snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 19:05:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]by her calculations... or, well, rather the lines she's scratched into the walls, it's been about two weeks.

each day, like clockwork, someone comes. they leave food, water, and silence. she never eats.

she stays in a single corner, curled up against cold brick. pink mist blankets the floor, her body, and yet, she still shivers.

the sound of footsteps echoes. they're different. quicker, rushed, almost panicked. and her head perks up at the sound, struggling to not hope.

she shifts against brick and stone, careful of shattered bones in a wrist. and when finally finds her, she'll look so small, so fragile against stonework. broken down and left as bones, the consequences of her actions keeping her prisoner.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 5:32:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
When Illeana hadn't shown up at his house, as they had planned, Felix had felt strange. The disappointment wasn't a feeling he'd grown too familiar with, as his expectations are purposely as low as they can be, but for this situation, he couldn't shake off the bitter taste that kept on his tongue.

Was it something he said? Did he do something wrong?

For the days that followed, those were the type of questions that occasionally drifted in his mind, reminding him of that same bitter taste.

As the end of the week rolled along, Illeana still hadn't responded to his messages or calls. Typically, he wouldn't continue to pester someone this way, but with their work on the creation trio on the line, he had felt safe in doing so. And, when he eventually convinced himself to call her office, the situation only soured.

She was missing.

The week that came after was one of spiraling emotions that pulled at Felix's fears. This, of course, only spiked when he overheard a particularly concerning the conversation between two new rocket grunts.

After a bit of digging, planning, and training, he'd manage to figure out the rotational guard situation rocket had set up for her imprisonment. Picking out the most vulnerable rotation didn't take too long, and when he did, Felix was able to somewhat easily slip by security through a series of knockouts and discreet movement.

Now came the hard part: forcing his lips to stay stitched shut. Hurriedly, his footsteps rushed to the cage, and with a bit of difficulty, he was able to jiggle the lock open with the key he had secured. Kneeling next to her fragile, weakened body, Felix pulled down at his mask. "Illie..."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 0:14:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's an odd sort of thing to feel hopeful yet not. she feels it surge in her throat the moment the cage rattles. and when it's pried open, she has to choke the sensation back down.

no... this isn't a rescue. this is something else.

she expects pain when the body comes closer and recoils at the presence. flattening herself into stone is feeble but maybe she'll look like it a little. she's pale enough, perhaps.

and then... that familiar voice rings out and she's choking out a sob.

"felix...?" it comes broken, crumbling, destroyed. and when she drags her head up, there's a hollowness to once bright red. it doesn't stop her from scrambling, from grabbing for him with both hands. she hisses in pain over her broken wrist but it's nothing compared to holding onto him, to feeling him.

she whimpers, then, as a stray thought rises.

"are you...?" real. are you real?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 18:20:33 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Frail and broken, Illeana looked more like a crumpled flower than the woman Felix's used to seeing.

And her voice...?

It's weak tune tore at his contrite heart. How could he let this happen to her? By an organization he's apart of, no less. The familiar feeling of guilt burdens his shoulders, reminding his tongue of the bitter taste his run-in with recently introduced him to.

Brows knitted together, guilt-filled eyes, Felix's gaze desperately searched the woman, unsure how to process what he was looking at, or how to react at all. When she gripped onto his shirt, he'd only lean forward, allowing her face to nearly brush against hers.

"I'm here," He assured her, "I..."

He caught himself from divulging further. They didn't have the luxury of reconnecting-- they had to leave now, before someone important notices.

"We have to go. Can you stand?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 22:55:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's too exhausted to pick out pieces of a puzzle and sort through until she figures out that look in his eyes. it's left untouched, festering.

and when he leans, she's slumps. his body is surprisingly familiar beneath hers. firm, safe, warm. she shivers. their faces almost brush and maybe if it were another situation, she'd take a leap.

this isn't the time nor the place.

"thank you," comes in a soft, breathy whisper placed somewhere toward his ear and mumbled mostly into his neck. thank you for saving me, for still being here. it means more than you know.

and it's lost beneath time and pressure and the dread making her nauseous. she steadily bleeds both pink mist and small drops of blood, cuts and scrapes soothed into a semi healing process. it does little on her wrist but... bones have always taken her more time to heal.

"i -- yeah," she forces out. and if she can't, she'll figure something out.

when she tries to rise, however, her legs wobble and shake. they threaten to give out and she releases his shirt to brace the wall with one hand. it earns a whimper. wrong choice of hands... fuck. the chains rattle and she looks up at him, helpless.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 3:52:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Her whimpers of gratitude only further add to this piling burden of guilt he felt. Swallowing hard, he only nodded, as his gaze continued to search the injuries scattered across her body.

When she rose to her feet, shakily, Felix followed suit, only to immediately run back to her aid when her state becomes clearer than it already was. He slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her against him.

With his free hand, he fished out a ball from his belt and he released his dragapult. The spectral pokemon let out a long yawn upon its escape.

"To point E," Felix told the pokemon.

A large gurgle crawled up its throat, and when it reached its lips, it came out as a flood of black splatting against the opposing wall. Left behind was a portal, prepared especially for their escape.

Felix's grip on Illeana tightened, and with a surge of strength, he lifted her frail body into his arms, carrying her princess style.

"Sorry."

With that all said and done, he simply walked towards the dripping mess of a portal. And soon the world around them melted away like it had done once before, this time transporting them to a much more familiar environment: an enclosed warehouse near the edge of sootpolis' docks.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 23:32:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she holds onto him like a lifeline: too tight, trembling hands producing white knuckles. it hurts her wrist, sure, but freedom is so close... she can almost taste it.

and holding on a little longer is worth the pain to see the light again. it has to be.

his dragapult spews a black tar sort of substance onto the wall. when it drips, a portal begins to form. and she gasps softly when felix hoists her up, surprise settling into exhaustion soon after. her arms feel like weights when she lifts them. she drags them up to hold at his neck. the grip is looser than it was around the fabric of his shirt.

the rest of her body relaxes into a safety she hasn't felt in weeks. it's nice, warm, comforting, felix.

he steps into the portal. and they emerge on the other side, the walls keeping her prisoner no longer in sight. she sees crates, smells the sea, and tears begin to bubble at waterlines. her head turns into the crook of his neck and gratitude overtakes sense. a soft kiss presses to the skin of his neck before she's openly crying, feebly raising her bad hand to wipe tears away. she really shouldn't use his shirt as a tissue...

"felix," comes quietly. her grip tightens, then, and the hushed whisper of his name quickly breaks into a sob. here, in the confines of a warehouse, held against him, does she finally shatter completely.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 18:00:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
When he looks down again, the former image of his old friend only shattered further, as another petal withered away, and the pressures of the past few weeks finally fully give in. The sight alone was enough to numb all else, even the soft kiss on his neck.

Setting her down beside a particularly large crate, Felix took to her side, wrapping his armS around her, to both secure her upward, while also bringing her into his chest. During these fragile moments, he was far from the best source of condolement, as it often felt like the words grew wet and sticky in his throat, like tar unable to squeeze out. His brain, on the other hand, only sputtered and spark, as thoughts raced around and around, trying its best to figure out what'd be the most comforting to hear. The only thing that didn't feel like a game of tug of war was his action, which came at speeds unrecognizable for the cold mercenary.

Keeping her head to his chest, he allowed her tears to quickly stain his shirt. "Illie..." Uncharacteristically soft and tender, he whispered into her hair, his fingers deepening their hold around her waist. "It's okay now. I...They can't hurt you here."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 1:30:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he sets her down as if he's afraid to break her further. jagged, sharp edges of former glory clinking together in a heap against a large container.

and she had always wanted to be diamond, steel, ivory. something unbreakable, something valuable. instead... she's cracked porcelain pieces thrown on a floor.

he cradles her anyway. and if his hands bleed from sharpened pieces, he shows no indication. there's only a soft gentleness, a tenderness she hasn't seen in... god, it feels like ages. time persists, time bleeds, time flows. and with it, this, too, will flow into a distant memory.

at least, she hopes.

fingers dig into the waist and it's not suffocating. it's not imprisonment. no, there's freedom in his fingertips, in the way he holds her. she's no longer a bird kept in a cage of stone and iron. he made sure of that. and for this, she might never be able to repay him.

"felix," she whispers again. it's still hoarse, dry, clinging to her throat. somehow she manages to wiggle a little closer into his warmth and a shiver follows. "i -- thank you." she doesn't know what else to say besides spewing gratitude.

well... there's one thing.

it bleeds into her movements, into the way her hands cling to him with white knuckles and a whimper. don't leave, don't go. fear and desperation often go hand in hand. it's no different here, with the threat of chains still on her mind.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 3:57:47 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Hands clutched tightly to his shirt, for once in his life, Felix felt the burdens of another's emotions. Grief, fear, relief-- it all dwell inside his chest, heavy and unrelenting.

