skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 18:20:37 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skycaptain"]

Skyler hears nothing else from the moment two holographic displays materialize into existence, breath caught halfway down her throat. Her fingers reach out before awareness catches up to her, teeth gritted like iron bars against the sickening, venomous exhilaration that inflates her lungs.

While the corrupted Lugia might be a fearsome enemy in the hands of one , Darkrai and the one who wields it are... a far more personal matter.

"I know them." Not of them, not when the last time she'd seen it had nearly resulted in the woman's drowning by her hands - a promise kept. 

A nightmare for a nightmare's worth.

"And you fought those two? By yourself?" Disbelief bubbles to the surface, coating every curl of her tongue. 

Lars' enquiry is ignored entirely. For now.

[newclass=.skycaptain] [/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain b] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain i] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 18:12:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At her words, he looked up, alarmed.

He at least knew who the twisted Lugia belonged to; however the bringer of nightmares was one that eluded him. Was it even possible for one person to have two legendary Pokémon under their control?

“Sky—Sky, back up. Wait a second, hold up. Do you know who the other one belongs to?”

Lugia’s was all over the HNN article, so that was public knowledge at least.

“I wouldn’t exactly say alone alone, but I was with another. However, the odds were incredibly stacked against us, as there were… I think three of them; and only two of us. What makes it worse is that I was caught in a tight spot. Two legendaries on one; and the snarker didn’t even react to the sight of Lugia.”

Was it because it was twisted, a shell of its normal self?

“I got trapped in dark—in this darkness. It extended from somewhere, but I couldn’t find who was commanding—or directing—the nightmare bringer.”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 19:09:54 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Lars' description paints a familiar picture. Pinpricks of awareness crawl down her spine as the tale unfolds, and a hand presses against the back of her neck almost of its own volition.

"No." 

Yes. The lie is like venom as it slips from her tongue - and yet the sailor proceeds with steely, unwavering determination. While Darkrai's avatar is not anything that might resemble a friend, or even an acquaintance for that matter, Skyler cannot not bring herself to divulge her identity. 

Their clashes were their own - and existed, at least in Skyler's mind, apart from Rocket, League and the rest of reality. 

"A while back I was attacked by a nightmare-inducing entity."  That much, at least, was the truth. "They escaped before I could do anything about it. Took my treasure too." The annoyance in her voice isn't feigned - but it also doesn't last long.

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 19:43:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

His eyes widened for a few moments—at the same time his eyebrows risen so high they look like they’re about to get caught in a permanent state of surprise.

“About… about the nightmare-inducing entity, as you call it,” he continued as he picked off the last of the guanciale on his plate with his fork, “…did you see your worst fears come to life, like in high quality? They start out fine, before suddenly plunging you into the abyss? Anything like that?”

Once he was done speaking, he demolished the last of the carbonara before placing his fork on the empty plate with a slight clattering noise.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 19:50:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Unlike Lars' plate, her own remains untouched.

Even the chilled tequila - no matter how high quality it might be - snags on the constricted walls of her throat, slipping down only when she stubbornly forces it to. The subsequent burn helps not at all with the encroaching memories.

She remembers all too well. She wished she didn't.

"I had nightmares." Her words come out sharp, short. A staccato of sounds that betray the sudden tensing of her muscles. 

The ocean is hungry. So are you.

You walk in the wake of a bloodless massacre with a conquistador’s stride. Buildings crowd the familiar sidewalks, their empty shells a homage to countless lives mercilessly interrupted.

'If I could not save them', you challenge the uncaring stars above, 'then why should I bother with the rest?'

(You drowned a long time go. The rest of the world can drown with you.)

For a moment silver eyes flicker razor-sharp and hungry; and then Skyler blinks, and it melts away.

"What did you see?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 20:07:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Mine was… undoubtedly a lot worse.”

He was pretty sure, out of the ‘Wayfinders’, nobody knew about his own troubled family history.

Looks like she was going to be the first to find out about—things—he would rather keep hidden, forgotten, buried in the darkest parts of his mind—the parts that even the deity was forbidden from accessing without his explicit permission.

“…I never told you about how I ended up in Alto Mare, did I,” he prefaced. Shit, this was going to take a while.

“See… mine started all fine. Me, with my idiot fratello , we’re kickin’ up shit somewhere back home. Back in Sootopolis. After we accidentally caused a bit of a disaster—heh, I’ll tell you more later—our mother came running.”

He then felt his throat go dry, so he poured himself another shot of vodka and downed it before continuing.

“Sure, she approached me and my brother and asked if we were fine, but then the background changed. It bled into darkness, and then—the sound of shattering glass. Next moment I look up, all I see is… is her body, all bloody. No head. She…

He didn’t even have to go on to elaborate what happened next.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2021 12:33:08 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There is nothing even remotely traumatic about Skyler's upbringing or her family story. One might even say she had a perfectly normal, perfectly boring childhood and that her nightmares are of her own making. Which is, in fact, true.

Regardless, as Lars' story unfolds, Skyler finds herself immersed in it. Despite spending enough nights (and some mornings) sharing drinks with her best friend, she knew little about his family and his life prior to her arrival. She wasn't one to pry, however, had never been.

"Wait, so-" She blinks, food forgotten as she reaches for another shot of chilled tequila. "Was that- a nightmare, or part of a memory?" Obviously dreading the answer, she downs some more alcohol. "Cuz that's fucked up, spiky." Her own had no memories, just terrifying possibilities, which she doesn't really want to think about now. Or ever.

Leaning back against the chair, Skyler feels her muscles seize for a moment. The skin between her eyebrows folds into a crease as she frowns down at her body.

What the hell...?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 21:30:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“It was—a part of a memory from before. That became… an actual nightmare,” he said quietly as he reached for the tequila and downed the shot in one go.

“There was a reason why I went to Alto Mare. I wanted to tell… I wanted to tell my nonnas and nonnos that… that Mom wasn’t here anymore. She’s… not alive. Hasn’t been since I was sixteen.”

Silence dropped between the two for a few moments.

“The nightmare here was that… I saw her… beheaded… and I couldn’t do anything about it.”

He very wisely left out the part that involved him hearing the ol’ man’s voice over everything, a cruel, brutal laughter that rang in his ears—even to this day.

A few moments afterward, though, he noticed something.

“Hey, Sky. You—you okay? You’re looking kinda pale there.”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 17:56:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The story parts from Lars' lips in small bits and pieces, and Skyler does her best to not let her imagination fill out the rest. It's obvious that it pains him to tell it - to remember it - so the captain decides not to pry any further. Still, relief floods her at the thought that he still might have family out there that cares for him. And if he doesn't...

"You know you're always welcome in my house, right? And if you want, we'd be more than happy to have you 'round for Christmas."

Particularly aunt Jules.

The thought brings a small lopsided smile to her mouth, quickly erased when her own muscles pull tight. A small hiss escapes her, Lars' question receiving no immediate answer. Skyler shifts in place, frowning when a heavy exhaustion seems to settle over her shoulders.

"Nothing, I don't think-"

Her eyelids, she notices, are growing increasingly heavy despite her lack of sleep. And instead of lounging back against the chair, she's slumping forward.

"I think - I might get going."

Rising from her seat proves a more arduous task than she would've thought, and by the time she's heading for the door she feels as if she'd run a marathon.

What the hell?

But the sure sign that something's wrong is the leftover bottle of chilled tequila standing on the dining table.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 21:17:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He began to clear out the table, but the way she was acting—it was definitely—

Odd.

Off-putting, strange; in fact it was outright not like her.

And what really set off the alarm bells in his head, after she’d left his place—

Was the fact that the tequila bottle was still there.

Normally, he knew she’d abscond with any alcohol offered to her wherever she went, but this?

Skyler Dross, leaving perfectly fine alcoholic drinks behind? Without even remembering to come back for it?

Well, there was something definitely wrong there.

And he would get to the bottom of it—somehow.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
follia [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 3:55:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A SHINY A!SANDSHREW HATCHES!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SLUSH RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GYRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE SPEAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TRIPLE AXEL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: