awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
fixin' [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 1:05:43 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

What a time for him to need some tuning up!

Sure, he could manage his leg fine, but it was his arm he would have some difficulty with. This was the problem when you were your own prosthetic mechanic: you couldn’t do arrangements for any opposable limbs that were your arms because quite frankly, you would need another set of hands to help out with adjustments.

Plus he’d been walking all wonky as of late, which only meant one thing:

…was he actually gaining height?

Maybe he had to adjust the prosthetics some more if that was the case. Every day felt like a punch-drunk existence now…

So here he was, at an empty lot somewhere within city limits, trying to get adjustments to his prosthetic leg fixed.

“Ah, shit, shit, whoa!” he yelped, very nearly losing a screw that had almost made a bid for freedom.

Sometimes it did help to have a second pair of eyes, and hands…

time to get this show on the road

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
fixin' [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 16:02:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fixin'

Finally bonding with

Which was probably why he had been called.

"Just a head's up!" Piped up a familiar voice suddenly, crunching steps marking the approach of one young Captain Sullivan.

A metallic tool-box was held in hand as he waved the other youth, coming to a stop before him.

"But I don't know anything 'bout tinkerin'." He finished his head's up, dropping the tool box on the floor and then dropping his bum atop it, chin falling atop his palm as he grinned at the other.

"So... Ya sure we can't do this at the base? There's actual mechanics there, ya know?" He said, though he knew the answer would probably be no.

For (not entirely unreasonable) reasons, Arashi didn't seem to like or trust adults much.

"Well... that's that." He sighed before standing up, reaching over to pick on of Arashi's own tools, before grinning. "Awright then. So how do we do this...? Oh, and how've you been, men? Haven't seen ya recently."

TAG: @
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
fixin' [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2021 2:43:15 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Learning about taxes sucks, let me tell you,” he grumbled as he fussed with the wrench he was holding. Now that he’d secured the screw that he’d almost lost, he then gestured at his left foot.

“Been walking all wacky lately, like really imbalanced, so I’m here, try’na get my leg straightened,” he remarked as he went back to removing the rest of the plate metal in the process.

“Does feel kinda weird when I have to hobble around one-legged, but I gotta make do with this set-up for now.”

A few movements later, and the prosthetic popped off with a hissing noise.

“I hate phantom limb syndrome. It sucks.

He then pulled his own personal tool box closer, careful not to jostle the small loose bits in it and send those flying.

“Look, all those—old creeps—I don’t feel so hot being around them,” he said with a nonchalant wave of his hand as he got to work, twisting around to grab the already-prepared spare parts he needed to begin the lengthening process of his leg.

“When I’m done with this I’d need your hands to help me fix my arm.”

time to get this show on the road

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
fixin' [m][c]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 19:12:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Fixin'

Finally bonding with

"Tell me 'bout it! Had to get a couple o'early lessons due to becomin' a GL." Doug snorted out, bringing his hands together behind his neck as he watched Arashi hard at work, a laugh rumbling in his chest as the blonde youth grumbled.

"Old Creeps? Come on man, have a little respect; those guys are my soldiers." He said in amusement, shoulders still quaking as he leaned to the side to look at Arashi work. "But fine then; just don't come cryin' to me if I screw somethin' up. I failed most of my science classes, ya know?"

How the youth could handle the intricate mechanics of what was very much an artificial limb was something Doug could only wonder about.

No, wait, actually-

"... How the heck did ya even learn all this anyway?" He wondered, tilting his head.

He assumed someone else had given the other boy his metallic limbs- he couldn't imagine how he could possibly build himself new ones while missing an arm, even if he were a boy genius.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights