snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 23:28:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]following a reunion, they start at the beginning.

she arrives first with an automaton following close behind. an unown floats ahead, odd chirps escaping from the letter. she's tried, and failed, to understand it. in the end, it's probable that the sounds are nothing more than meaningless chatter.

and where meteor falls should strike a nerve, it no longer does.

the tolls of war have settled into craters of the earth. and with them, the weight on her shoulders decreases just a smidge. there's bigger threats than the past. her skin skitters slightly at the notion.

the unown's chitter grows louder in volume. her golurk, too, rumbles out a warning sound. and when she turns, pink mist bleeds from exposed skin. a precautionary measure that isn't necessary when her eyes focus on a figure moving closer.

"felix," she breathes, a smile curling into lips. "long time no see!"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 4:50:55 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Metero falls -- it was one of the few locations within the region that Felix has yet to explore. There isn't exactly a buzz of traffic within the cave system, and so, there was a natural drought of cave-related mercenary jobs. Not that it mattered much to him.

Sauntering in with a white V-neck and black jeans, the bodyguard followed along the highlighted path had sent him the day before. Trailing close behind him was his porygon-z, Barnaby. The small pokemon constantly fidgeted, buzzed, and clicked at random intervals, but Felix kept him out regardless. He liked the company. Besides, the robotic pokemon had its practical uses.

"Detection: low" It beeped out.

After a series of tunnels and turns, the duo found the exact person they needed to see: .

"Yo," He greeted, lifting his right hand into the air to give off a rigid wave. The corner of his lips curled upward into a small smile. "You look good."

- INSERT PORYGON-Z ICON

@ileana

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 19:45:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]cheeks heat up beneath a compliment.

she's quick to flush, quick to smile, quick to swoon. and as her unown continues its incessant chitter, she steps forward to greet felix with warmth.

"hi!" she stills for a moment, as if torn with herself. and then, her arms reach out and she's shifting for a hug.

a giggle follows.

"you don't look so bad yourself," she murmurs softly. after giving him another once over, she's glancing back toward the landscape of meteor falls. "are you ready for this?"

is she?

behind her, a golurk rumbles out its version of an excited greeting and offers a happy wave.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 19:15:07 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Since their time apart, Felix had nearly forgotten the silent comfort that fell over him whenever he was around her. It was unexplainable, but always warmly welcomed.

Felix returned the hug, though, his arms instructively went for the 'light back pats' over an actual squeeze. It was a little rigid, but he was trying, and well, that's all one could hope for from him. Especially when it came to PHYSICALLY affection.

Hands shuffling back into his pockets, he offered an acknowledging nod to the waving golurk, then his gaze returned to . "Yeah." He assured her, shrugging. "Just lead the way-- I'll be close behind."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 19:30:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]warm pats against her back elicit little giggles from her body. and as she pulls away after one last affectionate squeeze, she's flashing a bright smile. the golurk coos excitedly behind them over the returned nod of greeting.

and her unown... continues mindless chittering, darting in random directions.

"okay," she hums and rotates on her heel, head tilting slightly toward the unown. it grows a little louder, movements picking up speed. somehow, she notes, it almost seems excited? "let's go."

the unown n darts up ahead and she follows, soft footsteps drowned out by clunking clay ones. glances are thrown over her shoulder every now and then, as if to make sure he's still there.

and faintly, she's trying to talk over the mechanical rumbles of her golurk and the odd chitter of the unown. an admittance slips out into the wind with a laugh, "i'll be honest... i have no idea what i'm doing."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 6:32:19 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There were so many things about Illeana that changed, but there were so many things that hadn't changed as well.

The way she spun around definitely fell into the ladder category. And, to be honest, Felix was subconsciously thankful for it.

Trailing close behind the scientist, the mercenary made sure to keep a watchful eye on their surroundings. Even with Barnaby emitting his occasional beeps of safety, he knew the state of their situation could still shift at any moment, especially given their surroundings. It wasn't until Illeana spoke up that his attention momentarily diverted itself back onto the conversation.

"That's okay," He shrugged. It wasn't like he was any better at figuring this shit out. Besides, "We'll figure it out as we go."

It wasn't the most reassuring statement out there, but for Felix, it rang true. At least for right now, they had the luxury of time on their side, so...why not use it to their advantage?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 18:37:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]right, they'll figure it out... it's okay to not know everything, to be lost once in a while.

her golurk sticks close to her back. the ghastly presence is comforting, as if she has a constant protector. and the jagged scar across the entirety of her back crawls less and less between the automaton and felix's watchful eyes.

somehow, she feels at ease here.

and as her unown continues to chitter away up ahead, she slows a little to get closer to felix. her head turns, searching for his face and a smile breaks out when she finds it. "have you been in a distortion before?"

idle chitchat distracts her from a gnawing sensation in the pit of her stomach. something's happening. she can't tell if it's good or bad or even made up by the mind after the events of aqua assembly but... it's there, sneaking around in shadows and corners, dancing out of sight when her attention shifts too close.

"i wonder if they're as terrifying as some say." or, even, as dangerous.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 3:37:52 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix naturally found himself shifting the rhyme of his stride to match 's, allowing him to hover only an inch or so behind her. When she turned back to him, his lips slipped into a similar small smile, and his eyebrows raised with interest.

"I haven't."

The idea of entering a distortion was far too complex for him to grasp, nor did he care to do so in the first place. It was something he'd just have to experience firsthand, he had thought, and with the way things were heading, he wouldn't have to wait too much longer for an answer to that question.

Though...

His heavy gaze cast downward at her, a glint of concern hidden beneath his eyes. It didn't seem like she held the same solace he had. "People always exaggerate things, Illie," Felix murmured. Lifting his hand, he gingerly rested on her closest shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. "I doubt it's anything terrifying. "

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 22:24:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums, chewing on his answer until the taste settles.

"they're... odd." she thinks of the star soiree, of that odd distortion that opened out of nowhere in one of the routes. it felt different than that of the soiree, as if it was a weird pocket of space that shouldn't have been. and somehow, it had changed her zorua into... well, a different zorua?

it leaves a funny feeling in her bones, as if she's both excited and terrified to see what another holds.

his hand settles on her shoulder and fingers squeeze reassurance into warm skin. her face takes on a softer look. affectionate or fond, it's hard to place. "yeah," she murmurs. "you're right. it -- it can't be that bad."

and as her golurk rumbles a comforting coo, her eyes drift between felix and the chirping unown.

"i went into one once or twice. it was definitely a weird experience." will this be similar or different? will they make progress?

her unown goes silent and she stops, confused. did it... find something?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 1:09:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Concerned eyes remained tethered onto Illeana, carefully watching the shifting of her features as her mind drifted from one topic to the next. Times like these made Felix's simplistic outlook a real burden to carry. More than ever, he'd prefer to understand what went on behind those sparkling eyes of hers, and what laid hidden between the small spaces between her words.

Typically, such things were deemed unnecessary for the mercenary. But, after that night he had spent with , where he couldn't even begin to unravel the intricate details of his friend's emotional outpour, Felix grew more curious of the merit of actually peeling back the surface of someone's words. Especially when it came it Illeana.

A huff slipped from his lips. If only...

Illeana's curt stop was what Felix needed to return back to reality.

Repeated screeching beeps began to blare out from Barnaby and his entire body began to shift, stretching and contracting in the most bizarre ways. Each beep begged for his trainer's attention, in a way that screamed both urgency and importance. When Felix did look, he didn't just see the misshapen pokemon, but a new addition to their view: a large tear blackness, oozing at it ends. "..."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:01:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his porygon beeps in rapid succession, almost in time with the distorted chitters of her unown. and maybe in a different situation, it'd sound like bits and pieces of a symphony. this, however, is not the time for music.

she steps closer to felix instinctively, half attempting to tuck herself into his side. goosebumps rise and she swears it's a warning. her back crawls with life, paranoid and agitated.

the tear ripples as it spreads. darkness creeps in quickly as the unown begins to scream. illeana's wincing at the sound and her hands rise to clamp over ears as if that'll stop the sound from grinding into her bones. fuck, it's like nails on a goddamn chalkboard. her golurk rumbles low and she's certain now...

this isn't gonna be good.

and as soon as the thought rises, thunder crackles overhead. the distortion closes in, swallows them up. her body's on high alert even before the first foreign roar rises, subconsciously urging pink mist to waft off skin in curling tendrils. and as she turns toward felix, mouth beginning to open to speak, her golurk lurches with a hammer arm to stop a wild rampardos before it can mow them down.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:27:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Just as Illeana stepped closer to his side, Felix had already begun to shift slightly in front of her, allowing the woman to seek safety behind his right shoulder. The trickling of unease crept across his shoulders, feeling like a horde of spiders nestling into his skin. He ignored it, for the most part, as his determination to protect his companion outweighed the threats of danger.

The tear rippled and rivers of darkness began to pool out from it's mouth, contaminating the area around their feet. Felix tried kicking it's mist from his foot, but that only provoked the lifeless stream further, causing it curl tighter around his ankles.

"Illea-"

Thunder hissed overhead and the distortion pulled them in entirely, slurping up their bodies until they had teleported into another location. A location where a hoard of Ramparods had already begun rampaging towards them.

Barnaby, alongside the Golurk, had been quick to act. He accompanied the hammer arm with a spat of electric energy he had collected up (ZAP CANON), knocking out whatever leftover pokemon dared to inch closer.

Felix, on the other hand, had sprung into action in a similar way. But, rather than zapping out a canon worth of energy, the man had quickly released Gallade from his ball and directed him to keep on the defensive for them.

...All while keeping his right arm tightly wrapped around Illeana's back. Firm and protective, his arm had pulled the woman close to his chest, right against the drumming of his heart. When the coast was clear, he would look down and whisper into her hair, "We're okay now."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:56:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]between hammer arm and zap cannon, the rampardos are quelled for the moment. her unown chitters helplessly, nothing more than a blinking bundle of anxiety and screeches. it almost looks uncomfortable, unstable, scrambling.

her body settles against his with a soft thump. and his heartbeat drowns out the sound of thunder, calming in a way she can't quite place, she lets out a shaky puff of pink. the automaton turns to find its trainer, to ensure she's safe and sound. it rumbles softly once, satisfied with her security, and joins felix's gallade to stand guard.

he whispers, words fanning out over her hair. and her head rises immediately, eyes wide. a bright flush seeps in. it paints her pink and peach as her heartbeat leaps into a quicker pace.

the chittering of her unown rises and snaps her back from distraction, back from focusing too much on him and his arm curled around her back and fingers digging into skin.

"i -- thank you," she whispers back, fumbling over words. lightning erupts in a short burst and for a moment, everything is bright. the rampardos seemingly fizzle and fade. their bodies ripple beneath the sheer spatial pressure of the distortion and new beings shift into place.

for a moment, it's eerily quiet. and then, as another crack of thunder beats down around them, the new beings take form...

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
creation
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 15:12:30 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The next shift in reality came with a rush of pressure.

Just as his arm began to loosen around her, the spatial pressure around them suddenly flared, pressing a heavy invisible force downward on their still tangled bodies. The sounds of draconic screeching rang in their ears, followed by a series of thunderous stomps.

Felix, whose arm was still tightened around Illeana's back, craned his head over hers to peer into the distorted environment around them, only to see a jumble of unfamiliar words and murals.

"Once there were four.
And one looked upon time's steady pace.
And one looked upon the expanse of space.
And one looked through its pane,
And one looked for disorder to maintain.
Only two did set out,
the fullness of future they did seek,
the world's far end would they greet."

He read out, slowly, in an almost possessed state. Beyond being splattered across their vision, this poem of words nearly felt projected into his mind, echoed out by a hollow, deep voice. When it finished, the pressure on their backs paused, and for a moment, they were given a chance to breathe.

"You okay," He asked, voice smothered in concern. Felix had separated their bodies enough to meet her eyes, and when her safety was confirmed, he smiled.

Until it begun again.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
creation
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 20:36:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]pressure falls like a hammer. it squishes her into him while her golurk rumbles out in warning. the unown fluttering nearby nervously chitters louder... perhaps also a warning.

her grip on him tightens as primordial screeching begins to grow in volume. there's a dread festering in her bones and it simply spreads when felix's voice rises among the chaos.

the poem... it strikes familiarity into her mind. terms are loose, strung together by sheer theory alone. and yet, she can't rid herself of the concept. creation. stories of old, stories of a childhood spent with a nose in books. they rush back as if they haven't collected dust, as if they were yesterday.

and she's certain of one thing: it's important.

felix's voice returns to pose a question. she unfurls herself slowly from his chest, his own body shifting away to get a good look at her. he smiles and her own rises immediately, a fuzzy mirror of his. it's bright, warm, fluttery.

"yeah," she reassures. her grip loosens just a bit. "are you?"

the unown's odd sounds grow in volume, in intensity, and her golurk is letting out a low grumble as the sound of rushing feet echoes and begins to close in.