JAILBREAK [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
JAILBREAK [M]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 22:51:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the night is quiet as they creep up on their target for the evening.

the lights are out on the farm, the pokemon put away (but when aren't they in a place like this). the farm itself is a garish mark on the otherwise beautiful hoenn countryside. several buildings in uniform lines, like they've been cut and pasted. room within them each for a hundred pokemon in theory -- probably three or four times as many crammed into them in truth.

it's a big hit. it took calling in favors from overseas for this to even be a possibility, and additional bolstering of their forces locally through less savory contacts.

"let me run it by all of you again," emerson speaks in a hushed tone, but not so quietly that his voice doesn't carry over to the crowd gathered behind him, "the mission is to free, then destroy. break the gates and bindings on the pokemon and then send them east where the pickup crew is. do it quickly but without harming the poor things, the system has abused them enough."

a facemask and hood obscure most of emerson's features, but his eyes are hard and uncompromising.

"once all of them are out, and only then, we tear this place down so completely repairs won't be on the table."

finally he picks out one face from the crowd, it doesn't matter who at the end of the day. a bit of blond hair is the only thing he can pick out to define them.

"you, with me."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
JAILBREAK [M]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 23:27:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Frankly, if you asked Isaac what the Team Rocket of his dreams would be like, this was it. Rolling up with a tight-knit squad that's fed up with the inaction of the League, taking direct action against the problems plaguing Hoenn, and leaving the wreckage as a message to anyone else that wants to try ruining the region.[break][break]

They didn't even have to harm any innocents, either! If this was usual Rocket work, at best they'd take on a mission like this so they could plant Rocket's flag on top and continue business as usual. At worst, the Rocket research labs would swell up from ill-gotten plunder. Not Emerson. They told this rag-tag band in no uncertain terms that there was to be no harm done to the Pokemon of the farms, and with the sheer authority in their voice Isaac knew nobody'd be pulling any funny business.[break][break]

Shit, why couldn't this guy be in charge?[break][break]

If Emerson hadn't picked Isaac, he would've practically run up and volunteered. "Blackjack, reporting," Isaac said as he joined Emerson at the front of the ranks. Despite his enthusiasm, he managed to keep himself limited to an easygoing, confident smirk. "Just tell me how we're doing this, and consider it done."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]207 WORDS / @emerson

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
JAILBREAK [M]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 19:15:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"nice to be working with you blackjack, we're going to hit building one hard and fast."

emerson accompanies his instructions with a gesturing towards the outside of the group. tauros and farfetch'd reveal themselves, the latter atop the former. as a rule emerson doesn't force any of his pokemon to participate in his raids but some of them have scores to settle. he would never dream of keeping those ones from the front lines.

"tauros is going to bash down the doors and farfetch'd is going to cut bonds. while that's happening i'm going to work on disabling the emergency capture system," emerson speaks clearly but quickly, diction crisp enough that the pace of his words won't slur their meaning, "they don't bother to capture every pokemon they breed, it's only if they get loose that the systems even try."

"you're going to either help farfetch'd break binds or help herd the free pokemon. both if you have a team suited for it. this operation is delicate, and with how confused the pokemon are going to be it's going to take some gentle guidance to ensure they go where we need them to as fast as we need them to."

the moment emerson's instructions are done he gestures for his partners to get moving. tauros and farfetch'd set off towards the target and emerson kicks up into a brisk run after them. blackjack has only one choice: keep up.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
JAILBREAK [M]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 0:00:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I've got just the team for the job," Isaac said, the grin on his face eager as he slipped the Pokeballs along his belt between his fingers. All six rained onto the ground in a single toss, leaving Isaac surrounded by his squad for the day.[break][break]

"Watson, Kiryu, Sectonia," Isaac said, turning to the Aggron, Totodile, and Vespiquen to his left. "You three help guide the Pokemon out of there. Between Watson's friendly cheer, Kiryu's tender old care, and Sectonia's queenly presence, the three should be able to help reach and direct any Pokemon we're looking for, and they can handle themselves in a fight with ease if push comes to shove."[break][break]

That left the three on Isaac's right; a Cubone, a Bisharp, and an Amoonguss. "Duster, Kurze, Adrenaline, you guys are on smash-up duty," he continued. "If something needs slicing, Kurze is your guy. If something needs smashing, Duster's got you. And Adrenaline's Pollen Puff should help her tend to the injured." The two separated into their various squads, the smashers falling in step with Farfetch'd and the guides hanging back with the trainers.[break][break]

And with that, it was time to go! Isaac ran in Emerson's wake, his party fanning out behind him like a flying v. Once the group got up and running in earnest, Isaac knew this farm was going to have its farm rocked.[break][break]

Good. Maybe a proper message would get their acts in gear.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]239 WORDS / @emerson

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
JAILBREAK [M]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 19:37:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
when emerson moves, the rest of the groups follow suit. as he and blackjack swing hard and fast towards the first building the others fan out. some go to the farmhouse to make sure none of the workers will get in the way, others split to the other buildings, and still others take up their positions on the outskirts -- guards and guides both.

"you know what to do!" emerson shouts to his friends. and they do. tauros and farfetch'd move with practiced precision. tauros lowers his head and smashes through the front gates of the first farm with a ZEN HEADBUTT and then, like a star in an action movie, farfetch'd leaps from his back.

her leek glows at her side, green energy beginning to surge as she turns a FURY CUTTER on the first batch of contained ponyta. the poor things startle and whinny pitifully even as their binds are torn and shattered by the increasingly potent attack.

"blackjack, it's going to take me a second to get those systems in check! for now break any pokeballs you see being shot at the ponyta!"

emerson barks orders as his fingers fly across the keys of the farm's sole computer. already there's a mechanical whirring and clunking as the capture system senses pokemon moving where they ought not be.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
JAILBREAK [M]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 0:43:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Kurze and Duster were quick to follow in Farfetch'd's footsteps, helping the plucky duck break through the bonds of the poor, startled Ponyta. Adrenaline's Pollen Puffs and Sectonia's Sweet Scent filled the air, practically turning this farm into a garden. One technique would ease their pain. The other would ease their panic. It was an incredibly potent combination in a situation such as this.[break][break]

Unfortunately, they couldn't remain entirely at ease. There were automated Pokeball defense systems priming up in response to Isaac and Emerson's interference. If a Ponyta was tagged, that Ponyta was snagged. Isaac didn't like the sound of that. "Kiryu! You're on defense. Watson, you're on offense. Get Kiryu nice and ready, please."[break][break]

For the most part, Kiryu was sidestepping in front of the Ponyta and blocking Pokeballs with her near bulletproof hide. However, as she kept the Ponyta safeguarded, Watson had latched onto her with a mouth full of icy fangs. At first, this seemed like a baffling and counterproductive strategy. Why would Isaac be attacking his own defender?[break][break]

Each bite, each chew, each second of ice-cold contact left Kiryu's plates glowing brighter than the last, going from a dull shine to a blinding white. She smashed her forearms together, the resulting Metal Burst exploding out from her body and smashing several Pokeballs out of the air.[break][break]

The two worked together like a well oiled machine. With Watson chewing his heart out and Kiryu firing off Metal Bursts as quickly as she could, they were blasting Pokeballs almost as quickly as they came. Any that they couldn't catch were tagged by Duster and Kurze, the strikers of Team Isaac leaping up to parry wayward balls away.[break][break]

Today, Isaac's team was a well oiled machine, united in the fires of liberation. Isaac couldn't be a prouder papa.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]300 WORDS / @emerson

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]