the little Goomy was disappointed. As she stared at the screen, she flopped down to the ground, falling almost completely flat like the slimy blob she was. But, thankfully, Vic was ready to come to the rescue, beaming at the tiny lilac dragon. ”Gummy! You did so good!”
[break][break]
It helped, and she was doing much better by the time she returned to her pokéball, the man then turning his attention to the Archeops that tried to attack the machine with an all too recognizable Dragon Claw. In return, this pokémon also only got a ’git gud’.
[break][break]
”This is so weird… You’d think that would have been worth at least a little more than that. Oh… Do you have Pinap Berry flavour?”
[break][break]
He called out a pokémon of his own, this time a small but confident-looking Larvitar that jumped out of his pokémon. ”Hit that thing!”
[break][break]
Maybe a different type of attack would do the trick? The Larvitar was quick to action, putting his little paws on the ground and causing a few rocks to rise, these then dashing towards the machine at top speed.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[BREAK][BREAK]
REn_QUgb

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 18:21:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Kay’s usually demotivated… never have I seen an Archeops attack anything with so much gusto,” he said as he recalled the fossil Pokémon the moment the screen lit up.

He didn’t want the normally demotivated Archeops to be even more demotivated than usual…

“They got all sorts of flavors! I recommend the Fuzzy Navel. It’s surprisingly tasty. Some kind of orange and peach hybrid mix,” he said as he gestured to the stand not too far behind him.

Once he was done rummaging around, he plucked a Safari Ball at random and threw it out—and was not expecting to see a literal block of ice hit the sand, displacing the area for a few moments.

“Hit it as hard as you can,” he said, waving his hand in the Avalugg’s direction, who then inhaled before exhaling a wide-spreading Blizzard attack—not realizing that the other Ranger’s Larvitar was still in the area!

NLNj2jCm

gg XD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 23:17:33 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! Well, if they’re having fun that’s what matters, right?” Vic grinned when Lars called back the Archeops, and to him, that was indeed the moral of all this – even if admittedly he was starting to feel a bit bad about this machine constantly telling his pokémon they weren’t doing a good job even when they landed powerful hits.
[break][break]
”Oh… Sure, I’ll give that a try.” Distracted by the thought of snow cones, he watched his Larvitar use a Rock Slide on the machine, and of course, even though the pokémon did pretty well, the screen still displayed the familiar ’meh.’ He was about to say something to cheer the Larvitar up, but then the Avalugg came, and it came with a Blizzard.
[break][break]
”Wait… wait! You’ll–” Too little, too late. Before anyone could do anything about it, the Rock and Ground type was frozen in place, Vic left staring at the ice statue that was once his pokémon, too shocked to even bother checking out how the Avalugg did. ”Arceus… Aw, I’m sorry, buddy.” He felt terrible, and with a sigh, he called it back to its pokéball so they could deal with the freeze later.
[break][break]
Then, he released a Sylveon. Pointing at the machine. “It’s all you. Give it all you got!”
[break][break]
That was all it took, the pokémon attacking its target with a MOONBLAST in response.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]✔ Endeavor: Sustain freeze
[BREAK][BREAK]
Ok7WslVM

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 20:45:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Even if the Avalugg had practically thrown a Blizzard at the machine, it had spat out the words ‘git gud’ and that was more than enough to piss it off—

Until the pinkette had suddenly moved forward and picked up a… oh, crap.

“Oh, shit, I’m so sorry!” he exclaimed as he quickly recalled the Avalugg and threw out another Pokéball at random, watching as this time his Luxray, Alymere, landed on the sand.

“Damn it, I should’ve been paying more attention… sorry about that!” he added a few moments later before letting the Luxray do whatever it wanted—

And it practically threw a Discharge of energy at the machine, not even bothering to check what the hell would come out once the Electric-type attack struck it!

Ie_qNBiZ

gg XD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:49:07 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Don’t worry about it, it’s fine. Those things happen.” He smiled even though he felt a little bad, but what else was he supposed to do? It wasn’t like he could tell his boss, who also happened to be besties with one certain powerful ice bird, that it was kind of fucked up that his Avalugg had frozen poor little Larvitar.
[break][break]
Sprinkles, as the Sylveon was called, watched the screen display a ‘meh’ and in return she smacked it a few times with her feelers as if trying to make the answer change. It didn’t, and Vic ended up calling her back to her pokéball, worrying she would Moonblast that as well.
[break][break]
Lars had released a Luxray, which also got a ’meh.’
[break][break]
So, this time, Vic brought out his Dragapult, who yawned upon coming out of his pokéball and looked at him tiredly, as if expecting orders. ”The machine. Darts it.” The pink-haired man smirked. The Dragapult nodded, and so did the freeloading Dreepy he always carried with him.
[break][break]
Freeloading Dreepy who were more than happy to be shot towards the machine at top speed, exploding upon impact.
[break][break]
But don’t worry, they were fine, it’s the ghost pokémon advantages.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[BREAK][BREAK]
PQlvpXsL

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 19:22:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment the pinkette threw out a Dragapult, he had to back away as the two free-riding Dreepy in what he guessed were the ‘gun ports’ suddenly went flying—

Only for the machine to display a resounding ‘git gud’ on the screen.

“This machine is seriously fucked up,” he grumbled as he recalled the Luxray before switching guns with his Electivire, appropriately named Thor.

Once the Electric-type had landed in a burst of sand, all Lars had to do was to point.

A sudden ball of electric energy then came crackling from the Electivire’s hands before it lobbed an Electro Ball at the machine.

“I swear—” Lars grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

FeC_zU43

gg XD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Lars [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 20:54:48 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Vic sighed, calling Taffy back to his pokéball with a ”Thanks for giving it a try, bud” while petting the Stealth Pokémon. He was sure his Dragapult wouldn’t mind the result, but he himself? He sure did mind.
[break][break]
Taffy was, after all, a pokémon he had had for all too long, and one he had worked hard on training for years. He was no weak pokémon, Vic knew this well, so why the hell was the machine reacting like this?
[break][break]
”I think it must be rigged. There’s no other explanation, right? Why else would we keep failing like that…” He said just as the Electivire’s powerful Electro Ball also received no more than a ’meh’. Then, Vic picked a pokémon at random, his Dragalge floating before him a second after that.
[break][break]
Before he could say anything, the pokémon attacked, shooting a SLUDGE BOMB at the machine while the Electivire was still near it…
[break][break]
”Wai– Licorice!” Too late, as the Electric type was already covered in sludge and likely to fall victim to the poisoning effect of the attack.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | SORRY THOR
[break]✔ Endeavor: Inflict poisoning
[BREAK][BREAK]
ILbLba8f