Furthering wrapping his right arm around her waist, Felix brings his other hand to her head, stroking it. Again, this idea of comforting someone else was completely unheard of, and so, he just allowed his body to move naturally.

"Illie..." His voice was as soft, brimming with guilt. Hair twisted around his fingers as they dug deepening her flood of hair. Hidden apologies bled from his actions, from his open, chapped lips and tilted eyes. But, alas, the most he could do was say: "...sorry."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 1:36:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]comfort. it's a need, a desire, even a reward. she clings to it, to him, with white knuckles and trembling limbs. and god, illeana's never been holy but she'd repent for the rest of her life to keep this. everything comes with a price, however, and hers is steep.

he holds her closer and it's sweet, gentle, tender. hands cradling her head, stroking hair. she's lulled into a sense of relief, a sense of peace. and for a little while, it settles her down into slight sniffles. her tears slowly dry and trembling eases into small shivers and then into dust.

and despite the freedom at her fingertips or the affection in his grasp, there's an underlying tone of something. it's subtle as it always is. leaping from shadow to shadow, following close at her heels or from an agonizing distance. the tone she's set since her arrival until now has weaved and coiled, somehow unbroken despite her best efforts. and it's simple, really: the end is seen as it begins.

the downfall of illeana reyes is prophesized. it is woven into fate with cherry red string and good intentions. knowledge becomes power and power becomes the undoing. the fissures in her, from war and loss to capture and powerlessness, grow wider. and in them, fear festers. it grows until it consumes.

and what then? will he still be there in the aftermath?

for now, she sighs softly into his chest and snuggles a little closer, a quiet question rising after a slight silence.

"why?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 20:43:02 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Why?

It was a question he was growing more and more familiar with, as the ghost of his past self ripped away from his skin. Behind the thick blanket of silicon and regret, a lost boy laid. The same boy his father used to disaparage, and his mind had almost forgotten.

"I..." His mouth ran dry. He couldn't tell her, even if he wanted to. It'd make things messy-- unfixable. Maybe it would be better that way, he had almost thought, but the lost boy knew better than to believe such fictious lies. Losing Illeana? That would cost more than the lost of his own arm.

"Nothing."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 21:12:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she understands, in a way.

some things are better left unsaid. and some, unfortunately, come out no matter how hard you try to stop it. whatever he's sorry for dies in his throat and with it, the premature fracturing of a mending relationship.

and if he had actually said what he wanted, would it change anything? it's left for another time, another place.

for now, she exists in a small pocket of space held against him. it's comfortable here, cozy and warm in a way she doesn't understand. essence of childhood feelings resurface with a vengeance and bubble beneath her skin. she likes it more than paranoia and fear, at least. besides, it's a harmless crush... how badly could it hurt?

perhaps... extremely.

finally, after the swell of silence grows overwhelming, she whispers to him, "felix?"

a question that needs asking, that needs answering, follows.

"could you stay with me?" not here but home. and maybe, even, long after that.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
how you get the girl
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 4:30:05 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The tenderness of her voice crawled at his heart.

It was hard, to listen to someone you care about go through so much and know you played a part in causing it. was innocent. She didn't deserve this.

Squeezing his eyes close, a shot of hot hair blew out from his nostrils, lightly rustling the loose bits of her clothes. When they reopen, theirs is a remoteness to them. As if he had deliberately detached himself from the situation, both mentally and emotionally before it could mess with his thoughts any further.

Still, a piece of his heart still resided within him.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Arms tightening around her body, Felix lifted the woman back up, carrying her in a similar style as before. Slow, paced-out footsteps thud against the concrete flooring, as his eyes kept pointed forward. Home. He had to take her home before anyone noticed.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
how you get the girl
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 0:57:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's reassuring, those little words. something about a promise makes her warm, safe, secure. and most of the time... stupid.

this is no different.

she clings to his body as if he'll slip through her fingers if she lets go. perhaps, in a way, he might. it's an odd sort of concept to think about. something so real just evaporating out of her grasp like it had never been hers at all.

and he's not hers, not really.

he lifts her up and she curls into him, eyes heavy with exhaustion. slow footsteps become white noise. and sleep beckons her as all energy finally fades out of the body like a flame flickering until it finally blows out with a puff of smoke.

a soft, tired mumble escapes before slumber claims her.

"thank you."