socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 3:15:27 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
when nagi had been narrowing down his choices of where to move to, a collection of factors had edged hoenn over the rest: kanto was out; in a best-of-four dice roll for the remaining regions, hoenn had turned up twice; hoenn was the epicentre of the everything that was sweeping across the world.

and — he had a friend here.

huddled over on a bench by a potted palm, backlit by blue glow, nagi puts on his best impression of a bobbing diglett: head popping up and down from behind the palm in rhythmic intervals as he squints alternately at the phone cupped in his hand, and the entrance of the aquarium.

he had only ever seen danny’s face in pixelated, juddery 2D, over the spotty wifi connection of his old apartment in kalos. what if he’s already walked right past me? should i send another message?

his head bobs a little more vigorously.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 8:48:18 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

shit.[break][break]

danny stares at himself in the mirror for the longest time, taking in all the small details that have changed since the distortion. not much as changed, to be fair, but definitely enough to make a difference.[break][break]

would nagi think he's being catfished? [break][break]

shit.[break][break]

either way, his anxieties fade into the background the moment he sees the person sitting on the bench with the familiar pair of specs he's only ever seen through his screen.[break][break]

"nagi?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dedenne"]

[newclass=".danny"]--accent:#ada3ab; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 15:28:03 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
nagi’s head freezes mid-bob. even if he could miss danny’s face, he couldn’t not recognise that voice, though it sounds fuller, outside of the tin-can sound quality of his old headphone speakers — and, far closer than it had ever been before.

“danny?” nagi echoes, rocking up to his feet. he stands still for a moment, studying danny’s face with his head cocked, silently overlaying years worth of mental screenshots with the features before him — and then he smiles. just a small curl of his lips, but his eyes are alight.

“sorry, sir. i think i mistook you for your younger brother.”

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 17:29:47 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sir?"[break][break]

danny glances off to the side, to one of the glass frames of the exhibits, and peers at his own reflection, briefly studying the changes he's still coming to terms with.[break][break]

"i don't look that old, do i?"[break][break]

he even does a little twirl, similar to a pirouette, to show off his backside that's naturally gotten bigger from all the training he's done since joining rocket.[break][break]

"man, it's me, danny boy."

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 15:14:54 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
nagi can't wolf-whistle, so the sound that comes out of his pursed lips as danny twirls is a little like pissing, ending with a puff of laughter.

"yeah, yeah, i got you, danny boy."

he balls his hand into a fist, and bumps his knuckles into the side of danny's elbow. it's less a punch, and more of a feeble tap, not that nagi's skinny nerd arms had any hope of bowling danny over. he hadn't looked nearly as well-built when pixelated and flat on a screen.

he had looked younger too. less worn, though it was hard to tell stray pixels apart from premature wrinkles.

but he’s still danny — with the face that nagi remembers from years of late nights, hiding the glow of the laptop screen under his covers to sneak in just another half-hour of muffled conversation.

nagi basks in effervescent thrill of hitting his erstwhile online friend in the flesh.

"... it’s good to see you."

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 16:52:35 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah! finally, right? it's been, like, years."[break][break]

years spent talking and bonding has formed a friendship not even distance or time could tear asunder. their bond, forged within the fiery hells of the internet, will continue to live on forever.[break][break]

or maybe until nagi finds out about danny's affiliation to a criminal organization. but until then![break][break]

"oh! someone's been very excited to meet you."[break][break]

poking out from behind danny's neck is a little dedenne, perched on his trainer's shoulder wearing a fancy bowtie.[break][break]

"dee even got all dressed up."

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 11:31:12 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
nagi doesn't think of a looming figure in a dark alleyway and a cold corpse; or of fried rice left to go stale in its takeaway container; curling up on his lumpy motel mattress, rubbing cold fingers together, turning over and over in his head, go home. should i go home?

he thinks: is that a bowtie? afgjklakla and i’m glad i’m here. because he has no reason to think otherwise! not yet.

"shit, that's cute." nagi gives dee a small gentleman's bow. "it's an honor. you're very handsome."

"speaking of which — "

with a flash of red light, a litwick emerges on their customary perch atop nagi's crown. their luminous eyes slide slowly between danny and dee, before they raise one of their small wax arms in a sedate wave. for sherlock, that’s practically a leaping embrace.

“sherlock was up all night,” nagi says. so was he, really. “they were really excited about seeing the fishes— ow.”

sherlock raises a full strand of nagi’s hair triumphantly aloft. 

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 16:09:26 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"talk about cute."[break][break]

anyone would be gushing over this interaction between two friends and their adorable baby pokemon. but no one's watching them, and danny knows because he's looked and still looks on occasion. this is a habit he has had to become very familiar with.[break][break]

danny mirrors the sedate wave, moving almost in slow motion before his arm falls back down to his side.[break][break]

"right! we should get going then. lots of fishes to see."[break][break]

he takes a second to appreciate the moment and just how exciting it actually is that his friend is finally here in the flesh. he could reach out and just grab him — which he does! by the arm.[break][break]

"ready?"

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 14:45:21 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar

any furtive glances at the people around them, any increased surveillance of their surroundings, slip beneath nagi's notice. there’s so much to see at the aquarium, after all. who can be faulted for a little more looking?

the unfamiliar feeling of a hand around his arm makes nagi stiffen for a passing moment. the instinctive urge to pull away fades as quickly as it came. he pauses, weighing something in his mind for a beat, before leaning in to bump his shoulder lightly against danny's. the sheer novelty of being able to do so is still surreal, even though sherlock's earlier attempt to prune his crown would have woken him if this were a dream.

shore am. any favourites?”

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 15:17:45 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

nagi's usual puns would've been met with the nauseated emoji. there are no emojis in real life, however, so danny's left with the only option to roll his eyes in response.[break][break]

not that he actually minds. it's cute.[break][break]

"i think whiscash are my favorite fish."[break][break]

but he thinks on it for a moment.[break][break]

"i've also grown quite fond of seismitoad! they're cute. i think they have a frog exhibit here."

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 16:15:49 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar

"seismitoad? that's the one that —" nagi starts miming with his hands, fingers encircling around air above his head in the vague impression of seismitoad’s head bumps. under his fingers, sherlock gives dee a long-suffering look: see what i have to live with?

a few incomprehensible gestures later, nagi accepts that he doesn’t have even a fraction of mr. mime’s pantomiming acumen. he sets his hands back down, thumb against his chin as he thinks. " — the bumpy frog? i've only seen pictures of those"

he glances sideways at danny, and can’t resist adding: “well, let’s hop to it.”

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 9:07:26 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

dee only nods in return. the rodent has seen his fair of shit as well from his own trainer. perhaps that's why nagi and danny are so good as friends.[break][break]

because they're both dumb.[break][break]

"yes..."[break][break]

danny mirrors, performing a much more believable mime than his friend. dee shoots sherlock another knowing glance.[break][break]

at the pun, danny falters in his step for a moment.[break][break]

"ha. ha. i'm going to punch you."[break][break]

but they hop their way over to the frog exhibit where, unsurprisingly, a seismitoad and politoed duo greet them.[break][break]

"ribbit..."

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 16:47:23 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar

this time, the risk of impending physical violence has nagi smug, not scared. if he ever made a pun so horrific someone suplexed him straight into sinnoh (which is a threat he’s heard before), he would consider it a mark of honour.

so, he schools the shit-eating smirk off his face into an expression of guileless innocence, and says tonelessly, "ahah. punch me?"

in case danny decides to make good on his threat — he’s not ready to go flying to sinnoh yet, not when he’s barely unpacked his luggage in hoenn — nagi sidles closer to the glass wall of the exhibit. he wouldn't punch him in front of their pair of froggy witnesses, would he?

the seismitoad and politoed, on their part, are too busy sunbathing to spare the unfolding schoolyard tussle a glance.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 6:18:19 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

danny turns to make good on his threat only to be stopped by the sight of two amazing amphibians before them. his eyes go wide in awe and appreciation as he takes a step closer to the glass wall as well.[break][break]

"huh. they're kinda like us, don't you think?"[break][break]

before nagi can ask, danny is quick to continue.[break][break]

"the seismitoad is tall and the politoed is short."[break][break]

he turns then to his friend and raises his hand to his head to make a vague gesture to compare their heights.[break][break]

"see?"

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
long time no sea [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 15:50:13 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar

nagi thinks, oh, that’s a low blow, and experiences the karmic turnaround of wanting to punch himself.

he decides to direct that negative energy outwards.

“i,” he says, turning his back to the frogs to spare their innocent, uninterested eyes of this sordid violence, “am going to kick you in the shins. i can do that now.”

he raises one foot to demonstrate. he's at the perfect height for kicking kneecaps. doesn’t even have to squat.

it's the kind of childish public display he would usually be embarrassed about — if there were any more witnesses besides danny, their exasperated pokémon and two frogs with better things to do.