steel knocks

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 0:02:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
"so we'll have the place to ourselves, then?" he asks with a quirked eyebrow, grinning. interesting.
[break][break]
getting out with her, and thanking the taxi-man? uber? they continue on and inside.
[break][break]
it was... "quaint," he observes, sitting across from her. he eyes the drink menu almost immediately, greedily grabbing it up.
[break][break]
"hm, any recommendations?"

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".vallen"] --accent:#c4aead; [/newclass]

[newclass=".vallen"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vallen blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .vallen blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .vallen blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".vallen .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vallen .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 0:28:16 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
"For drinks or food?"

The question came with a small smile and head tilt.

"For food, I always go with red curry, but drink-wise..." Standing up, she leaned over the table just far enough to look over at the menu he was holding. Her hair lightly grazed his hand as she loomed overhead. Concentration wrinkled her features as she gave the menu a quick lookover.

"mmm... I don't really know." Her lips twitched into a sheepish grin. "I usually just drink water."

@vallen
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 5:58:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
as she takes the initiative to give him recommendations, he listens intently, lips mulling visibly over the choices.
[break][break]
her lean is a welcoming one, eyes flitting down for a second before marching back upwards at haste. looking up, he smiles a coyotes smile.
[break][break]
"well, i'll take your recommendation, then. red curry, maybe with a naan of some kind." he always did love that bread. "and, to make matters more fair, you'll take my drink selection — mm, how's a tequila sunrise to start sound?"

[newclass=".vallen"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vallen blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .vallen blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .vallen blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".vallen .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vallen .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 4:53:42 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
Her lips twitched into a nervous smile.

Alcohol.

Normally, if it were or asking, she'd brazenly declare herself strong enough to take how many shots they offered. Mostly because she didn't want to be the party pooper of the group, or come across as 'embarrassing to be around'. But, with Vallen occupying the opposing seat across from hers, she couldn't help herself from mulling over the cons of accepting that devilish drink.

"Just one,"
She eventually responded, easing back into her seat with awkward movements. Her hands fidgeted together as the waiter came and went, collecting their orders without difficulty, and removing the menus from their sight. Alone, again, she sighed, eyes trailing the edges of the table.

"So..."

@vallen
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 21:17:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
"only one," he echoes back, lip twisting mischievously. when, if ever, was it really just one?
[break][break]
thanking the serving lady, he looks back across the poorly kept wood of the table, catching rory squirming beneath his gaze. well, not beneath his gaze per say, but clearly something was eating at her.
[break][break]
he pokes at it.
[break][break]
"so... tell me what you enjoy doing in your spare time." also "and, don't say work." he flashes his teeth as his lips settle into an open smile.

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 3:30:02 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
The question tickled the back of her throat, inducing a small cough.

"Spare time," She echoed back the words, contemplative in her response. Work played a major aspect in her leisure time -- mainly because she enjoyed what she did, for the most part. But, if she were to exclude that aspect of her life entirely, then she'd have to settle with... "Reading, for sure! I try to go to my local bookstore weekly, at least and see if they have anything new in stock. Im," She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck, "a bit into the romantics. It's hard to describe it, but they're all just SO good."

@vallen
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 4:35:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
she seemed the type, he muses silently to himself.
[Break][break]
"romantics?" vallen arches an eyebrow playfully, "care to share examples?"
[Break][break]
of your smut list.

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 4:44:42 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
When the word 'recommendation' fell from his silver tongue, Rory immediately recoiled, cringing at the thought of revealing those titles...

Carefully, she racked her mind of everything and anything she's read in the past year. There had to be something that wasn't smut-filled garbage, right? Something that treaded more on the fluffier side of love?

"Ah..." Her hand instinctively went to her cheek, giving it a soft, slow scratch as she awkwardly kept her lips curled in prolonged thought. "It ends with us...? By Colleen Hoover? You probably haven't heard of it, but it's one of my favorites right now..."

It wasn't. It was more, like, one of her favorites 8 months ago, but Vallen didn't need to know that.

@vallen
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 6:01:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
"it ends with us, hm?" he takes out his phone and opens the notes app, making a mark to remember. "i'll make a mental note to read that, then."
[break][break]
he gives her a charming smile, wetting his lips.
[break][break]
"are you an old romantic soul then, rory? looking to be swept off your feet?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 6:22:39 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
Her eyes followed his fingers, bottom lip curling beneath her teeth. There was something about Vallen going out of his way to research this dumb book that made her heart skip two beats over.

"Ah, okay,"
She murmured.

Pulling her bangs behind her ear, her eyes lifted back up to meet his, barely catching the start and end of his heart-throbbing smile. A blush crept across her cheeks at his question, "Ahhh, I wouldn't say that," She shook her head. Though, deep down, she knew he was right; nothing would make her squeal more than a guy sweeping her off her feet in a blaze of romantic glory. "I just find them cute, I dunno."

@vallen
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 6:41:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
"there's no shame in enjoying a good love story," he says with a twinkle in his eye, laughing slightly. "i've been known to enjoy one or two myself."
[break][break]
he was a fan of romantic comedies, admittedly, even as predictable as they were. there was something satisfying about watching two people destined to meet have all their pieces fall together in the right way.
[break][break]
a puzzle he couldn't possibly explain, but is eager to solve.
[break][break]
finally, though, their drinks arrive. he locks eyes with her over the lip of the glass.
[break][break]
"are you excited?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 21:10:10 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
When their drinks arrived, she looked at hers with a wary eye. She'd have to be careful with that one.

"What do you mean," Her brow arched upward and her head naturally tilted to the side, puzzled by the random question. What was there to be excited about, she wondered.

@vallen
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
steel knocks
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 23:57:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vallen"]
"about your drink, of course." his smile naturally widens, dimples setting into his cheeks as he leans forward and places a hand around his glass. fresh condensate dampens his skin, but he slides it towards him anyways.
[break][break]
"you've been stressed, i've seen. you should let your hair down a little bit, brown eyes." he ducks his head down and wraps his lips around the straw. as he sips the sweet flavor bursts into his mouth, but the undeniable bitterness within' is what truly makes him shudder.
[break][break]
"go on, try it."