An Ill-Timed Transfer [S]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 23:48:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
For the hundredth time, Ivan tugged at the collar of the dress uniform, wishing desperately for his Ranger fatigues: well-worn and used. The Ranger had only been a part of the force for a few years, but already the uniform felt like his second skin, and going into the office of Head Ranger Anderson without it just felt....wrong somehow. Forcing himself to relax, Ivan slowly lowered his muscled frame into one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs that so often decorated the waiting rooms of those with power. 

A few feet away, a secretary watched with amusement as Ivan repeated the same actions over and over. A deep inhalation was followed by the soft shuffling of papers as Ivan flipped through his transfer papers to ensure that none of the carefully signed papers had somehow teleported away in the few seconds since he had last checked them. A glance at a watch, and then his right hand returned to drumming on Gawain's pokeball until the cycle repeated itself. Ivan had just reached the watch part of the cycle when the secretary cleared her throat.

"He's ready for you."

With a grunt of acknowledgment, Ivan stood, making his way towards the (in his opinion) looming doorway. He coughed once.

"Ivan Matiche, here about the transfer sir."

WC: 214
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 14:33:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He found it strange that the Sinnoh Ranger Headquarters had sent a transfer request over to them, of all places.

Weren’t they aware of how much a risk it was coming out to this region, especially in these strange times? Either way, he was on the other side of the door, already looking through his own copy of the files—

And a smirk crossed his face for the briefest of seconds as he realized that he was dealing with a troublemaker.

Well, wasn’t that fine and dandy—considering that he knew quite a lot of Rangers who had troubled pasts, or were in some trouble themselves directly previously and were looking to get a second chance with scoring good in the society…

“Close the door behind you,” was the first thing he said when it creaked open and the man of the hour himself walked in.

“Have a seat, over there,” he offered once the door had been closed.

“I heard you did a lot of things over where you came from. Care to tell me why? I’m not going to judge.”

@laskt