Rebel Gains a Cause [PAST]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 23:22:03 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ten years ago Ashley Age: 14
Saffron City, Kanto... ten years ago...

Anger was in every fiber of his being when he yelled out in the foyer, standing in front of the open door.

"Suck the entirety of deez nuts, asswipes."

That was the last thing Ashley ever said to his last foster family, slapping towards his black baggy shorts near the crotch area. He turns on his old beaten converse heel and marches out of their lives forever, no intention to walk back and gain another bandage like the one on his right cheek.

He rolled a four that time. They weren't the worst family in the world, but when the best score is two sixes on that six-sided foster care set of die, he rolled way too low. Abusively so. Didn't take a genius to know he was tired of rolling when he kept the numbers below a seven.

Not that his attitude helped.

The streets were better. It beat another set of parents who just wanted the virtue points of adopting a foster kid, only to realize they weren't even equipped to handle them. Let alone their own kid.

That wasn't fair to most of them. But at least right now for Ashley, as he walks out at fourteen, he didn't give a Durant's ass. Even if it was fair, it wasn't fair enough for Ashley. No one understood what Ashley wanted. Why bother trying to come halfway, when they don't even put enough effort?

No. He had somewhere to go. The other day, he heard some people talking. He didn't know them, but they seemed to know how to make money. They were like him! They hated the world as it was, and everyone in it! He asked them... and they told him, outskirts of town. Someone would be there to test and judge him.

"Got it. I'll be there, so don't forget."

There he stood now, on the edge of Saffron City. His arms crossed, as wearing his old black vest over a white t-shirt, covered in dirt. His silver necklace sits around a fake chain on his neck, as he couldn't afford the good stuff. Silver eyes look over everyone and everything as he stands there. They forgot didn't they? Of course they forgot. "Fuckin' typical." They didn't take kids seriously.

Little did Ashley know... his life was about to change forever.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 8:26:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]lives changed for better or worse; theo could not take credit for them all. all he can do is shove them along a path and hope they adapt in time to survive.

how will young ashley fare?

the subtle wisp of smoke that drifts into the scene announces his arrival. theo steps into the clearing with a cigarette pinched between his lips.

"why do you want in?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 6:24:54 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

Finally! Recognition! His toothy grin shows confidence, his silver eyes staring down the recruiter. Running a hand through his silver hair, he punches his fists together.

"Parents didn't want me, and I want to make it everyone's problem." He cracks his knuckles. His confidence doesn't shake, but it's getting there with each passing second. This guy is the real deal.

Why did he need another reason? Yeah, he could say he wanted money, but this reason was far more honest. Everyone wants money. Not everyone is an orphan. "I'd be nothing but an asset. No family, no friends I care about... I'm like, the perfect recruit."

He looked so cool smoking a cigarette. Maybe Ash should try it.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 8:23:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]is this confidence or arrogance? they'll find out soon enough.

appreciating the way ashley gets straight to the point, theo nods his head in approval, then continues with another point.

"what skills do you have? can you fight?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 8:48:00 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

Heh. Ashley was impressing the guy. Damn right, he could see a good asset when he sees one. A cocky smirk sits upon his face.

"Skills? I can steal. I can fight. And I have a great smile." he lied one-third of that. Crossing his arms, he nods quickly, his inflated ego worn on his sleeve.

"No ties mean I can kill too."

The obvious shudder came from the thought of that. He'd never taken a life before.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 8:53:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the shudder is seen and understood. he'd seen similar far too many times from recruits similar to ashley — the cocky, boastful ones who often failed when the time came.

"i assume you haven't, then."

as for his fighting skills?

with his gaze elsewhere, theo swiftly brings his hand across ashley's face for a slap.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 9:03:09 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

What? Was he that obvious? Ashley scowled, eyes pointed at the guy, anger pooling his silver gaze as he was called out. "I can, that's what ma-"

Slap.

That wasn't a drunken slap either. That was quite literally a clap onto his face, as he reeled to the side. He was no stranger to physical abuse... but he began to smirk. "You wanna go, you old fuck? Let's go then!"

Shaking it off, he charges the taller man, in an attempt to knock him down, throwing all of his weight into knocking him off his feet... despite being a short, scrawny teenager that likely couldn't even do that much.

His world of pain was about to get so much worse.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 11:22:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]while someone else may have drawn satisfaction from slapping a punk of a kid, theo finds none as he sees it as a necessity to suss out just how well the kid can fight.

the size difference isn't the only factor that works against ashley. theo's relatively lanky build and young age allows him to swoop to the side, avoiding being tackled only to bring a hand out to shove ashley to the ground.

"do better."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 5:37:22 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

When Theo pushes him to the ground, Ashley finds himself getting more and more pissed off. His face contorts, his teeth showing as he grinds them together. Then he tells him to do better?

Fine. He will.

On the ground, he grabs at some dirt, throwing it at Theo to attempt to blind him, before charging him. He may not know boxing, but he knows how to street fight. He knows how to fight dirty. "Bonzai!" Putting both of his hands together like he's about to hit a volleyball, he goes in for an attempt to smash the prick's nose in. If he got blind, he surely wouldn't see it coming, right?

Right?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 10:36:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]if there's anyone who knows how to fight dirty, it's the rocket admin who's spent years doing the organization's dirty deeds. so unfortunately for ashley, theo does see it coming.

his head ducks to the side to avoid the dirt and he simply steps away to avoid being smashed by ashley's hands.

a step back creates space between them.

"don't you have any pokemon?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 8:50:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

DAMMIT! The asshole not only avoids the dirt, but steps out of his way, leaving Ashley flatfooted as he bounces on his foot forward. He threw everything he had in that!

The question comes up... The teenager looks dejected, Ashley clinching his fists. "If you're a good kid, and have good parents, you get to go on a magical Pokemon journey. I got the journey of foster care, and it's just as magical." Ashley clinches his fists at his side, turning his head to the side to show the bandage on his face.

Ashley wasn't going to cry. All of his bitterness was coming to the surface though. He was irritated. He wanted to scream. He wanted someone to listen.

"You gonna fight back? That last slap was weaker than my last dad's." he taunts, arms crossed. Despite his lie, he leers Theo down with his silver globes.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 2:24:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"they don't have pokemon in foster care?"

there's nothing malicious behind his question. he's genuinely curious because his knowledge of foster care is limited at best. for all the bad that's happened to him, he's been lucky enough not to have grown up in the system.

theo doesn't fall for the taunt. he does, however, simply step forward to backhand ashley.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 6:52:36 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

The backhand to his face hurt. It hurt, but Ashley took this as initiative to throw his fist to Theo's gut as hard as he could to dig it in, mad intent to fight back. Even if he took that backhand, he wasn't letting Theo win.

He spits to the side. "The orphanage can only pay for food, and appearances. If we got a Pokemon, then some of us can't eat. Or the Pokemon dies." Ashley knew it. He wasn't stupid. That was why they never adopted one. At least, at his. He didn't exactly have the world's most bright orphanage in the world.

"Even if some families have Pokemon, that's not ours. So I'll beat you myself. Don't care how much I'm beaten or broken. I'm getting in, or I'll die trying."

His silver eyes flash with hatred, pain, and desperation. He's not taking no for an answer. No way, no how. He stands his ground, staring down Theo with resolve.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 11:25:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]this time, theo doesn't bother avoiding the punch. it squares him in his gut hard enough to knock the wind out of him. he coughs, taking a quick gasp for air before recovering.

he's been hit much harder and in far worse places.

as ashley stands his ground, theo can do no more than look at him.

"you understand what's required of you, correct?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 2:48:42 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes

Ashley barks it back, like a trained dog, standing his ground. "I do. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes, gramps." He shouldn't be so rude, but he got that punch in. It didn't help him boost his confidence...

He was sure enough if Theo could dodge the rest of it, he could've dodged that punch. It does nothing to satisfy the young man. "Whatever it takes." he repeats, resolve in his eyes, hands balled into fists.