[attr="class","hnnissuenum"]
[attr="class","hnnball"]
[attr="class","hnnissuemar"]VOLUME 08 ISSUE 01 / SEPTEMBER-MARCH EDITION
[attr="class","hnncolorbg"]
[attr="class","hnnpicbg"]
[attr="class","hnntext"]

ELECTRIFYING FINALE CAPS VITAL CITY TOURNAMENT

WRITTEN BY RITA TEVIN

LILYCOVE CITY — A triumphant finale to the Vital City Tournament marks the end of an electrifying competition. Although trainers from around the world participated in this much-anticipated contest, three of Hoenn's own were able to stand on the podium.

Among the winners were Rustboro City's Gym Leader (PICTURED LEFT), Mauville City's Gym Leader , and Head Ranger , who were all greeted with overwhelming adoration from their fans. These trainers have showcased the region's formidable strength, no doubt cultivated through the trials and tribulations of recent times.

In the end emerged victorious. Following closely behind were and . Sponsored by Densoku and Gym Leader 's Lilycove City, an athletic apparel and technology company, these trainers were bestowed trophies for their victories.

When asked, said of his victory: "TRIPLE H IS HERE TO STAY BABY. Also, if you or anyone you know needs assistance, the Amnesty Program is here for you. Please reach out to me personally if you know anyone looking for a chance at a better life."

delivered a message of encouragement to his fans. "Never give up on your dreams. But never let your dreams control you."

"Lam and everyone did such a great job setting the event up! And it was really cool to test out Dynamax. Don't you think, Tofu?" said alongside his Pikachu, Tofu.

As the podium ceremony drew to a close, the Therian Forme Thundurus that had graced Lilycove with its presence, unleashed a powerful surge of electricity. Consequently, the city experienced a brief power outage. It is said that this display suggests that the Thundurus has deemed this region worthy of its residence.

The Thundurus was soon joined by a Therian Tornadus. The two Legendary Pokemon immediately clashed with each other. The violent skirmish eventually carried them far from Lilycove. No casualities or injuries as a result of their battle have been reported, but some property damage did incur.

Currently, the whereabouts of the Thundurus and Tornadus are unknown.

SUDDEN EXPLOSION TRANSFORMS WYNDON PHARMA HQ INTO ICE; LINKED TO CEO MICHAIL VOLKOV
Corporate Espionage or Criminal Activity?
Investigation Unravels Shocking Twist

WRITTEN BY KATHLEEN CRANE
RUSTBORO CITY — In a shocking turn of events, the Wyndon Pharmaceutical Headquarters experienced a catastrophic explosion that transformed the entire structure into a frozen spectacle, leaving employees scrambling for safety and authorities rushing to respond to injuries.

Eyewitnesses described the scene as the building erupted into icy fragments, sending shards of frozen debris and glass in all directions. Employees, caught off guard, rushed to evacuate the premises as emergency alarms blared. Nearby civilians were injured by stray shards of glass and ice, and sought immediate medical attention. Some reported a sudden strange feeling in the air as well, likening it to the same feelings experienced in nearby rifts.

"It all happened so suddenly, I could barely react," local archeologist reports. "There was smoke and screaming, but there was anger in the air, like something was about to go down. It felt like I was being watched by something. It saw, and it hated." Other citizens of Rustboro had less enthusiastic approaches. "Looked like someone forgot to shut their fridge, and the city paid the price for it. As for that eerie vibe lingering in the air, well, let's just say tensions are running a little higher than usual," remarked , a familiar face in Rustboro City and a Draconid known for his care of the local shrines.

The story then takes a dark turn as eyewitness accounts connect the culprit of the event to CEO Michail Volkov, who inherited the company after his father's unexpected death in 2020, shortly after the events of the Three Day War. Adding to the harrowing news, Volkov has also been revealed as Rocket Admin Jayden Cross, recently unmasked as the cursed Chien Pao Avatar. Accounts of the Kantonian War has also connected him to tragedies in Cinnabar Island in 2021.

The shocking revelation about Volkov's dual identity as Jayden Cross has sent shockwaves through the Rustboro community. Cross, previously known as a well-respected member of the healthcare community at large, has apparently maintained a covert position within the terrorist organization, raising questions about the true nature of his involvement in the explosive incident.

