forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 20:56:40 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]
DEEP IN THOUGHT...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
canalave city. it was his home, no —— their home —— for as long as he could remember. now,
[break]

[break]

he would leave it.
[break]

[break]

gabriel stood staring out the window, a massive, bear of a man that towered most others in height, and bulk. he swirls the cold, brown liquor in the glass of his hand.
[break][break]
behind him, there's a knock to door of his study.
[break][break]
he doesn't turn around.
[break][break]
"enter."

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.gab]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/G7bdLsX/gabby.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 6:39:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah knocks not out of courtesy but something else entirely. the door swings open; closes not long after.

"dad."

he doesn't approach just yet.

"you wanted to see me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 6:44:21 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
gabriel doesn't turn to face the boy. what warmth in the room comes from the fire place —— not gabriel. the statement hangs in the air as the older man wets his lips with the liquor.
[break][break]
"the family will be relocating to slateport city. will you be joining us?"
[break]
[break]

[newclass=.gab .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/G7bdLsX/gabby.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 6:48:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]no warmth is to be found in this room; it's never existed, perhaps lost and overpowered by the icy cold demeanor of his father. still, he steps over to the fireplace, foolish in his endeavor.

"don't think i have much of a choice."

he crosses his arms and leans against the brick of the fireplace.

"why slateport?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 6:57:28 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"you always have a choice. despite appearances, you're a grown man. free to make your own decisions."
[break][break]
only then does the barrel of a man turn, gaze heavy as it falls onto his son. gabriel saw uriah's mother reflected in his proud gaze, and hazel eyes.
[break][break]
"the region offers a promising business venture. one this family cannot afford to pass up."

[break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:04:12 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]the urge to look away is fought and suppressed. he steels himself, clenching his jaw, and holds his gaze against his father's scrutiny.

"the region's a shitshow. you really want us to be caught up in that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:14:08 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
gabriel regards the boy for a moment. so, he did keep up with the news. at least he had one redeemable quality in him to lead this family after gabriel was gone.
[break][break]
"the region is destabilizing. but, that presents opportunities; ones i would not see go to waste. one day you'll learn even fear is just another thing that will hold you back."
[break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:19:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah scoffs, venom drenching his words but not nearly enough to sting.

"i don't fear anything, dad. not hoenn, not rocket, not—"

—you.

his gaze moves away, retreating to the flames next to him.

"yeah i'll be there. the family needs me, after all."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:31:49 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
like a lion, uriah shakes out his mane, eager to prove himself. only, he still found himself living in the shadow of his father.
[break][break]
"unfounded arrogance will lead you to an early grave."
[break][break]
he should know, it nearly cost him his life. now, the marred flesh around his eye was a constant reminder.
[break][break]
"do not put me through the headache of having to find someone else to take over what i leave behind."

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:36:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]he bites back a response, placating enough to allow them to pass, but still, the thought lingers:

uriah isn't the one who nearly died.

"there is no one better."

his gaze returns.

"i hear council seats are open. is that what you're aiming for?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 1:28:17 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
gabriel gives his son a pointed look, body finally moving to sit in the chair at his desk; it was plush and comfortable.
[break][break]
"something you've yet to show me."
[break][break]
his glass lands on the wood of the table, hands sorting through the stacks of documents. the job was never ending, even this late at night. he had long ago gotten used to it.
[break][break]
"interested in politics all of a sudden?"
[break][break]
gabriel doesn't look up from his task, his haste turning the signature beneath his pen into something audible, and scratching.
[break][break]
"to answer your question —— yes. at the very least, i will look into it. as i do so, you'll be on your best behavior. you will not start trouble and smear our family name. am i understood?"
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 7:14:34 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]fuck off, dad.

"always have been."

not really. politics is boring, dreadful, and he'd much rather be doing literally anything else.

"you really don't trust me, huh?"

tch.

"i promise i'll be on my best behavior."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 3:46:35 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"your word means little, if the past is anything to go by."
[break][break]
he, unlike his son, didn't grow up rich. it father had earned the money while gabriel was in his youth, but he understood the fear and the pain of an empty stomach.
[break][break]
"i have contacts in the league, there. i've put your name forward to be of use to them, and in-turn, use to the family."

[break]

[newclass=.gab .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/G7bdLsX/gabby.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][/font]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:22:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"the past is the past."

whatever sarcasm quickly fades. he tenses, then questions:

"what do you mean? use to them how?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
transfer
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:26:05 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a heavy, tense breath, rises in the man's chest. it swells, engorging his already massive frame. when it's released, the tension in the air becomes thick, and heavy. there's a heat, even greater than the fireplace.
[break][break]
gabriel could only hold himself back for so long.
[break][break]
"you will be of use to them in whatever way you're asked. your antics will not stain our name in this region. you will behave."

[break]