Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 19:58:31 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

It was by mere coincidence that his most recent missions had ended up with him having to make a stop at Fortree, so why not take the chance to visit a dear friend and the bird sanctuary he had heard so much about?
[break][break]
It was almost as if fate. As if the stars themselves had aligned to make this happen.
[break][break]
”This place is really cool, Alex.”
[break][break]
The words are genuine, smiling as they reach the end of their little tour.
[break][break]
”How are things with the gym going, by the way? Must be tough to do those non-traditional challenges of yours when in a wheelchair.”
[break][break]
Let’s not get started about the wheelchair…

[attr="class","VICwttag"]

[attr="class","VICwtnotes"]

notes

[attr="class","VICwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.VICwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt b] color: #CCA0C5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #CCA0C5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #CCA0C5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #CCA0C5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #CCA0C5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #CCA0C5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 17:39:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The first rule about Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club—

“Six years’ worth of bartending tips and savings, but hell I’m glad I got this place up and running.”

In all seriousness, though…

“Honestly, I’ve had to adjust my battle style to go with the current—situation—and it sucks,” he grumbled with the tiniest little sigh.

“Sixty days has never felt so long, you know?!” he added a few moments later. He had… honestly… lost track of time. This was why he had @mattis to keep track of the number of days, because if he did the tracking, he’d end up huffing himself into a pissy state and just basically going apeshit.

Look, he really wanted to walk again, okay?!

“Even if the Tournament was just this summer, it feels like I’ve gotten rusty.”

In the distance, a flock of migrating avians flew through the skies; several of them happened to be Unfezant.

And then he remembered something else.

“Why didn’t you tell me you weren’t a pinkette anymore?”

Damn, he was going to miss that.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 22:11:31 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

”Ha! Hey, your health is what matters the most here. You need to rest so you can recover properly. Sixty days isn’t so bad!”
[break][break]
His words are said with a bright and confident smile, but Vic knows well that he himself would struggle with being put in a wheelchair even if it were for just a single day. It makes him feel a certain sense of sympathy for Alexei, one that leads him to sigh quietly as he looks up at the skies.
[break][break]
A flock of Unfezant flies by. Migrating, probably. A reminder that days are getting colder and that winter will come soon enough…
[break][break]
”Oh… I just felt like dying my hair. Why? Do you think it looks bad?”
[break][break]
Emerald green eyes fall on Alexei then, the ever too tall ranger looking down at him… Since the gym leader is now stuck having to stay seated.
[break][break]
It’s then when an idea comes to mind, one that Vic wouldn’t bother with suggesting if it weren’t for the sake of helping out a friend, even if it comes with a smirk:
[break][break]
”How about a battle to help with that rust?”

notes

[newclass=.VICwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt b] color: #CCA0C5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #CCA0C5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #CCA0C5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #CCA0C5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #CCA0C5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.VICwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #CCA0C5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 2:56:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It’s surprising, considering your entire family back home are all pinkettes. Imagine if you turned up and your siblings didn’t recognize you at first,” he teased.

This was, of course, presuming the other didn’t send pictures home every so often—at least to his siblings, at least.

“I miss walking. But at the same time I miss flying even more.”

For a few moments, he puffed his face up in a chipmunk-like gesture; similar to how cheek pouches normally work before a little huffy sigh escaped him.

At the mention of a battle, though, he looked up again at the pink—purplette with a flash of surprise.

“Oh? Changed your mind about that?” he inquired, curious.

“You know I’m down for that.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 3:34:52 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

Some of his family members would probably be shocked if he just turned up with purple hair, that much is true, but thankfully, facetiming and sending selfies are both very common practices among those who belong to the Wexler household.
[break][break]
Most of them are, yeah… But Arceus, that’d be awful.” There’s a chuckle at the thought, imagining the shocked expressions of both his siblings and his parents. ”I actually sent them selfies as soon as I dyed it, they all really liked it.”
[break][break]
Because the Wexlers are a wonderful and supportive family…
[break][break]
The thought makes Vic think of how much he misses them, which may just be as much as how much Alexei here misses flying, even if Vic himself would never be one to puff up his cheeks about it.
[break][break]
It makes him look like a Skwovet with its cheek pouch full of berries.
[break][break]
Inevitably, Vic smirks, reaching down to poke one of Alexei’s puffed up cheeks.
[break][break]
”Hmmm… Something like that? Call it growth, or maybe just me offering to do a friend a favour.”
[break][break]
Has his opinion on battling and gym challenges changed? Perhaps. Perhaps it’s time to stop allowing all that to affect him as much as it has throughout his life.

notes

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 16:34:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So, am I going to see your Growlithe this time around?” he inquired with a chuckle. “Or are you going to surprise me with another Pokémon?”

Truth be told, the Growlithe was the only one he was familiar with, out of Vic’s current Pokémon companions. Obviously there were going to be more, but he wanted to leave it up to surprise.

“One on one singles, or do you wanna run doubles?” he asked.

Much as he wanted to challenge the other flying through the skies, well, he was stuck in wheelchair jail at the moment so that option was off the table—for now.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 20:52:50 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

Growlithe.
[break][break]
Sometimes it’s easy to forget just how much they missed out of each other’s lives; that a whole decade had passed since Alexei left Mistralton without a word. Vic’s Growlithe had evolved long ago, and he had been by his side to challenge most gyms in Unova – even the ones in Galar!
[break][break]
”Sure, I bet Nougat will be happy to see you. We can do a one on one.”
[break][break]
Not one to ruin the surprise, he smiles, for while one of his dragons could do much better if this were an aerial battle, it’s been a while since the last time he had a proper battle with his Arcanine by his side.
[break][break]
Maybe it will be fun.
[break][break]
There’s no need to overthink things and get too caught up in the thought of winning, right?
[break][break]
Just a fun battle against a friend, nothing else.

notes

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 3:50:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Alright, lemme just get to the other side of the—arena,” he said with a bit of a grunt—damn, shoving this miniature jail around by himself was harder than it looked.

Let’s not get started that even his right hand was fucked up, hell nah.

The moment he started moving across the open-air arena, a flurry of shadows began to fly over them—this time it was the entire… well, a disproportionately-sized part of the armada of Alexei’s Pokémon coming to watch the upcoming battle.

While a blue-plumed Braviary came to settle down close to where the stubborn human was trying to get out of the wheelchair, there was—

Well, a surprise of a Growlithe suddenly came rushing towards Vic, eagerly sniffing at his legs before barking in welcome.

“Oh. Max! Come on!” he called across the arena, letting out a bark of laughter as well.

“Ha, sorry—my own Growlithe can smell the scent of one of his kind all over you. That’s Max, by the way,” he said from across the arena.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 5:00:27 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

While impressive and definitely a sight to see, the dozens upon dozens of bird pokémon are not unexpected. What is unexpected, however, is the small Growlithe that runs to greet him, and Vic finds himself grinning as he kneels down to pet the Puppy Pokémon.
[break][break]
”Hey, buddy! Aren’t you a good boy?”
[break][break]
He may mostly be a dragon trainer these days, but Arcanine’s evolution line will always have a special place in his heart.
[break][break]
And speaking of Arcanine…
[break][break]
While petting Max, Vic reaches for a pokémon from those at his belt, calling out his own giant of a Fire type. Nougat stands at over two metres at the hithers, making him way taller than even his own trainer. And yet, giant as he may be, he’s still as friend as if he were a puppy; wagging his massive tail and barking upon seeing the Growlithe.
[break][break]
”Exciting, huh? How about a battle, Nougat?”
[break][break]
There’s another bark, as if giving a response, but when the Arcanine turns to look at Alexei and the Braviary by his side, there’s something all too INTIMIDATING and fierce about his stare.
[break][break]
Nougat may be a friendly and playful pokémon, but he's not the Growlithe Alexei once knew, and when it comes to battles, he doesn't mess around.

notes

INTIMIDATE is activated ♡

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:34:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The sight of the Arcanine made him do a double take—

Holy shit, Nougat grew to be that big?!

“Damn,” he whistled from across the arena, “Nougat’s so big!” he called out.

Meanwhile, Max literally let himself be showered in affection, giving the purplette a slobbery, friendly lick before howling and barking eagerly in the Arcanine’s direction. Was he going to get that big too, when he grew up?!

The Braviary was slightly cowed at the size of the Arcanine, but there was no way he was going to let his human companion down! Definitely not. Taking off in a flurry of feathers, the Braviary took point, staring down the Arcanine all the way.

“Meet Kyouya, my Ru—well, he’s definitely not a Rufflet anymore, obvs, but you get the first move!”

Over where Vic was, the Growlithe then sat down, tail wagging furiously because ooh, something was about to go down!

Braviary is out on the field!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 23:22:30 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

”Right? He evolved not long after you left.”
[break][break]
Too long ago, actually. Right before Vic began his journey through Unova in order to challenge every gym and make his way up Victory Road. An eternity ago.
[break][break]
”Nice Braviary! Showing off the Unova pride, huh?” With a short laugh, Vic then turns his attention to his Arcanine, watching the way he stands ready for a sight. ”Okay, Nougat, let’s start things off nice and easy.”
[break][break]
‘Nice and easy’ in this case means AGILITY, the Arcanine jumping from side to side as if ready to avoid any attack.

notes

AGILITY ♡

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 18:15:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Growlithe was now sitting at attention, watching as the grown-up version of himself shot across the open space, ready to strike.

Count on this Arcanine to give Max so many ideas of what he wanted to do when he grew up some more. The Growlithe always wondered why his human companion was loathe to let him grow—was there something about him, in his current form, that led the other to keep him that way?

Either way, the Growlithe’s tail was wagging furiously, watching as the Arcanine approached—and then the blue-plumed Braviary made his move.

Ooh, this was going to get good!

“But of course!” Alexei said from the other side of the arena, whistling a sharp note exactly once; the Braviary’s cue to turn mid-air and come to a stop before—

An avalanche of boulders came crashing from out of nowhere across the field; Rock Slide had come into play!

Braviary used Rock Slide!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2021 19:22:43 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

Some battles are long, some battles are short, some are incredibly difficult challenges, and some others he can just breeze through. In this case, there are more than a few disadvantages to using a pokémon like Nougat against one that can fly, but that’s the sort of thing that makes this more interesting, no?
[break][break]
He had forgotten how fun battles could be.
[break][break]
”Nice one! Alright, Nougat, up and up. You know what to do!” A ROCK SLIDE can be a problem, especially with Arcanine being as big of a target as it is, but as Vic sees it, it’s also an opportunity…
[break][break]
After all, rocks do make for a great foothold.
[break][break]
The Arcanine is as swift as it is limber, running towards the boulders instead of away from them. It jumps onto the nearest one, using it to propel itself up and step onto the next one. And then, with the distance between it and the Braviary reduced, it shrouds itself in electricity and strikes with a shocking WILD CHARGE before its inevitable fall from the air.

notes

WILD CHARGE ♡

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 8:31:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Well that was a cunning move.

“Hah, nice!” he called from the opposite side of the arena, watching as the Arcanine climbed the rocks—the moment it skirted close enough though; it was too close to call—

The Braviary then lashed out with a close-quarters Aerial Ace attack; never mind if this put him at risk of getting paralyzed from the outset. All the blue-plumed avian had to do was to move fast enough out of range—

Over on Vic’s side of the arena, the Growlithe was watching, starry-eyed at the larger Arcanine just—climbing those rocks like it was nothing and charging forward in an extremely flashy show of wildfire crackling electricity.

Braviary used Aerial Ace!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
fight club [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 19:46:29 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","VICwt"]
[attr="class","VICwtw"]

The moment the Braviary dashes towards Nougat, Vic finds himself smirking. Probably an odd thing to do considering his pokémon is getting attacked, but the reason for it becomes obvious soon enough.
[break][break]
See, AERIAL ACE is classified as a Physical move for a reason, and while the inevitable moment it makes contact is a painful one indeed, the Arcanine knows to take full advantage of it.
[break][break]
It can’t avoid it, so instead it braces against the attack, and when the Braviary is close enough, it attempts to CRUNCH down upon one of its wings – sharp fangs digging through feathers and into skin.
[break][break]
Ouch. To the ground, Nougat.”
[break][break]
Talk about painful indeed.
[break][break]
For, the moment the Arcanine takes hold, it tries to slam down the Braviary upon the ground just as gravity pulls them down.
[break][break]
Impromptu Seismic Toss much?!

notes

Hit by Aerial Ace / Use CRUNCH ♡