uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
:catto:
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 10:00:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"don't do this to me, kachow."

not today.

not ever.

uriah stands at the base of a particularly tall tree, peering up through the thick branches and leaves that hang overhead at the odd luxray that sits on a branch.

"come down. now."

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 3:36:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

There are only a couple of reasons why Sol visits Slateport City with frequency, and this day it happens to be because of the most obvious one of them…
[break][break]
It’s where her father lives, and while visiting him is not something she would ever call a bad thing, somehow these days always result to be incredibly frustrating – they barely talk, then they get on each other’s nerve, and then she goes walk through the park to clear her head.
[break][break]
Of course she didn’t think she’d run into anyone when doing the latter.
[break][break]
Of course she didn’t think that, out of all people, it would be staring up at a tree.
[break][break]
’What the hell is he doing?’
[break][break]
It’s with a sigh that she approaches, her steps perfectly quiet over grass. She looks up.
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
That explains it.
[break][break]
”...Your Luxray’s kind of a dick, huh?” There’s a slight smirk when Sol turns to face him, if only because it reminds her of the last time she had seen the electric cat – back when it had zapped Uriah. She's dressed casually, in a dress, because this day is no workday.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 10:56:42 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]a familiar voice draws his attention away. he turns to the side, confused for moments before recognition finally hits. only then does he chuckle.

"yeah, he is."

but that's mostly his fault. he babied kachow a little too much and now the luxray's a spoiled little baby who acts up when he doesn't get what he wants.

his gaze stays on sol, drifting down for a moment to take in her outfit.

"didn't recognize you for a sec there, cap. what brings you to slateport?"

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 14:38:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Cap.
[break][break]
It’s weird to hear people calling her things like those when she’s not working, but she doesn’t bother with correcting Uriah. If anything, she finds herself being somewhat glad to know he has enough respect for her (or maybe just common sense) to address her by her rank, especially after how tense things had been back at the beach.
[break][break]
”Should I be offended that you didn’t recognize me?” She isn’t. Sol has always favoured feminine clothing and cared a lot about her personal style, but for some reason this always seems to surprise people who are used to seeing her in full military uniform. Perhaps it’s because she looks even taller than usual when in heels despite it only being low wedge sandals this time, or perhaps it’s because her long hair isn’t tied up and she’s wearing makeup...
[break][break]
Either way, it's silly, and instead of giving him her reasons for being in the city, she turns back to looking at the Luxray.
[break][break]
“...Why not just call him back to his pokéball?” Some pokémon are sometimes too stubborn for that, and she wonders if this is one of them or if Uriah had somehow done something else to fuck up.
[break][break]
”You could try luring him down with treats or something.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:10:30 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"no, no. you just look...different."

the differences are there, clear as day, but he doesn't feel the need to voice them. he clears his throat, shifting his gaze away.

"it's a good look."

thankfully for him, the conversation moves along to his luxray in the tree. he chuckles at her question, then sighs.

"i lost his pokeball."

it's somewhere in his apartment, that much he's sure of.

"i don't have any treats either."

shrugging a shoulder, he suggests:

"maybe you could call out a pokemon and you know, attack him down."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 2:37:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Is he embarrassed?
[break][break]
Sol watches him, but she chooses not to comment on it. See, contrary to what people would perhaps believe, it’s not often that she hears words like these, and she does think that there’s something somewhat sweet about it.
[break][break]
Still, she doesn’t even bother with gracing the words with a ‘thank you’, instead completely ignoring them. That’s Uriah’s own fault though, because the next thing he says is just ridiculous…
[break][break]
”You lost it?” Who the hell loses a pokéball?
[break][break]
There is a sigh.
[break][break]
”If we do that he’ll probably only be more stubborn about hiding because he’ll feel threatened… Here.” Calmly, she reaches into her purse, because unlike Uriah, Sol does carry treats with her. They’re meant for dog pokémon and to be used when training (food-motivated as pokémon can be), but surely that won't make much of a difference.
[break][break]
She takes one of the treats and raises her hand, offering it to the Luxray that’s still higher up on the tree. She stares at it, her expression calm.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:14:43 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"i misplaced it. it's somewhere in my apartment. probably..."

he corrects, muttering towards the end as he watches her pull a treat out of her purse. do people usually carry treats around like this? won't it go bad? won't it make her purse smell? questions invade his headspace as he watches the interaction with curiosity.

"nice try, cap, but he ain't that easy to—"

the luxray jumps down and approaches sol, sitting before her as if he knows obedience is the key to getting the treat here.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 7:09:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The treats are in a bag, obviously.
[break][break]
If Sol were somehow privy to his thoughts, she would probably stare at him in cold disbelief for thinking of stupid things like those when he’s supposed to be trying to get his Luxray down from a tree.
[break][break]
Of course she has to be the one doing all the work. Typical.
[break][break]
Then again, in truth, she doesn’t mind it all that much, because it seems as if her first impression of Kachow may have been just so slightly wrong…
[break][break]
Swift and agile as felines so often are, the Luxray jumps down from the tree, sitting before her as if waiting for his treat. She obliges, because he has earned it.
[break][break]
”You were saying...? Looks like maybe you just need to take the time to figure out what he likes.”
[break][break]
The treat is offered, allowing the pokémon to sniff her hand so he can see that she means no harm. If Kachow does take the treat, she will gently scratch behind his ears, a soft smile reaching her lips despite the fact that she has never really cared much for cats.
[break][break]
”Did you walk with him all the way here?”
[break][break]

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 8:01:09 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]a captain's supposed to lead, which doesn't necessarily mean they should be doing all the work, but it does in this case. despite that, uriah feels the need to help out, to prove something, maybe, as he reaches over to pluck a treat from her purse.

oh! it's in a bag. of course.

"he likes being a dick to everyone. not sure why he's being a sweetheart to you."

as strange as it is, he pays it no mind as he extends the treat out to luxray.

"kachow. come here."

luxray stays still; attention remaining on sol.

"see? such a brat."

almost on cue, luxray stands only to nudge his head against sol's leg, brushing past her dress to lean his body against her.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 8:29:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

If Sol minds having Uriah reach into her purse, she doesn’t say a word, perhaps because she’s too busy with giving all her attention to Kachow.
[break][break]
”Uriah, of course he won’t listen if you treat him like that.”
[break][break]
Usually, she’s not one to care much for cats, since in her experience Uriah’s right and they all really are brats. But she has to admit that there’s something endearing about the way the Luxray sits before her, and the slight smile at her lips remains even when the pokémon moves on to brush against her. She even runs a hand through his soft fur, petting him.
[break][break]
You’re a good boy, aren’t you, Kachow? There words are said in that tone people usually use when speaking to cute pokémon, and even if Sol’s voice remains as calm and lacking in emotion as usual, there is still a slight note of affection when speaking to the Luxray. It’s the same way in which she talks to her own pokémon when they do a good job. A tone she would never use in any other context.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 9:54:24 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah clicks his tongue, shaking his head in protest.

"i've only given him respect and love and this is how he treats me in return."

as sol dotes luxray with affectionate words, the electric-type nods in return, then nuzzles closer to her before plopping down at her feet. he simply lays there, expecting more pets, perhaps.

uriah rolls his eyes, groaning.

whatever.

"you have any plans today, cap?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 12:07:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol tries not to, but she can’t help but chuckle at that.
[break][break]
”Yeah… Guess cats just like things done on their own terms, huh?”
[break][break]
Another reason why she doesn’t like them most of the time, but doting on the Luxray comes with surprising ease when he shows her affection, and she watches him as he lies down at her feet.
[break][break]
It is only then when her gaze falls on Uriah once again, the smile no longer there – as quick to disappear as they always seem to be with her.
[break][break]
Still, she’s not upset, she may even think that this is kind of nice (and weird and unexpected, at that), and perhaps it's because of this that she gives an honest reply:
[break][break]
”Not really. I did, but not anymore... Why?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 14:14:23 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]he chuckles as well, nodding.

"tell me about it."

noticing her smile, he briefly thinks back to whether he's ever seen it. the occasional smirk, sure, but not this. his gaze lingers a little too long; it shifts away the moment she turns to him.

he shrugs, doing his best to play it off with a simple question:

"you wanna grab something to eat?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 18:59:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

‘You wanna grab something to eat?’
[break][break]
Sol may be many things, but a fool she is not, and she does no more than watch him for a few long seconds when he says these words.
[break][break]
Is he really trying to hit on her and ask her out? Her, of all people?
[break][break]
It’s a bold move, but it’s kind of cute, she’ll give him that much.
[break][break]
In fact, she even smirks, chuckling oh so lightly. ”Maybe some other time, Uriah.”
[break][break]
”I’ll see you both. Don’t get into too much trouble, Kachow.” She reaches down to pet the Luxray one last time, then looking at its owner. ”Same goes for you.”
[break][break]
And with that, she’s gone.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 10:29:45 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it's funny how a few seconds can feel like an eternity. at least his gaze is elsewhere and not fixed on hers; that'd be painful. he waits in silence, then eventually nods at her response.

"yeah, sure."

luxray stands the moment she stops petting, but he doesn't move just yet.

"see you later, cap."

with a sigh, uriah turns to leave as well. too bad luxray has other plans...