Sorry, I Just.. [social, c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 21:07:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Littleroot knew Uno as "the charitable recluse". He walked into the town, face brightened by his time with Arceus, and did good deeds, gave money. Made himself known to the men of the town, in the past. Then he returned to Arceus, back to his cabin in the woods.

He never seemed sad, but there was no way for anyone to get close to him. His eyes too often advertised a gaze too discolated from the present.

Today, he prayed some more about his most recent mission. Hoping to feel Arceus, but not fishing for it.

Nature bubbled together in his ears, in the form of idle noise, a white light retracted into rainbow orchestra, and one ray stood out.

Maybe he slipped on something, but Uno was certain that he heard the voice of a man in the distance. It pulled him out of contemplation and into self-consciousness. A quick glance over his arguably not-weather-fitting sweater — hand knitted, punctuated mesh design: bummy, basically — and he released his eevee and he went after the voice.

He steps were like those of a brilliant stag, shaped with the form of a doe, full of kiddish excitement. They brought him to a tree large enough to easily hide his body, angled off to the side of the man to whom the voice belonged, a bit behind him. Feeling safe, Uno peeked out from behind the tree, staying very close to its trunk.

@hyeon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 21:26:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Littleroot Town was beautiful this time of the year. And the farther away from Slateport and its ilk, the better. Summer was brewing just under the surface. He could feel it in the air, in the turning of the leaves. It was just the perfect temperature to enjoy a relaxing rest.

Away from the rest of the world.

Here Hyeon could feel at peace, and even if the world ended tomorrow he would be content. Surrounded by what he loved the most. "When it all comes crashing down, at least I know you guys will always be there for me." He said to the open air, his expression open and soft. A smile, a rare occurrence, always fleeting. But said to be beautiful to those who witness it.

Once it was something he shared with a special someone. Now, it only existed in the presence of his pokemon and frayed, painful, memories. The quiet revelry was broken, however as the serene silence was shattered by a distant, sudden, sound.

Apollo and Artemis stirred raising their hackles as the ranger's expression soured into a neutral frown. Dark eyes narrowed he stands up from his crouching position.

Alert.

There was someone or something here.

"If you're a human, then show yourself."

It was a warning, not a threat.

He was done with that kind of stuff.

@uno
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 22:05:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

So of course he panicked, ducked behind the tree. Checked his sweater again as if it mattered. Armed bent at his chest at 90 degrees, a chopping motion signaling eevee to run. Uno was far from the crushing type, but social anything often made him quite nervous.

He'd be a lie if he said the brunette's beauty didn't make it worse, though.

Eevee sprinted in the opposite direction, his angle diagonal from uno. That way, if followed, Uno could just shimmy to the opposite side of the tree. It did its best to seem genuinely startled.

Of course, Uno had no idea the brunette was a ranger. His plan just kind of hoped on a whim that such a thing wasn't possible.

There was also the arcanine, he'd soon realized.

@hyeon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 22:43:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
An eevee.

It was just an Eevee.

The little fellow looked spooked, making the young man feel sorry for it. He had no intention of startling the wildlife. Though something didn't feel right about the situation. Something in Hyeon's gut told me this was all off. Deciding to follow with his intuition he called his Arcanine over gesturing towards the clearing he gave it orders.

"Sniff out any scent that may smell strange, clothing, hair conditioner, perfume, we're not alone." Apollo huffed before bringing its large nose into the air. Scenting it before letting out a growl in the direction of a specific tree.

There.

"Enough is enough. The game's over. You maybe be able to fool me, but you can't outdo an Arcanine's sense of smell."

He paused, as though contemplating something, his eyebrows furrowed he mumbles something before speaking up once more.

"I promise I won't hurt you if you have nothing to hide."

Before adding a somewhat hasty.

"Ranger's honor."

@uno
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 0:09:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Stupid.

He sounded so annoyed.

I promise not to hurt you — but he didn't lead with that. He was annoyed. And angry. Decisive. He had already decided that Uno was annoying and infuriating.

