ON PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ON PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS [M]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 1:22:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
guest lecturing wasn't necessarily emerson's favorite little side hustle. teaching university students is more of a crapshoot than it should be, and the angles they're allowed to teach within a structured system are . . . limited. that being said teaching in slateport has been an experience so far more rewarding than usual.

the students taking their lecture on bio tech are by and large competent and clever; and the nature of the curriculum means emerson can put a bit more meaning behind their lectures than generally, strictly allowed.

". . . all this is to say that your knowledge in this field and the work you will inevitably do when you have left this university will do a great deal of good for the common man, but any science can claim that," emerson speaks emphatically.

"this study, in the specific, has the capability to do what most science does not consider -- to improve life for everything on this planet. from you, to your pokemon, and to even the lazy consumer uninterested in the difference between gogoat cheese and a friendlier, manufactured alternative."

"i hope you will consider that as you continue your work here and beyond," they pause, a choice punctuated by a wry smirk before they continue on boisterously "and while you work on your research papers on the development of the technologies and methodologies that will lead us to that bloodless cheese."

there is a groan from several students that emerson expected. emerson smiles through it though before clapping their hands and waving the students off. half of them were packed and ready to leave anyway, all of them so much more punctual about the class's end than its beginning.

as the students file out, emerson begins to gather their own things up for lunch. their jacket, their wallet, and of course farfetch'd.

"i know the lessons are boring, but i appreciate you waiting them out with me."

the duck pokemon takes a few tottering steps out from behind emerson's desk. despite what they said, she doesn't seem especially put out.

"let's eat, yeah?"