awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:41:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, so maybe he did walk right into that one…

Resisting the urge to scream, he instead decided to scream—internally.

He’d clean forgotten that making Mattie guess anything was a big, big mistake.

Instead he let out a little shrieking noise before smacking a palm to his face and dragging it down.

“B—bruh,” and he couldn’t believe he said that last word before the next sentence, “…I’m the Fortree Gym Leader.”

And then, silence.

@mattis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:51:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis looked confused and concerned when Alexei face palmed and made that small shrieking noise. What on earth did that mean? Had he said something wrong. He opened his mouth to say something to him, but Alex beat him to it.

And really, it shocked him.

The two stood in silence for a solid few minutes before Mattis pointed at him with a finger and spoke. "Wait, you're pulling my leg. Why-" No wait, he was serious.

"Really? Hold on, that's really cool. When did that happen?" he said, almost yelling.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 19:03:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Did I sound like I was joking,” he began at last, wincing a few moments as the loud shout cut across the space between them. Behind the bluenette, the loud shrieking and flapping of wings could be heard—several Pokémon disturbed from their afternoon snooze.

“Screech any higher and only my Crobat can hear you, y’know?” he joked a few moments afterward.

“But yes—asides from being like, the premier flying-themed medical facility and aviary fittingly located in the City of Trees, this is also the Fortree Gym.”

Even if he was leaning on his crutch like an idiot wet noodle, he gestured around with his left hand.

“I stayed for the longest time there, bartending until I decided to move on to other things. Even if some of the regulars are nuts, they tip really big, so… yeah. This happened. Six years or so of savings into this.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 19:20:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis didn't even acknowledge the birds as they began to fly off because of his loud reaction, still in shock from the news he received from Alexei. He mouth was agape, as though it was ready to throw more loud noises out.

However, he closed it and threw an apologetic look before calming down. "Sorry. It's just..." He trailed off as he explained.

So, Alexei did something productive with his life and became a gym leader. Someone who was held in high regard and had talent. What the hell was Mattis doing with himself? He blinked a few times. "I never expected you to want to become a gym leader, is all. I'm just impressed. And happy for you, of course! I mean, that means you're like... really good."

That sounded stupid.

Mattis sighed, rubbing his face. "I didn't mean to offend you. It was just surprising." He offered a bright smile and clap on the back with his hand. "Look at you, working your way to the top. You've changed so much."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 19:41:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Originally it was just supposed to be the Sanctuary, but…” he trailed off, before realizing something.

“Mattie. How—how often do you read the news?”

Knowing the bluenette? Maybe next to never, but he was taking a safe guess anyway.

While waiting for the other to answer, he fished out his phone and started typing something in, before waving the other closer so he could take a closer look once he was done looking for what he wanted to show the other.

“Unlike most of the other leaders, I prefer to keep a relatively low profile and keep an eye over this place in general. That was… until the Three Day War happened. Shit went nuts. I was—over at the Lilycove Warfront—only of course I didn’t go into the fucking water, am I asking for a death wish—instead I supported the battlefront from the sky.”

And almost fucking died in the process but I’m not going to tell you that, he added to himself in his head.

“In the end, a lot of people got recognitions from the League, myself included, and… well I haven’t had rest ever since!”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 19:53:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis looked at him when he asked how often he read the news. Why did he feel like he was getting scolded by Alexei for not reading the news and knowing what was going on in Hoenn? He was just trying to live his best life, right? Going on adventures and spending all his time finding things for his collection.

"Uh... next to never? Only when I think I need to. Is that bad?" he asked. Half the time, he felt like he didn't get good enough service to have connection to a resource, but he didn't care all that much.

He stepped closer as Alex waved at him to stand next to him, peering around his arm to look at his phone. Curse Alex for being a little bit taller than him.

Mattis looked up at him as he spoke, interested as he told his story about how exactly he became the gym leader here in Fortree. He also made a mental note to bring him to the water sometime because he was convinced he could cure him of his fear of water. Somehow.

"Haven't had rest, huh." He looked back down at Alexei's hand, to his phone before looking back at his face. "Tell you what!" He stepped back, stretching his arms and back before pointing at him.

"Let's go do something. Anything. Give you time to have fun and relax, you know? Just... let me shower and change first, okay?" Mattis indicated to his rather dirty outfit. "You can pick too. I'll even buy." He poked his finger against Alexei's cheek.

"For old time's sake. And to establish a friendship that won't be left behind for years."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 20:11:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

That was another mistake Alexei made—asking Mattie if he ever read the news.

Considering how…deep the other went when it came to looking for things that interested him, he wouldn’t be surprised if the bluenette tended to hyperfocus so much and forget everything else around him.

…admittedly, he’d do that too. Only of course he wasn’t going to admit to it so readily.

“Nope, what even is privacy,” he added a few moments later, chuckling immoderately. “Honestly, the only time I ever get some private ‘me’ time is on Sundays at this rate. Challengers day in, day out—and if not that, people who want tours around the aviary and emergency cases keep me hella busy.”

Ah, back when days were much simpler—before he was literally thrown into the public eye in general. Back when he was a baker’s assistant by day, and then a bartender in the evenings…

“I’ll take you up on that,” he replied with the biggest shit-eating grin on his face, before balancing himself on the crutch and attempting to swipe the bluenette with a noogie.

At the sight of Mattie’s obviously muddy clothes, he let out a guffaw.

“Oh, right—where the hell did Arkose go anyway?” he mused, wondering if the canine Pokémon was still out at the reception area, snoozing away like some big, living, spiky rug.

“And—you need a shower, let me take you down to my place. Not too far from here. Also, yes, I do live around the area as well. You’ll see almost all of my Pokémon running around the place. I don’t keep them in storage.”

Because two guys going to another guy’s place just so the other could borrow their shower (and possibly washing machine & dryer as well) was normal, right?

Right?

@mattis
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
back in time [s]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 0:27:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@mattis