3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 18:06:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

‘You had the advantage the last time. Or are you afraid?’

Lars, on the outside, had to stifle another bark of laughter as he knocked the ashes off the cigarette he was holding. Damn, having easy access to eavesdropping was too much in this instance!

“Are you chickening out?” he called from the outside, taking another inhale and flicking more ashes away from the cigarette.

‘You humans really know how to think of the most humiliating compromises.’

And then a sudden burst of frigid wind blew through the chamber proper, chilling the air within even more than it already was.

“Oh, shit,” was all Lars could remark as he felt the ‘chilly’ wind from inside reach him. It—it felt like a slight tickle to him, after all.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 20:59:51 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The draft ran though the cave chamber and up the back of the fire-trainer, sending literal chills shooting down his spine.

It all happened so fast he was only just barely able to react; only just barely.

He threw his hands up as the cold winds gathered under Articuno's plumes and at the heave of its mighty frigid wings the force its icy intent was thrown not at him, but at the entirety of the chamber in full.

Misty vapors and chilled particulate crashed against the redhead; a 'smoke bomb' of icy sediment and frozen fog. The sensation of small pin-pricks stinging his arms and face as he stood his ground.

That atmosphere dropped degrees in the dozens in an instant. A simple mammalian exhalation spewed thick vapors of heat into the cave atmosphere.

A layer of ice grew over everything and for a moment, the cave was silent.

When the debris and the winds settled in the new lowered temperature, Sénon Game stood, frozen stiff.

● tags:
● notes: mission specs

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 16:11:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Huh,” he remarked as the other side went—quiet.

Okay, what the fuck was going on.

The good thing was that the cigarette had already been extinguished, and he didn’t need to light another one.

“Red, what the hell are you—” he called out, wondering why the other one wasn’t answering. Maybe he’d gotten the hang of talking with the snarky one in his head?

However, he could hear the snarky voice calling his attention—

‘Good grief, are normal humans like this?’

“What do you mean?”

‘I think you better come around and see.’

“What the hell did you do—” he asked, before pinching the bridge of his nose and rounding the corner again—

“You… YOU FROZE HIM?!

‘What? No! I didn’t use that ace move we have!’

“Then what the hell is this?!” he exclaimed, walking forward and then gesturing to the statue-ified redhead.

‘I just blew a cold wind!’

“You know your wind doesn’t affect me at all, but it still affects other people!” Lars exclaimed again, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

‘I didn’t realize!’

“She’s going to kill me!” he continued, realizing that the other was already engaged, and then—

“Sono così fottuto!”* he hissed in Alto Marean, before quickly rubbing his hands together and attempting to pull off the layer of frost that had congealed around the redhead, concentrating with all his might.

‘What are you doing?’

“Trying to defrost him, idiota!” he exclaimed again, willing the frost to separate from the other.

“You might’ve given him acute frostbite or something!”

* I am so fucking screwed!

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 16:57:42 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

wasn't going to like this.

Not only was Sénon frozen to hazard, its infernape and other chimchar had vanished.

What a fickle thing human life was, one minute you were all fire and vigor and the next you were a block of iced meat.

It was a horrid thing to see a human being frozen to death. If it was someone you knew, someone you knew were toiling through their own issues, the lost might have hit a particular chord.

-resonating into a most sour note.

Articuno knew not what it'd done but Laurs would understand implicitly as he took in the new norm of his co-Head.

The unnatural positioning of the arms thrown up in a block.
The body turned slightly as if primed to run for cover
The tiny black beady little inhuman eyes stuck in shock.

-wait what?

● tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 18:34:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Te ne rendi conto—”1 would be the first words the redhead would hear, followed by very passionate hand gestures.

Well, hand gesture seeing as only one hand was doing the infamous ‘what the fuck’ gesture equivalent in Alto Marean at the iceborne deity who had since decided to perch somewhere to rest their wings.

‘What?’

“Che se è morto, ci sono io?!”2 he continued, not minding that he’d slipped into his second (first?) language and was now basically ranting, very colorful cuss words peppering each and every exclamation he was flinging at the iceborne mirage.

“Non vai in giro a congelare le persone!”3

‘I didn’t mean to, I just flapped my wings, what do you not understand—’

“A caso!”4 he punctuated, his right hand flailing around in that infamous gesture, left hand still concentrating as the build-up of frost was now congealing on that other arm that was on the redhead’s shoulder.

‘Why are you so worked up over this?’

“Perché hai quasi commesso un omicidio, cazzo!”5 he growled, rolling his eyes at the mirage.

‘And your point is—?’

“Non capisci?”6

‘What?’

“Se non torna vivo lei avrà la mia fottuta testa!”7 he almost yelled, stopping the frantic, exaggerated gesturing to pinch the bridge of his nose.

‘You might want to—’

“Che cosa?”8

‘Look.’

He then turned to look at the redhead, hoping that the insane shit he’d been trying to do, siphoning away the coldness from the other—was it working?

1 — You realize that
2 — That if he’s dead, I’m in for it?!
3 — You just don’t go around freezing people!
4 — at random!
5 — Because you almost fucking committed murder!
6 — Don’t you get it?
7 — If he doesn’t return alive she’s going to have my fucking head!
8 — What?

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 14:05:30 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Unfortunate as the death of the Head Ranger would be for the Rangers, Hoenn's public perception of the League, the AQUA initiative, Cait, their twin daughters, Kanto, the Game Corner (TM), Utah and @ajay , his Uncle Game, his parents, , the Crimsen stans, and Cinnabar Island.

-it wasn't the most confusing thing to happen in the wake of 'Articuno's Icy End of the World' attack.

His Infernape was gone, his D!Chimchar was gone, his backpack was gone. The temperature of the stone cold inner chamber was rising from its newfound apocalyptic low, steam mixing with the frosty fog and mist that had dominated the space in their arrival.

It only took the time necessary to get enough ice off his face to see it wasn't quite his face at all. It was the face

of a fake out.

● tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 14:52:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

In all of that ranting, it had taken Lars a few seconds to look towards the iceborne mirage, before said mirage pointed with a wing, and indeed, look he did—

Only for another louder scream to shake the cavern. Even the icicles up on the ceiling fucking shook because of the loud noise.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” he screamed, switching back to understandable Common.

‘He kind of cheated.’

“I FIGURED!” he continued, pinching the bridge of his nose again.

“Sénon, where the fuck are you?!” he shouted as he took his left arm off the—well, the Ditto-faced ‘human’ that he’d been defrosting.

‘I know that already constitutes as cheating, however I have no idea where he ran off to.’

“Why don’t you—?!”

‘I don’t know where he’s hidden himself. Little weasel.’

“The hell did you learn that from?”

‘Who else, but you?!’

“Tch, fine,” he grumbled as he kicked away the last of the ice and realized that he was now with… a fucking Ditto. Or what he guessed was one.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 15:17:59 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Steam wafted about from the floors, rising. Which likely made it difficult to notice the excess amassing from the ceiling as well.

Molten metal paw-nubs gripped the once icy walls, now melting down to stone, adding to the filling the chamber. At silent cue; a FLAMETHOWER shoot towards the ice apparition intending to force it to a corner.

Sénon gave no answer to Laurs' prompt from where ever he concealed himself.

However, Infernape coordinated the assailing Flamethrower with a FIRE BLAST, cutting off another path to evasion in an attempt to force the Mirage Pokémon back into the intended corner.

Meanwhile, Chimchar hooted and jumped about Laurs' shoulder and pulling on his hair and face, pointed to the safety of the hall. Either out of concern for Laurs, or self preservation.

● tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:16:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The way the steam was rising up made Lars look around—what was happening?!

“Get out of there—now!” he shouted as he realized what the hell was going on.

The iceborne mirage didn’t need telling twice as bursts of flame suddenly shuddered throughout the entire cavern, causing the long-frozen icicles to melt and subsequently fall from the ceiling, crashing down to the floor as the temperature rose dramatically within the enclosed space.

And if there was something Lars absolutely fucking hated, it was the fucking heat. Even more so if it was in extremely close proximity with him!

‘Move!’

‘What, and leave you behind? Are you crazy?!’

‘No, but you’re going to get toasted if you don’t, and forgive the Kalosian, fucking MOVE!’

Okay, the deity was pissed, it was time to bail—but then again, there was a chance—

Before he’d made a mad dash out of the cavern that was now positively steaming, he then punched his fist at seemingly nothing—

However, that was the sign for the iceborne mirage to finally, finally drop their ‘ace in the hole’.

(Because fucking hell, flames should stay as far away from them both as possible).

The Articuno beat their wings once, twice, then several times—and in countering the flames, the temperature within the room suddenly dropped as fast and as far as it would before a sudden chill would take hold;

The End of the World: Articuno blows sheer cold over a wide radius and eliminates debris like entry hazards. any caught in its path are slowed, with the chance to freeze.

Hopefully stopping the flames from destroying the only home the deity had within this hellish, hot region.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Addled Advances II (M)
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 6:09:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: