awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 15:33:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Sauna rooms were an automatic pass for him.

He’d seen how those places could literally bake someone alive if the temperature inside got hot enough.

So, in the end, Lars would end up booking another private hot spring for the guest he was waiting for this evening. And as always…

There was tequila!

While it wasn’t the fancy-ass tequila they had the last time, this one was sourced from another faraway region, and had quite the bite (what the hell is the Pokéverse equivalent of Jose Cuervo anyway) to its taste.

And it had been a while since he’d had it.

There were two bottles of it—one for himself, and one for the sea captain.

No shot glasses, bitches, we’re drinking straight from the bottle!

So there he was, sitting knee-deep on the side of the open-air hot springs once again, waiting for her to show up.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 22:36:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skycaptain"]

When the good ol' captain enters the hot springs, and specifically where she'd agreed to meet with her best spiky friend, she does it nearly at breakneck speed; stumbling over her steps in a rush to get to the water.

The only reason she doesn't dive straight in is because she'd probably hit her head on the bottom. And while she'd probably be okay given her newly acquired watery powers, she doesn't know that - not yet. Plus, getting concussions was a painful endeavor that Skyler would much rather not repeat. Her single braincell was struggling enough as it was.

So obviously, she ends up splashing Lars on her way in; and only after she's as much as submerged in steaming water do her clothes hit the edge of the pool, completely soaked through.

"Please tell me you've got some booze, spiky. That's the only way I'll survive Lavaridge. This place sucks."

E|pmgejr
957/1000

[newclass=.skycaptain] [/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain b] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain i] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 16:08:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

So there he was, mulling over shit in the back of his mind before what appeared to be a sudden tidal wave made its unexpected appearance—

He had to twist away in order to avoid getting dunked, but ultimately the ‘tidal wave’ of water that drenched him had him snarking.

“Geezus, woman, why’re you in such a hurry?” he drawled as he (mercifully) was able to keep one of the several towels he brought with him dry.

“Of course I have the tequila, idiota, why’d you think I forget the most important thing to bring while waiting for you?” he added with a snarky bark of laughter.

Now that he was drenched literally from head to toe… he ran a hand through his drenched hair and shoved it back.

“Get out of there and come get the tequila, you silly,” he continued as he held out one of the two bottles of the promised alcohol, waiting for her to take it and obviously averting his gaze since he’d seen clothes fly out and land on one edge of the hot springs proper, soaked thoroughly.

BLvgadGD
remaining: 986

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 20:22:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Lars doesn't have to wait for long before Skyler's hand shoots out to grab the offered bottle, a thankful smile resting on her lips.

Beneath her usually vibrant eyes rest two twin splotches of deep purple - and should one look closely they'd see the uncharacteristically ashen hue of her sun-kissed skin. 

Impervious to any sort of propriety or decorum, the disrobed captain takes a generous gulp of tequila - barely tasting it - and melts back against the edge of the warmed pool with a sigh.

"Lavaridge," she growls out after some color has come back to her cheeks, "is too damn far away from the ocean."

Its only saving grace, in her opinion, were the hot springs. 

"Verdanturf wasn't nearly as bad." Last time she'd been there - coincidentally in Lars' house - she'd felt tired, drained. Bereft of her usual strength. 

Not so different from how she'd felt before taking the pool for herself. Fortunately water seemed to help, no matter its source.

HjxJaBVB
890/1000

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 18:55:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the other weight had been taken and the splashing noise indicated that it was safe to look again, he returned his attention to his own tequila bottle and swilled it around for a few moments.

“Well, it’s right next to a fucking active volcano, which is like totally the opposite of where you—we, hilariously—thrive at,” he hummed as he took another drink to calm himself down.

He then noted that there were dark circles under her eyes, and he turned to face her.

“Like, are you alright? You got eye bags where there normally aren’t any. Been getting enough sleep, I hope?” he asked, concern tilting into his voice.

6Ycpd|Kp
remaining: 928

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 14:24:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler casually waves away Lars' concern, sinking further into the water until only her head remains emerged. "Just give me a minute or two. I'll be fine." And color does seem to leech back into her cheeks, although her skin still retains an ashen complexion.

A heavy sigh escapes the sailor as she settles against the warmed rocks behind her, eyes fluttering closed for some seconds.

"I've been sleeping fine, it's just - this place." She wets her lips with tequila, basking in the familiar burn. "Too damn far away from the ocean." She's far more connected to it than she'd first realized, so much so that keeping away from its depths appeared to... weaken her in some sense. "It's like I'm a fucking mermaid or something."

At least she hadn't grown gills or anything. Angelo would've laughed his ass off.

Silver eyes peek open to glance at Lars. Thankfully they were all by themselves in the hot springs. Even so, when Skyler speaks it comes out quiet and hushed. "How d'you deal with it? The heat?"

DLQ|k9TA
862/1000

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 16:48:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

As for how he dealt with the heat?

“Well, I’ll tell you now someone isn’t amused at this heat,” he remarked with a bit of a smirk as he took another drink from the bottle.

Right then and there he could hear someone screeching all manner of profanities—some of them he didn’t want to know what they meant—before taking another drink.

“Normally, I’m adverse to the heat—this was even before I met the deity. Now that we’re, well, you know, a part of each other I guess, my aversion to the heat only got worse,” he hummed with a smirk, blotting out the screaming in the back of his mind so he could relax for a few moments.

“Well, you practically grew up with the ocean in your backyard—I mean, it should be normal for you. However… you still look a little pale,” he remarked.

He wondered…

“Does he know about this?” he gestured.

“About you—you know, going all weird and stuff.”

HFvwoCMY
remaining: 875

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2021 13:20:34 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Despite being adverse to the heat, Lars still seemed to be coping with it fairly well, or at least seemingly better than Skyler herself with the creeping exhaustion that hit her every time she moved away from shore.

"I don't feel too good whenever I lose sight of the ocean." The words are nearly whispered, careful not to reach foreign ears. "It feels... wrong. Exhausting. Don't think I'll come back to the Lavaridge soon." Maybe she'll have to talk to about some sort of business partnership, getting her parcels to locations further inland.

"It's a pain in the butt to be honest."

Only the water that lapped at her exposed skin seemed to help somewhat, momentarily removing the signs of exhaustion from under her eyes and bringing healthy splashes of pink to her cheeks - though that might've been the heat too. And though she didn't have the same kind of connection to her legendary that Lars did, dread settled like lead within her ribcage anytime she had to travel inland.

The farther she went from the ocean, the less she felt like herself. Devoid of strength. Lethargic.

Skyler tilted her head back with laughter at Lars' question, before turning her quicksilver eyes to peer at him. "Yeah, he was the first to know about me being weird." She wet her lips with the taste of tequila, appreciating the slow burn as it descended her throat before continuing. "Kinda hard not to when the Sotally Tober's pipes kept bursting..."

zwNsvADk
854/1000

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 20:49:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of exploding water pipes, he had to do a double-take.

“Wait, wait—what? Explodingwater pipes?!” he hissed, looking around and making sure that there was nobody else even if they were the only two people steaming in the hot springs at this time.

“You’re still looking awfully pasty, but there’s some color coming back to your cheeks at least,” he added a few moments afterward.

And then, he remembered something…

“…cazzo, was this why you bailed so soon, after we finished the carbonara?”

voo9HuFC
remaining: 853

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 20:23:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's eyes widen at Lars' hiss, looking around herself for any peeping toms or anyone else who might be nearby and in hearing distance. Finding neither, she allows herself to fall back against the water, looking utterly nonplussed about having possibly flashed anyone in the vicinity. "Scream it from the rooftops, why don't you," is what she ends up hissing to Lars, letting a hand slide down her face in exasperation.

Remaining silent for a couple of breaths while her heartbeat slows down, Skyler abruptly takes the tequila bottle to her lips for a large, fortifying gulp of the alcoholic beverage. Only when it settles back does the sailor speak. "Yeah, I wasn't feeling too well. I'm still not sure how it works. I just know that whenever I leave the ocean behind..."

She doesn't need to point out the slightly ashen complexion of her face or the dark circles that persist under her eyes regardless of how much rest she's had. "This happens."

The ship captain was still testing out the limits of her powers, sometimes with near catastrophic consequences. "... and yeah, water pipes." 

Making sure there's no one around, Skyler subtly flicks her finger. In response, a small jet of water rises from the surface to hit Lars square in the face.

let's turn up the heat
9jljiwQR
737/1000

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 20:32:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You idiota, I already kept it down as much as possible,” he hissed back as he grabbed his bottle of tequila once more and took his own drink.

At the mention of what she was capable of, his eyebrows met.

After taking a considerable drink, he held the bottle in one of his hands, before his eyebrows went up ever so slowly.

“So, basically… you’re like one of those nereids?” he clarified. “Can’t stray too far from the water otherwise bad shit happens? he confirmed.

Because if it was—and his suspicions were confirmed—there was going to be potential trouble.

“Asides from , who else knows?” he added quietly.

ZAgA95VS
remaining: 708

·
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 16:20:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The mention of nereids and Lars comparing her to one has Skyler snorting inelegantly, which almost causes the tequila that had been in her mouth to rise up to her nose.

Coughing slightly to dislodge the liquid from places it shouldn't ever been in, Skyler takes another gulp of the tequila, barely tasting it.

"Razz knows. He visited the Sotally Tober immediately after the raid because he saw me get swallowed by a - whale." Another gulp. "Anyway, he caught me red-handed trying to-" And Skyler did a few vague motions with her arms.

Beneath them, the water moves around in barely-there waves. "Other than you three, no one that I'm aware of. I'm sure others have suspicions." Such as or , but she couldn't be sure.

n4y0dFva
644/1000

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 18:17:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of Razz’s name, he let out a sigh of—holy shit, wait.

He couldn’t raise his personal suspicions, however—

“Whoa,” he remarked as he held his hands out to stop the water from hitting him. Upon contact with his own skin, the water began to freeze, before it bloomed into a completely random shape that was out of his control.

At the mention of ‘whale’, though, his eyebrows met.

“Sky, I don’t think it’s just any kind of whale that ate you… I know Wailord are stupid big, but doing that?” he inclined his head at the ‘waterbending’ attempt. He had a suspicion, but—

Lowering his voice, he whispered the next words so softly it was almost non-existent (unless she could read lips at close range).

“Was it Kyogre.”

YkaZnbjQ
remaining: 632

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 18:35:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"'Course it was." The casualness of her statement is utterly at odds with the subject at hand. As if to heighten the contrast, Skyler follows the brief confirmation with a noncomittal shrug.

To be fair, she'd been right by its teeth - and had been holding the entirely of the Blue Orb in her hand. She would've been surprised it if hadn't gobbled her up or snacked on her.

"Nice reflexes, by the way." A mischievous grin curls her lips, lopsided, as she considers the Head Ranger from behind the curved surface of a tequila bottle. With another flick of her finger, another small jet of water is aimed at Lars. 

At least she wasn't accidentally bursting pipes this time.

"Arti talks to you a lot, doesn't it?"

She'd never heard words from Kyogre - only a primal sentience as vast and unknowable as the ocean. 

HA4D868k
619/1000

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
tequila [sauna]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 19:39:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

With the incoming jet of water, this time he’s much faster—blocking it with his free hand as he’s busy taking a drink of tequila.

Moments after making contact with his skin, the same water froze. Once he’d put the bottle down, he looked over at her.

“You have no idea how noisy they can get at times,” he said with a smirk—and then at the exact same time he heard a sarcastic laughter ringing in the back of his mind.

“They just laughed at me. Sarcastically. But they know it’s true,” he added with a chuckle and another drink from his bottle.

“What about you? You—you’re not getting anything at all? No words, no nothing?”

oiay8Ib7
remaining: 617

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights