fuming [sauna]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 10:31:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

For a second, Sol considers kicking him, because he doesn’t need to say it for her to guess what he means. Hell, she doesn’t even need to look at him to know that he’s probably smirking like an idiot when saying this.
[break][break]
She takes a glance and her suspicions are confirmed.
[break][break]
Idiot.
[break][break]
”Leave it to a man to think it’s all about endurance. Typical.
[break][break]
That’s all she says on that. Calm and unbothered and with an oh so slight smile.
[break][break]
”Do you think they’ll show up soon?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
1Z7nVUL_[break][break]
123/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 15:17:44 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]again, he laughs.

"endurance plays an important part, surely."

but still, typical.

he shakes her head at her question, shrugging a shoulder as he shifts off the platform to just sink to the bottom. it doesn't take long for his feet to find the ground.

"i dunno. maybe in an hour or something."

with water up to his jaw, he turns over to look at her, smirking.

"we have a bit of time to kill."

[attr="class","noodles"]36XrMayA

113/1000

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 16:09:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Uriah, keep that up and I’ll punch you.”
[break][break]
She doesn’t sound upset, and she isn’t really, but she also absolutely means her words. As he should know, considering she did punch him once before.
[break][break]
As Sol has come to learn over the years, some people seem to have a one-track kind of mind, and apparently Uriah can be counted amongst them.
[break][break]
If his words don’t make it obvious enough, the smirk sure does.
[break][break]
So, of course, she responds in the most deadpan and sarcastic tone possible:
[break][break]
”Oh… so charming… wow... I think I’m blushing.”
[break][break]
She is blushing, but it’s definitely because of the stupid heat of the pool… or so Sol would think, at least.
[break][break]
"If you can stay quiet for more than five minutes, then maybe." She adds, her smirk matching his.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
zlQE|QB6[break][break]
74/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 16:30:29 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]there's more to his mind, really, like how cute she looks when her cheeks are flushed like that, or like how he really wants to hold her hand again, but these thoughts are difficult, troubling, and it's often easier to resort to what's expected.

"if i stay quiet for five minutes..."

but for sol, he'll try his best not to take the easy route.

"...will you hold my hand?"

[attr="class","noodles"]|fXlqivi

48/1000

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 17:13:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’...Will you hold my hand?’
[break][break]
Huh?
[break][break]
Hold his hand?
[break][break]
He’s joking, right? Why in the world would he want to do something like that? What’s the worth in it? What’s the fun?
[break][break]
Sol doesn’t get it, because she has never really cared much about that sort of stuff.
[break][break]
Still, he could have asked for more, and instead he asked for something simple. She appreciates that.
[break][break]
”Make it six. Hope you’re good at keeping count.”
[break][break]
A small smile, and with that, she shuts up.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
5EE4Kuh2[break][break]
47/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 17:25:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]six minutes. for anyone else it would be a piece of cake, but for uriah? it'll be a struggle.

the reward is too good to pass up, though, and he quickly nods, returning the smile before shutting up as well.

in his head, he counts, imagining wooloo jumping over a fence. he walks back over to the side to sit, leaning his back against the warm stone. his head tilts back, eyes closing.

eventually, the six minutes run up, and he's definitely lost count.

[attr="class","noodles"]OAKFva7h

26/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 18:05:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Six minutes.
[break][break]
Six minutes where she does no more than sit at the side of the pool and relax, sliding down enough so the water reaches her clavicles.
[break][break]
Six minutes during which she wonders how much he’s struggling not to say something.
[break][break]
And, honestly, six minutes during which she definitely expected him to give up.
[break][break]
But, he doesn't.
[break][break]
So, in the end, by the time about eight minutes have actually passed (because Sol didn’t bother with keeping track), she interrupts the silence with no more than a sigh.
[break][break]
Extending her arm towards him, she offers her hand.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
AirLWbG6[break][break]
23/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 18:12:04 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]in the end, it's her sigh that pulls him out of his thoughts. his eyes open, head tilting over to meet her offered hand, and from it comes a genuine smile; warm, much like their surroundings.

without saying a word, he simply reaches for her hand, intertwining their fingers before lowering it back into the water.

he shifts just a little closer to make it more comfortable. after a moment, he exhales and mutters:

"...thank you."

