1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:33:52 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Well, you’ll just have to make it again soon, won’t you?” Memo teased, shameless. He didn't stop to think about how he wanted to kiss the pout off Alexei's mouth, no sir. He just went about the business of cleaning up after a day’s worth of cooking, followed by an evening of eating.

Their Shaymin were, indeed, adorable together. Having finished their snack and surging on a burst of sugary energy they were busy chasing each other around, toddling on little legs, stopping occasionally to both sniff at an interesting smell here or there.

“I don’t think a little bit is going to hurt them,” Memo said, going off of his general rule for most things. Over-indulge in anything and you’re liable to make yourself sick. He ran the hot water and got it sudsy, allowing himself to get focused on the task at hand and overlook the sheer, practiced domesticity of it. Though he did think he’d make a pretty dang good house-husband, if he did say so himself.

“Got any plans for tonight?” he asked. There was hitch in his fluid washing motion as he realized what he’d asked and he pulled an Alexei and blushed deeply, though it didn’t show quite as much on him. “I mean-- like. A movie or something.” He furiously went to work scrubbing at dishes and really, really hoping it didn’t sound like he was trying to invite himself over for… extracurricular activities.

“‘Cause the last time we did this you asked me on a brave and daring adventure,” he added, still trying to save face.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:44:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course, that bliss was not to last, because…

From somewhere… there was, a subtle clicking noise.

Back outside…

“What, me? Plans for tonight? Well… I mean you’re already here, we already ate… so… I dunno,” he replied with a shrug, still watching as the two cupines were literally running around the place, hopped up on sugar and burning off the excess energy.

“It is getting a bit late to send you back out there…” he mused.

While this scene was happening, the subtle clicking noise revealed… the #1 troublemaker of the Sanctuary, she-who-must-always-be-kept-under-lock-and-key, the original—the one who came before the two ovine idiots.

A soft cackling noise emerged from the darkness as a blue blob flew forward, unseen by either of the two idiots being absolutely gay for each other.

It was at this point Alexei realized—well, shit.

What were they going to do now?

“Are… are you busy, or a-anything? Do you… do you have to be like, somewhere… this evening? Because uh… I mean, you can stay… over, y-y-y-y’know.”

Cue the damned full-body blush.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:57:42 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

You’re already here.

“That’s true, I am,” he said, moving onto the drying stage of dish-washing and grateful Alexei hadn’t truly picked up on his not-so-secret plan to invite himself over. He supposed, if worse came to worse, he could invite Alexei over to his place-- but given that the last time his boy-- god damn it-- they’d rendezvoused at his apartment Alexei had been in deep, sunglasses at night cover. So probably not going to happen.

Thankfully he didn’t have to entertain that idea too long because he could almost feel the warmth radiating off of Alexei’s blushing form as he stumbled through his words.

“I don’t, in fact, have anywhere to be,” Memo said, drying his hands and looking over at Alexei with a wink. Yep, there it was. Red from ears to stern. Absolutely incredible, the blushing power in that man. “I actually can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 3:05:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, hell, why was he burning up like a fucking—

His words were utterly failing him now.

And that last sentence practically sealed the coffin shut on him. Bang.

“Wou-wou-would you…” he stammered, fumbling his words much like how someone who’d accidentally dropped an entire tray of food would scramble to save whatever they could before all the dishes hit the floor and they were done for.

“Would…you like t-t-t-t-to… stay… the night?”

And the full-body blush went off like a fucking watermelon now. Why was he burning up so bad?! What was with the blushing—

Before a cackling noise suddenly emerged from the darkness and parked her slimy ass atop Alexei’s head, bringing with her the winds of a Springtide Storm!

“Wha—” he stammered as he felt a familiar weight settle atop his head—

“ZELLE!” he shouted as he realized what was going on.

But of course, smash-cut to the cupines—Alexei’s cupine at least…

“Shaaaaaaaay?!” he heard one of the two cupines shriek as the wind wafted over and—

“Memo, wha—what’s going on?!” he yelped as a very bright light surrounded his cupine—

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 16:34:48 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo turned away to wipe up some stray droplets of water and to hide the grin that had broken out on his face like a sunbeam from behind thick clouds. There was an immense feeling of satisfaction that sprouted within him when Alexei got like this-- all stuttery and red and adorable. The fact that he could do this to someone-- that his mere presence could make an incredibly articulate and capable human being fall to pieces-- was dizzying.

He was about to turn around and say he’d love to stay the night when the room turned into a whirlwind-- literally. A pink-tinged wind snaked through the air, knocking over chairs and sending clean dishes clattering to the ground. Memo spun around and was pressed up against the counter by the force of the wind and he lifted a hand to cover his eyes against it so he could see what the fuck was going on.

