[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@mihai

words

notes
let's go.

Okay, whoa, wait a second.

It wasn’t every day that he’d heard about the so-called Ampharos in the Lilycove Lighthouse. Well, to be fair it was the first time he’d encountered such a thing. While he knew of stories of a similar Pokémon powering a lighthouse in another region elsewhere, he was aware that most lighthouses were powered with lamps of some kind.

Apparently that didn’t work the same way here.

Anyway, he was here on word that the Ampharos that kept the Lighthouse running had fallen sick. Did they overwork the Pokémon? I hope not, he thought, brows furrowed as he looked at the information that had been sent his way. There appeared to be some cure-all medicine that could help the Electric-type get better, but the thing was that one of its main components were made from Budew leaves.

Where the hell are we going to be able to find Budew leaves, though? I know they’re not exactly…native to this region. Please don’t tell me we’re going to have to cross an ocean… but by then it’s going to be too late… he thought darkly, waiting just outside said Lighthouse for his companion for the day.

Hopefully they know something about herbs and mixing medicines… he continued to ponder, looking over at the information one more time and committing it to memory.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2019 20:59:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","piratemihai-cover2"]
[attr="class","piratemihai-cover"]

[attr="class","piratemihai-tri"]

[attr="class","piratemihai-tri2"]

[attr="class","piratemihai-content"]

[attr="class","piratemihai-content2"]

The lighthouse ampharos had fallen ill so Mihai had jumped at the case. Mainly because he had his own ampharos that he brought with him. The very sweet and caring Tonia rushed forward the moment she saw the lighthouse. The ampharos stopping short as she saw a man waiting outside. Her tail wagged side to side as she looked up at him.
[break][break]
"Amph,"
she said happily.
[break][break]
"Tonia,"
Mihai called out finally catching up to her. He handed her the letter she had forgotten. "Go ahead and head inside. We'll be back." He patted her head as her tail continued to wag. She ran inside leaving them to the task at hand.
[break][break]
"I figured she could help out for a bit,"
Mihai said smiling just a bit at the semi-familiar face. They had met only once before. Tonia could either help by keeping the other ampharos alive with her electricity or if they weren't back before nightfall to help run the lighthouse. The ships still needed a guiding light.
[break][break]
"I read up on the herb we are looking for,"
Mihai said motioning with his head for them to walk. "Apparently it's called budew leaves because its shaped like the bulb on their heads. It's used to make a cure-all tea."
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","piratemihai-liner"]

[attr="class","piratemihai-big"]冷たい心

[attr="class","piratemihai-small"]Always moving forward

[attr="class","piratemihai-img"]

[newclass=.piratemihai-cover2] border: solid 1px #eaeaea; width: 660px; height: 510px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-cover] padding: 2px; position: relative; z-index: 1; height: 500px; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-content] width: 340px; height: 500px; background: #fefefe;margin-left:-5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-content2] padding: 24px;overflow: auto;height: 405px;margin-top: 25px;font-size: 9.2px;position: absolute;margin-left: 0px;width: 280px;text-align: justify;color: #666;font-family: verdana; line-height:14px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-content2 b] color:#44abd3; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-liner] margin-left:-6px;background: #44abd3; width: 100px; height: 500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-img img] position: absolute; width: 100px; margin-top: 400px; height: 100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-big] width: 20px; margin-left: 20px; margin-top: 100px; position: absolute; color: #fff; font-weight: 700; font-size: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-small] margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 200px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 600; position: absolute; color: #f9f9f9; width: 150px; -ms-transform: rotate(-90deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg); transform: rotate(-90deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-tri] margin-top:-1px;width: 0; height: 0; border: 0 solid transparent; border-left-width: 60px; position: absolute; border-right-width: 0px; border-top: 250px solid #fefefe; margin-left: -65px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-tri2]width: 0; height: 0; border: 0 solid transparent; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 60px; border-bottom: 250px solid #fefefe; position: absolute; margin-top: 250px; margin-left: -65px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 16:19:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@mihai

words

notes
let's get this show on the road!

Bless his luck.

At least today, his partner was ready—and someone he’d already worked with previously.

“Didn’t know you had an Ampharos of your own,” he began in Mihai’s direction, watching as the bipedal Pokémon waddled forward, going past him and disappearing into the lighthouse.

“At least we can both look for the cure together instead of one of us staying with the sick Pokémon and playing temporary nurse…and then at the same time getting a case of permanent bad hair day,” he stated, biting his lip and trying to repress a smile.

“You know where we can find it?” he inquired a few moments later, fishing out a piece of paper and looking at it again, before pulling out a pen and adding some additional information to what he’d managed to gather. “You think… you think it has something to do with that recently-concluded swarm? Of Grass-types that came by here a few days ago and stayed over before just suddenly leaving,” he added a few moments later.

I mean, Budew leaves… that should be obvious which Pokémon we’re looking for, he thought a few moments later as he stretched his hands above his head, stretching and psyching himself up.

“Ready to go? Hope we can still find some of them around the area… it’s been some time since that swarm came by… he said after a few moments of almost awkward silence.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 22:54:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

True being around electric types tended to make one's hair stand on end. That was kind of how he met the childish ampharos when she was a mareep. Past aside though it was going to be hard to find what they were looking for without knowledge of where to look.
[break][break]
"I'm afraid I don't have much more information,"
Mihai said shaking his head at the mention of the swarm. Some pokemon were probably lagging behind the others but if they saw them coming they would probably hide.
[break][break]
"I do have an idea though,"
Mihai pointed up. "An aerial search would cover more ground and keep them from spotting us first and hiding."
[break][break]
Mihai technically had only one flying pokemon but the other could levitate making that at least two. With that in mind he released his Scizor and aegislash. The later having only been a doublade when they met last. She had to wonder if he had threatened anymore bag toting pokemon.
[break][break]
"I figure about five leaves should do it and we can probably harvest a couple from each budew so we only need to find two to three of them,"
Mihai said being generous about the leaves. They shouldn't pluck the budew of all of them after all.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[newclass=.piratemihai-cover2] border: solid 1px #eaeaea; width: 660px; height: 510px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-cover] padding: 2px; position: relative; z-index: 1; height: 500px; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-content] width: 340px; height: 500px; background: #fefefe;margin-left:-5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-content2] padding: 24px;overflow: auto;height: 405px;margin-top: 25px;font-size: 9.2px;position: absolute;margin-left: 0px;width: 280px;text-align: justify;color: #666;font-family: verdana; line-height:14px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-liner] margin-left:-6px;background: #44abd3; width: 100px; height: 500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-img img] position: absolute; width: 100px; margin-top: 400px; height: 100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-big] width: 20px; margin-left: 20px; margin-top: 100px; position: absolute; color: #fff; font-weight: 700; font-size: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-small] margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 200px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 600; position: absolute; color: #f9f9f9; width: 150px; -ms-transform: rotate(-90deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg); transform: rotate(-90deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-tri] margin-top:-1px;width: 0; height: 0; border: 0 solid transparent; border-left-width: 60px; position: absolute; border-right-width: 0px; border-top: 250px solid #fefefe; margin-left: -65px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.piratemihai-tri2]width: 0; height: 0; border: 0 solid transparent; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 60px; border-bottom: 250px solid #fefefe; position: absolute; margin-top: 250px; margin-left: -65px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 6:45:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@mihai

words

notes
does he have a flier? Stay tuned to find out...

If there was one thing he didn’t like, it was flying in blind… and unfortunately it was looking to be playing in this direction.

Limited information… this is bad… he thought idly, pocketing the piece of paper and looking up at the suggestion of an aerial search. He had six with him, and even if he did have one Flying-type, the problem here was that she wouldn’t pay enough attention to him for more than five minutes!

“I… have some that can scout the area. Although I have a Swablu, she’s so much of an airhead it’ll be impossible for her to actually get something done because she’s such a ditzy airhead…” he mused, before pulling out two particular Pokéballs and began juggling them.

“I know Metagross can fly… but he’d be too big and be too easily seen,” he continued, eventually deciding to send out his Scizor, watching as the dual-type emerged from the burst of red light. “Zeis, can you go with his Pokémon? Look for the swarming Grass-types. They should be around the area… but don’t approach them needlessly. Don’t act too obvious. If you find anything, come back here and let us know where they are, he addressed the dual-type.

“Shall we get searching? The longer we delay this, the sicker the Ampharos is going to get…” he addressed Mihai a few moments later.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 15:34:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

A fellow scizor; Kama was left eyeballing the male. He had the same red sheen to him as her but was any actually any good? She didn't know but part of the competitive female wanted to find out.
[break][break]
"Let's," Mihai said nodding. "We'll be right behind you guys."
[break][break]
Kama needed no farther encouragement as she quickly used agility and bolted. Amelia giving a sharp whine to tell her to wait up as she flew after her. They would be sure to spot the pokemon well before Mihai and Lars reached them. So Mihai wasn't too worried as he followed on foot.
[break][break]
"I thought you mainly delivered letters,"
Mihai said making small talk. He had no idea why the courier would be doing such a thing as this. Then again how many people sent letters anymore? He doubted it was a very lucrative job.
[break][break]
Kama watched the ground as she weaved among the trees. However, she also couldn't help but look back from time to time. Were they keeping up? She wanted to fight her fellow pokemon.
[break][break]
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 18:24:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@mihai

words

notes
dun dun DA

Watching as his Scizor departed along with its female counterpart and the Aegislash, he then turned his attention to Mihai. Well, that was an interesting question to say the least.

“I mostly deliver packages… sometimes I get letters, but that usually happens around Lavaridge and Fallarbor. You know how elderly people are. Refuse to use modern-day technology and prefer doing things the way they’re used to,” he replied with a bit of a shrug to his shoulders.

“Sometimes I deliver food parcels, even. Although the terrain around the region isn’t conducive to a motorbike, hell I’d give anything to be able to drive one around… I obviously can’t make deliveries out to Mossdeep or Pacifidlog because those are covered by other couriers who work on the eastern side of the region,” he added. He wasn’t going to mention anything about Sootpolis until he was prompted, because that alone was a prickly subject for him for so many reasons…

Over where Zeis was traveling alongside what he remembered the other human called ‘Kama’, the male flashed by his female counterpart, taking the lead by cutting through the overgrowth as best as he could manage. It wasn’t until he caught sight of a fallen leaf that didn’t look like anything else he’d seen so far did he come to a near-perfect stop, calling the other Scizor’s attention and pointing it at her, before gesturing back to where their slower human companions were.

It… definitely didn’t look like anything around them, to say the least. The male Scizor then slowly approached the odd-looking piece of greenery…

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 19:59:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

The terrain was less than friendly sometimes, Mihai had to agree. Maybe he should take to writing some letters himself. There was something to be said about the almost lost art of writing letters. Heck before long probably no one would even know how to hold a pencil anymore. A scary thought.
[break][break]
"It's good to be able to travel like this. I'm just a grunt so to speak so I get a lot of random jobs myself. I enjoy it though; I wouldn't have nearly met enough people if left to my own devices,"
Mihai said smiling a bit. He could have turned into a recluse easily but thanks to his need to take of his siblings he hadn't fallen into depression.
[break][break]
Zeis was being too slow. After pointing out the foliage that didn't look like the rest he was approaching it with care. She was also not going to listen to the idea of going back to get their humans. Rather she swooped past him with a wing attack. If it was what they wanted great; if not well it'd just be a fainted grass type.
[break][break]
The small pokemon tumbled from the hit and she picked the budew up in one claw. Several more came from the bushes though. The budew scattering at the rough treatment. Seems it was time to go all out and knock around as many as she could.
[break][break]
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 16:17:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@mihai

words

notes
Kama y u so aggro? Lol

“It’s why I took the courier job alongside being a Ranger… sometimes, I encounter people who ask me to run shit over for them from one place to another. Thank the hell they allowed me to do it, so here I am. As long as I get all the packages I pick up from the courier service delivered and report back at the end of the day, they’re actually fine with me working as a Ranger too,” he hummed, stretching his hands high over his head.

