TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 2:32:07 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
Guillermo wants to be good. He wants to be unselfish. But he also doesn’t want to apologize for his feelings for Alex, or their strength, because they’re good. They’re strong, and they’re real.
[break][break]
And, in turn, Alex shouldn’t apologize for his hesitance. His desire to wait.
[break][break]
“You don’t have to be sorry, Alex,” he says, not bothering to move from where he’s, frankly, very comfortably nestled up against the larger man. “Why would I be upset about waiting when there’s nowhere else I want to be? And no one else I want to be with, for that matter.”
[break][break]
Ever. There was no one else he would want to be with, ever.
[break][break]
“‘M not going anywhere,” he mumbled, the tiniest bit sleepy; all the emotion of the last five or so minutes had burnt out of him, all the dread and nausea and excitement and terror, leaving him warm and soft and confutable. Because he hadn’t ruined it-- this, what they had. If anything, he’d made it more clear. “You jus’ have to tell me-- what you need.” He squeezed his eyes shut against a yawn.
[break][break]
“I know it sounds rich coming from a guy who is literally laying on you,” he said, sitting up slightly, eyes fixating on the column of Alex’s neck, just under his ear, “but if it’s space you need, I can do that, too. You just have to-- to tell me. Because I’ve never done any of this before.”

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidnotes"]

notes.

when im sleepy my characters are sleepy ig

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 16:27:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What I really need… is time.”

The irony was there to be had in that one particular statement.

“I just—” he trailed off, attempting to gather his thoughts in the aftermath of the other’s proclamation. That then made him stop and think.

Another few moments of silence settled between them before he found his voice once more.

“You… you’re not kidding when… when you mentioned that you’ve not done any of this at all, are you?” he asked the other—quite frankly, he didn’t want to move either, but he was also hungry, and therefore finished off the last of the sandwich he had with him before balling up the wrappers to be disposed of later.

His other hand then attempted to reach for the basket, trying to swipe a sandwich at random because hell he didn’t know what he was going to get next.

Pulling a random wrapped—something—near him, he looked out over the water, watching the last of the setting sun sink beyond the horizon.

“So… am I… your… first?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:16:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
Memo felt emboldened, like a huge weight he didn’t realize he was carrying slipped free of his shoulders and fell into the sea.
[break][break]
Time. All Alex needed was time.
[break][break]
In comparison to other things, time was the simplest, the easiest gift, the allowance Memo could offer the most of. He’d have done other things, too, but Alex asking for space, distance for clarity, would have ripped his heart out. He would’ve spent every waking moment feeling Alex’s absence like an ulcer in his gut.
[break][break]
But time.
[break][break]
“I can give you all the time you need, love,” Memo said, and it came out on a shiver, as he tried to compact the excitement and energy rolling through his body into a cube, a source, a contained unit. It was impossible. He was lightning. He was on fire. He was so full of love.
[break][break]
Then Alex had to go and ask him that question and, at first, Memo hadn’t thought anything of it. He’d been gently led into the shallows, blindsided so thoroughly by Alex’s willingness to continue this-- this relationship that was so new and powerful and good, that he hadn’t expected there to be questions that he would be afraid to answer.
[break][break]
He dragged a bare foot through the smoothed pebbles beneath their feet. The sky had turned violet. Night would be setting soon. “No, I’m not. Kidding, I mean.” Why would he ever joke about that? It seemed manipulative. He watched Alex pull out another sandwich-- salami and prosciutto with mozzarella-- and laughed quietly at his love’s insatiable appetite.
[break][break]
So… am I your first?
[break][break]
The humor died in his throat and his body went cold, face paling in the silence that expanded afterward. Too long. He had to say something.
[break][break]
“For… many things, yes,” he finally croaked out, shame a heavy weight in the base of his skull, forcing his eyes to rotate down. “For everything that matters, you are my first.”

notes.

when im sleepy my characters are sleepy ig

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 18:36:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was something—in the way the other had answered, that made him do a double-take.

Why did… why did he feel a shift in the mood? Was there something going on?

He blinked as he took a big bite of the sandwich, in order to stall for some time because he had a feeling there was a shift in the air. And it wasn’t a shift for the better, at least if he was second-guessing himself.

Much tempted as he was to answer that he wasn’t the first (in so many things, because between these two, let’s face it, Alexei had much more relationship experience) he decided not to, and continued to eat away at the sandwich he’d pulled out.

Which, hilariously, had an extraordinary amount of onion in it.

“Let… let me guess,” he finally managed to say, dispelling the really awkward silence.

“You did… things, too, didn’t you?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 19:33:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
Memo’s emotional state at any given time was directly tied to the amount of onion he included in the food he made. It went hand in hand to cooking being his favorite outlet for stress. When he was happy, he put in a normal amount of onion which, to be fair, was usually considered too much onion by normal standards. When he was excited or worked up, he put in lots of onion. Sad or angry, far too much onion.
[break][break]
It wasn’t so much that the silence between them had grown awkward, but Memo did feel like he stood on an edge. It was a balancing act, what he was doing. Overcompensate in either direction and he would either pitch forward into the oversharing abyss or fall backwards into stone-cold land. He didn’t want to do either-- but he also didn’t want to lay all of his dirty laundry at Alex’s feet in one sitting, especially not after all the good emotions they’d just worked through.
[break][break]
So he went for something in between laced with humor for sweetness.
[break][break]
“Don’t we all?” he asked, answering a question with a question, smile making its way back to his face. “I was a teenager once, too.”
[break][break]
Nailed it.
[break][break]
The fact of the matter is Memo didn’t have any good experiences of… that nature, prior to coming to Hoenn. It had all been poorly informed misguided trysts in bathrooms and stranger’s beds, in exchange for money, food, survival, a place to sleep (sometimes not even a safe one). The time between the age of seventeen and until he came to Hoenn was not a good one. He preferred his lost years to stay lost, thank you very much.

notes.

love finding out more about ur own characters

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 0:08:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Hey, you cheat,” he chuckled softly.

“We both were. But I’m sure you already know most of my story, anyway.”

Oh, where was he even going to fucking start?

The point where he took a side trip to the Abundant Shrine? The very first time he met Kyouya, also left to die on the side of a road as a Rufflet abandoned by his previous owner (he was more than sure of it, because who in the flying hell would leave a mcfucking Rufflet behind, of all things, and one that already knew the ways of the world to boot)?

The first time he got seasick on the trip from Castelia to Slateport? (Oh, those endless days of misery.)

The very first time he started working at the grind, two jobs a day just to keep rent on the one-room apartment he rented (and to sustain himself)?

How in the hell did he survive on such a… diet, he was going to be honest with himself.

“Or do you really know everything…there is to know about me.”

Because he was absolutely sure that only knew of his reputation as that, and even then it was something he kept under tight lock and key because it almost got him into trouble once.

(Yikes.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 22:33:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
“It’s not cheating,” Guillermo insisted with the petulant voice of those self-same teenagers, “it’s-- retaining an air of mystery.” He winked to show that he had pulled that phrase completely out of his ass. He leaned back on the chair, one hand pressed against the fabric. “It wouldn’t do to reveal all my playing cards, especially not now that I clearly still have wooing to do.”
[break][break]
It was mostly a joke. But part of it wasn’t. Part of him was absolutely terrified that Alex would learn things about him and never, ever want to see him again. Was it likely? Maybe not. But his brain had undergone several transformations since meeting Alex and none of those were increased rational thinking.
[break][break]
He laughed, though, when Alex’s own voice took on a little hint of mystery. “Of course I don’t, silly,” he said, spinning so his legs stretched out long, calves and feet off the chair and in the cool of the sea-smoothed pebbles below.
[break][break]
“You are a man of many secrets,” he said as he reclined, laying his head comfortably in Alex’s lap, “and I’m not even gonna pretend I know your whole story. But I don’t need to-- to know all that stuff to know that I care about you.”

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 17:58:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Have I ever told you,” he continued quietly as he worked on the rest of the sandwich (because talking did make one incredibly hungry, yes) “…that I worked more than one job before? Asides from the bartending, I mean.”

Well, it was true, after all.

First it was his stint at that small family bakery, long since gone out of business. He learned so much about baking from them, what a blessing.

Then it was that little roadside café where he could spy on all the cute boys all day long (and where someone would bum off fries from him every single chance they got whenever they dropped by to heckle him while he was working.)

The bartending thing was really his sort of… main ‘gig’ until such time he decided to join that on a whim.

“Hey,” he asked once he was done destroying the sandwich he’d grabbed at random and reaching for another one (sorry, Memo, your eventual boyfriend has the appetite of a Snorlax, deal with it) before idly unwrapping it with one hand, “…do you know anything at all about drag queens?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 20:09:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
Memo beams up at him, this human being who had, somehow, become his sun, the gravitational weight in his life so massive that all other lesser aspects of light moved around him.
[break][break]
“No,” he says, voice twisting up in a childish petulance at the end, nose crinkled, “but I can’t imagine you’ve been only a bartender and a gym leader in your life.” He turned over to rest his cheek on Alex’s thigh, staring out at the little bay as it finally succumbed to darkness, drawing circles on Alex’s knee with one fingertip. “I’m sure you’ve been a great many things.”
[break][break]
They drifted in companionable silence for a couple moments before Alex asked his question. Memo squinted into the dark.
[break][break]
“Um,” he said, thinking, “I mean… I know what they are?”

notes.

physical touch is his love language

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 15:03:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So many things,” he nodded quietly, wondering what the other would make of it.