The gale began to slack and Guillermo could move forward again, making it back to where Alexei was sitting in a few steps. He reached out a hand to touch the other man on the shoulder, making sure he was okay and noticed the grinning, blue orb stuck to the top of Alexei’s head. “What the--,”

Alexei’s Shaymin picked then to emerge from their evolution glimmer, casting a spray of sparkles across the floor as it burst into the air in Sky Forme. Memo gawked for a minute, then shook his head, and squeezed Alexei’s shoulder.

“You okay?” he asked, just then registering a dull pang in his stockinged foot. He must’ve stepped on a piece of broken plate or something.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 18:44:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Zelle, what the fuck!” he admonished the Water-type that was now literally riding atop his head, snickering at the chaos that her appearance had caused.

Dishes breaking, the wind literally fucking up—

“What the hell?!” he exclaimed, watching as his own cupine had…

“Memo, what the hell happened?!” he yelped, pointing at the transformed Shaymin who was now literally running circles around the other cupine—which, for some reason hadn’t been affected by the sparkling wind that the snickering Phione had come bursting into the room with.

All Alexei could do at this point was open his mouth in a silent croak-scream at the madness that had erupted. All in the span of a couple of seconds.

How did such a perfect day go all fucking wrong?!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 18:56:17 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Okay, that was an answer. Alexei didn't look injured, but Memo knew an imminent breakdown when he saw one.

“Hey,” he said, spinning Alexei to face him, with his aquatic hanger-on in tow. “It’s okay. We’re okay.” He squeezed Alexei’s shoulders-- he was looking up at him, even though Memo was the one standing. “We’re okay,” he repeated, standing straight and looking over at the changed Shaymin, who reminded him slightly of a fawn… a very coordinated fawn, with antlers.

“They seem fine,” Memo added, feeling the tension drain out of his shoulders. He’d been ready to leap into action but was finding it wasn’t necessary. “Nothing damaged but a few dishes. Where do you keep your broom?” He’d dropped his hands from Alexei’s shoulders and turned back to the mess of porcelain and glass on the floor.

“Never a dull moment with us, huh, love?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 19:03:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His only reaction was to look upward at the Phione who was now cackling at the two of them, shit-eating and absolutely unrepentant grin on her face.

“Broom’s…over by the side of the pantry,” he croaked, pointing in the direction of the pristine-looking pantry while the Phione continued to hang on atop his head, cackling at the insanity her appearance had caused.

Meanwhile over at the transformed ‘cupine’, his Shaymin was now running around on not-so-stubby legs, but what the—wait, wait—whoa!

“Did… did my cupine just… take off…?!” he continued to croak out in that same voice, disbelief on his face as—his very own ‘cupine’ was… walking on air like it was nothing.

“Me…mo, are… are you seeing… this?!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 19:11:22 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Gotcha.” He found it quickly and unclipped the dustpan, spinning it in his palm as he went to sweeping up the broken pieces of dishes and cups into a neat pile. He was extra careful given neither he nor Alex were wearing shoes. Just more evidence he’d be an excellent house husband-- take notes, Alexei.

He was about to chock up the weirdness with Alexei’s Shaymin as the post-panic funnies but he caught a blur of white and green out of the corner of his eye and turned to see exactly what Alexei had said-- his Shaymin had taken off. It was busy pulling loop-de-loops around their heads, bounding on the air as a deer would the ground.

“Well, I'll be damned,” Memo said, leaning on the broom and watching the ridiculous sight for a moment. "They fly." Then he shrugged, as if this was a completely normal occurrence, and started sweeping his pile of glass shards into the dustpan, as his own Shaymin, still very hedgehog-like, came over to investigate what he was doing.

“I guess that suits,” he said, dumping the broken refuse into the trash, “for a child of the skies.”

He remembered, vaguely, something that Lars said to him once about weird shit just happening here.

I have no idea why Hoenn is a magnet for these supernatural happenings, however I can advise you to always be ready.

From the Phione suction-cupped to Alexei's head, to the mystical shapeshifter doing pirouettes in the sky, Memo realized just how right his boss'd been. He scooped his own Shaymin up and held it close to his chest, watching the other Shaymin fly.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 19:24:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was still in shock, because how in the hell did his Shaymin literally grow a pair of wings—was it—

“Zelle. Whatever that is you did,” he began in the same croaking tone as he tried to pry off the Phione who was hanging on resolutely to his head, “…whatever the hell this is that you did, I don’t know, but…”

He then turned to Memo, who’d gotten the broken glass situation pretty much handled while he was just there, shell-shocked and gaping at the strangeness that his own cupine was now literally flying around in literal circles around both of them before coming over to lightly bonk the Phione and eventually heading over to the other Shaymin in the room, before booping that one’s snout as well.

“The strange thing is…” he finally managed to say in a normal tone as he kept his eyes on the sky-running Shaymin who was now looking like an absolute goof around them, “…is why only mine was affected, but not yours,” he told the other.

“Isn’t that weird, though?”

And then from atop his head, the Phione cackled once more, waving in Memo’s direction. She knew… better… to go face-hugging people now. At least, when she knew that her ‘momma’ was upset, she’d be on her best behavior.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 21:23:02 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He set the broom back where he got it and turned to sit back against the countertop, arms crossed over his chest. Alexei was trying to pry the little blue Phione suction-cupped to the top of his head off, to no avail. He snickered, and Zelle looked up and met his eye with a devilish gleam in her own. “Ah. So this must be your Oona,” Memo said. She seemed about as destructive, in any case.

He held up his own Shaymin for the proffered snoot boop and then set the hedgehog back on the ground again. It went skittering off in chase of its compatriot, a little grin of glee all struck across its face.

The kitchen settled in to a kind of quiet that usually follows encounters of the unusually loud and incredibly close kind. Now that the panic had faded away, and everyone was ascertained to be in good health, there was a feeling of relief that was bordering on heavy. Memo stifled a yawn. His stomach was full and he was feeling nappy.

“Eh, maybe it's weird?” he said with a shrug, stepping a little closer. “I don’t know enough about Shaymin to say yes or no. But I think I prefer mine like this.” He shrugged again, an easy smile playing over his features. “But where’d you find this one?” he asked, gently taking Zelle’s fin in his hand and shaking it, like a proper gentleman.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 22:05:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“There is a reason why I keep her under lock and key,” he began with an exasperated sigh as the two cupines—one walking and one flying—began to chase each other around the room.

Well, at least they weren’t going to be walking all over broken ceramics, at the very least.

“She is a troublemaker through and through. Yes, before I had William and the Wooloo herd, she was the first one. The original…” he continued with another exasperated sigh, while the Water-type made cooing noises as she squished the other human’s fingers between her own thumbless limbs.

“I found her—well, her egg, if I’m going to be correct—down in Shoal Cave. Had to get through an entire swarm of Golbat before we found the egg…” he recalled.

And then, he realized.

“Yes, she has a ‘dad’, but her dad’s been away from the region but came back recently. Old friend of mine from Kalos,” he added for context.

“We agreed that I would take care of her since he’s a very busy person, and well, here she is. Zelle. The original troublemaker.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 22:47:34 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

It was very strange to think of Alexei-- bring the family over, we’ll let them run around Alexei-- keeping any of his Pokemon under quote-unquote lock and key. So Zelle must be capable of some serious shenanigans-- moreso even than making a weird, pink windstorm in the kitchen and morphing Shaymin.

Everyone recognizes when they see a little of themselves in another being, and the sparkle in the Phione’s eyes reminded Memo a little of himself. That and the cheeky way she laughed and grinned and refused to be removed from her parent’s side-- and, to his credit, he didn’t even bristle at the mention of her having another ‘parent’.

“First her, then Will, and now, me,” he said, leaning forward so he could rest his left elbow on Alexei’s right thigh and still look up at Zelle, with whom he was playing a peculiar version of one-handed patty-cake. He rested his chin in his hand and admired, not for the first time, the sheer size difference between himself and his partn--

--the object of his affections, sheesh.

“How many more troublemakers are you going to collect?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 19:56:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Phione was having the time of her fucking life, cooing and making these weird-ass noises from her perch, absolutely refusing to move because she could tell her ‘mama’ was pissed (despite the fact that he didn’t look like it).

The two cupines—airborne and land bound—were off somewhere, skittering around like kids hopped up on sugar, and that was alright with him; they weren’t making a mess after all.

Alexei then realized the other was—

There went his ears, yet again! Well, to be honest it wasn’t just his ears going off with blush, his face was also starting to turn as red as a tomato because—

If he could croak-scream right now, he’d do that. However the Phione’s cackling kept him distracted enough from his thoughts starting to play all sorts of tricks on himself and then—

“W-well…” he trailed off, embarrassed to all hell at the sudden question, “…I do seem to have a knack for attracting trouble.”

In more ways than one, if Memo would read the context behind that last statement of his.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 15:23:18 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo decided he really liked Zelle. She reminded him of a smaller, less destructive-- well, theoretically-- Oona. Unlike Alexei, it seemed, Memo had more of a way of dealing with the crazies. Not that this was inherently better, by any means-- but you don’t grow up in a family of six children without absorbing a little of that chaos into you along the way.

Alexei’s Rudolph-red blush brought a smile to his lips. Once again he felt the tiny, sparking power trip in his veins that reminded him he was the cause of all that flushing.

“Yeah, but some of us are good trouble. Right, Zelle?” he tipped his head forward slightly, offering an invitation for her to change mounts, as it were.

“Did you know, you’re so cute when you blush?” he added, as an aside.