“Don’t we all,” he added a few moments, chuckling in Mihai’s direction. “You think they found something by now? Wonder what’s taking them quite a bit to return.

Back at where Zeis was about to pick up the leaf, he could only let out an indignant snort as his female counterpart suddenly shot past him with a Wing Attack, causing him to jump away for a few moments before picking up one of the… oh, there they were.

Grumbling under his breath about just how aggressive she was, he then set to work as well, using Agility to move around and catch some of the other squeaking Budew who were about ready to just run for the hills and pretty much fucking bail at this point. Why did they have to stay behind?! Agh.

Looking over at Kama, Zeis grunted something about ‘being careful’ and ‘don’t overdo it, we just need their leaves’ before rushing away again with another Agility to corral back some of the older-looking Budew, who were looking to sneak away from the scene as fast as their little feet could manage.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 15:24:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"You would think so," Mihai replied to his question. Scizor was a very fast species in and of itself. He couldn't imagine them taking this long to bind a few budew. "Maybe they are well hidden." That was his only guess since they did look like plants and in a place full of bushes, trees and everything else they may be hard to spot.
[break][break]
That wouldn't be the case they stumbled upon though. Even as Zeis rounded them up and told her to be easy Kama huffed. She didn't take it easy on the weak the only way they could get stronger is if they desired it and experienced strength.
[break][break]
She let out a vacuum wave at a bunch of them sucking them all in close to her. The budew knocking into one another and spinning about till they were sick and laying on the ground passed out. That was about as easy as she got. Which wasn't easy at all.
[break][break]
"Ah," Mihai scratched his head as his scizor stood there arms crossed and slightly proud. If only they had put up more of a fight.
[break][break]
"I guess they found some,"
he said sheepishly. "She's always been a bit of a roughneck."
[break][break]
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2019 15:52:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@mihai

words

notes
rip Zeis

Of course, Zeis was appalled.

The Scizor could only watch in sheer terror as his opposite number aggressively attacked the small, baby Budew with reckless abandon. Shit, if he could talk, he was so going to tell Lars about the aggressiveness of this female and how he was going to put as much space between himself and this other Scizor as much as possible because holy shit that aggression was way too much!

…and they said that females were much more demure. What a bunch of lies.

Anyway, it didn’t take too long for Lars and Mihai to eventually come across them, and without so much as a huff, his own Scizor made a beeline towards his companion and then promptly decided to hide behind him. This, of course, set off Lars’ eyebrows to go up out of confusion, before he caught sight of Zeis squinting at the other, before ducking and hiding his head.

At that, he suddenly burst out into a peal of laughter.

“I think… I think my own Scizor is trying to tell me that your own is a bit over the top…” he paused to say before collapsing into another muffled fit of laughter. Zeis clearly wasn’t amused, and made to smack one of his pincer-arms at Lars’ shoulder out of sheer embarrassment.

“What? It’s true!” he said in his Pokémon’s direction when he’d gotten that rather painful shoulder-bash a few moments later.

“I mean, you normally wouldn’t shy away from a fellow Scizor, would you?” he added a few moments later, before shaking in silent mirth.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stricken down [ff]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2019 22:17:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Lars' laughter was a bit contagious and Mihai couldn't help but to smile and try not to laugh himself as he looked back at Zeis. He couldn't blame him though; imagine being with her daily. She demanded respect and when she was ignored a single punch was enough to send him flying. Thankfully though she wouldn't touch his siblings.
[break][break]
"We only needed a couple,"
Mihai said turning to Kama. The scizor crossing her arms and looking unamused.
[break][break]
"Good job," he said feeling defeat from that look. She nodded in response as though to say that was better. The tea will hopefully help as he moved forward to gather a few leaves. Just a light pinch and twist.
[break][break]
While her trainer bent over to collect some Kama looked towards Zeis. She let out a buzz of disapproval at him using his trainer as a shield. Pussy, she scoffed and held her head high as her trainer got back up.
[break][break]
"We just need to seep these for a good ten minutes and we'll be golden,"
Mihai said looking back at Lars and his pokemon. Then at Kama who he decided to return. No need for her to continue to be out and scaring his scizor.
[break][break]
[break][break]