City officials, now working in tandem with law enforcement agencies, have expanded their investigation to unravel the motives behind Volkov/Cross's actions. Preliminary reports suggest possible connections to corporate espionage or criminal activities intertwined with the pharmaceutical industry.

"This is a great shock and loss to the company," states interim President Dr. Neil Winter (MD, PHD), in an interview with HNN. "However, rest assured, Wyndon Pharmaceuticals unequivocally condemns the actions attributed to Mr. Michail Volkov and effective immediately, we have severed all ties with him. Our commitment to transparency, integrity, and the safety of our employees and community remains our utmost priority."

The Big Pharma company, who's administration was already largely handled behind a Board of Directors after the loss of former CEO Nikolai Cross, does not expect any largescale changes to take place. Consumers should still be able to access their medications at local pharmacies situated all over Hoenn, including Mauville, Lilycove and Sootopolis City.

Under the guidance of Councilwoman and , the League Government and the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism (HBIC) are diligently investigating the event, having already leveraged prior knowledge of the ruinous avatar to inform their inquiries.

[attr="class","relthreads"] Rocket Avatarship Intelligence Report was submitted around the time of RESURFACED TREASURE. AWAKEN takes place during EXCURSIONS and is currently IN PROGRESS but reveals the status of CHIEN PAO AVATAR to the LEAGUE

PRECIOUS PECHA PASTRIES

WRITTEN BY

OLDALE TOWN — Community leaders in Oldale Town are taking advantage of the community garden in the aftermath of the poison-type crisis.

Since the uptick in aggressive poison pokemon behavior and various spills or excretions of toxic waste, people have been fighting lightheadedness, nausea, sore throats, stomach aches, and more. There is too wide a variety of ailments from the recent attacks to identify all of the symptoms or strains of illness, but the folks in Oldale have been handing out pecha berries to everyone in need. The rural areas just outside the town have also donated excess pecha berries to the cause. While some Rangers are taking part of shipping the pecha supply out to needier and remote locations, everyone is welcome to visit Oldale and claim some for themselves.

Now, some people are not fond of the taste of pecha berries. This is especially true for children, who tend to be in the most dire need of the curing berry's impact. I am not a professional baker, but I have a recipe for pecha pastries that can make the berry sweet enough for everyone's palette!

• 1 large egg 
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 6 tablespoons of pecha jam
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • One box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed

Combine the egg, cream cheese, and sugar. Then, mix in your pecha jam. Once you've rolled out your puff pastry and folded into your desired shape, add two heaping spoonfuls of the mixture to the center. You can score the patry or add an egg wash if desired! Then, you'll cook at 400 degrees for about fifteen minutes. I don't recommend trusting a Fuecoco with expediting the cooking process. 

And that's all there is to it! I will be making a few dozen pastries to hand out in Oldale this week while people collect their pecha supply. If you have excess, please share with your neighbors. We are all in this together!

SEASONAL HOROSCOPES

THE GOAT (JANUARY)

This month, you may feel as sturdy as a Steelix! With such hardy determination, take charge of your goals like a Tauros and charge forward with confidence! Your steadfast nature is sure to attract secret admirers.
THE WATER CARRIER (FEBRUARY)

Channel your inner Magikarp this month. Just like this humble Pokemon, you may feel like you're splashing around at times, but remember, with perseverance, you can evolve into a powerful Gyarados! Move away from your whirlpool of helplessness and seize your heart's desires!
THE FISHES (MARCH)

This month your creativity is as boundless as Hoenn's seas. Like a Mantine, embrace your inner Water-type Pokemon and let your ideas soar. Your inspiration will allow you to embrace the beauty of unexpected connections. Perhaps, you'll be the Milotic to your crush rather than a Feebas!
THE RAM (APRIL)

Your spirit continues to burn bright this month. Embrace your leadership skills and blaze a trail toward your goals. If you need to trample things along the way, so be it! The Heatmor doesn't let the Durant's mighty steel stop it from consuming their delicious insides!
THE BULL (MAY)

This month, your love will bloom like a field of Bellossom. Embrace the beauty of romance and let your own heart blossom. Your grounded nature will attract those who desire stability and security.
THE TWINS (JUNE)

Your dual nature is complex, but intriguing. This month try to find harmony in your duality. If you don't, you may find yourself being torn apart like an Eevee debating which Eeveelution to evolve into.
THE CRAB (JULY)

Your nurturing nature will shine warmly to those around you. Embrace your compassionate spirit and spread kindness like a Chansey bestowing its eggs. By doing so, you may find a new, startling connection.
THE LION (AUGUST)

This month is time for your charisma to take center stage. Like a Solgaleo, draw your friends and admirers in. Your confidence will be absolutely irresistible this month. Pokemon will not be immune to your charms as well, so it is a good time to capture new partners!
THE VIRGIN (SEPTEMBER)

Your attention to details will be as precise as an Alakazam's psychic abilities. Channel your inner perfectionist in a powerful way, tackling your tasks with finesse. However, you must be cautious that you do not fixate on one thing entirely, otherwise others may feel dejected.
THE SCALE (OCTOBER)

This month, your balance will be tested. You will encounter challenges to your social life, your career, and even your Pokemon. To navigate these tribulations, learn to lean on someone in your life. There is nothing wrong with not being the mediator or the pillar of support for once.
THE SCORPION (NOVEMBER)

Your intensity will burn like a Houndoom's fiendish flames this month. Embrace your startling passions, but remember to temper it with wisdom and restraint. Otherwise, you may burn bridges as big as Driftveil's Drawbridge.
THE ARCHER (DECEMBER)[break]

Adventure is out there! Try something new. Explore a new part of the region. If you're used to the sea, travel the skies! You may encounter someone special along the way.

MESSAGE FROM THE HBIC

if you'd like to contribute an article for a mini-volume, please dm with your idea or your writing. if approved, your character will earn a monetary reward of 50 PD! thanks to noodles for this idea!

LEAVE US A COMMENT

[blockquote][img src="https://via.placeholder.com/55.png/" style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;"][h1]USERNAME //[/h1]
comment here.
[/blockquote]

[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]

[newclass=".hnntext .dinterview"] font:12px/14px 'Montserrat'; background-color:#1e1e1e; letter-spacing:0.3px; border: 1px solid #2B2B2B; padding: 30px 60px; } .hnntext .dinterview b { font:bold 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; color:#C6413A; } .hnntext .dinterview i { color:#C6413A!important; font-style:italic!important; }.hnntext .dinterview h1 { font:800 25px/20px Poppins; font-style:italic; text-transform:uppercase; color:#C6413A; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]

[newclass=".hnntext .relthreads"] background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.2); padding: 15px; border-radius: 10px; text-align:center; font-family:Poppins; line-height:15px; border:1px solid #1e1e1e; background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .hnntext .relthreads b { font:15px/15px 'Poppins'; color:#C6413A!important; } .hnntext .relthreads a { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:uppercase; } .hnntext .relthreads i { font-family:Poppins; } .hnntext .relthreads u { letter-spacing:0.5px; text-decoration:underline solid #444; font-weight:bold; font-family:Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,773 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
HNN - VOLUME 8 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 6:08:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar

Anonymous//

Wow! Can't wait for my paycheck from the interview! Any day now...!

Am I even allowed to say that on here?
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
HNN - VOLUME 8 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 6:43:03 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar

@galarrgirl

That's my Head Ranger Captain!
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
HNN - VOLUME 8 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 9:34:36 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

DRAGONBORN27 //

congrats , & !!! VCT was a blast!!!!!
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i'm doing this
for you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
i'm doing this for the ones we had to leave behind.
awards
398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
HNN - VOLUME 8 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 10:30:50 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar

@ragingbull85

TRIPLE H BAYBEEEE LETS FUCKING GO 🗣️🗣️🔥🔥🔥💯💯
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
HNN - VOLUME 8 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 20:58:46 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar

ELECTRICDAISY //

it was an honor participating in the vital city tournament
-- ♡ ce fut un honneur de participer au tournoi vital city
and even more of an honor getting to say i beat victorious triple h. ♡
-- ♡ et c'est encore plus un honneur de pouvoir dire que j'ai battu victorious triple h.

but no arsonist or bioterrorist is a friend of mine.
-- ♡ mais aucun pyromane et bioterroriste n’est un de mes amis.
and should be ashamed of themselves.
-- ♡ et devraient avoir honte d'elles-mêmes.

stream my new album 'CTD' on all platformsi love u my electric daisies of desire.
-- ♡ diffuse mon nouvel album 'CTD' sur toutes les plateformes ♡ je t'aime mes marguerites électriques du désir.

kalosian captions sponsored by KALONA©
-- ♡ légendes kalosiennes sponsorisées par KALONA©
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights