played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 21:51:02 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The winter air softly cusped it's icy hands around Felix's lightly bearded chin, providing him an odd comfort and a terrible red nose. Bundled up in an oversized coat, the man briskly walked along the dirt path, his brother close beside him.

He hadn't spoken for several minutes now, but that was normal for the brothers. One would always blabber on to infinity, while the other would silently nod along to their words, and neither would grow tired of their roles.

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
July 30
Canalave City
gay
student
civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @august
August Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 22:19:19 GMT
August Gallagher Avatar
Despite being bundled up in an excessive amount of layers, August felt the chill seeping into his bones. It didn't stop him from rambling on, voice muffled by his thick scarf. He talked about clubs he wanted to join and the latest fashion he'd seen hosts wearing. He wondered aloud if his buizel, Taga, could learn to play guitar or what his Flygon, Pilot, might look like in a bomber jacket. He thought he might be talking too much when the cold air started to burn the top of his mouth but... He couldn't help it, he was nervous.

He'd accepted Felix was never much of a talker but he was starting to wonder if his silent nods were all he was ever going to get from him. It was, after all, the anniversary of his disownment, coming out, and of Felix taking him in, but here they were. Just another walk. And despite willing himself to keep going, his ramblings sputtered to a stop.

I doubt he even thinks of today as anything special but would a hug or something be too much to ask? 

An image of the brothers hugging popped into his mind and August reflexively scrunched up his nose. Nevermind, Felix would probably spontaneously combust from the awkwardness.
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 23:16:23 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The nods didn't stop. They didn't stop as the teen blabbered on about his Pokémon and the various outfits he'd put them in, or when he spoke of the array of different extracurriculars.

Even when the other began to unwind, slowing his once rapid speech, and a silence fell upon the duo...he continued to say nothing. Felix just kept his hands comfortably in his pockets and eyes set forward, unwavering both physically or emotionally to the obvious distress of the other.

That is...until he came to a sudden halt.

Turning, Felix rested a heavy hand on August's shoulder and spoke after several moments of silence. "Your shoelace. It's untied."

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
July 30
Canalave City
gay
student
civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @august
August Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 23:57:57 GMT
August Gallagher Avatar
The hand on his shoulder briefly stopped the whirring of his mind. Was this it? Was this the moment of acknowledgement he was hoping for?

("Your shoelace. It's untied.")

August blinked slowly, face slack with disbelief. The hope that the brief moment of warmth built up withered away in his stomach. After a pause he burst out nearly hysterical laughter. His brother was simply a hopeless idiot it seemed. He brought a hand to his face, barely covering his wry smile. A bittersweet feeling raced through him. Felix, as attentive and aware as he was, could not read a room. He shouldn't have expected anything more from him.

Keeping his hand over his face, he kicked out his foot, hitting Felix in the shin and rested it there. "Tie it for me then."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 3:33:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁DELIBIRD DELIVERY!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A DELIBIRD DROPS BY and pulls out a wrapped gift from its tail. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: delibird can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 3:35:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IMPIDIMP APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRANKSTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DARK PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEVIPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHED SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GASTRO ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 8:20:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
August's odd fit of laughter only provided the elder Gallagher with confusion. What was funny about untied laces? If anything, it was notable a safety hazard.

Even with confusion buzzing in his head, Felix silently obliged to his orders and knelt beside August, promptly placing the pointed shoe onto his knee. Then he tied it. Even double-knotted it, too. "Good."

Just as he wiggled the shoe off of his knee, a duo of Pokémon came bouncing down the opposite side of the path. One happened to be a Seviper. "Careful." Felix instructed, his voice stern.

He sent out his Gallade and pointed towards the approaching duo. The pokemon gave a nod before carrying out his trainer's orders, slicing at the two with his body-given blades. A red and white pokeball followed these attacks, zapping the snake pokemon with a spark of red.

- catching serviper
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
July 30
Canalave City
gay
student
civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @august
August Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 22:19:35 GMT
August Gallagher Avatar
August watched his brother with amusement as Felix fulfilled his ridiculous command, obviously confused but unquestioning of his outburst. Was he a robot? No feelings, just action. It had to be a strange sense of duty that had his older sibling looking after him, if not love.

He couldn't help but look on with mild awe as Felix swiftly dealt with the pokemon that had happened on their path. Felix was always efficient, to the point, a man who got things done... and August looked up to him, but he really didn't know him at all. The stoic guy never volunteered any information on himself and he didn't really seem interested in learning about August either. So why? Why did he take on his baby brother, that he'd barely known, as his responsibility? The question had been plaguing him off and on for ages now, especially when Felix would come home late from his job, working himself to the bone, just to be able to support the both of them.

The wild pokemon were now background noise compared to his swimming thoughts. He knew that if he didn't get at least some kind of answers now, the question would continue to gnaw away at him through another sleepless night.

"Hey. Why'd you take me in? I..." he tried not to sound accusatory and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "I can't even tell if you actually like having me around."

Immediately embarrassed by his insecurity and anxious about his choice of words, he started rambling on, "Of course, I'm really extremely and eternally grateful for everything you have done for me, and regardless of your reasons, you're a good person Felix but I... I... nevermind, that was out of nowhere right? Just forget about it." He was sure his tumultuous emotions must be giving his robotic brother whiplash.

