played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 19:51:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The ice rink was a second home for Felix.

When work began to bare its fangs, and the stress of reality began to burden his shoulders, it was ice skating that allowed him to remain the stoic man his jobs relied on him to be.

It was the constant pillar that kept him steady.

Back at Snowpoint city, when Felix's parents used to visit Illeana's, the nearby rink was their mini paradise. It was THE place to go after a strenuous session of Lego Stars Wars, or a rough night, or a boring day.

It still is.

"Do you still remember how to skate, or do you need help?"

Felix's eyes settled back down onto Illeana; a glint of curiosity hidden beneath their innate dullness. He wondered if she ever kept up with the sport.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 2:28:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's been a long time since she's been on ice. god, years even.

somehow, it always reminds her of better times. the cold biting at her cheeks, the warm mittens, and the mind-numbing sensation of just losing yourself in ice skating. is that why he does it?

she hums back to attention, hands stilling over the laces of her skates. they're tight, perhaps too tight, but she keeps fiddling with them anyway.

"i think so," she murmurs before rising to her feet. the skates feel heavier than usual, almost out of place on her feet. "just don't laugh at me if i fall on my ass, okay?"

it'll more than likely happen, anyway.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 2:54:02 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I won't let that happen."

A promise.

Because, no matter what, he was determined to catch her if she were to fall.

Turning, he led the woman back onto the ice. His footsteps were slow and consistently steady, as to allow him the ability to glance back at her every third step or so, just to ensure she had kept up and not fallen behind. When his skates finally hit the ice, bliss ensued.

He took an initial slide forward, granting Illeana enough space to do the same or utilize the nearby railings if necessary. Or, if neither of those options was to her liking, he'd offer up his arm to grab onto.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 0:54:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the soft pink flush of her cheeks is inevitable. it bursts onto her skin like a blooming flower, nourished by a promise and left to flourish.

she follows him quietly, her eyes dropping to observe her feet. the movement isn't as fluid as when she was younger. no, it feels slightly clunky, as if it's not quite right.

and when her feet hit ice, it takes a moment to acclimate to the feeling of ice beneath feet once more.

she flails slightly. and when her arms begin to reach for the nearest surface, she finds his arm instead of the railing. nails quickly dig into fabric and she squeaks softly, half out of anxiety and mostly out of embarrassment.

the anxiety surrounding falling eventually fades into mild comfort and when it does, her grip on him loosens enough to be content.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 18:24:14 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix kept an attentive gaze fixed onto her as she stumbled onto the ice. Arm held outward, the firm, yet soft, grasp of her fingers quickly greeted him. As she composed herself, he twisted his body ever-so-slightly to the right, pointedly readjusting his posture as to be able to swiftly transition into a safety net.

"You ready?" He asked, gentle and patient. If she agreed, he'd slide one foot forward, then another, until they were gliding around the rink. Every now and then, he'd steal the tiniest glimpse of Illie, both to reassure her safety and...well, he couldn't quite place the second reason. Nostalgia, maybe?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 23:35:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he acts as an anchor, firm and steady against her bambi movements. she wobbles, fingers tightening around his arm, and eventually steadies enough to flash a smile when she catches his eye.

of course, they're not really... moving, yet. gliding around might prove to be another story entirely.

he's patient with her, something she's growing eternally grateful for. the safety net of his body is not exercised quite yet, however. she takes a mini step forward and the blades on her feet shift into a more fluid motion.

"ready, i think," she murmurs finally.

he moves forward first, gracefully sliding his feet. and when she goes to follow, she's tightening her grip on his arm even after her feet settle into the movement of gliding. she's less wobbly, tension slowly easing from her body. somehow, she doesn't let go of him.

instead... her hand drifts down his arm to intertwine their fingers. and for the first time in a little while, she feels bliss creeping into her bones.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 23:53:34 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Illeana is graceful in her own way. Despite her bambi movements and unyielding grip on his arm, her slow progression from uncertainty to confidence felt more smooth than any step he had ever taken on the ice. It was enough to bend the ends of his cold lips upward, ever-so-slightly, in a way only someone special would care to notice.

"Don't worry," he continued to whisper as they made way onto the ice, "I've got you."

The pair slid forward a few more inches, and as they do so, he could feel something unexpected happening from his right side. From his bicep down to his hand, a warm sensation glided down his arm, eventually resting between his fingertips. He gave the smaller hand a gentle squeeze.

"You're doing well."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 0:05:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her eyes dart down to her feet for a moment, snapping back up when the whisper rises. and in the small lull between words, she finds the hint of a smile. it makes hers widen, perhaps more than his reassurance.

she believes him when he says he has her. she trusts him, even. and with warm encouragement, it thaws the remaining trepidation from her feet.

a tentative glide forward brings her a little closer to him, joined hands settling in between. there's little wobbles here and there but tension eases with each movement until eventually, she's comfortable to keep her eyes away from observing her feet.

the soft squeeze does, however, cause a mild misstep and she flushes pink when her arm twists further into his from the jostling.

"i'm mostly just following your lead," she murmurs, returning the little squeeze. her smile is bright when her head turns toward him. "it's easier when you're not afraid to fall."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 0:17:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
It was the chill of the icy air that brought back the first set of memories, then the sound of their skates hitting the ice together. But, most importantly, above all these trickles of warmly tinted moments they were sharing, was the smile that blossomed when she looked up.

For the smallest sliver of a moment, his chest felt tight.

"I'm glad to hear."

The duo continued to glide forward. Felix's stance was growing steadier by the second, as both the weight of Illeana and the situation became easier to balance, and his heart slowly regained its rhyme. A second passes, then another, and just as a comfortable silence began to fall upon them, an abrupt thought made headway.

Keep your distance.

"..."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 0:27:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]silence creeps in between them.

somehow, it's not uncomfortable. it's a soft blanket, soothing and peaceful in the same way snow falls. there's no cold here, however. it's warm in a way she can't place despite feeling it most in the fingers resting against his.

she finds a rhythm that doesn't feel awkward. his legs are longer, sure, but there's no rush to keep up. it's a slow and steady pace across the ice.

and as they make more ground across the rink, she steals glances at him every now and then. there's an urge to commit this to memory, to etch him into her mind. she does so with a fondness, the smile holding firm.

eventually, she breaks the silence with a soft yet probing question. "do you usually skate alone?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 0:58:15 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Yeah."

The response came quicker than normal -- almost automatic in a sense. There hadn't been many times he's met someone at the rink. There was , and that one time with , but beyond that, he always went alone.

Like with everything else.

"It makes things easier."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 1:03:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"easier?"

her head tilts at the concept.

perhaps he means not weighed down by having to tend to another? her fingers loosen around his at the thought, insecurity threatening to flood her nervous system.

she swallows it back, holding on to her smile.

"i guess it's more peaceful that way, maybe?" or, in a way, more lonely.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 1:50:22 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Where her grip loosens, his only tightened.

'Not in that way,' his eyes reassured her.

Rather, when it wasn't Illeana, or , or even , people became burdensome. A tiring hindrance that only served to distract him from the temporary bliss this rink managed to gift him. Whether it be through idle chit chat, or fumbling in his way, strangers always found a way to ruin his plans.

"It is," He agreed, eyes still staring forward, "though..."

A small pause. A quick thought. Felix's softened gaze returned back to her, warmer than before.

"I find this just as peaceful."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 2:00:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]tightening fingers ease worry, doubt, insecurity. warmth gradually spreads to overwrite the running thoughts of an overactive mind.

in a way, she understands the concept of it all. too many people and there's little time for yourself. too little people, however, and loneliness creeps in. she wonders, faintly, if he ever gets lonely when he's here by himself. and almost instantly, she hopes he never feels such a thing again.

a softened look spurs a flush. it creeps into her cheeks, blooming and spreading until she's beaming.

"do you?" she can't help the question, the urge to find confirmation of something unsaid. it lingers for a moment before she's squeezing soft affection into his fingers. "are you gonna still think it's peaceful if i end up falling and drag you down with me?"

knowing her luck, it will inevitably happen.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Reconnect
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 3:18:52 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Her secret hopes are lost to a man like him. Feelings such as loneliness had long been forgotten, replaced by the emptied void that tears open whenever the mask comes on and his blood grows cold.

"Of course."

The sound of children's laughter could be heard to their left. It was a trio of kids, one older boy, a younger girl, and the youngest being another boy. Felix gave them a brief glance before returning back to Illeana.

"How about you? Do you find this peaceful?"