He was tough. Tough men promises could mean anything.

He knew the right things to say...

Uno thought out to Arceus and stopped. Logic. Annoyed, plus angry, plus decisive: Uno shared those traits. His recent mission was evidence. Only for a moment did those traits instantly equal a decision that his partner was annoying and infuriating. Uno was tough, too. And he also knew the right things to say. Yet more often that not, he said what he meant.

He told himself to drop the anxiety. He asked Arceus for help, and this time, a wave of feeling indeed appeared as a response.

Okay. He stuck his arm out, moving it up and down to show that he understood. "Sorry, I just..." his voice obviously male, yet obviously also feminine — the brilliant stag shaped with the form of a doe, he knew — he could only hope it didn't instantly give the wrong idea.

"If you're doing anything important — I'd like to stay here and watch, until I'm comfortable enough to come out. I promise I will, and if I don't you can beat up eevee."

A joke, but also kind of not.

@hyeon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 15:02:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
This person wasn't dangerous just... odd.

Hyeon's shoulders relaxed slightly as he let out a less stressed breath. His eyes become less cold, his back less rigid. There was nothing to worry about it seems. Well, at least for now. "Right." He began a slight smirk on his lips, an amused tone on his tongue. "I guess you'll be just fine behind that tree. And not speaking to me face to face, I get it." He made his way towards a nearby stump in the clearing. His pokemon followed him as they sensed no threats, they cozied up next to him as he sat down and laid back.

He pointedly ignored the man's joke about harming the Eevee, feeling nothing malicious about it. It was just a bad case of nerves, most likely. And the silver-haired man probably couldn't or wouldn't allow harm to come to his pokemon. Hyeon wasn't exactly sure, but he feels he had a knack for figuring people out. And this beautiful young man didn't seem like someone who would allow harm to come to others needlessly.

"While you hide out there like that, I hope you don't mind me getting some shuteye?"

To further the ruse he closed his eyes as he leaned back comfortably. Slowing his breathing he feigned sleep. Perhaps this timid fellow would come down if Hyeon felt less like a threat? And what was the best example of trust than the vulnerability of sleep? It was underhanded, sure. But the ranger didn't say he was some kind of saint, either.

@uno
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 19:23:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Something in Uno's stomach felt weird, wriggling about like a giant worm. He took his head in his hands. He scratched his scalp.

Did that mean he wanted to talk to Uno? Face to face? He was so annoyed, though.

Nothing about what he said was fair.

Tough men playfulness could mean anything.

Uno peeked out from behind the tree. Got a better look. Brunette, reasonably tall, larger in terms of build. He actually laid down, and closed his eyes. No way he came here to sleep. Not in the open.

Trap.

But it made Uno feel comfortable enough to fully reveal his face. "Eevee, sit on his chest." He pointed out of habit, but held the gesture on purpose. "Help his pokemon stand guard."

Flirting was Uno's one decent social skill. That extended into being playful. His sense of humor kind of sucked, except at times like these.

He wanted to see how long Brunette was able to keep up his scheme.

@hyeon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 12:19:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Hyeon wasn't expecting the order, it seemed the strange man had a crafty side to him. As he felt the weight of the eevee on his chest he gave the impression that he stirred for a moment before 'falling back to sleep'. He was committed, at least for the moment, to his act.

Sure the pokemon made it hard to breathe slightly, but it was if an annoyance than a hindrance. However, Hyeon couldn't help but wonder what the silver-blue-haired man had planned next.

@uno
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 20:29:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Expected, but Brunette's confidence was certainly a charm. He made Uno giggle.

And as the leaves around them whapped and whipped, Brunette feigned sleep, and Uno remained apprehensive.

Neither of Brunette's pokemon reacted bad to eevee. Did that mean that Brunette really was a nice person? Eevee certainly thought he was swell. It pattered around and around on his chest before curling up into a ball.

Something told Uno to move, but he watched, instead.

He did wave at Brunette's pokemon, though. Whatever that counted for.

@hyeon