awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:13:44 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
It was a very quaint scene: rolling green hills flecked with patches of white, dotted with fields of colorful flowers. A blue sky spread above like a Tiffany blanket, clear of anything save the beaming sun. Memo tipped his head back and let the fresh air rush over him, inhaling deeply.

Jove farted, ruining the moment.

Memo growled, deep in his throat, giving the Dubwool a venomous glare.

The caprine in question ignored him and ripped up another clod of grass, chewing loudly.

“I think you have the right idea,” Memo said to his sheepherding compatriot, who stood nearby, likely also on the lookout for predators or thieves, “in keeping yours babies, forever.”

A local Wooloo ranch had put out feelers for help guarding their flock on a day when the regular shepherds needed off. Knowing Alexei’s affinity for the species, Memo had reached out to see if maybe the Gym Leader and sanctuary keeper wanted to assist, in the interest of protecting the wee sheepies, and also doing a good deed.

Also, it was a good excuse to spend more time with him. But Alexei didn’t need to know that.

If Memo was hoping a connection with the innocence of a vision of his younger self would help soften Jove, he was wrong. The Dubwool was still surly and bitter, and turned his rotund, flatulent behind directly at his trainer to show it.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:37:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Told you,” was all he responded with at first, because who knew, that motherfucking Woo—well, whatever Wooloo evolved into—would turn out to be these dour, grumpy, ugly-ass…

Yeah, Alexei had very strong opinions about Wooloo, and he’d even made sure to get Everstones for all of his herd because there was no way in ass hell he was going to let any single one of them evolve.

Well, with the little child it wasn’t going to be actually possible since she was the runt of the entire herd that he’d adopted her from, but still…

He’d made sure to bring along both the dads for this instance, and up in the sky there were two extra pairs of eyes keeping guard over a wider area just in case they were snuck up on.

“I mean… look at ‘em!” he said, gesturing over at the conceited Wooloo that still had very faintly-colored rainbow wool; and the other still had a few last stubborn patches of gold and silver galactic stars in his own black fur.

“…the paint’s taking forever to take out,” he admitted with an embarrassed chuckle.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 20:52:47 GMT
It was nice to see Alexei get excited about the fields of Wooloo; there was a sparkle in his eyes that only the little sheep seemed to bring out.

“Hey, I got him like this,” Memo said, jerking a thumb in Jove’s direction. “He didn’t get enough love as a child, or something.”

Jove snorted, a throaty, wet sound.

“He certainly wasn’t raised by you,” Memo said, grinning.

A shadow passed overhead-- one of Alexei’s Pokemon doing a round of surveillance and making sure everything was okay.

“Don’t you shear them?” Memo asked, looking over Will and Smokey’s briefly technicolor coats. He brushed his hand over the latter’s soft head, unaware he was even doing it; he’d adopted the family as his own, and quickly. “‘Cause if their fleece gets too long, they can’t move. S’what the Pokedex says.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 21:02:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei could only snort at the not-quite-a-Wooloo’s evolved form, who had the utter audacity and balls to snort at them!

Wow, how—

“Has he always been this rude?” he inquired quietly, rolling his eyes pointedly when the other sheep…sheep-like creature wasn’t looking at him. Oy, what a time for him to be on the receiving end of that sass and attitude!

Anyway…

“Memo,” he continued, unable to resist the bubble of laughter that broke out of him, “…you do know what the hell they look like under all that wool, right?”

Surely the other didn’t need to see the nightmare fuel that was a shorn Wooloo… or had he? Who knew?

Just to make sure that the other was distracted from the grumpy not-Wooloo, he hatched a plan. It was… it was literally on the spot.

“I got a question for you.”

After letting a few moments of silence pass, he then asked the other,

“Name something that follows the word ‘pork’.”

(Oh boy.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 21:55:46 GMT
“Aw, I bet they look cute,” Memo insisted, thinking it was pretty much impossible for a Wooloo to not look cute.

Memo tilted his head curiously, awaiting Alexei’s question; as soon as the first words left the blonde’s lips, he had already devolved into giggles.

“Oh, my god,” he snickered, sweeping his hair out of his face with a faux-pained look, “we gotta find you something else to watch besides Family Feud reruns.” But even as he said it, it was unconvincing, more laughter than spoken word.

Of course, Jove had to ruin the moment. As though to answer Alexei’s protestations, Jove swung his head 'round and took a big chomp out of the blonde’s pant leg, ripping a section of fabric loose from the calf portion of his bottoms. Jove chewed the material for a few seconds, goat style, then spat it out, where it was lifted up and carried away in the wind.

“Jove,” Memo hissed, secretly grateful it wasn’t part of his velvet Tom Ford tracksuit. He gave his Dubwool a gentle push with his hip and shooed the grouchy sheep away. Jove baaa’d irritably and meandered down the hillside, munching as he went.

“Sorry about your pants,” Memo said, though he couldn’t keep the smile off his face, “I’ll buy you a new pair.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 0:10:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, your ‘Jove’ has definitely reinforced my opinion on never evolving my Wooloos at all,” he said with a chuckle.

And then—he was pretty much found out.

“Aw man, you’ve been watching those clip compilations I’ve shared with you?” he added with another chuckle—well, this one was borderline immoderate already considering he’d picked a very specific line that he was pretty sure the other wasn’t going to get.

Looks like he’d have to step up his game on the cheesy cracks from ‘family-oriented’ game shows, then!

Before he could make a further retort—

“Aw, c’mon! Not these jeans!” he cried out with a groan—and this time, both sets of eyes on the ground followed the not-Wooloo, Smokey even giving a very aggressive-sounding bleat after the fleeing Jove.

“Yeah, no, I don’t think any of these two ever wanna evolve, ‘specially after what they saw just now,” he continued as both the crowned and uncrowned Wooloo crowded around him, determined to keep the interloper away from Alexei!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 19:29:24 GMT
“Of course I have,” Memo said, snickering still. “You send me videos and I watch ‘em.” They were always funny, even if Memo was only laughing because he thought it was adorable Alexei was sending him Family Feud compilations.

But a brother had a soft spot for Steve Harvey.

Jove was still meandering away in complete disregard for any feelings he may have hurt. The boy just didn’t care. He was 100lbs of not giving a damn. Sometimes, Memo aspired to be him.

“I’m sorry. I guess you could say, evolving isn’t in their jeans.”

He was trying so hard not to break out in laughter.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 19:36:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the last statement, he let out the loudest snort that caused both William and Smokey to give him their equivalent of the ‘stink eye’.

“Oh my god Memo that was absolutely terrible,” he wheezed out in between bouts of laughter. “I can’t pun to save my life, you know. I suck.

Both white and black Wooloos let out baa’ing noises before looking around, just in case the big-ass ugly decided to come by and ruin their human’s mood again.

“Oh, now look who’s being overprotective,” he said once the laughter had died down, indicating the normal and shiny Wooloo who now absolutely refused to leave him alone. Because they now had it out for the not-Wooloo. Ruining his jeans, too!

“You think today’s going to be a quiet day?” he asked a few moments later.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 20:07:37 GMT
His face reddened and breath thin from laughter, he released Zuza, just so he could lean back against the warmth of her body. She ruffled his hair with her soft nose, then went to grazing, just as the Wooloo in the field. He let his head tip back and he closed his eyes.

God, a quiet day. What a dream. A day where they could both just chill there, in the sun, together, watching the Wooloo and having a laugh. Nothing trying to kill them. Nothing trying to shit on them. A day where the worst thing they had to worry about was a cranky old goat.

“Would be nice, wouldn’t it?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 20:39:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He could only stare at the grumpy not-ovine (how did something as cute as Wooloo suddenly sprout horns and become extremely grumpy?) before looking down at the two extremely cute ovines that were baa’ing and basically doing their best to keep the grumpy one away from him…

“They got a little overprotective,” he chuckled.

Up in the skies, the Salamence and Braviary continued to circle—however there was nothing in sight.

Looks like today was going to be a quiet day, after all. Nothing crazy or reckless happening.

“You think Jove was dropped on his head when he was a Wooloo? Made him all grumpy?” he mused quietly, trying to ponder how and why something descended from a Wooloo became that dour and bitter…

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 19:05:51 GMT
“Ah, I don’t think he’d actually hurt you,” Memo said, surprising himself by sticking up for Jove. But even that cantankerous old goat was a part of his family, now.

There was a pang in his heart and a catch in his throat. Family.

“He’s-- ah, he’s just a grump,” he said, fighting down an unexpected wave of emotion. He cleared his throat to cover it up-- if Alexei asked, he’d blame it on allergies.

“I don’t honestly know,” Memo said, thinking back on his life experiences and wondering what may have made Jove… Jove. “I don’t think he was dropped. I think, more likely, he just didn’t have a loving, supportive parent. Like Will and Smokey have you.”

And I have no one. He tensed his fingers in Zuza’s mane, but forced himself to smile. He was not ruining this day with the unexpected emos.

"We have a saying, back home. A veces, un trasero es sólo un trasero. It means, sometimes an ass is just an ass."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 19:17:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The two sheepies baa’d, staring at the bigger version of themselves who had—

“Did he just fart, again?” Alexei remarked with a bit of a frown. Oh, dear djinni what the hell was that?!

Unfortunately the wind was blowing in their direction, and there it was—his nose wrinkled. Even the two Wooloo by his feet baa’d loudly, forming a sort of defensive screen by his feet. Like hell they were going to let that not-Wooloo near him again!

“Basically… you just described Jove, right there,” he added with a fit of laughter before cupping his hand s his voice would carry down the hill.

“Try to be nice for a change, huh?!” he shouted at the not-Wooloo.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 22:56:46 GMT
Memo snickered.

“Probably.”

Jove was wandering further and further away from them, grazing as he went. It was mighty powerful flatulence to make it all the way up the hill and foul the sweet breeze rushing across the fields.

“I wonder if he’s gonna be a bad influence for all the Wooloo out there,” Memo mused, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 20:30:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look at Will and Smokey, they’re definitely not going to take after Jove!” he gestured at the two sheepies, who were literally barricading themselves just in case the grumpy ol’ not-Wooloo decided to wander back up where they were.

After a few moments, he wondered about something.

“…you think, if Jove becomes a parent, he’d loosen up, or something?” he thought out loud.

It was a definitely possibility, however it was one that he wasn’t sure was going to work… considering how grumpy the not-Wooloo was.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
a point in subtlety
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 15:36:01 GMT
Memo snickered.

Memo let his gaze fall over Alexei’s prize sheep, bravely protecting their trainer from the evils that Jove and his irritable flatulence presented. “That’s true,” he allowed.

What Alexei said next made him choke on the oxygen in his throat.

“Wha-- no, Alex,” he said, looking at his… friend? Partner? Fellow shepherd, yeah, let’s go with that. “I don’t think becoming a parent is the answer to anything, let alone personality issues.”

He thought of his family.

“Where’d that idea come from?” he asked, tone gentling.