Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 7:00:51 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Among the many unconventional arenas that had been set up at the beach for the Hoenn Star Tournament, there was a race track. It wasn’t particularly large, but it went around in a perfect oval, three flags having been set up equidistant from each other with the first being right by the starting line. These were, as Vic was soon explained, the positions where each pokémon was supposed to stand in a relay race.
[break][break]
It looked fun, so of course he wanted to give it a try! He signed up, and a metal baton was given to him the moment he did – one that looked resistant, and like the kind of thing any pokémon could easily grab.
[break][break]
Which pokémon of his would participate though?
[break][break]
This he took a moment to figure out, but eventually it was three of his usual companions that ended up waiting out by each flag: his Arcanine, his Dragapult, and his Dragonite.
[break][break]
Petting the fire canine, he gave it the baton with a smile. ”Give it your best, okay, bud? You all got this!”
[break][break]
This was going to be fun!

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Feel free to start ♡

[BREAK][BREAK]Rotantion battle style!
[BREAK]A pokémon has to advance and pass the baton within 1 post
[BREAK]Next post is with the following pokémon
[BREAK]Pokémon can use moves to speed up, or to stop their opponents
[BREAK]2 laps around the circuit? (6 pkmn x 2 = 12 replies? Social to 15?)
[BREAK][BREAK]
✔ Endeavor: Participate in a rotation battle

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 1:43:39 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

A relay race? And it counted for the Hoenn Star Tournament? In the words of a wise old man ( ): LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO!!!!!!![break][break]

"So you're the one I'm facing for this huh." Said the Alolan as he arrived at the starting line. The other competition had already placed his team on the required lines. Balder had to do the same rapidly. Thus, he took 3 pokeballs from his belt and summoned his teammates.[break][break]

From a flash of light, a Zeraora, a Cinderace and a Shiny Greninja emerged. "Zero, you go to the last flag. You'll be the last burst. Noya, you're middle liner, connect the dots. Froppy, you're opening the bal. Show them your ninja skills." As the pokemons took place, Balder handed the baton to Greninja.[break][break]

Whenever the signal was given, the race would begin.

Greninja goes first.[break]
Awaiting signal. You do it

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 11:48:23 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Yeah, hey! I’m Vic, nice to meet ya!” It is casually that he greets his opponent when the man shows up, offering a bright smile. Then, he watches as the other begins to set up his team, his gaze falling on each of the three pokémon that go take their positions on the race track...
[break][break]
Kind of overkill, isn’t it?
[break][break]
Then again, maybe the man just likes showing off or something, and it’s not like Vic’s eternal optimism is at all affected by any of this..
[break][break]
”Cool pokémon! May the best one win, I guess, huh?”
[break][break]
With these words and a short laugh is that the race begins.
[break][break]
The second it does, the Arcanine takes off, boosting his speed with AGILITY and ignoring the presence of the other pokémon as he headed straight for where the Dragapult was.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Can't believe you'd make me start, wow :c

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:07:26 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"Nice to meet you too." Balder nodded then, focused on the event at hand. This was reminiscent of the Pokeathlon. Of when he and his team had been crowned King of Speed. This time, however, he didn't have his Yanmega to show everyone the madness of speed. But the tactics remained... in a similar fashion.[break][break]

The opening shot. As soon as the sound resonated in the area, the dark Greninja simply... vanished. Like a true ninja. Unseen by most. And yet, it had only retreated to the shadows, forcing its way forward to pass the agile Arcanine and attempt to reach Cinderace first.

Greninja uses Shadow Sneak to rush first.[break]

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:40:59 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Who had reached their teammate first?
[break][break]
The Arcanine had no clue!
[break][break]
Nougat wasn’t usually a ‘one track mind’ kind of pokémon. He loved battles and all, but this was not a battle, was it? (Well, technically it was, but you know) This was a game. And like any good dog would, when playing games of this sort, he was really damn great at doing what he was supposed to do.
[break][break]
His sight was fixed on the Dragapult, running towards him and only stopping once he had passed the baton. Then, he happily barked, wagging his big and fluffy tail as if waving the dragon off.
[break][break]
He was ignored.
[break][break]
Dragapult was fast, and using PHANTOM FORCE to teleport forward, it would probably make quick work of his role in this race.
[break][break]
Probably...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 18:17:36 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The first relay. The Ninja emerged from the shadows and proceeded to deposit the baton in the palm of the Cinderace. They seemed to have a slight advantage over the opponent, but the Phantom Force might actually allow them to get the lead. The Rabbit couldn't let this stand. Thus, with a few Acrobatics, it waltzed forward, trying to catch up in terms of speed.

