awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 16:45:55 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

another day off. she'd given roman the same. at first, it had been an attempt for her to get the boy to willingly spend some quality time with her. she'd asked him out to his aunt grace's farm for her end-of-season berry picking, but he'd not-so-politely opted out and left her with a bitter taste in her mouth. the words fine, i'll go by myself, as if that proves anything to anyone. 

she brings a basil plant tucked under her arm and hands it to grace with a kiss on her cheek. the elderly woman smiles and hands her a basket in return. 

"good wishes to you as well, my dear," she says and willow smiles. grace is about the only other person who knows the language of flowers, hence willow's closeness to her, and her 'auntie' status despite not being a blood relative. 

"no roman today?" she asks and willow sighs. "ah, give the boy time. he'll come around eventually. you ought to have had a daughter. would've saved you a lot of headaches." she chuckles as willow rolls her eyes and brushes past her with a wave. 

usually she can stay and chat with grace about her woes, but she's still high-strung after roman's disappearance. getting away from the house and out in the fields, she thought, ought to do her some good.

so she picks in almost-silence, humming to herself as she examines vines and plucks the juiciest blackberries she can find.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 10:28:58 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"can you reach that?"

he watches his clefairy attempt to reach up to pluck a berry off its tree only to come up very short. he's not too sure why she tried, but it's cute to watch her flail her arms up in the air. she even hops a little; not that it takes her far off the ground, however.

"want my help?"

the clefairy puffs her cheeks, pouting slightly before accepting defeat. she nods, then looks up at the nanab berry that hangs so close yet so far away from her.

smiling, lance steps forward and plucks it free with ease.

"here."

the clefairy hops with joy and accepts it before looking to their left. she points.

"hm?"
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 20:36:05 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

she pops a couple of them in her mouth, tasting this vine's particular crop. she's not only grabbing ripe ones for eating as is, but some that are a bit over - juicy and a little bit squishy. perfect for the couple of pies she wants to bake. she'll put out some of the slices alongside her garlands over the weekend. 

she's so lost in thought, however, that she startles when she peers through one of the bushes and finds a pokemon staring right back at her. a hand goes to her chest, but she relaxes when she realizes it's a trainer's pokemon, and not a territorial critter from the garden.

she stands and finds said trainer just on the other side of the row of bushes. "oh. sorry about that. didn't mean to intrude. i didn't even notice." she laughs softly and hefts the berry basket on her hip. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 7:53:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
the little clefairy pokes her head through the bushes, peering at the other trainer with curiosity. she remains there at the moment, enjoying the shade and the feeling of the leaves brushing against her sides.

"oh, don't worry about it. you're not intruding at all."

his smile holds strong even through the row of bushes.

"i'm lance."
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 19:34:35 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

small talk is something she's not good at. now, you'd think so, with how much she can chatter with her customers when they stop by, but there's a difference between discussion amongst strangers and familiars. those who visit her flower shop have come for years

so she hefts the berry basket and expects the chance meeting to slide, for them to turn their backs and continue their picking in their own ways, but then he looks warmly at her and gives her his name. 

she repays him in kind with, "willow," and then, feeling like she has to say more, adds, "i swear grace's soil has magical properties. all the berries are delicious." she pauses. "do you come often? i don't think i've seen you before."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 9:33:45 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"huh. maybe that's why clefairy likes coming here so much."

speaking of, the fairy-type pokes her head back out, this time carrying with her a single apricorn. she holds it up to lance almost proudly before turning to look up at willow.

"this is willow. she's a friend."

and after a nod from lance, clefairy extends her little paws up towards willow, offering her the apricorn berry.

"not too often, no. but we just might now."
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 16:22:16 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

it's mostly certainly why the clefairy enjoys coming here. no doubt the fairy-type is put at ease surrounded by a garden tilled with love and care. she's taken care of enough dual grass-fairy clients to know that they have a sort of mystic connection with the greenery and earth around them. she'd assume their mono-typed cousins are, to some extent, the same. 

she crouches down to the clefairy's level when it offers her an apricorn. the fae are whimsical things and so she grabs a juicy berry from her own basket to offer as a trade. 

"you should. it's relaxing for a lot of pokemon," she says as the fairy warbles at the trade. 

she places the apricorn in her basket and shifts it to her other arm. she'd been so absorbed in picking, she hadn't realized how heavy it had gotten.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 16:28:24 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
the trade is first met with a giggle but the clefairy soon accepts it, swapping her apricorn for the juicy berry. she holds it close to her chest, hugging it as she turns back to lance.

"there's a nice spot just outside lilycove as well that's really relaxing. near the safari zone. it's where most of my pokemon like to relax."

that, and the beach a few minutes away from his house. his water-types tend to prefer it.

noticing her basket, he offers his hand.

"would you like to share a basket? except i don't really have much in mine."
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 17:02:52 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"oh?" she's genuinely intrigued. she bites her lip though and gives a bit of a nervous laugh. it's not something she tends to talk about, but, "i've, uh, never been to lilycove." she hasn't seen most of the region, for that matter. her family never had much money to begin with and she's a notorious home body so even day trips around the region have never appealed to her. 

it's still embarrassing. 

she looks down at the basket and then thinks oh, why not? and hands it to him gratefully. 

"thanks. i'm making some cobblers tonight. just putting that out there so you don't think i'm crazy for picking several pounds of berries."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 10:53:15 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"you're not missing out on much," he shrugs off the thought and whatever embarassment it might've carried. he doesn't even register it. "the routes before the city are nice, though."

taking the basket, he immediately feels just how heavy it is and laughs in response.

"ah. that clears that up."

he peers down at the basket.

"cobblers for a...party? i really don't know how much a recipe uses."
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 15:41:31 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

she appreciates the blasé reaction, even if she doesn't know how to say it. her skin's thick enough where judgment doesn't often bother her, but this is nice. he's nice. 

"well, your little paradise still sounds lovely." 

she laughs alongside him and then shakes her head. "no. i don't get to bake often, but when i do, it's a whole thing. i'll be giving away most of them, but some i'll put up for sale." 

she crouches back down, closer to the vines, because she might as well work while they talk. "i run a flower shop up in fallarbor. well, a flower shop and a rehabilitation clinic for grass-types." she stands, drops a handful of blackberries in the basket. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 14:43:50 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"it is. i'll take you, if you ever visit."

the offer comes easily, unhindered and free.

when she crouches down, he joins her as well, helping.

"will you save some for me?"

cobbler, he means.

"i'm staying in fallarbor for a few nights while on assignment. i'll be sure to stop by."
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 17:03:58 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

is he...? a couple of berries fumble out of her hands. her brain goes on the fritz for a moment, thinking, that sounds really nice actually and he is really handsome and should i tell him i have a kid? and what will bo think? 

and it's at that last thought that her stomach drops, that she thinks, not fair, and stands, berries back in her palm. she drops them in the basket and offers lance a warm smile - heartfelt, truly. 

"i'll be sure to set some aside. atkins' arrangements," she says. "ask just about anyone in fallarbor and they'll be able to tell you where we are." pride shines in her voice, in her eyes.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 14:08:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
flirting? yes, he is.

the warmth in her smile radiates with him. he returns one of his own, nodding as he drops a few berries into the basket as well. his fingers briefly brush against hers.

"i'll ask for the best flower shop in town."

it's then that he feels a tap on his leg. he looks down to see his clefairy peering up at him with her wide eyes. she holds the juicy berry from earlier up at him.

"hm? oh."

he kneels down, placing the basket on the ground momentarily to reach for her berry. after taking a small bite out of it, he gives the rest of the berry back to clefairy.

"it's okay. the skin's a bit tough to get through."

her teeth's still growing in, so the help is definitely needed.
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
blackberry [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 18:58:25 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

consider her smitten. small acts of kindness, especially when it comes to pokemon, are brownie points in her book. that confident, warm smile of hers gets just a little bit more shy. she looks away when he flatters her shop, thinks, maybe i will just have save him a slice because it's starting to feel like maybe this is more than just empty wiles, pleasantries between strangers. 

"you're sweet," she says before she loses her nerve otherwise. 

she looks in the basket, trying to eyeball what she'll need for the cobblers. they've gathered a fair amount, but she thinks i could use a little bit more. and maybe it's a lie, if only to prolong the company she keeps. 

"do you travel often then?"