played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 19:54:46 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The sky grew gray, as rain lightly pattered down on the roof top and thin branches clawed at the windows. Normally, it would be comforting to hear these sounds, in an introverted Felix kinda way, but for the situation they were in, it only added to the static that dripped from his ears.

After retrieving Illeana from Rocket's HQ, Felix had carefully taken her out to the warehouse, then back over towards Ever Grande City, where her apartment was kept at. It was a bit of a struggle to go without detection, but with the use of his dragapult and Flygon, there weren't many people that even noticed their shadows, much less saw their pained faces.

It wasn't until he gently laid her down on her couch did he sigh, a feeling of relief overwhelming his system.

She was safe, and that was all that mattered.

"...How are you feeling?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 2:38:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he brings her to the apartment she just signed the lease for. it's mostly empty, used for work purposes when she can't be bothered to drag herself back to lilycove.

and yet... somehow, it feels right to be here.

he settles her body onto the couch and she curls into herself without much of a thought. familiar surroundings do little to ease anxiety and paranoia but it's a start, perhaps.

and when he asks a question, her eyes don't drift up to find him yet. they stay glued to the floor, out of focus and muted.

"i," she starts, stops, and swallows. "i don't know." it's truthful, mostly.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 0:57:37 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Her answer does nothing to unwrinkle the creases in his face. Still, he does his best to appear unfazed by it, knowing any lick of distress would pile onto the turmoil of emotions she must've been feeling.

Concern pooled his eyes as he knelt down beside the couch.

"That's okay," He whispered. Soft and cautious, he reached out his hand towards her, only to flinch, and quickly retract it back to his side. Now wasn't the time.

"Do you need anything? Water, maybe?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 1:30:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the movement of his body crouching beside the couch snaps her eyes up like a rubber band. they're alert, flighty, as if searching for danger in cracks and shadows on the floor.

his hand stretches and then retracts. she follows the motion and there's a sense of waiting. for what, she doesn't know.

it's all jumbled and confused, littered with fear and paranoia.

"water," she mumbles. her throat still hurts. and she knows she's skin and bone, lackluster and frail but the thought of anything else in her system besides water makes her nauseous. her eyes soften enough to look like a ghost of herself as a soft "please" tumbles out.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 2:46:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He nodded, the softness in her voice acting as reason enough to evoke a shudder down his spine. Felix lifted off from the ground and trudged into the kitchen. The sound of running water could be heard, as well as brief shuffling and the rustling of glasses lightly clanging against one another.

Then, after another minute, he'd emerge from the bright piss-yellow lights that lit up the kitchen hallway, glass in hand.

"Here."

After placing it onto the coffee table in front of her, he'd slide in between the two pieces of furniture, one leg pressed up against his chest, with the other laid out in front of him.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 0:41:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he leaves, heading for the kitchen. and without hesitation, her eyes follow. watching like a hawk, waiting for the other shoe to drop... it's not a way to exist, not in this capacity.

and when he returns, glass of water in hand, she releases a shaky breath she hadn't noticed she was holding. huh.

"thank you," she whispers.

felix settles between the coffee table and the couch with ease and for a moment, she simply... stares.

"you, uh," she tries and fumbles words too easily to make much sense. swallowing back the stumbles, she starts again. "you can come on the couch."

and as she reaches one shaky hand for the glass, she pauses. red eyes stay on him, lingering like a wine stain on white clothes.

"if you want to, i mean..."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 18:41:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Hm?"

Eyebrows raised, the stoic man looked over, a blank stare obscuring every hint of emotion. When she offered a seat on the couch, he'd give it a look, a consideration, before shaking his head. He had seen the way she looked at him when he approached her-- the way she flinched at even the slowest of movements. To further add stress to her already frazzled state... He'd do anything just to avoid that. So, he simply denied the offer.

"The floor is fine."

Felix does, however, reach his hand up to the couch after saying this, choosing to rest it on the outter edge of the couch cushions.

His lips pressed together. If there was something he would want, it'd be information. A reason. An explanation.
"...How did it happen...?"

@tag

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 0:39:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's difficult to stop her face from crumpling slightly over denial. she accepts the answer with a small nod despite a soft plea desperately trying to claw its way out of her throat.

and when his hand settles against couch cushions, her eyes dart toward it. she traces his fingers, the outline of skin against dark fabric.

taking his hand with her own is, well, natural. it's a slow movement, nervous and almost afraid. and yet, when she feels the warmth of skin contact, she sighs softly.

of course, there's still a tenseness to her body. it's exacerbated by the question murmured between them. how did it happpen? she's still not quite sure where she went so goddamn wrong.

"i thought i could trust him. this, uh, rocket that i met... he told me he could get a soil sample from the tree of life for me." she shouldn't have trusted him. she knows that now, even if it weren't etched into her broken bones.

"it was a set up, i guess," she mumbles. the grip on his hand tightens, nails digging into his skin. "i tried fighting but it wasn't enough." the concept echoes until she's certain she couldn't possibly be enough to even save herself.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 3:28:24 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A trap.

The sneering thought of carved out a vicious set of daggers in his eyes, honed and coated with lethal poison aimed to kill. It took every lick of mental fortitude to remind himself of Illeana's own hand in his, delicate and soft, and unable to bear the crushing strength his thoughts threatened to leak out.

He paid no mind to the set of nails that punctured his skin - it'd take a lot more than that to break through the callouses, anyways.

For a long moment, he kept his gaze fixed on the ground. Beyond the noxious air that fumed from his nostrils, and the cool fog coating his eyes, Felix kept his face blank, unreadable.

Beneath the surface, however, only one thought prevailed: I'm sorry, Illie.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 4:03:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she watches him for a moment.

the way his eyes seemed to sharpen while his face remained neutral, the silence that falls... it instills a sense of concern in her. it's subtle at first, easing up with a softness until it becomes too much.

and when it does, her hand releases his.

she reaches with the good hand, the unbroken one, for his shoulder. her touch lingers and for the first time all night, there's life to her eyes.

"felix?"

it's soft, tentative, as if she isn't sure if prying is the right thing to do. she does it anyway. the quiet makes her anxious, fearful, worried he could leave.

"are you okay?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 5:06:28 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Illeana's tiny grip tugged Felix's thoughts back to reality. The why and how's weren't important; neither were the swallowed apologies. What mattered most was the here and the now.

"Sorry, I was just lost in thought." An ill excuse for someone like him.

Deadeyed, he turned back towards her, the blank stare in his eyes a stark contrast to the life that birthed within hers. But, beneath the simple stare and down turned lips and tight jaw, a cauldron of emotions laid in wake, burning and bubbling with each stir of thoughts that crept over his mind.

"You should rest."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 2:03:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her grip lingers on his shoulder even after he answers.

and it's not necessarily a poor excuse but it leaves more questions than anything.

"about what?" it comes before she can stop it, a quiet tumble of syllables.

he suggests rest immediately and she feels the weight of exhaustion creeping in. it's a slow crawl into her system, subtle but growing. and yet, anxiety keeps her eyes open. her body is still on high alert and the soft concept of him leaving lingers in the spaces between.

her grip tightens slightly on him.

"will you stay?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 1:00:04 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Guilt still twisted his heart when he felt the firm grip on his shoulder tighten, Illeana's fingers digging into the wrinkles of his shirt. Slowly, he turned to look at it. So small and delicate, it acted as a painful reminder of how much he deserved the needles in his chest and the heaviness of his heart.

"I will," he whispered, voice crawling into a hush.

Felix's eyes inevitably returned to Illeana's. It'd take Arceus himself to get him to move away.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 2:02:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]confirmation breathes relief into her system. it's soft, soothing, a lullaby of security ready to bring her into slumber.

she holds on a little longer but her grip slackens.

and when his eyes inevitably return to meet hers, the first smile in weeks finally emerges. it peeks out from behind clouds, hazy and sleepy as if rising after a long night.

"don't stay on the floor," she whispers. by the final syllables, her voice is nothing more than a tired mumble. exhaustion wins with heavy hands dragging her eyelids down.

her hand falls away from his shoulder a moment later and her body shifts back into couch cushions. she curls into herself for comfort, broken wrist cradled against her chest. and there's enough room for him if he chooses to release his pact with the floor.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Vulnerable
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 4:05:03 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Weariness hummed throughout his body, weighing his limbs down as Illeana slipped out of consciousness. She murmured soft permissions for him to join her, though, his brain still tugged him further toward the floor.

Guilt continued to pluck at his heart as he pulled the wrinkled blanket up over her shoulders. And, as he slipped a similarly colored one onto his own body, a thought emerged in his head.

This will never happen again.

A weighted vow, forever carved across his heart forever.

It was the warmth of its resolve that lulled him to sleep that night.