Cinderace uses Acrobatics[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 21:08:29 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Thanks to the totally legal move and not at all cheating that was PHANTOM FORCE’s teleportation, they had managed to gain a slight lead, but when the baton was passed from dragon to dragon, the Dragonite scoffed as if unimpressed with his teammate’s performance. In turn, the Dragapult blew a raspberry at him.
[break][break][break]
Call that five seconds wasted for stupid reasons.
[break][break]
Five seconds that the Dragonite intended to make up for the moment he turned, spreading his wings and rising in the air with the acrobatics of a DRAGON DANCE. Then, he rushed forward.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 22:28:07 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Seems like the other team lacked teamwork, due to how much time they were losing by bickering onto the battlefield. A silver lining to the Cinderace that gave the Baton to Zeraora. And as soon as the cat received it? He was gone, leaving sparks behind him. Running on all fours and a field of electricity around him, he was using Volt Switch to reach the line and get ready to pass the baton to the Greninja again.

Zeraora uses Volt Switch to take the lead[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 23:20:19 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Vic’s team had friendship and a complicated dynamic that made things more fun, thank you very much!
[break][break]
The Dragonite was obviously no match for Zeraora and that pissed him off, but there was nothing much he could do at that point, so he kept rushing forward, swearing to have his revenge when the next round came along!
[break][break]
The baton was passed to the Arcanine, and at least the Arcanine sure was fast. While still boosted by AGILITY, he attempted to catch up to their opponents by using EXTREME SPEED... and maybe even give them a good smack while at it!

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 23:29:14 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The final stretch. This one lap was going to decide it all. Thankfully, Zeraora arrived sooner then the Dragonite, which gave the team an advantage. Sinking back into the shadows, the Greninja charged forward, but noticed that the Arcanine was quickly catching up to it. Were they losing the advantage already?

Greninja uses Shadow Sneak. Seems to be losing the lead slowly[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 23:40:30 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Extreme Speed, man…
[break][break]
Wild move.
[break][break]
They weren’t all that caught up; the Arcanine was still behind, quite literally trying to bite at the ankles (Did it even have those?) of the Greninja.
[break][break]
But Dragapult came next, and Vic’s Dragapult came with ghostly teleporting incorporated! Pass the baton and PHANTOM FORCE away!
[break][break]
He appeared and disappeared from sight, and despite the excitement of the race, he looked like he really wanted to go take a nap. That’s just the way the Dragapult was, alright?

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 23:53:30 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Considering frog legs are a thing? Yes they have ankles! Especially the greninjas! Perfectly forged ankles!!![break][break]

Carrying on, the Greninja emerged from the darkness, handing the baton to the Cinderace. The soccer player charged forward before doing jumping forward with all its strength, going an High Jump Kick to try and cover more distance.

Cinderace uses High Jump Kick to leap further.[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 0:03:40 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Facts! Well, Greninja’s perfectly forged ankles are safe… for now.
[break][break]
The race had to keep on going, and seeing the Cinderace using kicks to cover distance, the Dragapult gave a small nod of acknowledgement before teleporting like the lazy pokémon he was. No physical effort here, nope!
[break][break]
He did put the effort to smack the Dragonite with his tail when reaching him though, but the Dragonite had other things in mind, since it was still peeved about the Zeraora.
[break][break]
What did he do?
[break][break]
He made a HURRICANE rise. Riding the winds forward and hoping maybe it would confuse his opponent.
[break][break]
Spoiler alert: it probably wouldn’t.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 0:19:44 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The hurricane was enough to make the Cinderace miss his landing though... But not stop him from throwing the Baton at the Zeraora. The cat snatched the Baton in mid air, before electricity covered its paws as it began to charge forward. Using Agility, the cat forced its way through the Hurricane, using the static electricity to remain anchored to the ground as it charged forward.

Zeraora uses Agility to finish this race.[break]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Balder [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 0:42:25 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

No matter how fast the Dragonite flew, he didn’t stand a chance against Zeraora.
[break][break]
It really pissed him off, but that’s just the way the poffin crumbles, no?
[break][break]
At what could have almost been called the literal speed of light, the race came to an end, Zeraora earning a sweet victory for both Balder and his teammates.
[break][break]
”Damn, good job out there. That was fun!” Vic praised, ever enthusiastic, his enjoyment of the challenge untainted by the fact that his team had lost it.
[break][break]
The same could not be said for some of his pokémon, but they were soon safely back in their pokéballs!

[BREAK][BREAK]