283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
what the fuck, man [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 16:11:57 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

What the absolute flying fuck was going on—

Honestly, the fact of the matter that the news article had pretty much knocked anything else of importance out of his mind.

(Including the fact that someone had approached him and literally turned his entire existence upside down, but that was neither here nor there. Fact of the matter was that this was more urgent.)

First it was suddenly departing for Galar, now ? What was going on?

Who was next between the Kids?

Thankfully Arashi was in the area, and had agreed to meet up right away, coming in for a landing just outside the Gym premises and waiting for the other to come get him as he waited, seated on the shoulder of his Golurk.

He wasn’t going to be allowed entrance to the camp, after all—he’d just shown up out of nowhere and they were in the middle of texting each other about this, too, but he figured, it was best for him to drop by and check in on the other personally.

This… was alarming in and on itself.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 17:15:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

wtf, man

Our friend is gone,

Doug is leaving the base in a rush just as Arashi landed at the gates, his sergeants following after him. He had meant every single one of his words when he replied.

"Arash?" The youth said as the chain fence gate rolled open, brow furrowing at the sight of the other. "... Didn't expect you to come."

He mumbled to himself for a moment, brows furrowed darkly.

"... Nevermind that. Come with me." He muttered, producing some quick protest from his sergeants- protest he silenced with a blank stare.

"... We're going to confirm the body."
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 2:31:32 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Look, I’m surprised the others ain’t here yet, I just happened to be nearby. How’re we going to tell the others, if at all? he inquired as the Golurk lurched downward, offering a hand on the ground.

“We’re going to get there faster on my Golurk, unless you want to walk there?” he continued from his perch, squinting down at the other boy’s companions.

He was—a mess, honestly. With in another region altogether (how the hell were they going to contact the other boy) and then now ’s death all over the news—well, this was foreboding in and on itself.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 18:40:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

wtf, man

Our friend is gone,

Under normal circumstances, Doug would've happily thrown himself onto Arashi's Golurk if it meant saving time.

As things were however... He would much rather never get to the place. Never confirm whether one of his friends was dead or not.

With a tense jaw, Doug regarded Arashi silently while his sergeants awaited his response nervously.

Then, with a deep breath, his arm rose, gesturing at the men and women besides him.

"... Yer right. All of you, return to the base and continue your duties as normal." He said simply, softly.

For a brief moment, the sergeants seemed ready to argue... but after a moment, they simply nodded and saluted, the calls of 'yes sir's ringing in the air before they all turned back towards the base and Doug began to approach Arashi.

"All right... Let's go."
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 11:21:11 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“C’mon, let’s go, we better get there before the cops start poking around too much,” he replied with a grim look on his face as he waited for the other to get on the Golurk’s outstretched hand.

Once the other had boarded, the automaton Pokémon would stand up, momentarily shifting the hand where the other was to the opposite shoulder, before he knocked exactly once on the side of the Golurk’s head.

“Hang on,” was all the warning he would give before the Golurk would shift from ‘walk’ to ‘fly’ mode, taking off with the force of a powerful rocket.

As they hit the air, he looked over at the other and asked, “What do you have so far? I know you got that huge-ass information network somewhere, since you work with the military and all. Any unusual information aside from what the news already reported?”

The sooner they got to the bottom of this, the better.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 13:27:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

wtf, man

Our friend is gone,

Doug shook his head at Arashi's words, sighing.

"It's already on the news, Arashi." He said in a mumble. "We're not goin' to the site anymore."

He swallowed hard as he considered his words.

"... We're going to the morgue." The youth chewed his lip hard as he said this.

He had hoped he wouldn't have to ever go there again- not for personal reasons, at the very least. But Hoenn wasn't kind enough to grant him even that wish.

Shaking his head, Doug gave Arashi a once-over, before swallowing.

"Sergeant."

"Yes Sir?"

"Your hat."

"... Sir?"

"Your coat, too."

"W- what?"

A moment later, Doug and Arashi were rocking away, both cloth items on Doug's hands while the Sergeant cried anime tears in the swiftly disappearing background.

"No." Doug said bluntly in response to Arashi's question. "We don't know anything else. The news report was... oddly informative."

Doug's brow furrowed as he remembered the ominous words that had apparently been left near Ruby's corpse, his jaw tightening.

"What will we tell the rest...?" He couldn't even begin to wonder on how he should go about helping everyone else through this. He didn't feel okay enough to help anyone through it.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 14:31:37 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

Knowing Hoenn, everything had already pretty much gone to shit not once, not twice, but so many times he’d lost track already.

Hell, Johto was quieter than this shit, and that didn’t include any sightings of any Legendary Pokémon and the like! What the fuck, man.

He looked over at Doug, his jaw set in thought. This… well, seeing as the two were now the ‘seniors’ of the group, and Doug was by all means the de facto leader…

“…we tell them how it is. What really happened. No sugarcoating… I mean, you’ve seen worse shit than this, haven’t you,” he remarked quietly.

