She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 19:10:25 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
Hurried footsteps pounded up the stairs. Step by step, Soleil sprinted across the stairwell, her mind left in a frenzy of pissed-off emotions and time management. Ever since arriving to Hoenn, the trail on her sister's disappearance was stale at best. That is, until a pal from Slateport phoned in a tip.

Now, with little time to lose, she had to race back to her desk to retrieve the stupid ass keys she had forgotten on her desk.

Damn that Paxton for not reminding her.

Slamming the door open, the woman threw herself at the deeply disorganized desk, her eyes left with little time to digest it's surroundings, or the familiar face that filled her peripheral vision. It wasn't until she was at her own desk did she realize who was standing nearly 4 feet away.

Shit.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
pull me baby, i'm your trigger
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 20:01:47 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calliesimp"]
time. what an odd concept — time had passed, years, since she had seen the likes of and yet things were still the same.

[break][break] her fingers press against her new badge, feeling it strange still to see the word hoenn where she had always seen kanto. her hand tightens around the plastic, teeth gritting as she pushes down the feelings that had consumed her on the entire planeride here: failure, cowardice, betrayal.

[break][break] she hadn't wanted to leave. she'd done everything in her power not to, and yet —

[break][break] her chest is tight.

[break][break] callie isn't looking up from where she's standing, not until a nearby door blows open and a woman comes rushing in. at first, the sergeant doesn't take notice. it's not unusual for officers to come billowing about, rough and tumble as they sometimes were. it's only when she glances back up again, catching a familiar glimpse of hair —

[break][break] her breath leaves her.

[break][break] "sol?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".calliesimp"] --accent:#708CD4; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calliesimp"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliesimp blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .calliesimp blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .calliesimp blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calliesimp .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliesimp .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Sol
She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 15:05:50 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
The voice only confirmed her suspicion.

Brows furrowed, lips wiggled up into a guilty smile, the woman slowly turned towards the other.

"Hey, Callie..."

As she said her name, she could almost taste the pile of dust that came with it. Old, and nearly foreign, her name left a strange taste in her mouth.

With hair no longer obscuring the majority of her face, would have free reigned to notice all little reminders @aver and the other rockets had left for her. Minus the most obvious one, a large scar line now marked up the left-most side of her face, starting out at the peak of cheekbone and trailing down til past her lips, almost like a line of contour.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 15:50:35 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

the floor drops beneath her, the air leaving her lungs and the world spins on its axis. standing in front of her is the one person that she thought she would never see again. the one woman that had once been her entire life — her sun, her stars, her sky. her comrade in arms, her best friend, her family.

[break][break] standing in front of her is none other than .

[break][break] retired, kidnapped, thought to be dead.

[break][break] "hey, callie."

[break][break] she can breathe again.

[break][break] eyepatch or not, she would have recognized that voice anywhere.

[break][break] without thinking twice about it, callie breaks into a sprint and attempts to pull the other into a crushing embrace. sol. it was really her, wasn't it?

[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".calliesimp"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliesimp blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .calliesimp blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .calliesimp blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calliesimp .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliesimp .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Sol
She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 5:04:51 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
A strong pair of arms soon embraced her. Each time she squirmed beneath them, she could feel the grip tighten, as if she'd make headway into the night at the earliest opportunity. Or, even worse, it felt as if Callie was questioning her very existence.

It was an odd feeling-- to be hugged by an old friend you'd thought to never see again. If she were to place a word to it, it'd be guilt. Shame. A sickening feeling that curled up the sides of her stomach, jabbing at it with the occasional gut punch. It took a second, but Soleil's arms eventually slithered around Callie's back as well, returning the crushing embrace with a squeeze of her own.

"I've missed you,"
She whispered, her voice near the edge of cracking.

[/
close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 5:29:44 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
her arms squeeze around the other — tight, unforgiving, unrelenting. almost as if she lessens up, she's afraid that will disappear from her sight again. never to be found again.

[break][break] her eyes burn, and she burrows her face in the other's shoulder.

[break][break] fuck.

[break][break] "i - " she whispers, her voice catching. "i can't believe it's you." she pulls away, staring deeply at the other, gaze burning. "it is you, isn't it?"

[break][break] one hand reaches up to the other, the back of her hand brushing against her friend's cheek.

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Sol
She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 18:25:07 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
Callie's words did a number to her heart. Upper cuts, jabs, kicks. She had unintentionally transformed it into the world's frailest sandbag. But, not only that, she had unlocked a feeling Soleil had felt herself succumbing to in years: excitement.

It felt like a small spark with promise to grow. But, at the same time, its vulnerabilities equaled its promise -- one strong breeze is all it'd take to snuff it out.

Brows quirked upward, Callie had pulled herself away just enough to allow both of them a full view of each other's face.

"It's me," she croaked out. Reaching up, her own hand traced Callie's face, outlining the cut of her jaw. It felt so familiar, and yet, different all the same.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 21:15:56 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
her and had always had a connection like no other. even as kids, electricity had sparked between them in form of good-natured competition and rivalry. callie had many friends in her life, but none other sparked a fire in her like the one that sol did. and when sol had been gone, all that fire had been snuffed out — and turned to ash.

[break][break] but staring in her eyes again — her single eye, that is — stirred something anew in her. like heat sparking amongst the ash.

[break][break] she swallowed, thickly, then pulled away.

[break][break] her cheeks burned with the signs of a telltale blush.

[break][break] "you're alive," she said. and it was just then, as if everything that had been building up in the last few minutes came crashing down. "you're alive!" she said, and this time it wasn't with excitement. it was accusatory.

[break][break] "since when? how long?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Sol
She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 3:18:46 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar

Each second spent in her arms felt more painful as the first. Because, similar to Callie, Soleil's heart was roaring more than it has in the past two years. For once, she felt alive again. Reborn anew. 

Only for everything to come crashing down to reality.

"Since forever." she attempted to wiggle of the entrapments Callie was placing. "Can't really come back to life after dying."

It was a poor joke, considering their situation, but she still offered it with a sheepish smile. Behind it, however, guilt raked her bones, causing a shudder to run down her spine.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 7:38:20 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
like someone feels in the aftermath of a horrible event, like a car accident, there had first only been a surge &mdadsh; of shock, surprise, relief. but then, once the adrenaline dies down, so does everything fall with it.

[break][break] reality was cruel, cruel thing, after all.

[break][break] "you know what i mean!" she says - no snaps. she lets wriggle out of her grip, because callie's now not staring at her with all the love and relief of a friendship thought to be lost. no, she's accusing now.

[break][break] "you've been alive this whole time. have you been in hoenn? how come you never called?"

[break][break] most importantly —

[break][break] "why did you leave?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Sol
She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 18:46:14 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
"I didn't leave!" Her voice went hoarse.

She might've chosen to stay in Johoto.

She might've chosen to conceal her return from Callie.

But she didn't choose to leave them -- she would never choose to leave her.

Fists curled up at her sides as she took a step forward, a step closer to Callie. "Back then, when we got overran, Rocket... They got me. Kept me captive for a year. It's how I got this," she pointed to her eye, "it's why I 'left'"

The rest of her questions were easier to ignore.

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 6:12:49 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
the words come out without meaning to. like spitting glass shards, they cut and slice on the way out.

[break][break] the other officer steps forward towards her and because callie has never been the type of person to step back, she doesn't. it hurts, but she stays still, her gaze burning into someone who she thought was her best friend, her soulmate.

[break][break] sol points to her eye, and it's nearly enough to make callie wince, to break out of the fire that is burning in her chest. nearly. but it doesn't.

[break][break] "so why didn't you call? why didn't you look for me? i could've helped, sol."

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 3:06:29 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
She wanted to. More than anything else, she wanted to cry out for Callie back then, and feel the strength of her arms around her. But, whenever she picked up the phone, the shame and embarrassment made it all to hard to finish dialing.

Soleil's gaze fell to the floor. The radiance of her old self, the person Callie has grown to know, was all but snuffed out.

"I didn't want you to see me like this..."

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
solar eclipse (s)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 5:51:50 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
it's aggravating — infuriating.

[break][break] as sol turns away from her, staring at the floor, in an almost-forelorn way, callie doesn't feel remorse. she just feels anger. betrayal.

[break][break] "see you like what, sol?" she demands, gaze burning, unwilling to look away. "we've been friends since we were kids. we've been through everything together — everything. you're my —" her voice chokes, and it's her time to break away.

[break][break] "what did you think? don't you trust me?"

[attr="class","notes"]