played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Cap's pouch
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 23:06:12 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

[attr="class","vanpage"]
[attr="class","vantitle"]HOENN BROADCASTING INC.
[attr="class","vansub"]it's the people's right to know what's going on.
[attr="class","vanissuenum"]
[attr="class","vanball"]
[attr="class","vanissuemar"]MARCH 2022 EDITION
[attr="class","vancolorbg"]
[attr="class","vanpicbg"]
[attr="class","vantext"]

SOOTOPOLIS TAKEOVER

WRITTEN BY

SOOTOPOLIS CITY — Rocket’s capture of Sootopolis City – an outcome of the League’s severe lack of control over the region’s citizens, as well as the current Ultra Beast crisis – points to the loss of the region’s trust in its governing bodies.

Last summer, the underground organization known as Team Rocket ousted the league’s control over the Sootopolis with a worrying amount of support from the people. “Its citizens realized incompetence within the system and sought change- change that Rocket helped them bring” one anonymous source () told HBS. “Rocket cares. Just look at Kanto. It’s thriving, and we want Hoenn to do the same.”

Despite these claims, the aftermath of this event has been a nightmare for the thousands of Sootopolis Residents who were displaced by this event. Due to this surge of homelessness, shelters across the region have been struggling to maintain open doors as they’ve been forced into full occupancy. Notable Sootopolis Ranger, , were among those thousands. “Rocket is now the reason I have lost my home not just once but twice now." He told us. “Rocket will have you believe that they're doing the bad things because corruption of the League has forced their hand. They're just being had by senior members whose goals are far darker than what some will have you believe."

Many voices agree with Kingsman sentiments, including Sootopolis Gym leader, . According to her, "Rocket’s messaging strictly contradicts the sleuth of media manipulation and terrorism they’ve inflicted on the region’s people, furthering their true motive of “taking whatever they deem as theirs." When asked about her interactions with the organization she noted that “I also try to be fair and offer them a peaceful resolution, sadly no one has really taken me up on that offer yet.”

Yet, since the events of the takeover, the region’s crime rate has gradually risen as Rocket continues to become more and more accepted by Hoenn’s citizens. Even those who refuse to aid the organization's goals have still continued to criticize the League’s failure to notice these developments earlier– the most prominent voice among this crowd being Ex-Elite Four member, .

During the aftermath of the take over, the esteemed league member resigned from his position, as he had vocally grown tired of the League’s inability to act, despite his warnings of Rocket’s upcoming resurgence. This puts into question: Who should the people turn to? Rocket, who swears peace through violence, or the league, who promises hope despite their shown negligence?

ASTER'S ASTROLOGY CORNER

WRITTEN BY

March Zodiac Horoscopes can be found below. (Please @ me if you mention these in a post, it will make my day!).

THE GOAT (JANUARY)
Spend some of your hard earned cash. Give a gift to your friend or to yourself, it will come in handy.
THE WATER CARRIER (FEBRUARY)
Love, or lust, is in the air, be prepared to have multiple suitors vying for your attention. Don’t be distracted and put your efforts into your special someone.
THE FISHES (MARCH)
A trip or vacation to somewhere new will be interrupted with a few obstacles. You will have some high risk-high reward encounters.
THE RAM (APRIL)
Your colleague may be getting on your nerves, but don’t let them get under your skin. An uncomfortable workplace may bring you misfortune.
THE BULL (MAY)
It’s time to relax. Make time for a chill night with friends or find a way to treat yourself.
THE TWINS (JUNE)
Beware of your “rose colored” glasses when it comes to an important person in your life. May find conflict with a Scorpio.
THE CRAB (JULY)
Reserve some time for you and your counterpart, they may be feeling neglected or jealous that your attention has been elsewhere.
THE LION (AUGUST)
Someone close to you is keeping a secret. Be their confidant and help them keep it quiet. They will return the favor.
THE VIRGIN (SEPTEMBER)
The stars aren’t favoring your ideas these days. Before you move forward with big plans, go back to the drawing board and review your arrangements with those you trust.
THE SCALE (OCTOBER)
An opportunity to make a good amount of money is coming your way. Grab onto it and don’t let go.
THE SCORPION (NOVEMBER)
Do something kind to boost your spirits. A compliment may go a long way. Try not to get into heated debates, as it may end in disaster.
THE ARCHER (DECEMBER)[break]
The stars are favoring you. Time to ask for that raise or implement a new project at work.

ANA STONE COMES HOME

WRITTEN BY

RUSTBORO CITY — Back in August, longtime CEO was officially succeeded by none other than . From head of the popular company, RotomTV, to CEO of a large energy corporation, there have been plenty of mixed reactions to this abrupt change in directions. "She's going to commit both feet and hands into the deep end" one former Devon Corp. executive, who worked alongside and , told HBS.

But not everyone holds these same sentiments. This announcement came as a shock to many of the top Financial analysts who'd vocally assumed Sam Smith, head of operations for the past 10 years, would be the most obvious answer. A few retired executives we spoke with also agreed with these assumptions, citing 's lack of experience in the energy sector as “concerning on multiple levels.”

When asked to comment on the criticism had to say this, "Some would say Devon should always be run by a Stone. I don't necessarily agree with that statement. I believe Devon should be run by whoever is most qualified, Stone or not. It just so happens that the most qualified person in this case also happens to be a Stone."

Since her arrival at the company, Devon's Corp has made a steady recovery, however, the aftermath of public reaction is still seen in their company’s stock prices (5.4% down). While these numbers are still volatile in nature, they're expected to settle in the coming months as continues to share her future plans for the company. "It's no secret that Devon isn't the power it used to be. But Devon did not die with Alexander. We will carry on in his vision and I will do my best to help restore Devon to what it once was.”

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what surprises Devon Corp holds in store for us. But, until then, had some final words to share with everyone at home. "Thank you to all my supporters. I will live up to expectations, I promise you that."

ASTER'S HOTTIE SPOTLIGHT

WRITTEN BY

Saw your debut, dude! Nice stuff! Also, P.S. you're hot. P.S.S. call me.

---

Toshi's recent achievement of earning 's Rhythm Badge has earned him March's spot for Hoenn's Hottest!

Who should be April’s hottie of the month? Comment below this volume with your nominations.

PAID ADVERTISEMENT

If you'd like to contribute an article, please DM @captain with your concept and/or writing! Feel free to also reach out for any HBS related plots, including joining the staff (camera man, reporter, journalist, photographer, columnist, etc) or IC business propositions!

LEAVE US A COMMENT

[div align="center"][div style="width:350px;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;"][div style="background-color:#1f1f1f;font-family:tahoma;font-size:7.5pt;text-align:justify;padding:40px;"][table style="width:100%;"][tbody][tr][td style="vertical-align:top;width:70px;"][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="http://placehold.it/55x55"][/td][td style="vertical-align:top;"][div style="font-family:courier new;font-size:8pt;font-weight:bold;"]USERNAME // [/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque efficitur lacus quis lacus tempor, sit amet rutrum purus rhoncus.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div][/div][/div]

[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights