2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:24:30 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he spots a blonde woman walking around. unfortunately for her, she's the first one priam sees after exiting the seashore house for lemonade. he stops sipping from the straw and walks up to her.

"hello!" he greets courteously at the passerby. "you up for a battle?"

it's like the most common thing you'll hear during the tournament that it's been getting monotonous. even priam, himself, was running out of things to make it interesting by himself.

still, if you're within the tournament venue, you're expected to fight... or at least, that's what people assume. it's a safe assumption too since it's just common sense.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:53:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler has the most opaque sunglasses sitting crookedly over her nose. Her chaotic mess of blond curls serves as a damper for any sunlight looking to pierce her eyes. Drinking water from one of those bendable straws, and dragging her feet across the sand, it quickly becomes evident that she's nursing the mother of all hangovers.

So Priam's question is met with puzzled silence as Skyler's brain attempts to reboot and catch up, silver eyes hidden behind sunglasses blinking owlishly. "Uh... Sure." The woman's hand lingers over her belt, then chooses a pokeball at random.

In front of her, an overly enthusiastic Boltund materializes. Wide, innocent puppy eyes widen at the cacophony of smells and sights around him. Then he goes running after a few nearby Wingull, barking at them and dislodging them from their area of beach, causing Skyler to groan.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:34:09 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
when skyler gets a boltund, priam decides that he gets out a pokemon with four legs as well. he throws a ball, releasing a common pokemon on hoenn that everyone probably was familiar with.

"zigzagoon!"

the zigzagoon walks around all zigzag-y, which was cute. priam stares at it as it walks on a zigzag-y circle before looking back to skyler, smiling since she did say yes to the battle.

"wanna take the first move?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:41:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Nugget!"

Apparently too distracted attempting to get rid of every single Wingull that dares step onto the beach, the Boltund  ignores his trainer.

Tongue lolling out in happiness, his loud barks echo down the beach to them. Only when a group of seabirds approach Skyler's and Priam's position, does Boltund appraoch. Since he's looking up at the sky, he doesn't stop in time and ends up slamming against the cute Zigzagoon in his path.

"Uh, sorry about that. Nugget's still a puppy." As if that isn't apparent in the ungraceful way with which he moves, still not used to his newly evolved shape.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:46:57 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"that's fine! puppies are cute."

he looks at his own zigzagoon, which also looks cute. it's too bad that the hoenn version of a zigzagoon doesn't evolve to something cool like an obstagoon. those galarian people must've had some kind of weird radiation going on in their lands for baby zigzagoons to turn like that.

maybe hoenn will have those some time, but that's just wishful thinking.

"you think my zigzagoon looks cute too?" priam asks, shifting his thoughts away to the more important topic.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:00:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler looks down at the familiar sight of a Zigzagoon, brown eyes shining up at her. She's seen many of these during a whole life spent in Hoenn, so cuteness doesn't even register anymore. Still, she doesn't want to crush the young man's hopes and dreams. So she simply nods.

"Would look even cuter with a bow." That's how cute things are made cuter, right? Someone help her, Skyler has absolutely no idea what she's saying. Utterly out of her depth. "You don't happen to have one with you, do you?" Shit, her head's killing her.

Boltund, of course, only notices the other pokemon after he's all but slammed into it. Bright puppy eyes blink down at the normal-type. Then a tongue comes out to lick the Zigzagoon in what might be construed as a greeting.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:10:48 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oh, shit! you're right! lemme see if i have something..."

as he searches his person for anything that resembles a ribbon, the zigzagoon takes the licking as a gesture and flashes his own baby-doll eyes back at the boltund. they're both going to look cute it seems.

"uh, i have a handkerchief. would that work?"

from his pocket, he takes out one that wasn't even ironed properly. it's just folded in a rush, but the design was at least normal enough not to look weird.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:25:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler looks at the handkerchief like it has sharp teeth and is about to sink them into her. In hindsight, it's a good thing the sunglasses are somewhat disguising her expression, otherwise she might've given away how uncomfortable she was.

"Uh, it looks perfectly fine to me. Do you- Do you know how to make a bow? I have some experience with knots..." Same thing, right? How difficult could it be, really?

Famous last words, Sky.

By her side, Boltund counters the Baby-Doll Eyes with a CHARMing nose boop, curiosity making it interact with the normal-type. Anytime now, a Wingull would fly overhead and nyoom went Nugget.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:32:04 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"yeah!" the confidence doesn't back thee previous experiences he has with tying ribbons. "i'm, like, a pro gift wrapper, so of course i can tie bows fine!"

he unfolds the handkerchief and whips it in the air so it looks like one strip of cloth instead of a neat square. priam stares at it, unsure on how to start, and attempt to hold it in front of him towards skyler.

"i already know i can do an extraordinarily great job, so yours would probably come out more natural! those tend to look cuter in my experience! wanna try?"

when the boltund goes nyoom, the zigzagoon attempts to follow. since it always goes zigzag, it has to take more steps and eventually lags behind.

"oh, there they go..."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:45:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The sigh of relief that escapes Skyler's mouth at Priam's confident exclamation isn't completely subtle. It quickly fades when the task of making a ribbon is cheerfully put in her hands. Silver eyes widen from behind dark lenses, but in the end there's little she can do except accept it and hope for the best.

"Yeah, I'm- I'm sure it isn't difficult or hard in any way, shape or form. I mean, it's just a ribbon, right?" Her calloused fingers drag on the handkerchief's wrinkled surface. She's so focused going through several knots in her mind that the fact that Boltund has run away with Zigzagoon doesn't even register in her mind.

"Okay, so. We start like this..." What ends up taking shape between Skyler's hands could be considered a bow, if one squinted really hard and closed one eye. The knot itself was far too large and two floppy bits of fabric looked kind of sad. All in all, it looked like it that was trying too hard to be something.

"Wait."

Taking a little plastic flower out of her pocket (remnants from last night's revelry), she plops it on top of the sad bow. It somehow made the whole thing look tragic.

"Much better, right?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:53:10 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oh, shit. you're actually a pro too!"

priam's standard for what they should look like is non-existent since contrary to what he had said earlier, he has never found the opportunity to wrap a present, nor receive one in a nice bow, before.

"wait!"

without the zigzagoon, there's no more test subject to see if it looks cute. priam takes out a pokeball and releases a shroomish instead. priam picks the pokemon up and raises it to skyler's eye level so she won't need to get down.

"tie it around her and see if it looks nice!" he tells her with excitement.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:08:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
There's little that can describe the hidden look of pure befuddlement on Skyler's face at Priam's enthusiasm over her less-than-satisfying 'bow'.

Blinking owlishly, she does end up wrapping the Frankestein bow around the Shroomish. It looks... properly cute. Maybe it's the Shroomish's angry pout, but all in all...

"Oh, that's cute. Go on, see!" It seems Priam's enthusiasm is actually infectious.

Caught up in their cute face-off, Skyler is utterly unaware of where her Boltund has gone. Only when a blurred canine shape briefly overwhelms her vision does she take her attention away from her work - only to see it sitting between Nugget's teeth. It barks once, as if in playful challenge, then hurries away from them.

"Nugget, bring that back!"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:16:56 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the bow was so cute too... but unfortunately, it gets taken away from him.

given how fast boltund run, priam can still see his zigzagoon trying to catch up from behind it. he knows he can't count on it at this very second, but priam knows he has to get the bow back.

"wait, i got it!"

he raises an arm and aims his shroomish at the boltund, chucking the small, round pokemon towards the electric-type.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:27:27 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler watches the Shroomish as it sails through the air almost as if in slow motion, only to then plop down onto the sand, little feet up in the air and kicking.

Nugget runs wild and free through the beach, a Zigzagoon following behind in zigzagging patterns. "They'll come back eventually." She just isn't sure if they'll bring the ribbon back. The Boltund has the attention span of a Magikarp and will probably let the ocean wash it away.

"Tell you what." Skyler turns to Priam, resisting the sudden and inexplicable urge to pat his head. "I'll get you some fabric and teach you how to make some sailor knots. They're kinda like ribbons anyway." The way she speaks leaves no room for discussion.

Now they just have to wait for their pokemon to come back.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,350 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
priam vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:37:02 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"that's a thing?" he asks in disbelief. "then sign me up!"

he's not sure what sailor knots have that differentiates them from regular knots, but the 'sailor' prefix was enough for priam to think that they're cool. maybe he'll even use them to show off at the submarine.

priam almost forgets about his pokemon until both of them return back to him. instinctively, he recalls them back to their pokeballs since they're not needed, until he realizes that they're technically in a battle.

"oh."

he just shrugs and takes the loss since he knows he's the real winner for learning whatever sailor knots are.