Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
is this all there is [past, m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 21:37:25 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg squeezed at her aching shoulders as she gazed, dead-eyed, into the abyss that was her locker. It was messy, like most other parts of her life, a collection of papers, food wrappers, and odd articles of clothing that she’d shoved away for when she was too cold, or go too hot.

“Ey, Bothwell,” Sears asked, shutting her own locker and leaning against it, “we’re all going out for a beer. Wanna come?”

“Nah, can’t,” Cyg says, tone flat, without looking away from the rectangular summation of her life, “I’m on tomorrow.”

Tch. A suck of air through clenched teeth. “Suit yourself.”

Cyg stays there, just existing, for a long time, before she finally shuts the damn locker and slips into her coat, pushing out the employee exit into the false light and faint hum of Mauville’s canned air.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 5:41:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"bothwell."

theo steps into the draining light of the building's lobby that leaks onto the cold pavements of mauville. he is dressed smartly, and professionally, as one might expect from an executive.

"not going for drinks with your colleagues?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 18:43:29 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She’s deep in thought and tired from staring down the barrel of a sparking junction box all day, body on autopilot-- but the way he says her name, the way his voice carries, makes her pause.

She’s exhausted, turns like she’s caught in mud, irritation spiking at the precious hours of free time this stranger is starting to whittle away-- and a stranger he is. He’s dressed far too nice to be a coworker. Brass, maybe? But what would GMH want with its little fishes?

“No,” she says, tiny piece of petulance coloring her tone, irritation at a question already answered. “I’m on tomorrow.” It’s nearing 8-- she has to be up at 4:30. Half an hour commute. Then twelve more hours of servitude. Dinner and a cigarette and a PBR somewhere in between.

Against her better judgment, she asks, “What do you want?” but the venom has gone out of her voice. She’s too tired to produce her own poisons.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 3:59:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"it's less about what i want."

a hand reaches into his coat, fishing out a packet of cigarettes before pinching one between his lips. he reaches the packet over to her, offering in small truce.

"you reached out to us, after all."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 19:26:42 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg frowned. Watches him handle his cigarettes with the kind of pale, sober jealousy that weighs heavy in your cheeks. Pulls your face downwards. That’s where she wants to be-- home, smoking, sleeping. Not being accosted in the streets by-- whomever the fuck this was.

He did seem important, though. No one important ever noticed her.

“I reached out to you…” she said, voice trailing off, a night mist breaking before the morning sun. She sucked her cheek, grabbing at memories, willing something to snap into place.

Then, like a lightbulb: “Wait…”

A dim, broken one, with a burnt-out fuse, spitting sparks.

She took a few steps closer, which turned into more, which brought her into his airspace.

“The-- the assessment test?” she asked, shoulder forward, as though a barrier between her next words and anyone who might hear.

“The Rocket assessment test?”

A whisper. A hiss. A dare to hope.

It was, Cyg decided, a good thing if your life could throw surprises at you even as you succumbed to the monotony of your day to day.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 9:17:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"that's the one."

seemingly unfazed by how she's stepped into his orbit, he scratches the lighter, igniting his cigarette before taking a small drag.

"you scored well enough to get our attention."

more than well, apparently, if they sent him.

"so i'm here to follow up. still interested?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 15:35:25 GMT
ana fell Avatar
A shiver of excitement passes through her, coalescing in her stomach. Oh, my god. Oh, my god?

Her face falls. ”This isn’t a scam, is it?” she asks. Because people in scams always identify themselves before doing said scamming.

Is she still interested? ”Hell yeah, I’m interested.” She crosses her arms. ”Provided this is legit.” It’s not argumentative petulance she speaks with but a crumbling disappointment.

Please, please be real.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 6:47:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"it's not a scam."

words he never thought he'd ever have to say to convince someone to join their ranks. such strange times they live in.

"you understand there will be things asked of you that may be beyond your assigned scope of work."

he says simply.

"just a formality i have to give all new recruits."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 20:04:11 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She exhaled a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. It would never have occurred to her in a million, bazillion years that the little aptitude test she took on a whim would have actually-- that she would’ve scored-- holy shit.

“That’s fine,” she said, chest constricting with excitement, “that’s-- more than fine. I’m already staring down the barrel of my own mortality.” Looking forward to thirty years of doing the same thing, day in and day out, until she died, or got too arthritic from work to work.

What she knew of Rocket could fill a thimble. She had an idea of it in her head, and then, next to it, a monstrous, out-of-control version that most of the public knew. The Kanto takeover. The bloodshed. The nastiness.

She didn’t care. She wanted a change-- and metamorphosis wasn’t always the prettiest thing to witness.

“I’m always looking to broaden my scope,” she added, as though this were a job interview.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 9:43:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]there's a fine line to navigate between between honesty and deceit. too honest and it may drive her away never to return again. too deceitful and she may feel cheated in the future which will only turn to anger and possibly betrayal.

as someone who has recruited countless personnel, theo navigates it quite well. it's where he thrives, after all: in the grey area of what is right and wrong.

"good. there's just one thing i'll need from you before we move ahead with your application."

said so formally team rocket could've been mistaken for an actual company.

"i'll need access into gmh servers."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 15:23:10 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg froze, eyes widening in alarm. “I--,” she started, then stopped, brow furrowing. This was clearly a test and she didn’t know what the answer was.

Her hand dropped to her ID badge, clipped to her hip pocket.

“I’m small potatoes,” she confessed, tugging it free, “so my clearance is pretty low level. Schedules, time clock, company calendar.”

She held it out, trying to hide the tremble in her hand. It didn't feel like a betrayal after five years of service and little to show for it.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:40:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you are."

a small potato, as she so eloquently described. that makes theo a big potato, then.

he glances down at the extended id badge, noticing the tremble but never doing anything to help it. he doesn't reach out for it yet.

"so you're telling me you can't get higher access. correct?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 16:06:48 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg swallows. She doesn’t like how small this man makes her feel. Not that that’s anything new, of course-- it’s part of the reason she wants to join Rocket so badly.

But she never wants to be a bootlicker.

“Not legally,” she says, letting the implications of that sink in.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 14:24:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo does no more than blink and look at her with an expression that does its best to portray: "no shit."

he supposes he will have to spell it out for her.

"so break the law."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 21:28:03 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg swallows, palms starting to sweat. “Right.” She supposed it didn’t so much matter any more. It wasn’t like she was worried about losing her job, right? Right.

Right.

She spins her ID around one finger as she turns away from Theo and walks back to the employee entrance, forcing her steps to be even and her stomach to not totally rebel and leap out her throat. Just like walking into work, every day for the rest of her life.

She wonders, as she’s letting herself back into the building, if she should have Theo follow her. But she has a plan already, and it really doesn’t involve him.

She takes a right turn away from the union lockerroom and towards the stairs going up to the offices where the engineers and production planners sit. Many of them are salaried and still working, even this late in the evening.

She does a casual half-lap before she finds an empty cubicle, slides into the office chair; she has a USB drive on her keyring shaped like a Furret (the tail comes off) a gift from her mother during tradeschool. Into the USB slot it goes, and onto it she copies the GMH server host program; from there it’s as simple as downloading the user’s saved passwords and login information, and finding out the IP address, which she writes on a sticky note, tears off the pad, before unplugging the USB, clearing the search history, and powering down the computer.

It only really takes about ten minutes but she’s terrified Theo won’t be there when she gets back; he is, though, holy shit, and she hands him the Furret USB concealed in a pack of Benson & Hedges (as an afterthought, because, she’s a spy now?).

“Use a cheap laptop and a VPN from an internet cafe. All the passwords and stuff should be good for another few months until they make us change them for security reasons. This’ll have engineering stuff, line and machine blueprints, order lists, cost estimates… everything in real time. Maybe even some poor sad sack's bank information, depends on how dumb they are with their saved passwords.”

She’s sweating. She hopes this is good enough.

⚰︎ recruitment, act I