Arashi himself had seen a lot of shit, too… most of them were charred beyond recognition as the sounds began to vibrate in his ears again before he quickly blinked and pinched the bridge of his nose to bring himself back into the present.

“None of her Pokémon survived?”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 12:05:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

wtf, man

Our friend is gone,

Doug dragged his hand across his face, looking tired.

"I don't know." He told the other lowly, at first, before repeating himself at the second question, teeth grith now. "I don't know, Arashi!"

He wasn't part of whatever branch of the league handled this sort of... Circumstances.

"I only found out about..." He swallowed hard. "About what happened after reading the papers."

Nobody in the league thought he needed to know beforehand, apparently. But then, his friendship with Ruby wasn't exactly written in his business card.

"I had to scream a lot just to get them to tell me where the body is." He said lowly, lips set in a thin line.

After all, this wasn't just a regular murder. Everything about it suggested that it might be tied to recent events in Hoenn...

"... We'll find out everything once we're there." The young man said after a moment, his gaze focusing on their destination as it appeared in the distance, his jaw setting.

"Even if we have to beat the answers out of someone."

Hopefully it didn't come to that.
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 20:27:02 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Never thought you’d actually be the one to suggest that,” he said with a grim look on his face, before giving him an equally-dark smirk.

While it could be misconstrued, fact of the matter was—

“Holy shit they were that tight-lipped about the information, despite you having such a high position with the League?” he mused out loud as their destination approached.

With a singular knock, he then urged the Golurk to fly downward as they were getting close.

While he himself had seen death when he was much younger, this—this particular death had hit them maybe a little too close to home. Seeing as was considered the unofficial ‘team mom’ and everything, the fact that they were down a member of the original ‘Follies’ sobered him up.

Like how he’d been so close to death several times already, but always, somehow, managed to find a way to avoid the reaper’s scythe from claiming him. Maybe death did hang around him that much, and he’d been too swept up to realize it.

“Look, man,” he continued as he looked over at Doug, “…we’ll definitely get to the bottom of this. Hopefully we don’t have to brute-force our way to some information, that’s our last resort.”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 15:51:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

wtf, man

Our friend is gone,

If Doug had even a bit of spirit left in him, he might've laughed at Arashi's words- if only ironically.

"I ain't , Arashi. I'm just a Gym Leader." He said bitterly. "They only tell me stuff when they need me to do something."

It had already been grating him for a good while now. This was as close to breaking the camel's back as it had come, however.

Captain, Gym Leader- neither was as important a position as he had thought them to be a year ago, back when he had been patting himself in the back for achieving both as seemingly quickly as he had.

A Captain was barely anything in the army, he now knew, and Gym Leaders? The League changed them like used socks the moment one left, disappeared or died. As quick as they were gone, new ones were there with their own colorful new gyms and challenges.

The position wasn't as important as people thought- and the proof was in how often those recruited to it were of little to no known background.

"... Yeah, we're." Doug said as the Golurk made landing, the youth leaping off the giant with a lip curled, adjusting his cap as he looked at the morgue. "Whatever it takes."

And with that, Doug chucked his Sergeant's uniform at Arashi's face.

"Now get dressed. This ain't the kinda business a random civilian's just allowed to look into." He said bluntly.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 18:52:38 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Damn, so not everything’s all shiny and shit, huh?” he mused as he gave the other a knowing look.

“Not to be a downer, but the mere mention of that’s gotten me reconsidering joining the League. Like, I’ll join your squad no problem, but if they’re gonna just push you around like that, well…”

He lapsed into silence for the time being.

It didn’t take long for him to be met with a faceful of uniform, and he wrinkled his nose…

“And you really had to get me the one that smells weird, huh?” he went on with a crack; the barest hint of a grin on his face.

“A’ight, a’ight, lemme get dressed before we go bustin’ in the joint.”

To say that the other had thought out of a plan this far was, well, a testament to how much of a strategic thinker Doug really was. Even if he was slightly older than him.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 16:53:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

wtf, man

Our friend is gone,

"Almost nothing is." Doug replied, a bitter smile adorning his lips at Arashi's words. "Fair enough. It ain't glamorous and it's certainly thankless."

He would've been lying if he said he felt his work was appreciated. The whole Sootopolis fiasco had shown to him just how fragile and meaningless reputation was. One failure was all it took for the public to turn on you.

But.

"Just know I don't plan on bein' a scrub forever." The youth said as he gripped the brim of his hat, a serious look in his eye.

They could push him around now, but soon enough...!

"... None of that matters right now." He said as he shook his head quickly, before turning around and waving his hand dismissively.

"T'was the only one in your size." He said at Arashi's crack. "Yeah yeah; I ain't looking. Go." He said.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights