only hope

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 14:54:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
just like at work, rory seems relatively unfazed before their dinner date, not allowing his nerves to get the better of him.

a vinyl plays in the background as he moves around the house, busy with making the final prepations. a table and two chairs have been set up on the balcony, allowing them to eat with the dimming view of lilycove and the ocean.

eventually, the doorbell rings, and he's off to greet his date.

the door swings open.

"willa."

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:11:45 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
For the first time in a very long time, Willa is actually a bit nervous. Despite her natural bravado, and acting like she had BDE, she was actually quite vulnerable on the inside.

So when she shows up to the date, she's dressed in a nice dress shirt, pinstripe dress pants, and her hair tied up into a ponytail.

She didn't want to under-dress, but she also didn't want to over-dress, either.

She smiles at him and holds up the bottle of wine she had brought - one that her son had questioned about her relentlessly, because "mum, that's your best bottle - wiggling it a bit. "Rory." She replies, peering behind him. "May I come in?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 15:52:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
like her, the outfit he picks is nice enough for a date but not too nice. he's dressed in a nice dress shirt that's rolled up to his elbows and dress pants.

"you look beautiful, willa."

with a smile, he steps to the side, inviting her in.

"of course."

the inside of his home reflects how it looks from the outside: clean, modern, spacious, and comfortable. the flames burning in the fireplace off to the side helps with that.

"i see you brought your best bottle."

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:24:37 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
"I said I would." Willa smiles up at him and tucks a stray hair, before holding the bottle out to him. "Thank you by the way. You look very handsome, as well." She looks over his outfit, reaching out to fix his collar. She brushes her hand gently over the lapel and smiles, nodding.

"I like your shirt." She murmurs, before passing him. She slips off her shoes and tucks them neatly to the side so she doesn't disrupt his space, and looks around. "Your home is lovely."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:47:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"you did."

rory reaches for the bottle, accepting it with a smile. he stills when she fixes his collar, dipping his head to express his gratitude after. it's a sweet gesture and it draws him in even more.

"thank you." he peers down at his shirt quickly before following after her, soon stepping into the kitchen to finish preparing their food. it won't take him that long; just plating left, really. "just wait until you see the balcony."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:49:46 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa smiles and follows him into the kitchen, peering at the food that he's made, eyes going a bit wide. "You cooked?" She smiles and sniffs a bit, sighing contently.

"It smells delicious... I would have just ordered. I'm absoloutely rubbish at cooking." She laughs at herself before resting her hands on the counter. "That being said... Is there anything I can do to help?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 17:26:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
the lid over the pot is removed, placed off to the side while he reaches a wooden spoon in to stir.

"well, i suppose it's a good thing i love to cook." he laughs, opening a drawer to pull out plates. "no, i'm almost all done here. but maybe you could help with the drinks?"

he gestures over to the large wine cooler that's built into the wall along with the fridge right next to it before returning to finish plating.

soon, he picks up the two plates and turns, approaching her with a smile.

"i wasn't sure what you liked so i played it safe. it's wild mushroom risotto."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:06:20 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
As he points out the wine cooler, Willa nods and goes over to it, opening it up to grab some wine glasses for them. The wine she brought was a deep red wine, which would go well with the risotto.

"I love mushrooms. And risotto is delicious, so I’m sure I’ll love it." She smiles as she heads out onto the balcony with the glasses. Oh, he really did have a nice view. And the set up was pleasant… and he had even put a record on.

A man who remembers things; attractive as hell.

She pops the wine cork and pours the glasses to the halfway point, knowing full well that she would be able to drink half if not more of the bottle through the night.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:44:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
of course he remembers. it's what has been distracting him since they last saw each other at the hot springs; not enough to be a problem at work, of course, but enough that he caught himself thinking about her a few times.

he places the plates down in front of them before stepping over to pull her chair out.

"i didn't forget anything, did i?"

good food, a vinyl, and the cool gentle breeze of lilycove.

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:49:22 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
"Not a thing." Willa smiles softly, looking at all her specifications - but this was also for him, too. What part of himself had he put into this?

"What's something you'd enjoy that I can add to the atmosphere?" She gestures. "You have all my favourites, it only seems fair. This is your night, too." She smiles at him, sitting down.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:35:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
in all honesty, these are also his favorites, so it's hard to think of anything else to add. still, he tries, and looks out at the lights of lilycove for a moment as he sits.

"it's been a while since i last had one, but..."

he looks back at her.

"do you have a smoke?"

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:39:14 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
"Only for emergencies. In my purse." Willa smiles softly and tilts her head, watching him closely.

"Are you a smoker, then?" She asks, crossing her legs. It's a silent permission for him to get her purse - to go into it. She doesn't have anything to hide in there. And even if she did, he's seen her enough times with wounds and broken bones to know she's not the best at staying out of trouble.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 19:47:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
with a soft smile, he nods, then reaches for her purse to gently sift through it.

"not usually, no."

the pack flips open, and soon a cigarette is lit between his lips. he inhales, exhales, relishing the burn before offering it to her.

"but i find it more enjoyable when in the right company."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 22:02:50 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa smiles as he slides her his line and raises an eyebrow, watching him for a moment. When the cigarette is offered to her, she leans forward and just takes a drag of it from his fingers, leaving behind a light ring of lipstick — her puff delicate and deliberate.

She releases the plume of smoke and watches it curl away. "Guilty pleasures are always the best kind, I suppose. My son made me cut back, so I only have one once in a blue moon…" She smirks a bit. "Being on my first date in a very long time? I would count that as a blue moon situation."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
only hope
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 10:16:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
smoke trails away, fading into the night.

"yeah? i should count my blessings, then."

he smirks, bringing the cigarette back to his lips.

"it's been a long time for me, too. i haven't really considered it since work keeps me so busy."