Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Into The Octagon [M]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 1:45:44 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ugh. Isaac's head was killing him. One moment, he was blending in among the crowds of a wealthy Mauvillian's party. The man was said to have ties to an underground Pokemon poaching ring, specifically focused on the seizure and breeding of the biggest, baddest, and strongest Pokemon that they could farm out to other organizations. Isaac's mission was simple; blend in with the party, gather whatever intel he could, and slip out so a more specialized squad could draft up a proper plan of attack.[break][break]

Unfortunately, that didn't go according to plan in the slightest. An alarm got tripped, tensions at the party flared up, and before Isaac knew what was going on he'd been clubbed over the back of the head. The world around him went dark.[break][break]

It was a splash of cold water that snapped Isaac back to reality. "Damnit, Watson, aga- oh." That wasn't Watson. In fact, Watson was nowhere to be found. None of his Pokemon were anywhere to be found. The only Pokemon standing before Isaac currently was a dull-eyed Aipom clutching a bucket of ice water in its tail hand. It nodded curtly as Isaac stirred, then scampered off to the other side of the cage.[break][break]

Wait. Cage? Yes. There was a cage. There was a lot of cage, in fact. A towering, eight sided cage surrounded Isaac, lit up by a network of surrounding spotlights. The rest of the room appeared to be pitch black; for all Isaac knew, anything could've been in there. He tried to run deeper into the cage, but a sudden pressure pulled him back. Of course. He was literally chained to the wall of the cage, pinned back by both wrists. Just enough leeway for him to make a spectacle of struggling, not nearly enough leeway to actually bust out.[break][break]

And that was it. Other than the Aipom, Isaac seemed to be alone. Or, was he? As he squinted towards the edge of the cage, his blurred vision returning to him, he noticed that there was another human chained in the same position as he was. Had they already awoken? Were they still out of it? Isaac didn't know. But nonetheless, Isaac tried calling out to them. "Hey! HEY!" he said, rattling the chains a little from the strain as he shouted. "Who are you, and what the hell are we doing here?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]395 WORDS / @laskt

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Into The Octagon [M]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 18:57:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The only resposne to Isaac's yells was a low groan of pain as the wounded stranger hung limp, dangling on his chains like a marionette with its strings cut. As Isaac's eyes continued to adjust, he would notice matted blood caked in the stranger's black hair, causing what was normally a spiky mane of black to appear as if someone had flattened it against his skull in parts.

The stranger was, of course, Ivan, who had been dispatched to the same high-society party as the Rocket grunt, and for much the same purpose. A series of Pokemon kidnappings in the Mauville area had all converged on a wealthy estate jsut outside of the city limits. A quick review of the estate through legitimate channels had lead to nothing but the local Rangers being told to buzz off the case, with one secretary in particular spinning a fantastical tale of old nobility bending the entirety of their fortunes to the most altruistic of causes.

Characteristically, Ivan had not reacted very well to being told to fuck off, especially when it was in relation to his job.

Through a bit of fast talking and repeated promises to be careful, the more grizzled Rangers had very reluctantly allowed Ivan a chance to infilitrate via replacing one of the kitchen boys that had been persuaded to do the right thing. Everything had been going perfectly, until Ivan's backcountry Sinnoh accent had slipped out at the worst possible moment, granting him a swift clubbing over the head with a nightstick.

So it was safe to say that when the Aipom splashed Ivan awake, the flood of cursing that resulted from the wounded Ranger's drenching was particularly heartfelt. It only took the Ranger a few seconds to discover the same cold facts as Isaac had: the lack of Pokemon and their particular mode of imprisonment. Ivan felt the cold rush of fear drop his stomach into his shoes, even as he fought to keep his expression steady. For all of Ivan's coldness and jaded nature, he had never been thrust into so dangerous a situation completely unprepared. He had always had Merlin, the family Spiritomb, along with him in some capacity, and that very presence had allowed him to fight off the worst of the flight-or-flight responses in his early days as a Ranger.

Now though, he was alone.

Taking a shaky breath, Ivan attempted to wipe away the gunk encrusting his eyelashes the best he could, before replying to the stranger's question. "Name's Ratoz. Kitchen boy extrodinare." Ivan replied sarcastically, gesturing at his torn and stained uniform. It was clear from anyone that was listening that it was the thinnest of lies, his head felt like a Rillaboom had been using it for practice. Then again, he had never been a good liar in the first place.

"Never mind that, where the hell are we? Either somebody's been watching too many old movies, or this is about to get messy."

WC: 497
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Into The Octagon [M]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 20:24:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Good to meet you, Ratoz," Isaac said. His voice was so even-toned that it was hard to tell whether Isaac completely missed the sarcasm or was just rolling with it to mess with 'Ratoz.' "Shame we had to meet like this, huh? And just before the appetizers came out."[break][break]

Frankly, 'Ratoz' was right. This whole thing reeked of some kinda bigwig high off of his own theatrics. The literal spotlights confirmed that as they brightened to a fever pitch, leaving Isaac recoling away from the brightness. Now he and 'Ratoz' weren't the only ones being illuminated by the spotlight.[break][break]

A man stood atop the octagon, his visage filling the big screen north of the room as well. He was a red-faced man, wearing a three piece suit and a cowboy hat, who spoke in a heavy Orrean accent as he whooped and cheered to amp the crowd up. "Right on both accounts!" the man said, pointing a sausage like finger down at 'Ratoz.' "Always did like me some silver screen action. But while this is a big ol' show, I'm afraid it's gonna be very, very real for you all.[break][break]

"In the red corner! Some pipsqueak Rocket who thought some fake business cards and pulling the ol' "look over there" trick on my bouncer would get him free tickets to the party! In the blue corner! It's Charlie Brown from Outta Town, a hick ranger from Sinnoh whose lies are only rivaled by his face." Isaac honestly couldn't tell who got the worse disses.[break][break]

"Now, I'm sure you'd like to see these two punch each other out over some big dramatic Hoenn blood feud. But, c'mon! These two look like a pair of wet Lillipup! No, no, I'm not gonna bore you all to tears seeing these two slap each other around.[break][break]

"How's about we all give Rey Rey a big, warm welcome!?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! / @laskt

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights