May 20
not important
not important
Lapdog
cadet
man's best friend
5 height
5 height
Someone tell me, who am I supposed to be? Give me direction, I need affection.
awards
19 posts
Priya Kosch DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priya
Priya Kosch
cherry, cherry
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 1:34:27 GMT
Priya Kosch Avatar
The inky blackness above melded easily, cloud indistinguishable from the night sky as a downpour of rain flooded empty streets.

The unfortunate folks that remained outdoors were forced to tread through the rain, rushing themseves to the nearest form of shelter they could find.

All except one, who had been in seemingly no hurry, his body curled over as he dredged through the streets, struggling with each step. As pools of crimson trickled down to his feet and dispersed just as quickly, Priya paid it no mind. His attention was dead set on the only source of comfort he could find- some sort of safehouse where he could properly tend to his wounds, or at the very least pass out safely.

All he needed was a few more steps. a few more feet, another minute, maybe another five. As long as he could move, he would.

But no matter how much one pushes themselves, there's only so much a body can handle before it finally decides that too much is too much. Which became obvious when the man, as stalwart as he tried to seem, fell face first into a forming puddle; that same crimson that once slithered away now pooling together in one place, insidious in its plotting to drown him in himself.

With the last of his strength, he musters the will to turn his face sideways, pulling an arm from his pocket and giving a call to his “physician.” Whether she answers of not, he would give a message all the same.

Rustboro, 4th Ave, between Keen Eye Bar and the Lucky Gulpin… I went a little too deep.” Through droplets of rain, splashing water, and half grunts, he struggles out his words, falling silent soon after.

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
cherry, cherry
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 16:09:43 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Rustboro was a beautiful city. The weight of its history was carried by the stones that built its foundations. She had arrived three days earlier for a medical conference. Was it necessary for Nanette to have gone? No, not really. Was it a boon to her education? Very much so. Did she have more totes than she knew what to do with now after visiting booths? Also yes. All in all, it had been a wonderful experience. There was something almost Kalosian about the way the city looked with its bricks and thoroughfares. On the last night of the conference, there had been a rave of all things: Medics After Midnight. So today, Nanette was perfectly content to relax and listen to the distant boom of thunder and the patter of rain atop her rental.

It was straight out of a noir film or novel…at least visually. Because she was no grizzled detective. She was just a young ranger, and she was watching a romantic comedy film instead of the streets. There were no thoughts of dames or unsolved cases in her mind, only a vague idea of her own schedule and things she would need to take care of once she returned to Slateport.

There was a grand declaration of love playing just as her phone rang. Her tinny ringtone didn’t even finish its first cycle before she picked it up. It was Priya…which usually only meant one thing had happened. There was dread pooling in Nanette’s gut as she answered, heavy as a stone.

Rustboro, 4th Ave, between Keen Eye Bar and the Lucky Gulpin…I went a little too deep.

I’ll be right there. Try and apply pressure to any bleeding in the meantime.

She was already rising to her feet as she talked, and her words were coming in fast – firm and decisive. She dug through her suitcase for her first-aid kit, then for a pair of actual shoes (not her pretty summer sandals) but came up short. Fine. It was fine. She could take gutter water soaking her feet. Nanette threw on a hoodie over her pajamas – soft, fuzzy shorts, a truly massive t-shirt bearing the words LUIMIOSE UNIVERSITY – and darted out the door. Her sandals slapped against tile and then over laid stone once she was outside. The air smelled of rain, damp earth.

The hood pulled over her head did little to nothing. It was cotton, and it soaked through almost immediately. It was fine. It kept some of the rain from her eyes, at least. Nanette shielded her phone under the curl of her fingers. Priya’s location wasn’t too far. Ten minutes of walking…probably eight, maybe seven or even six if she ran.

So she ran.

The neon signs were bright, two letters flagging. The little gulpin on one sign flickered. When Nanette looked down, she could see deep red clouding the rain water before it was washed down the drain. There was another clap of thunder rumbling beyond the city.

Priya!? What did you do this time?

Nanette shoved her phone in her pocket as she rushed forward, leaning over him as if to try and shield him from the rain. It was bad, worse than she’d ever seen him.

Can you sit up? Lean on me, and let’s get you out of this weather.

close tab

played by

giz

Rya
He/Him
May 20
not important
not important
Lapdog
cadet
man's best friend
5 height
5 height
awards
19 posts
Priya Kosch DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priya
Priya Kosch
cherry, cherry
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 3:47:49 GMT
Priya Kosch Avatar
The plodding of footsteps and and calling of his own name stirred Priya from his brief slumber, the boom of lightning deafened out in favor of hearing the approach of another.

Soggy steps, a worried tone, and the brief reprieve of shelter- foggy memories of a man barely clinging to life as he struggled to sit upright, doing his best to obey her wishes.

I got it…

Slowly, he pushes his legs out, dragging his back against the wall and smearing a scarlet path along the wall as he struggled to his feet, only to fall on his ass- gasping for air and choking back the pain.

Through gritted teeth, he finally relents, accepting her help, a soaked arm draping over her after having gained the proper footing.

I bit off more than I can chew…” He says softly, doing his best to keep most of his weight off of her as they moved.

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
cherry, cherry
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 4:11:48 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

He needed something now – minutes ago, hours ago – to staunch some of the bleeding. At this rate, it would take too much time to get back to the rental. Nanette wracked her memory of the rain-slick thoroughfares for a warehouse, an awning, or anything that could keep them from the rain. Nanette was scowling as they went. This was a mess, Priya was badly wounded, and the rain had gone from romantic to grim all in a single phone call.

Here.

Nanette had to double-back a few paces for this place. It was a condemned apartment by the looks of it. Some of the windows were shattered, and fewer were boarded up. There was graffiti on the walls and trash strewn in what might have been a nice lawn, once. Was it ideal? Not really. But it would give them cover, at least, and all Nanette had to do was make sure Priya didn’t collapse on a used needle.

The interior was a little better off. There wasn’t as much graffiti on the walls as she had expected. This must have been a lovely place once. Nanette could make out the shape of elegant sconces, and she was sure the creaky floors had once been polished to a high shine. Nanette squinted at a stained, ratty bench critically. No needles, at least; just stuffing falling out of the upholstery in matted tufts. And there was a dusty lantern beside the bench. She made sure Priya was settled before giving it a try – ah. Good. It was working for now. The light was bright and harsh, brighter still once she scrubbed away at the grime with her sleeve.

You need to be more careful,” she chided, but not unkindly. “Can you show me your wounds?

The first-aid kit was laid out for her to grab whatever tool she needed, and she had her phone propped up for extra light. Nanette’s expression was grim but determined as she eyed the blood staining Priya’s clothing. First came the stop-gap measures, and then she would need to get him dry. More medication, more bandages, more than what she could stuff into a travel kit. So many factors, so many questions.

But this was now. It was time to focus. Priya needed help, and Nanette would give it.

close tab

played by

giz

Rya
He/Him
May 20
not important
not important
Lapdog
cadet
man's best friend
5 height
5 height
awards
19 posts
Priya Kosch DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priya
Priya Kosch
cherry, cherry
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 1:13:47 GMT
Priya Kosch Avatar
Though he struggled to keep consciousness, the remaining adrenaline and blood he had remaining pushed his legs on further.

Keep it together.

He mouths to himself as he grunts through gritted teeth. It felt like they were walking miles, despite it likely only being a block or two.

When they had finally reached their destination, to Priya, the darkness was more poignant, gray’s more gray and black all consuming. It was only when the small light flicked on that vision was granted- the man sat onto the bench and eyeing his surroundings with an indifferent gaze.

Calling you was pretty safe, right? I consider that progress.” He says with a light laugh, gaze returning to her as he slowly lifts his shirt- pausing his movements as cloth unmeshed itself with skin. Once finally uncovered, his torso would be riddled with cuts, gashes, scars and bruises from front to back, Priya draping the shirt over the back of the bench as he struggled for a moment to keep upright, then leaned back onto the supporting surface, wincing as bare skin once more made contact with the cold, sopping wet shirt.

Probably looks worse than it actually is.

In the proper light, a bloody, beaten, and bruised face is more clearly visible- though with what strength he can conjure up, Priya musters a smile.