[attr="class","noodles"]HGg_zsOH

-72/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 18:56:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Maybe, just maybe, holding his hand isn’t so bad, if only for the way it makes him smile.
[break][break]
Sol doesn’t mind that smile. If anything… it’s kind of nice.
[break][break]
Those are the thoughts that cross her mind when their fingers intertwine, and she allows herself a quiet chuckle at this, also moving just a little closer to him.
[break][break]
”You’re welcome.”
[break][break]
Then, she looks at him once more, quiet for a few seconds...
[break][break]
”Though… I think you may need to get out of the water now.”
[break][break]
By which she means that he looks like he's about to boil. Not like she's doing that much better though.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 19:14:32 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it isn't until she points it out that he realizes just how hot he feels. it's definitely uncomfortable, though it's eased by the comfort that comes from holding her hand.

so he chuckles, nodding as he looks at her.

"yeah...i don't want to stop holding your hand, though."

he draws circles against her skin, seemingly unaffected by the water.

"just a little more?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 1:26:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’I don't want to stop holding your hand, though.’
[break][break]
Why?
[break][break]
Sol doesn’t get it, and maybe she never will, because why on earth would he choose the discomfort of the hot water just to hold her hand? It’s not good, or healthy, and arguably it’s even stupid to do as much because people often even end up fainting from the heat of the hot springs at times.
[break][break]
”You really are such a kid.”
[break][break]
She rolls her eyes, and yet, she doesn’t pull her hand away.
[break][break]
It may be stupid, but even Sol has to admit it’s kind of nice, even if she too should be getting out of the hot spring by now. She looks at him, and a faint smile tugs at the corners of her lips.
[break][break]
”Okay. Five more minutes.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 8:45:46 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]how she rolls her eyes has never bothered him; if anything, he finds it cute, and the sight of it has him chuckling. his smile only grows at her acceptance, as dumb as it might be to stay in the heat.

"five more minutes."

five more minutes until he has to let go and inevitably return to just being...whatever they are.

it's five minutes he'll cherish.

and so, with a content sigh, he closes his eyes once again, relishing the warmth he feels not from the water but from her. his thumb continues to draw circles.

he doesn't count this time.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 9:24:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s not five minutes.
[break][break]
It’s more like ten.
[break][break]
And, then those ten turn into fifteen, because Sol herself doesn’t bother to keep count either.
[break][break]
But, even when realizing that more than five minutes have passed, she doesn’t care to let go, because the truth is she doesn’t mind holding his hand, and there’s even a strange calm that comes with doing as much in the perfect silence of this room.
[break][break]
She knows she probably shouldn’t be allowing this to happen, because it could so easily cause those expectations of his to bloom once more, but maybe because the heat has made her lightheaded or maybe because she truly doesn’t care, Sol ignores these thoughts.
[break][break]
She closes her eyes and she enjoys the warmth, only being pulled back from this calm and relaxed state by the sound of someone struggling to open the door.
[break][break]
”Oh. They’re here.” With that, she finally pulls back, taking away her hand.
[break][break]
Then, her gaze meets his. ”Come on.”
[break][break]
Despite her words, Sol steps out of the pool without a rush; stepping out onto cold tiles and reaching for her towel in order to carefully wrap it around her body before heading for the door.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 9:57:49 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]inevitably, over the course of however long he holds her hand for, his mind drifts to the possibilities, to the day and night they spent together, and just how much he wants to spend more time with her. he still has his owed dinner, but what happens after that? what if they never become anything more than people who work together?

the sound of someone struggling to open the door pulls him out of his thoughts, and sadly, out of the moment.

his hand drifts back to his side, cold.

"right. yeah."

he steps out of the pool as well, mindful of his gaze as he steps over to the side to retrieve his wet towel. he wraps it around his body, not particularly minding the feeling.

eventually, the door opens.

"sorry! that was my bad. i'll pay for the damages."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 11:03:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Thankfully for Uriah, the staff member sent to the room seems new and inexperienced, as as such she’s apologetic for the fact that the door broke.
[break][break]
”As she should be,” Sol thinks through it all, because the fact that the doors can break that easily is definitely a hazard and an accident waiting to happen. Accidents like someone overheating because of being stuck in a hot spring room, or Sol herself beating the living daylights out of whatever creep got locked in with her if they even dared try anything weird.
[break][break]
Thankfully, this time it all ended rather well, and once they finally leave, Sol pauses right outside of the changing rooms, looking at Uriah.
[break][break]
”Guess you should probably go check on your friend, huh?”
[break][break]
The friend Uriah totally just abandoned for about an hour.

[BREAK][BREAK]