-skipping pokemon

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 6:33:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IGGLYBUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRIEND GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PETAL BLIZZARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PETAL DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GRASSY TERRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE SEVIPER!

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 8:39:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Hey. Why'd you take me in? I..."

The question, followed by another, struck Felix with a wave of utter confusion. Wasn't the answer obvious?

"..."

Tight thin lips and lowered eyes turned around to face August. Ever since his brother's birth, Felix had made every decision based on his growth and well-being. There was never a choice that didn't consider him. Didn't he know that? If so, what is all this about then?

The intensity of August's emotions were way beyond Felix's capability of comprehension, like a book written in another language. He wanted to understand and give a proper response, but somehow, he felt totally unequipped to do so.

But just as he opened his mouth to answer, the teen had waved the issue away. 'Just Forget it', he had said. "Okay." The bright tint of pink on his cheeks warned of the embarrassment August was facing, and he didn't feel right to further contribute to it. If he wanted to forget, he'll forget it.

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
July 30
Canalave City
gay
student
civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @august
August Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 1:42:12 GMT
August Gallagher Avatar
A heavy sigh escaped from August at his brother's predictable response. He was getting better at not taking his nonchalant silence personally but he hoped his emotional questions hadn't soured his sibling's mood.

A couple pokemon sauntered out onto their path once again and, wanting to show off a bit to his big bro, August sent out his Flygon to swiftly take care of them with it's earth power. He tossed a pokeball towards the igglybuff and shot a shy smile at Felix.

Quiet washed over the two of them while August thought of what he could say next to potentially salvage and make full use of the remainder of their walk together. If he was going to get closer to Felix, he should really stop talking only about himself, but he wasn't quite sure if Felix would respond to being questioned with more than one syllable. Still, he might as well give it a go.

"So... Felix how are? You work so hard, I worry about you. You do so much for me, is there anything I can do for you?" He glanced anxiously between his brother and the trail before them.

- catching igglybuff

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 17:57:11 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Unlike his brother, the silence that fell between them was comfortable. Normal, even. But, of course, this sheltered silence could only protect his shortcomings for so long. August's targeted question was only proof of this undeniable fact.

Felix casted his gaze downward to match his brother's hopeful eyes. And for once, the face that met his was one with a soft smile tucked between each cheek.

If he was honest with himself, there were times he questioned his involvement in August's life. If he hadn't stayed in Sinnoh...would everything turn out the same? Would he be the same? It was a rare thought to have, as the elder Gallagher had never spent more than a second thinking for himself, but its existence was undeniable.

Without a word, he averted his gaze up at the sky, the smile still prevalent across his reddening cheeks. A cool winter breeze washed over them, rustling his hair into a loose mess.

is there anything I can do for you?

What a funny thing to ask your older brother, he thought. But, despite its humor, there was one thing he'd want from August. The one thing that drove him to do what he's done for the last 9 years. "To live the best way you can. That's what I want from you."

To have what he never had. 

close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
July 30
Canalave City
gay
student
civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
32 posts
part of
TAG WITH @august
August Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 19:42:03 GMT
August Gallagher Avatar
His brother... was smiling... at him... HELL YEAH! August felt a little ridiculous for getting so happy over such a small thing, but he couldn't help the goofy grin spreading across his face. This quiet moment made each agonizing second of awkwardness worthwhile. He was so filled with adoration for his brother in that instance that he thought he might explode.

Felix's thoughtful answer to his innocuous question hit him full force, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Suddenly, tears pooled into his eyes and he scrunched his face up to a comical degree to keep them from spilling over. To hide his embarrassment, and his tears, he lightly punched a few times at his brother's shoulder.

"F-fuck, that's so cheesy Felix, what the fuck man," he chuckled awkwardly, lip trembling, "but... Thank you. Really. It means a lot." He wiped his eyes aggressively with his sleeve and tried to steady himself. His smiled up at his sibling. "Mom and Dad missed out on two really great sons, didn't they?"

Realizing the sobering effect of that rhetorical question, August quickly kept the ball rolling with the first thing he could think of. "That's why, you should live how you want to too Felix. Don't think I don't notice that you haven't brought anyone special home. I hope you're not stopping on my account. A handsome guy like you must be dripping with propositions." He waggled his eyebrows at the older brother.

"Seriously though, your happiness is my happiness too dude, don't forget that."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 1:29:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNNERVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HOWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLEFAIRY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CUTE CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPOTLIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISARMING VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STORED POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METEOR MASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE IGGLYBUFF!

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Brother Bear [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 4:43:30 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded at his brother's words, though, there was little doubt in his mind any would stick for longer than a second. While he appreciated his desires for him, the reality of their situation was harsher than he would ever let on.

But money wasn't something a high schooler should concern themselves with, he firmly thought to himself. And, no matter what, it was that ignorance that he felt important to protect.

"I wont," He reassured the younger Gallagher. Then, in a spur-of-the-moment flurry of movements, he reached out and patted the other's head in what was meant to be in a comforting way.

As the two spoke, his gallade dutifully continued to protect them from the sides. At the moment his opponent was a surprisingly aggressive houndoom. Thankfully, it only took a few swipes to toss him off his paws.
- catching houndoom