Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 10:52:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy’s thankful this problem cropped up after three. Tsubaki’s been let out of class. They have enough time to nip down to the cave, see what’s going on with the rift, and make it home in time for homework. The sheriff has it all worked out. He’ll call in some delivery on the way back. They’ll have a nice night. Maybe can come down with Meloetta and Jirachi for a nice family dinner.[break][break]
You recovering alright, Baki?” He breaks the silence to ask that question. They’ve got a cabal of Pokemon with them today. Voyager lays in the backseat of their truck. Tormund sits on the dashboard. Navy’s new friend looks like a viking king sitting on the front of a longship. Dewford’s police girl, dog, and cat are all together here.[break][break]
Met any guys you like in class yet?” Dewford High’s pretty sparse. Navy counted 50 people in Tsubaki’s class when he dropped her off that first day. Not a big dating pool, but this is a small community. He hopes she’ll find someone outside of him – whether that be a friend or boyfriend.[break][break]
Parker’s doing good, helping me while you’re in school. Way too blunt for what we’re about to do. Hard to match you in wits.” He compliments her so openly. Tormund turns back, regarding the girl with a grin beneath his full gray beard.[break][break]
Har!” Says the warrior with mirth in his belly. They’ll be there soon.[break][break]
Your Pokemon recovered from her fight with Melody?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 3:59:32 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Tsubaki stares out at the countryside.[break][break]

Strangely, the wide open spaces she always abhorred seem to comfort her. Maybe it's the contrast of these last four months traveling into the dark expanse again and again. Maybe she's just getting used to it, some kinda Stockholm Syndrome. In either case, she glances over and lifts her bandaged arm to show Navy as she squeezes her grip slowly over and over, delivering a slight smile.[break][break]

As she does, the serpent curled up in her lap lifts her head, questioning why she's stopped petting her.[break][break]

"Yup, barely even hurts."[break][break]

That's a lie, but you're not gonna concern him with trifling details. [break][break]

He asks about boys. Truthfully, you haven't had much time to think of them these last few months. More important things have been at the forefront of your mind. Either way, it might be bad to tell him you have no interest in some country boy who's gonna live and die in this dead end town. He's rather prideful of his status as its protector.[break][break]

"And nah, no boys. I've only got room for one guy in my life right now."[break][break]

She delivers a smirk with that line, thinking herself so clever.[break][break]

Til she's well on her way to figuring out what to do with all this freedom, she's not got time to mess around. It's funny, how for how much she had desperately sought her freedom all those years, she never once thought about what she'd do when she achieved it. Maybe that's why she's latched onto whatever push he's given her since he granted her wish. Gardening, being a deputy, and being a damn hero. [break][break]

She owes it all to him.[break][break]

"Shion? She'll live, just got a lotta resting up to do. Never seen a pokemon strong enough to stop her before she wears herself out, til that one. Kinda pisses me off, to be honest."[break][break]

She sighs, thinking back to the battle. [break][break]

The fact she's lording that kinda power around, it makes her wanna get stronger. If she had that power, maybe she'd've been able to do more than just watch all these atrocities unfold over and over, unable to do as much as she liked, always on the sidelines, always relegated to a deputy or a bodyguard. [break][break]

She's strong, but 's on another level. [break][break]

Whether that's a level Tsubaki's able to reach... verdict's still out.[break][break]

Sumire in her lap squirms, and raises her head to bump into Tsubaki's good hand. She can sense the change in the girl's emotional state, and averts her attention from that topic, hissing lightly at Navy as she does.[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/eZtuhIh.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/eZtuhIh.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 12:03:26 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

A cat stares down at a snake with a grin. Her subtle hiss of displeasure is met by a subtle edge to his grin. Perrserkers are not named idly. Their nature is one of blood and conflict. Whoever named them named them well. Tormund senses the tension and some part of him prays it will turn to all out war.[break][break]
Sadly, the man to whom he is loyal has other ideas.[break][break]
Too busy chasing older men, huh? Those kinda guys are scummy. Get somebody sweet.” Were she Gabe, he’d finish off by ruffling their hair. Instead, he simply smiles. They’ll figure things out, eventually.[break][break]
For now, they arrive at the brink of something new: a distortion outside the cave. Tourists have been cordoned off. Deputy Dave, jovial, good-natured, terminally balding, waves them away. Seeing the sheriff and his favorite deputy show up takes the weight of the world from his shoulders.[break][break]
Sheriff, thank Arceus.” Navy’s deputy’s hand rests precariously close to his gun when he sees Tormund resting on the sheriff’s shoulders. He rides Navy like a toddler would, long beard tickling his forehead.[break][break]
Don’t shoot my cat, Dave. We’re going in. We’ll figure out what’s going on.” Voyager’s jumped out as well, nuzzling up to Tsubaki without a care in the world for Sumire’s opinion on the matter.[break][break]
Ready, Baki? We’re off to see that poisoned bastard again.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 23:58:28 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Sumire gives the Perserker a side-glance, pretending not to notice while preening. [break][break]

She has no desire to fight this creature. All the Persians and Meowth she fought back in Kanto at the height of some craze about its evolutionary relatives are enough to sate it. Honestly, it's bored of the prospect, even if the form it takes is novel compared to its Kantonian counterparts. All she cares for is ensuring her Master's safety and good health, which the car coming to a halt seems to accomplish.[break][break]

Tsubaki seems eager to change the subject.[break][break]

"Lotta people. I know they don't have much to do around here, but can't they-- h-hey!!"[break][break]

Halfway out of the vehicle and she's already set upon by Voyager. Licking her all over, she's drenched in no time and her glasses have been knocked to the ground before she's even able to push back a little. Sumire curls around her shoulders protectively, but she can't force the giant pokemon back with strength alone.[break][break]

"C-... C'mon, I'm tryin'-- t-to do some important work here!"[break][break]

A Glare by Sumire causes Voyager to reel back for a moment, and Tsubaki's able to at least grab her glasses without them getting stepped on before she's subject to that giant tongue again, over and over.[break][break]

She makes eye contact with Dave as she walks by, a nonplussed expression on her face. She looks like someone dumped a pail of water over her. Without a word, she nods. There's nothing she can say. She just hopes he can hold his laughter long enough for her to get out of earshot. [break][break]

She goes along with Navy.[break][break]

"Dunno how many times I've been down there anymore, but one more couldn't hurt, right?"[break][break]

She glances down at her bandaged hand. [break][break]

By all rights, she really should still be in the hospital. If not for her obstinate refusal to stay and the entire nursing staff being unable to oppose her Arbok, she still would be. But she won't let that slip to Navy. To him, it's not as bad as it seems, and she was discharged early.[break][break]

"Well, then. Let's go."[break][break]

Stepping under the tape, she wipes her face with her sleeve now that Voyager's calmed down a little and settled for just nuzzling her and doting on her.[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/eZtuhIh.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/eZtuhIh.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 18:35:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He wishes that he could keep her back. It would be nice to send her back to the hospital. There, she could get more blood. She could rest more, maybe do her homework.[break][break]
They’ve got work to do. He simply wishes to make a point before they go. They stand together on the edge of the swirling, distorted rift. Navy’s been reading the reports. This has been going on all over the region. Trainers have been slipping in and out of a strange realm.[break][break]
Yet it is not the deep sea. Those waves and that place have nothing to do with this. Indeed, it’s tied to another of Arceus’s children. Glancing over at her, he wants to prove a point before they go in. So, in a way he ordinarily doesn’t, he indulges her.[break][break]
You feel it too, don’t you?” He asks in a grave voice. “Eternatus, calling us down into the sea. I don’t know why he keeps doing that. I don’t know what he wants from us…” He reaches over and gently grabs her by the shoulder. His gray eyes meet her red orbs, powerful enough to conjure fire from the earth.[break][break]
Baki…you don’t gotta go back. Even if he calls you.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 21:45:52 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Is she beholden to the sea? [break][break]

Waves that ripple through dimensions break on the shore and drag her back, over and over again, pulling her down into the icy black so reminiscent of her heart. For l'appel du vide that calls her as no other has, who recognizes her as she truly is, she merely remains adrift. She has never sought that voice once of her own volition. It is not a return for the sake of some capricious entity, not fate nor her destiny. There is no longing to return, nor sense of duty to confront that which lies at the bottom of the rift.[break][break]

No, the sea is primordial. [break][break]

It has existed forever and it shall outlive them. [break][break]

To trifle with something beyond them all is a mistake, for they are motes of dust with no consequence. They cannot venture to guess the whims of the sea. This may simply be the dreams of a long-slumbering God, playing at cosmic ripples along the surface like stones skipping along the surface of a pond. They fall, inevitably, when their trajectory slows and they are swallowed by the murky deep.[break][break]

That is all it is.[break][break]

A force of nature, like gravity. [break][break]

She simply falls, for she has stopped resisting the pull of the deep. She has stopped swimming. [break][break]

"It's nothing like that. I just don't want others to fall into the deep, like me. I know how to navigate it. You could call me an expert. So, I'm here. That's my reason."[break][break]

She says that.[break][break]

But she knows. The intoxication of the light, the moment she becomes whole again with the part of her left in the deep, there is a chance she will not remain so lucid and sensible. The dreamlike quality of the sea is overwhelming, drawing forth so freely the venom that corrodes her heart. She cannot promise to herself to contain this desire, and therein lies the problem.[break][break]

She must confront everything that she is in doing so.[break][break]

"I worry about others who would go through the same ordeals. I can stand it. I'm strong. But they may not be, so it's better if I go. That's it. That's all it comes down to."[break][break]

She is a voluntary sacrifice, a young maiden falling to the sea to sate the demands of a God. Like a girl in fairy-tales she was told as a child, who dove for Clampearl... [break][break]

Hating to see others consumed by the void-tide...[break][break]

Is it selfless compassion? Or greed, a mounting desire to be the sole object of the void's affection?[break][break]

"Why the concern now, anyway? You already brought me here."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 21:52:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s just my nature to ask those kinds of questions. Come on, Baki. He’s waiting.” Brave Tormund and steely Navy are the first to step through the breach. There’s an airless moment where he can’t breathe. Trapped between two words, tumbling for somewhere in primordial nothingness.[break][break]
The moment ends. They are somewhere far different. Instead of the pitch black sea, they’re in a strange, distorted universe. Looking off to the left and right, it appears as if they are in a hall of mirrors. There are dozens of other Navys and Tsubakis making this journey. He can’t see his own face from here. Tormund chuckles at the sight of other Perrserkers.[break][break]
Huh. Look at that. We’re not in the Deep Sea. Looks like we’re somewhere else. Ain’t it weird you felt the way you did, just for us to end up here?” His smile is leading. Maybe it’ll lead her to the right conclusion. Either way, he looks behind them. The way out is barred. They’re trapped here until they can find another exit or the master of this place grows tired of them.[break][break]
Well, no way ahead but forward. Haven’t ran into any Pokemon in here, the last time or two I got thrown into this place.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 22:07:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu2"]
[attr="class","star1tsu2"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu2"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu2"]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]For all her denial, it is telling that her anticipation builds. [break][break]

As she grows closer to the void she can feel it building, the familiar sensation she always gets of something watching her from beyond the threshold. A thousand disembodied eyes piercing through her, stripping her bare. She longs for it, to be seen in a way that nobody has ever seen her before, a feeling she can only receive there at the bottom of the void-sea. [break][break]

It almost excites her. [break][break]

By the time she touches the portal she is eager to once again become one with the void.[break][break]

The familiar sensation of being flipped upside-down and inside-out all at once, and she is here. [break][break]

She opens her eyes to behold the flesh and blood of her God, only for there to be nothing of the sort. She balks, in disbelief, instantly looking at Navy with scorn and betrayal.[break][break]

"—What...?"[break][break]

Her mind races, and Sumire hisses in response to her elevated heart rate, constricting around her a little tighter. But she doesn't focus on the body draped around her neck. It doesn't matter. Instead she just stares a hole through Navy.[break][break]

"What's that mean? What did you do?"[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu2"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu2"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu2"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/rJHGGuv.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/rJHGGuv.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 20:10:48 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I didn’t do anything.” He reaches into his scarf, pulls out a cigar from underneath. Looking around them, his gunmetal eyes survey the landscape. They’re adrift in another forlorn sea. The first one was novel. He hates how numb he is to this place. After Galar and the hellish landscapes of ultra space, his heart has hardened.[break][break]
Your mind did all the work.” Reaching down, he strikes up a match and lights up. Instead of trailing up and off into the sky, as the laws of physics demand, the smoke droops down towards the ground. It gathers at their feet like a thin fog before dispersing all around them.[break][break]
You think He cares about us, huh? That we’re special? Not just two flies that buzz around His head? That thinking will get us killed.” He promised her father he’d look after her. He promised that he would do everything in his power to educate the young and foolish. Some lessons are hard, especially for the young.[break][break]
I keep my promises, Silph.[break][break]
I ever tell you the story of ?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 4:01:09 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]She stares at him blankly. There's a dangerous look in her eye as she processes his words.[break][break]

"... The hell's wrong with you?"[break][break]

She asks him, finally. [break][break]

The groans of the landmass beneath them interrupt the suddenly tense atmosphere. As sky islands break away, twist, as waterfalls fall upwards and gravity loses all meaning, she remains with her feet planted firmly on the ground. [break][break]

It seems like she's the one who hasn't lost her mind this time.[break][break]

"The Gym Leader? I don't care. They can keep to their business, I'll keep to mine."[break][break]

She lowers herself to the ground and stares out at the desolate landscape. It's fitting. [break][break]

You can't trust anybody in this world, can you? You're all alone, and will be forever.[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/rJHGGuv.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/rJHGGuv.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 5:57:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The ground breaks around him, but never enough to send the sheriff tumbling into the distorted skyline. His own feet remain firmly planted on the ground. This is when she needs him the most. He’s got a point to make, and they have all the time in the world.[break][break]
The guy thought he was something he wasn’t.” He says in no uncertain terms, following after her with Tormund in tow. “Baki, I see the look in your eyes when the sea comes up. Every time I take you down there, you get…funny.” Strange, like she’s some prophet of a skeletal god.[break][break]
At first I believed it. I was scared. I thought Eternatus had some hold on you. The more I learned about you, the more I realized…” His eyes raise up and meet hers. “…it’s all in your head, Baki. Eternatus doesn’t notice us. He doesn’t call to you. Remember how you got? Right before we came in here? Don’t you think you’d have realized sooner we weren’t going into his guts if there was something more going on?”[break][break]
A pause while he savors his cigar, the sole pleasure he has in this distorted realm.[break][break]
You have to keep your head on straight, Baki. You’re not Gabe. You’re Tsubaki. I still don’t want to lose you. If you keep getting like that when we go through the rift – all crazy like, you’re gonna get yourself killed.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 6:12:13 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]She sits there, looking at a particularly interesting tree floating in the distance. [break][break]

It doesn't seem like she hears him at all at first, until finally...[break][break]

"But, I did hear it."[break][break]

She sounds so dejected. Like she's a child who's been told Santa Claus isn't real, she really seems like a kid in this moment. The kid she actually is, so matter how wise beyond her years she is in so many different ways. [break][break]

She pulls off her glasses and wipes her face with her sleeve before she continues.[break][break]

"I always hear it. [break][break]

"Ever since you took me to live on that island, I hear it. Doesn't matter where I am. Rushing in my ears like waves, whispering my name. A heartbeat. It's like I'm being watched, by the hollow skeleton that stared straight through me back in-- back in that dream at the Ancient Tomb."
[break][break]

She stops short of calling it anything more than a dream. Reality isn't something you wake up from, isn't something that just disappears. [break][break]

The regret seems to calm her a little, and she settles back on that point out of spite, venom in her voice now.[break][break]

"... You're the one who wanted me to live there with you, weren't you!?" [break][break]

She outburst makes her Arbok coil around her tighter.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 6:28:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yeah, I do! I do want you to live with me, Baki.” He admits with more heat in his voice than he would like. “I wanna watch you grow up! I wanna watch you find what makes you happy! I wanna see you run circles around some hopeless guy as you two fall in love! I wanna be there for your wedding! Baki! Listen to me! Eternatus doesn’t notice you! He doesn’t notice any of us! We’re just flies buzzing around his ear!” He tries so hard to get through to her, hoping the message will reach some part of her.[break][break]
What do you think’s gonna happen to you down there?! One of these trips, you’re gonna poison yourself bad. What if Freya or I aren’t there to bail you out?! I need you, Baki! I love you like the sister I always wish I had!Or the daughter lost to me.[break][break]
Please get what I’m trying to say! That dragon, Eternatus, is our enemy…but it doesn’t care about us. You had twenty years to play around with that. Nothing ever happened! Don’t you get how lucky you are?! Most people don’t get that kind of second chance! You’ve got to move on, Baki!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 18:49:29 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]She's quiet in response to his words. [break][break]

