played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 1:01:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
: underboss of the infamous Team Rocket and avatar for shadow lugia. It had been several months since ANVIL officially joined hands with the organization, and since then Felix hadn't quite found the time to formally meet anyone of importance. There was , but that didn't really amount to much. So, with some long-awaited time in his schedule, the General had finally made an appointment to reach out to the underboss. Hopefully he could shake hands, introduce himself, and maybe contribute a bit more towards his side mission.

"Underboss Merlino is ready for you" The secretary chirped, eyes peeking over her oversized desk. Felix, rising from his seat, gave the woman a nod before continuing past her, taking a second to give the door a knock before proceeding further.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 23:40:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin doesn't hear the knock beyond the soundproof door, but nevertheless the underboss appears alert when it opens. The broad window behind the desk looks out upon solid rock in place of ocean and the overwhelming pressure ordinarily felt on account of Lugia is almost entirely absent. There's a mug of something on a desk otherwise bare save for a closed laptop.

"Gallagher."

With a polite nod of greeting, Gavin gestures to the chairs in the room, an invitation to sit. The office smells like peppermint and cigarettes.

"How can I help you?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 19:33:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Hand loosely wrapped around the metal handle, Felix pushed open the door, revealing the spacious office hidden behind it.

"Good afternoon," he greeted, his voice low and formal. Today he wore a more professional outfit to greet the underboss: black slacks and a white dress shirt, unbottoned enough to stimulate some level of causality. Soft footsteps thudded against the submarine's floor, echoing off each inch he bridged between them, until there was nothing more that couple left.

He took a second to situate himself on one of the spare chairs set in front of Gavin's desk. Then, with a hard sniff, he began his introduction. "I won't take too much of your time with this." Leaning back, he kept his eye contact steady and strong as he spoke, leaving no room for hesitation. "As you know, ANVIL is currently cooperating with in training the upcoming SPECTRA recruits. has tasked me with assisting in this endeavor, however, I lack experience against these 'avatars'."

Who would? Face one and you're dead, he thought behind a mental grimace. For a moment, Felix's mind drifted back to when he spoke to that Priest.

"I don't really care for religion," He had told him.

"And why's that..." The priest replied, questioning his apathy.

This, along with an array of other reasons, was why. What a pain in the ass these 'gods' had created for them to deal with.

"I heard you're one of them. If it's not much to ask, I'd like to ask some questions and...to maybe meet it."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 9:47:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gallagher is straight to the point, something Gavin appreciates. Nodding at the mention of ANVIL and SPECTRA, the underboss listens without interrupting.

So you've come in search of me, he thinks, when avatars are mentioned. It wasn't the first time, and wouldn't be the last. Some were curious, others reverent, and the worst of them were suspicious, jealous, or dangerous. Which one are you?

Curious, he hopes.

"Lugia slumbers in the bay, though I can perhaps persuade her."

She was fickle, and not one to be commanded.

"Ask your questions," he invites. "I'll answer what I care to."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:18:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He nodded at the admin's response. It was hard to imagine how one would go about persuading a legendary being, but alas, he guessed that was just one of the job requirements.

Pausing, the man took a second to mull over which question to open with, before slowly drawing a half-decent conclusion. "Your powers. How long did it take to master them?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 19:00:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin exhales a soft huff of breath that might've been a laugh.

"I wouldn't call them mastered." He was confident, often to the point of arrogance, but Lugia's blessing was not something he had an innate understanding of even now. "But I exercise the use of them daily, and it comes more naturally over time."

He takes a sip of his tea, eyes half-lidded with pleasure.

"Some of my power doesn't require practice," he adds, after the pause. "My shadow Pokemon have always seemed to draw benefit from it, even when I didn't know what I was doing. But this...?" A flick of his wrist sees miasma form and curl around his fingers. "It's easier to produce, to control, than it was in the beginning. Is that a sufficient answer?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 5:16:46 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's posture stiffened at the man's response.

Despite his casual nature when responding, the underboss gave exactly everything he needed and more.

"Yes, that's perfect." He nodded, taking mental note of everything that was mentioned. If it took even sometime to master his more unique abilities, then that solidifies the assumption that the newer avatars should be susceptible to their attacks.

Moving on.