Only recently did he have the luxury of slowing down, because ever since he’d arrived in Hoenn when he turned seventeen, it was nothing but work, work, and work to burn the midnight oil in order to have just enough to survive.

(Look, rent was never cheap anywhere anyone looked. Plus a person had needs, okay!)

“At least you know of drag queens,” he hummed—deciding to keep that a secret, for now. “I hope your opinion of them isn’t too biased.”

That was all he was going to say about that particular topic.

He then began picking at the next sandwich, wondering what it contained… he was sure it had an extraordinary amount of onion, though.

“Aren’t… aren’t you like, going to ask me anything else you want to know about myself?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 21:23:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
“Mmm, I try to keep an open mind,” he said, voice heavy with drowsiness. Now that full dark had set in he’d realized just how exhausted he was. Between working himself ragged and getting super charged up for asking Alex out, the burnout was real. “So I don’t really have an opinion of them.”
[break][break]
He wondered why it mattered. Was liking drag a Normal Gay(™) thing that he was going to have to get into? Maybe he could. Maybe he could learn to be a Normal Gay(™) now that he wasn’t in danger at every given opportunity.
[break][break]
Now that he was safe.
[break][break]
“Like what?” he asked on the back half of a yawn. He rolled back over to look up at Alex, grinning as he watched him unwrap another sandwich. “Maybe the better question is what do you want to tell me.”

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 21:42:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Asides from the fact that I don’t know how the hell I survived the past eleven years on a carb-heavy diet? Well…” he trailed off as he took a big bite of the sandwich and was not surprised to taste onion within it, “…you already know that I can bake you out of house and home. My other cooking skills, outside of pasta dishes and instant ramen… kind of leave a lot to be desired.”

Well, well, wasn’t that like an open invitation.

He then kept himself busy with the sandwich for a few moments, taking another big bite out of it.

“Well, what is it that you do want to know about me?” he returned the question, with a question.

(Two could play that game!)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:39:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
Memo laughs-- a real, genuine, sunlight sound. “Yeah, I don’t know how you did that, either,” he confessed through giggles. “I’d be convinced you didn’t even know what a vegetable was.”
[break][break]
He fought back a yawn. “That’s fine, honey, I can cook for us,” he mumbled, comfortable, tired, sated. “It’s fun. I enjoy it. And as much as I love cheese with pasta, I think you will enjoy it, too.” He took the invite, the bait, the fall. He was already fallen.
[break][break]
Memo hummed, eyes tracing the rocks along the top of the cove, following the darker lines where water would condensate on humid days and drip, drip, drip.
[break][break]
“What’s your favorite color?”

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 23:09:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Hey,” he said with a teasing grin as he swat at Memo’s upper arm. “I at least know how to put a sandwich together. Although it involves scrambled eggs and a lot of pepper.”

So apparently if Memo here liked onion, Alex… had a curious affinity for pepper.

“Well… I think you’re going to like my fridge, then… considering I keep it well-stocked. Although I might have to hide all my onions from you.”

He couldn’t help but tease the other about that.

“Oh, me? My favorite color?”

Well, that was an easy one. Two, actually.

“You know the color of the skies when it’s not too sunny, not too moody—just that… perfect hint of light blue mixed with a little bit of white? And then when it’s sunset… purple. The way the purple just bleeds into the skies after the sun set… which is why I loved the idea of coming out here to see the sun sink into the horizon… those are my favorite hues of color.”

Absently, he took another bite from the sandwich he was holding.

“How about… you? What’s your favorite color?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
picnic rocks [s]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 23:27:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]
“Scrambled eggs are good,” Memo agreed, “and pepper makes everything better. Pepper, onions, garlic. The holy Paldean trifecta.” He snorted his laughter, eyes falling half closed. “My sister once dared me to eat an onion like an apple and I did it. Apparently my abuela used to do that, too.”
[break][break]
He fell silent and let Alex wax on poetically about colors. It was actually kind of adorable and perfect, how detailed he got, how into it he got. And it didn’t surprise him, not a single iota, that Alex’s two favorite colors were both colors of the sky.
[break][break]
He couldn’t stop himself, as he looked up and locked eyes with Alex, once he was done going on about the hues of the sunset and all the other lovely things; he cracked his biggest, shit-eatingest grin and said:
[break][break]
“Green.”

notes.