There's nothing she can say. [break][break]

She's been reckless, throwing herself at danger, getting so wrapped up in delusion she's lost the plot. All that is true, and yet... [break][break]

"... Fine, I get it."[break][break]

She sighs deeply. [break][break]

There's no point arguing. She understands his concern. He's seen her fall into her delusions one too many times.[break][break]

Maybe it's true. Maybe she's gotta turn back before she's too far gone. And yet, she can't deny her feelings. She witnessed God in the midst of a dream, and in the 20 year long dream that followed, she swore He saw her back. [break][break]

What comes next, in a scenario like that? Must she deny her truth, recant what she believes in order to assure him?[break][break]

"I'm not stupid. I know it's no good. But, even if this is bad for me... I wanna keep searching for answers."[break][break]

She pulls down her sleeve and holds out her hand. It's bandaged to the elbow, where skin was torn from her body the last time they ventured into the sea. It's a symbol of that very same struggle, so she thinks.[break][break]

"Even if I'm scarred. Even if I'm burnt, melted down. I don't care. It's no concern. [break][break]

"It's like a forbidden fruit. Delicious, but toxic. This knowledge poisons you, consumes you for the rest of your life. I dunno what the outcome will be, but... the poison's already coursing through me, so I can't turn my back on it. I need it. I can't live without it. And the only place I can go to get it is the bottom of the sea."
[break][break]

Her voice is dreamy as she speaks about it. Detached, but not in the same way he's seen before. [break][break]

She isn't parted from reality as she says these things. She's perfectly lucid. [break][break]

Instead she's simply speaking of the sea as a lover she's pining for.[break][break]

"... Well, no. That's a lie." [break][break]

She stops, and turns to Navy. [break][break]

"I mean, it's true, but... that's not the reason."[break][break]

It's hard for her to speak suddenly, like her voice is caught in her throat. But she forces herself.[break][break]

"... Cause it's easy, I guess. You can be who you are down there. The past doesn't define you, and there's no future you're beholden to. It's a different world, where everything here doesn't matter. I don't wanna confront what I've done, and I'm scared of what I have to do to make it right. Because it's there, because it's an easy way to feel like you have meaning. Because it's an easy escape. [break][break]

"I'd rather throw myself at the sea over and over than confront living like a normal person. Because I don't know how to do that. That's why I keep Falling, I think."
[break][break]

She offers him a weak smile, but there's nothing to really smile about. [break][break]

Aside from baring her soul to him, nothing good has come of this. It feels like her heart is about to crumple in on itself, for being seen for the first time. [break][break]

She wishes she could take it back.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Hollow Forest [M]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 0:25:02 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

You have to look to the future, Baki. Past doesn’t have to define you. You can always make a decision here and now that leads to a better tomorrow.” He skips across floating rocks like a stone across a pond, following after her. He’ll catch up. He’ll keep her safe.[break][break]
When your head’s on straight, you’re the only one I can trust out of the deputies. You’re the strongest. A natural with your poison pokemon.” He looks off into the distance once more. Red eyes seem to gaze at him impassively from time to time, only to turn their attention elsewhere. He’s never told anyone this.[break][break]
My dad…he used to hurt me. I’d come home late. He’d be drunk. We’d get in a fight. He’d say I wasn’t man enough or something. One time…”[break][break]
He balls his hands up into fists.[break][break]
Got a shitty little job, back when they were still around. Didn’t pay much, but I saved up. Bought myself a guitar. Nice, cherrywood finish. A classic. Somethin’ you’d say on the wall of a real rockstar. Dad saw me strumming it. Grabbed it. Smashed it against a wall. Said it was a waste of time and money…”[break][break]
I used to wish I was special, too. I wished Rayquaza would fly down, say I was someone. Take me up, fly me off. Take me somewhere far away from everything. That ain’t how the world works, Baki. You gotta get somewhere yourself.”[break][break]
He tries not to cry at the old pain. It’s hard. Damn hard.[break][break]
Just be you. That’s all. You can be better. You can be normal. Just gotta try. Don’t end up like me. Please.

[break][break]