"Feel free to relate this next question to another avatar, if you wish. ...Is there any noticeable weaknesses you've encountered with your, or another's, abilities?" He leaned forward into the chair, his arms now resting on his knees. "Timelimits? Feedback? Strain?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 0:27:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Weakness.

Gavin's eyes narrow, and he tenses on instinct.

But Felix is wise to suggest the passing of the question, and the underboss gives a curt nod. "I'm not in the habit of making my own limitations known — no offense." But the smile he offers is tight, cold. "Yes, most powers seem to have their limitations. I've witnessed drawbacks in relation to others, particularly in Rocket as we work so closely, but I'm not at liberty to share."

Everything had limits. He wasn't going to help Felix find them among their allies.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 17:13:19 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Gavin's answer was to be expected.

Felix understood his hesitation-- there was no telling who he could leak this information to, or if there were any ulterior motives that spanned further than simply SPECTRA.

"None taken," He nodded. "I completely understand-- I was moreso curious if you held any information on avatars outside the organization. Namely, ."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 9:34:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's fury sparks at mention of , and pressure begins to slowly build within the room. Felix would get his wish after all, it seems. His anger awakens her, and in turn the shadowed Lugia fuels the emotions of her vessel with her own.

Crushing, suffocating, overwhelming rage.

His calm demeanour has vanished. Knuckles turn white around a closed fist, black miasma curling around him like inky tendrils.

Red eyes gleam in the window behind him.

"If your aim is to hunt her," he says, the calm of his tone unquestionably forced, "then you will have all the information that Rocket has access to. Unfortunately, it's not as much as I'd like."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 3:27:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The results from his little attempt at prodding was immediate.

The air between them grew ice cold and heavy. As if the weight of the world's core had begun to press down at Felix's chest, suffocating him completely. He tried to combat this wave of intensity, of course, but the natural aura of an enraged beast is something even the of strongest men can barely stand against.

"Anything will do." He assured the admin. His presence wasn't as nearly as intense, as deadly, as Gavin's, but it was, at the very least, bleeding with determination and guts. If was where their interests line up, then Katherine was the person he'll aim his sights on. At least, in the eyes of Rocket.

In reality, well, she was only one of the many sights he had begun setting up since joining 's SPECTRA. "What is already known?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 16:38:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Simmering fury lies barely contained in a gaze of molten gold as Gavin types something into the computer at his desk. After a few clicks and confirmations, he says, "I've sent you everything we have."

There were the details of her recruitment and history within the organization, her known Pokémon, and other details expected of an intelligence file.

"So is that your intention? To hunt her down?"

A Sylveon that had been sleeping beneath the desk stirs and jumps up onto the lap of the underboss, its ribbons pulsing as it exerts a calming influence. Though Gavin seems to relax beneath the fairy-type's touch, the pressure in the room remains.
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:49:31 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
And like that, the documents were sent directly to him.

. She was far from his where his interests lay, but when it came to SPECTRA and receiving the help of Rocket, she seemed the most feasible option (despite her concerning power level). But, if he were to proceed, it couldn't be alone.

"Mhm," He nodded. "Unless assigns me elsewhere, she's my current target."

Felix leaned back into his seat, eyes still wounded tightly to the admin's fiery gaze. He wondered if every instance of betrayal received the same level of intensity and if this was what was referring to way back when-- the fact that betraying rocket didn't just entail the wrath of the organization, but the wrath of its head.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 15:00:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Recognition sparks at the mention of .

"Ah, you're one of his lot." That made sense. SPECTRA had been cropping up again in his documents and reports. Gavin was involved on a surface level, as Rocket's underboss, but didn't work directly for the subsect.

"You wanted to meet Lugia." Her red eyes blink beyond the window. Unnecessarily, he states, "Here she is. Unless you were looking for something a little closer?"

There was, after all, the barrier of the metal submarine wall and reinforced glass at the moment.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Pardon me [c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 20:50:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He nodded at the underbosses' assertion.

Technically, he was. Just like how he was technically a member of Team Rocket.

Felix's ears perked up to the mention of Lugia. Slowly, he pushed himself up from his seat, his eyes entranced by the legendry's overwhelming presence.

"Wow." He heard himself saying. It wasn't every day you're able to be this close to a deity. Not unless you're an avatar. For a second, his eyes flicked back to the underboss. "Is that a possibility?"