played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 5:13:58 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Since arriving at Rocket's doorstep, Felix hadn't had the chance to introduce himself to all of the admins just yet. So far, only and even knew of his existence, and thankfully, too (if he even remembered his face).

But, thanks to SPECTRA, it seemed he'll soon be able to add another name to that list. 
Wearing a pair of black joggers and a gray undershirt, the man stood near the center of the rocket training room. He had already shifted his gears into training mode, squaring down against one of the hung up sand bags. His heavy punches were making light of the bag's weight, as every third hit held enough force to cause the lug to sway. 
Felix knew that if he wanted to garner 's support for his initiative, he'd have to leave a notable impression. Or, at least, something that'll paint him as reliable. There was just no room for mediocrity.
If he didn't, well, things would only get harder from here on out.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 9:38:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

contrary to what some may believe, rocket is full of mediocrity. it's to be expected from an organization that recruits and accepts anyone as long as they're willing. theo's job is to sift through mediocrity to find potential.[break][break]

it's why 's SPECTRA was as helpful as it was.[break][break]

"felix."[break][break]

not gallagher.[break][break]

"busy training?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-naganadel"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 20:01:40 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The sudden voice sliced through the silence faster than a gunshot.

His hands went limp at his sides and Felix turned his head toward the admin, still heaving heavily from the training. It took a moment, but he eventually answered.

"I'm just passing the time."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 15:57:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"hm."[break][break]

it sounds like an answer theo would give as well. it's enough to garner a small smile from the hr admin only to fade mere seconds after.[break][break]

theo steps up to the punching bag, eyeing it for a moment.[break][break]

"what did you think of SPECTRA?"

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 6:16:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
What did he think of SPECTRA, huh?

"It went alright. Some of the participants looked promising."

And some didn't, he thought to himself.

Worse of all, it put the extent of Rocket's intel into question. How close were those simulations to real life? Could they really consider that training? Alas, those weren't the type of questions one can go blurting out to their supervisor. Not, unless, he was specifically asked to divulge further.

@tag

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 16:36:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it had been a loaded question, really. one simply asked to bridge him to what he's here to do.[break][break]

promising.[break][break]

"like yourself?"[break][break]

he reaches his hand out to tilt the punching bag, shifting the logo to face them.[break][break]

"that's what i saw, anyway."[break][break]

with a sigh, he turns back to the young man.[break][break]

"what are your goals, felix? what do you want to achieve in rocket?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 23:49:23 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Despite the impassive expression he continued to wear, the mercenary felt a zap of shock course through his system..

Him? Promising?

It was a compliment he hadn't expected to receive, much less from an admin he hadn't even spoken to up until now. He half expected most of them to do what his colleagues used to do back in ANVIL-- peer down and bet on the rookies they already vetted, leaving the faceless to seep further into obscurity.

"Goals..." His eyes drifted to the sandbag. Somehow, for the first time in his life, it was actually hard to articulate his objective. As it went far beyond fulfilling the objective of his higherups, and far beyond his own meager objective of simply being able to support .

"To hunt down the league's Avatars, I suppose."
His gaze returned to , "As long as SPECTRA allows it."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 4:04:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it's a goal theo does not share. despite that, he nods, able to understand to a certain extent what may drive felix.[break][break]

he asks regardless, wanting to know more.[break][break]

"any particular reason why?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 16:43:37 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Huh.

Another overloaded question.

There were several reasons, actually. Several reasons he had contemplated in bed for the past few nights (especially after his conversation with ). First, there was 's safety, but that wasn't information he'd easily cough up to this man.

Second, there was SPECTRA's established objective.

Third? Well, "I don't like them." He answered plainly, voice completely flat. "I don't like an enemy that's impossible to defend against."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 16:31:24 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his head shakes, disagreeing.[break][break]

"no enemy is impossible to defend against."[break][break]

not even avatars. especially avatars. glorified by many, people often forget that even with the blessings of legendaries and gods, they are still human. even rocket's strongest in , , and walsh can be killed by something as menial as a stray bullet.[break][break]

". cobalion avatar. how would you hunt her down?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 21:16:06 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"no enemy is impossible to defend against."

Of course, Felix believed in that notion. Tilt the odds in your favor, and you can secure any victory you desire. But that's where his problem lies: tipping the odds in his favor.

But, as always, he didn't want to argue. He knew better than to engage against a higher up on a topic they viewed to be more knowledgeable in. Even when conceding meant swallowing down his thoughts on the matter.

" ?" He echoed back the woman's name. Last he's heard, she recently got promoted to Elite 4 status, making her that much harder target to secure. "Considering how Sootopolis went, I'd go for a hostage angle." His voice slowed as the clogs of his brain cranked through its thought process, considering the possible costs and benefits of such a plan. "Given how her selflessness appears to the easiest weak point worth exploiting."

Felix took a second to pause, his gaze returning to the sandbag. 

"She isn't currently a target of mine, though."

Not right now at least.

That slot was saved for someone else.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 3:52:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the hostage angle seems to be the easiest and most logical approach. to play off her selflessness and desire to help.[break][break]

"i agree."[break][break]

cobalion is the other angle.[break][break]

"hm?"[break][break]

caught slightly by surprise, theo asks:[break][break]

"who's your current target?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 6:41:24 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
" ."

The answer came quick. Easy.

Its attachment, however, trudged slowly behind it with a second of contemplation.

"And ."

Matias was more of an idea than an actual target, but Felix figured there would be no harm in mentioning the name. Besides, rather not waste an opportunity to hear an admin's thoughts on the matter.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 9:20:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

to say felix is ambitious is undercutting it. to have two prominent league figures as his target is very ambitious, bordering on delusional. but theo doesn't dismiss it.[break][break]

"both are out and about in public often but the latter is an easier target. katherine's powers make her particularly difficult to kill."[break][break]

imagine being able to phase through shit. how does one fight against that?[break][break]

"i don't think he has his powers yet."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Dog whistle (social)
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 3:07:36 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Was he ambitious? Sure.

Delusional? Maybe.

As had put it: "no enemy is impossible to defend against."

"I agree, yeah."

But, despite that fact, he held a feeling that the difference in difficulty between the two targets wasn't as large as many would assume.

"As far as I know, he doesn't. Hopefully, it'll stay that way for some time."