Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:33:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

He was early to the battle tent that day. Had wanted some time to clear his head and prepare for the oncoming battles of the day. He had several lined up, and just thinking of it made him a bit nervous.

The pressure to perform was real!

However, upon arriving, he found someone had gotten there even before he had, blinking in surprise as he saw a pretty lady within the field.

"Uh... Morning!" He called out as he entered, looking around. Yup, empty, save for them and the janitor. "Yer awfully early, haha. First match of the day?"

That would make her his opponent.

TAG: @giselle
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:50:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
drinking her fourth coffee of the day she felt like she was on the worst kind of buzz. but she had lots of work to do if she was going to get enough battles in for practice. "i wish, i've been up since four a.m. but it'll be worth it i guess." tank sat next to her, ready to rumble as he was newly evolved and ready to rumble. and she was so proud of him. "are you ready to get started?" she was, that was for sure.

-

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 16:09:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

Looked like he was right on the money after all. His first opponent for the day. Welp, no time for cooling his head or thinking now; deep end it was!

"Yes, I am!" He said as he grabbed one of his netballs, reeling his arm before releasing his Galvantula onto the field.

"Oh- pleasure to meet'cha, by the way! My name's Doug!" He said after a moment, remembering his manners.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 16:38:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it was time for another go, but she was ready. and so was tank.

"my name is giselle, it's nice to meet you."

an electric type huh... against tank it wouldn't be the best but she wasn't about to deny him his battle now. not when he'd been so ready for it.

"body slam!" the drednaw rushed forward, ready to slam as hard as he could into that bug.

- used body slam

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 16:44:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

Greetings made, the two were ready for battle. Doug wasn't super acquainted with the pokemon they were fighting, but his Galvantula seemed a bit aprehensive... given its body, it was likely to be a rock type. Best play it safe!

As the large pokemon charged down Goran, Doug swung his arm.

"Sticky Web! Stop it in its tracks!" He ordered as his spider tried scrambling back, leaping backwards in the air before pointing her butt at the Dreadnaw, shooting a mass of webbing at the floor in front of its charging form!

Galvantula used Sticky Web!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 17:30:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the webbing sure as sin managed to stop tank in his tracks. which was unfortunate as the large pokemon skittered to a halt, unfortunately damaging the floor as he went.

"oops... didn't mean to do that."

she hoped that she didn't have to pay for damages or whatever. that would be a nightmare and a half on a ranger salary.

"water gun!" it would be better to stay a distance if he could she supposed.

- used water gun

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 17:40:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

Doug simply grinned, happy to share the good news.

"Don'cha worry- Silph Co. is handling the costs of repairs on the Battlefields!" Good ol' sponsors. What would Hoenn do without ? "Just, ah, gotta keep inside the battlefield."

He said this sheepishly, scratching at the back of his head, memories of his tragically expensive battle with still in his mind.

"Anyway, use Electro Web!" Goran had been squealing in the meanwhile, the water gun having hit him straight in the face, pushing him several paces before he managed to throw himself out of the way.

He shook himself violently to get all the water off his fur, before leaping in the air to throw some electric webbing at the other pokemon!

Galvantula used Electro Web!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 17:57:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
that was a load off her mind at least.

"that's good, a rangers salary doesn't exactly pay for things like this."

coming from a rich background adjusting to how she spent her money had been a bit of a challenge. but she had picked up on budgeting well enough for now. that budget didn't include arenas.

electricity was a pain in the ass right now. as well as all of the webbing and whatnot. "counter!"

with a flick of his head and body he hoped to throw the webbing right back at the spider like pokemon.

- used counter

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:10:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

"I know! I had a mess of a battle the other day, and let me tell ya- it's DEATH on the bank account!" Luckily, not his. Thanks !

"That's new!" Yelped Doug as the webbing tied itself around the Dreadnaw's horn before being thrown back at his Galvantula in the most literal depiction of 'what comes around goes around' he had seen to date, nailing the spider midair with a squeal.

The spider let out an off as it landed, webbing stuck between its legs as it tried standing up, shaking its head. Ah, dagnnabit, why was its own webbing so sticky?!

"Better try and slow 'em down while you sort that out!" Doug said, sweeping his arm. "Use Thunder Wave!"

The Galvantula stopped its efforts halfway before nodding, squinting its eyes shut before squealing once again, releasing a wave of electricty to try and paralyze the Dreadnaw!

Galvantula used Thunder Wave!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:14:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it worked!

"we're trying out different sorts of combinations and move uses right now, getting ready to start challenging gyms when we have free time."

and tank was going to be a big part of that. he was a good boy. and right now one of her strongest pokemon.

but that wouldn't stop a thunderwave from causing him to slow down a bit, the paralysis causing electricity to crackle over his body as he grunted. tank wasn't the fastest pokemon in the world anyways so it was no stranger to him to be slowed.

rushing the best he could through slightly seized limbs he rushed towards the bug with jaws open wide to try and bite down on it.

- is paralyzed
- used bite

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:18:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

"That's great! That move was awesome- haven't seen anyone use counter like that before!" He said, the minuscule weight of the badges in his pocket suddenly felt.

Giselle didn't know just how lucky she might have gotten today!

With jaws that large and terrifying, Goran was afraid of what would happen if he got bit down! The spider tried to scurry and rid itself of its own webbing quickly, but it stumbled on its first few steps!

A yowl left it as the other pokemon bit down hard, the spider flinching and being unable to counter!

Galvantula used flinched!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:24:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she winced at the sound that the spider made as tank bit down. she knew the risk of battling and so did the pokemon involved. but that didn't mean she had to like everything that came out of it?

"is he alright?"

it was a part of all of this. after all her own pokemon had gotten hurt a number of times during this whole thing. but she'd made sure they got the care they needed after of course.

being close to one another like this meant that it was much easier to body slam. after all he didn't need to move fast if he was already close and already heavy. but his body didn't want to cooperate as the electricity crackled over him, stoping his muscles from wanting to go forward.

- is paralyzed
- cannot move due to paralysis

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:29:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

Doug himself cringed at the sounds Goran was making, a shudder traveling down the length of his spine. Still, he nodded at Giselle, knowing his pokemon well enough to know that wasn't him crying for help.

"Yeah- thanks for the concern, but that ain't fear just yet-" That was pain- and anger.

Goran realized quickly that if he couldn't escape the other's grip, then his only choice was to fight back as hard as he could for freedom.

A green aura surrounded the bug as his eyes glowed, before it attempted to envelop the Dreadnaw as well, suckling at its energy!

Galvantula used Giga Drain!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:32:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
uh oh... green usually meant bad things for a pokemon that was a mixture of rock and water typing. especially since they were so close and tank couldn't exactly race away.

"oh... tank i'm sorry!"

the drain attack took a lot out of him. after all it was super effective on top of super effective against his typing. why couldn't she think things through a little bit better... though all sorts of pokemon could use all sorts of moves.

"protect." it would give them a moment to think at least. as the barrier went up.

- is paralyzed
- used protect

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Giselle [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:56:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Giselle

Hello!

"Yer fine, Ms. Giselle! We can't be ready for everything." Too many pokemon with waaay too many moves.

Though he was repelled back with a Yelp by the protect barrier, the wings of freedom were Goran's for the taking!

Hitting the floor, the spider was quick to try and scurry away from the Dreadnaw, its but shooting out (ineffective) blasts of electric webbing at the Dreadnaw's barrier, to no avail.

Galvantula used Electro web!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP